Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Enclave Lease Questions

Comments

• lasvegasrphlasvegasrph Member Posts: 102
    Well, I am going to post a reply to my own message. And I have GREAT news!

I took delivery TODAY of a 2012 Buick Enclave Convenience FWD in Cyber Gray with Ebony Cloth interior. MSRP $38,245

A very nice dealer in Victorville, Ca (Greiner Buick GMC) made me an offer too good to pass up!

$841 due at drive off
    $333/mo plus tax (NV sales tax is 8.1%)
    24 month lease
    10,000 miles/yr
    Free maint, Free OnStar, and Free Sirius/XM Radio for 24 months included.

I tried to get them down to $325/mo plus tax, but the GM/Owner would not budge past $333/mo.

Get the 2012 Enclave while you can! The dealers are dealin'
  • chmoichmoi Member Posts: 3
    Hello everyone,

I am looking to lease a 2012 Buck Enclave and take advantage of the incentives ($5,000) and 1% interest rate. I read on the message that the residual rate for the 24 month lease (12k miles) was 67%, however the sales person says that the residual is 63%.
    Any thoughts?

Appreciate your feedback!
  • doebybuzzdoebybuzz Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

We are looking to lease a 2012 Buick Enclave leather. We are considering adding the rear entertainment package too. We are needing 15,000 miles a year. What would be considered a good deal? We are open to 24,36 or 39 month leases. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi doebybuzz. If I was personally in the market to lease a 2012 Buick Escalade, I would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over the dealer invoice price that is listed here at Edmunds.com in the New Vehicle Pricing section of the site minus the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on 36- to 39-month leases of it through Ally.

Also, make sure that the dealer uses Ally's current base lease rate of 1.55% for 36-39 month leases to calculate your truck's payment.

If you provide me with the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact vehicle that you want I can work up an approximate payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi car man,

Thanks for replying to me. I looked on Edmunds and the msrp on there is $43,380. It said the invoice is $41,102. The actual msrp on the vehicle is $42,875. The dealer has a dealer discount on it for $1,793. It is listed as a dealer discount. I also have a supplier certificate not sure if it helps or not. Then with the $2,500 ally and $1000 Buick conquest. I also have a trade
    That I will get $3,500 for. We are looking to lease for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year. We would be getting the 1.55% rate and the residual is 54%. I also want to make sure we
    Get the 24 months onstar, xirus and maintenance. Any help would
    Be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for your help!
    Sorry, I forgot to add we are paying tag, title, license and first months payment up front, but that is all.

Thank you!
    You're welcome doebybuzz. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Buick Enclave that has an MSRP of $43,380 and a selling price of $40,875 ($500 over invoice minus a $2,500 cash incentive) through Ally right now for 36-months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $527.

There's nothing wrong with trading in your current vehicle when leasing a new one...however you would be much better off having the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leased vehicles. Those who do so risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, it is much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi,

First off thank you car man!

Was anyone told they would get the 24 month Buick experience on a 36 or 39 month lease? Did anyone actually get it with a 36 or 39 month lease? We were told by several dealerships that we would get it, but we didn't.
  • vballny23vballny23 Member Posts: 33
    no, if you lease for anything more then the 24 months, I was told you do not get it. We just completed a deal for 39 month/15K yr and we asked and dealer said no dice.
  • lasvegasrphlasvegasrph Member Posts: 102
    It depends on the model and if its FWD or AWD. Our lease was based off a 2012 Buick Enclave Convenience FWD (no options) and MSRP $38,245

Residual for 24 months and 10,000 miles/yr = 67%
    **The 12,000 mile/yr lease was 66%

Our residual (buy out) is: $25,624 at end of lease.

The 24 month lease is the best deal going with the 1% interest rate and all the freebies from Ally Financial.
  • gtligtli Member Posts: 27
    edited November 2012
    White Diamond AWD Premium, Rear entertainment, 19" Chrome Wheels
    Moon Roof, Navigation with Rear DVD, roof rails and cargo convenience package. MSRP $51,635. Your Price, after discounts and rebates is $44,750.23.
    With first month and some other fees, $781 down. 36 mo./12k Payment with NV tax $565.56

Good deal? Carman?
    Hey gtli. The truck that you're interested in probably has a spread of around $2,800 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. If we add the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it to that there's a total of around $5,300 or so to play with during your negotiations. You are being given a $6,800 discount on this Enclave. That looks like an excellent selling price to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • tee2greentee2green Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,
    Looking to buy rather than lease(20k miles/yr) a 2013 Enclave Premium FWDw/sunroof. MSRP is $48,100. Invoice at $45,621.
    The vehicle is not around;so would have to order it new. Never done this before. Any help on what to do, and what price should I be negotiating??
    Thx much.
  • ssingh1ssingh1 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if Ally is still supporting lease of 2012 buick with $2500 and what is the money factor?
    For buying, I am getting truecar ~5800 off MSRP but not sure if that will hold if I lease instead of buy because it includes 2500 customer support
    This is my first time leasing and on this forum - thanks for your help and all the great stuff folks have contributed here
  • jcassara536jcassara536 Member Posts: 3
    I am thinking about leasing a 2013 ENCLAVE LEATHER GROUP (FWD) for 39 months can you let me know what the residual value and the money factor a looking to get 10,000 or 12,000 miles per and any cash back and/or incentives and what is a good payment on the car details below
    Vehicle Details
    MSRP Standard Vehicle Price $42,460.00
    Installed Options Total See Dealer
    Cocoa, Perforated Leather Seating Surface$0.00
    White Diamond Tricoat$0.00
    Destination Freight Charge $895.00
    Total MSRP $44,350.00
    Total Cash Offers - $1,000.00
    Price* $43,350.00

Thanks jcassara536
  • buster6buster6 Member Posts: 134
    edited January 2013
    Hi Car_Man,

Could you please post numbers for a 24 month lease for January on the leather or premium (FWD) version. Also is there CCR/Conquest or a combinable rebate with the lease program?

Thank you so much in advance!!
    Welcome ssingh1. Buick is not providing lease support on the 2012 Enclave any longer. If you want to lease one, you are going to have to go with a 2013 model. If you are set on getting a 2012 model, you can finance it through Ally at 0% for up to 6 years, not too shabby. As you mentioned, the $2,500 customer csh is not compatible with that special rate though.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi buster6. Ally's January base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Enclave AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 63%.

General Motors is currently providing a $3,340 cash incentive to all consumers who lease a '13 Enclave through Ally for 2-years.

There's an additional $2,000 for people who are currently leasing and $1,000 for people who are currently financing or own a non General Motors vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • arod4arod4 Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2013
    Hi anyone seeing any good lease deals on 2013 buick enclave? seems all the posts are older. or i'm not doing something right.

i can't seem to pull the trigger on any car unless i vet it through here first. been using this forum for years and it's such a great consumer tool.
    Hi arod4. You should be able to get an idea of what sort of lease deals General Motors is offering on this truck by visiting the following page:

http://www.buick.com/tools/currentoffers/results.do?zipCode=90210

Keep in mind that most manufacturers advertised lease deals leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. Savvy consumers who live in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to beat the selling prices that were used to arrive at manufacturers' officially advertised leases.

If you have a specific trim level, MSRP and selling price for a particular model I would be happy to use Buick's lease program to work up a sample payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • windrockwindrock Member Posts: 5
    Here is one I am looking into - Enclave Premium MSRP $48,060 and sales price $45,277. What would the lease terms be on this arrangement? What are typical end of lease terms with GM leases?
    Hi windrock. It wasn't completely clear, but I think that you want me to work up a payment on this vehicle for you. Here we go. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Buick Enclave that has an MSRP of $48,060 and a selling price of $45,277 through Ally right now for 36-months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $530.

Ally does not charge a disposition fee at lease-end for consumers who want to give their vehicles back, but for some reason it has been charging consumers who want to buy their vehicles at lease-end and exorbitant fee.

Car_man
    Host
  • cosmedentcosmedent Member Posts: 2
    Car Man what are the current money factor and residual for the 2013 enclave leather FWD. I'm looking for 10,000 miles and either 24,36, or 39 month lease. Thanks
  • shaker58shaker58 Member Posts: 130
    I have 6 months left on enclave and would like to return early and get new one.

Can you please give lease numbers on 36months/12k if there is a better program let me know.
    what rebates would apply?
  • hoodsurferhoodsurfer Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2013
    Hi Car Man,

First thank you for doing what you do on here. I saved $50 a month on a lease of a Sonata last year. I found what other people were getting and called around until some one gave us that rate. Amazing how one dealer laughs at us but the next calls us back and it's a done deal.

I tried to find a calculator but for some reason it's not working. I am looking at a 2013 Enclave Premium Group. MSRP $51,240 and a final price $49,740. Lease of 36/39 months and 15,000 miles. I am thinking they would give a better rate for a 39 month, but who knows. I don't have a GM car already so nothing with Ally already. Seems there is only a $1,500 discount now. Unless you see something else?

Also I am thinking we could get $10,000 out of our trade in. I know it's best not to put a down payment or trade in, we didn't on our other car. But we have so many issues with the current vehicle I just absolutely don't want to deal with private selling it and want to just get rid of it.

Thanks!
  • cobia2006cobia2006 Member Posts: 2
    Dear Car Man,

Thank you so much for the nice service you are offering. I am negotiating a deal on a 2013 Enclave leather group. Please tell me what a good deal on a lease should be with $0 down and 24 months 12k per year.

Need to know payment before tax and fair residual value.

The 3# are as follow:

MSRP is $44050. Sale price is 42020 and incentives are $4870. Dealer fees of $1370 which includes acquisition. Residual is at 62% (is the residual fair?). What should my payment be considering all of the incentives.

Thank you!
    Cobia2006
  • paperboycccpaperboyccc Member Posts: 93
    hoodsurfer, you can trade in your vehicle for cash. This way is your new lease is totaled you don't lose that money.
    Hi cosmedent. Ally uses lease rates instead of money factors to calculate the interest portion of lease payments. Its March base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Buick Enclave without Convenience with 10,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 64%.

The numbers for 36- and 39-month leases of this truck are 1.5% / 57% and 1.5% / 55%.

General Motors is currently providing a $3,340 cash incentive on 24- and $2,530 on 36-39 month leases of this vehicle. There's an additional $500 op top of that in certain areas.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi shaker58. I'm not aware of any official early lease that General Motors is running right now. If there is none then you will probably be be better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get something new.

Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Buick Enclave without Convenience with 12,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 57%.

GM is providing a $2,530 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this model in all areas plus an additional $500 on top of that in certain areas.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome hoodsurfer. I'm glad that I've been able to help you out.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,530 cash incentive on 36 to 39 month leases of this model through Ally. If I was in the market for one, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over the dealer invoice price that is listed here at Edmunds.com minus the above cash.

Do you need me to work up a lease payment for you? You can always use the formula that is outlined in this article to play with the numbers: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome Cobia2006. Let's work up a payment on this vehicle and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Buick Enclave without Convenience that has an MSRP of $44,050 and a selling price of 37,150 through Ally right now for 24-months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $419.

Car_man
    Host
    edited March 2013
    Thanks Car Man. So I looked at a different one and they are telling me on a $55,060 premium group AWD 2013 that I got them down to $46530 that my payment on a 36 month 15k lease would be $600. Tax in NC is 3% and they told me the residual was 55% and the rate was 2.7%. Ugh, where are they getting this info, based on what you are saying in here? Can you please work the numbers... I am clearly missing something.
    You're welcome hoodsurfer. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Buick Enclave Premium AWD that has an MSRP of $55,060 and a selling price of $46,530 through Ally right now for 36-months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $470.

I used a lease rate of 1.5% and a residual value of 57% to arrive at this payment. The residual value for the '13 Enclave with the 1SD option, which I translate to Convenience, would be 55%, but all other Enclave models should be 57%.

Either way, a payment that's more than $100 per month higher than what I came up with is way out of whack. The 2.7% lease rate that they quoted you is flat out wrong for a lease through either Ally or US Bank. Is the dealer using GM Financial for this deal?

Car_man
    Host
    I am not sure, I will contact them tomorrow. Closed on Sundays. I agree something is amiss here and I am not sure what. Everytime I tried to ask him something he kept saying you aren't comparing apples to apples. I told him another dealer gave me $530 on a MSRP of $48k. I kept saying yeah so their MSRP is lower, so your payment should be lower. And he was like, no you have to look at the MSRP. WHich I know you do a little bit but still. I guess I'll keep shopping around...
  • cobia2006cobia2006 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

Thank you for your response. Based on the adjusted cap of $37150 I provided you with, you calculated a payment of $419 (Which is on par of what I am wanting to pay).
    The Dealer quoted me $553 + tax+ fees. Where does the difference come from? It seems pretty high!! I feel like they are trying to rip me off.

Any thoughts?
  • osceola2013osceola2013 Member Posts: 3
    Hello Car Man:

I am setting off to do battle this weekend on a 2013 Enclave or GMC Acadia lease. I would like to have the numbers for the following vehicle so I hopefully don't have to waste the whole day playing price ping pong. The two vehicles that I am considering are a 2013 Buick Enclave Leather Edition or 2013 GMC Acadia Denali depending which has the best program and residuals resulting in the best lease rate. Below are the numbers for the Buick and GMC I was looking at..Thanks for your help...

2013 Enclave
    MSRP: $44,875
    Sale Price: $42,620 (They are claiming they will sell $50 over invoice)
    Rebate: $1500
    I am ok with a 24, 36 or 39 month lease at 15,000 per year

2013 GMC Acadia Denali
    MSRP: $47,835
    Sale Price: $47,885
    Rebate: $1500
    24, 36 or 39 months at 15,000 per year
  • fanofcarmanfanofcarman Member Posts: 1
    Dear Car Man,

Thank you so much for the amount of time you spend helping us out!

I am a bit confused about the Incentives you mentioned. Is Ally cash separate from competing owner conquest cash? Can I expect to add them for a bigger discount? Please help! Hoping to lease a gorgeous Enclave this week!

What are the incentives that are available for a competitive owner in WI willing to do the Experience Buick 24m lease?

Here is what I have so far.

Sticker. $39,490
    Edmunds invoice. $36,523
    Add $200. $36,723
    Minus Ally cash of $3,340. $33,383
    Minus Potential Ally cash $500(?). $32883
    Minus conquest of owner cash $2,000. $30,883
    Minus Bonus cash(?) $500. $30,383

Does that look right or am I double counting? In other words, when you say Ally cash incentive is available with leases, is that separate from other bonus cash like conquest cash?

Thank you so much!!!
  • bradespbradesp Member Posts: 21
    Car_Man, a quick question. How do I use the Ally Lease Rate to calculate the "interest" portion of my monthly payment? I know how to calculate everything else (residual, monthly depreciation, etc.). Because it's not a Money Factor, I can't find any online examples.

Thanks!
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905
    If you have a lease rate as a percentage, divide it by 2400 to get the equivalent money factor.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• jen727bfjen727bf Member Posts: 12
    Carman,

I am interested in the 2013 enclave leather group fwd with 15k miles. What are the numbers (money factor, residual) for April? Also, are the same incentives available?

Thanks.
    You're welcome cobia2006. I just double checked the payment that I came up with and it is right. $553 per month is too much for this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    edited April 2013
    Hi osceola2013. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Buick Enclave without Convenience with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 61%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.5% and 57%. The 39-month numbers are 1.5% and 55%.

There's a $3,340 cash incentive on 24-month and $2,530 on 36-39 month leases of this truck. There's another $500 bonus cash everywhere and another $500 in certain areas on top of that.

The numbers for the GMC Acadia Denali are 1.0% and 65%. The numbers for a 36-month lease are 1.5% and 56%. The 39-month numbers are 1.5% and 54%.

The cash on the '13 Acadia is $1,500 on 24 month and $2,000 on 36-months again plus the $500 bonus cash and the potential for another $500 in certain areas.

Car_man
    Host
    edited April 2013
    You're very welcome fanofcarman. Now that's a cool username ;) . Here's how I interpret the available cash incentives...

Sticker. $39,490
    Edmunds invoice. $36,523
    Add $200. $36,723

Minus the $2,530 cash incentive that's available on 36-month leases of this truck through Ally.

Minus another $500 lease incentive if it's available in your area (tell me what state you are in and I can tell you if it is)

Minus the $2,000 conquest cash if you are currently leasing a non-GM product.

Minus the $500 Bonus Cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bradesp. tjc78's answer is right on the money.

Thanks for the help tjc78!

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jen727bf. General Motors' March lease program for the 2013 Enclave is supposed to be good through April 30th. That program provided a base lease rate of 1.5% and a residual value of 57% on a 36-month, 15,000 mile per year lease of this truck.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,530 cash incentive on 36-month leases of it through Ally, plus another $500 on top of that in select areas, plus $500 bonus cash, plus $2,000 cash if you are currently leasing something.

Feel free to check back with me in a few days to see if there has been any unscheduled changes.

Car_man
    Host
  • neilmanneilman Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2013
    Hi Car man!

I'm looking to lease a premium with navi and sunroof which has an msrp of 48,715. I am located in the Miami FL area. What are the reductions / incentives I should expect to get? The lease will be for 36 or 39 months. I own competing brand vehicles which perhaps may qualify me for a conquest discount? From what I've read on the previous posts...there's approximately $9000 worth of discounts / incentives to be reduced from the msrp. What should the monthly payment be?

Also, should I expect to have to pay a security deposit? Dealer fees in addition to tag charges?

Thanks!
    Hi neilman. Let's take a look at the cash incentives that are available on a lease of a 2013 Buick Enclave. There's a $2,530 cash incentive on 36 to 39 month leases of this truck plus another o grand if you are currently leasing a non-General Motors product or $1,000 if you are the current owner of a non-GM product. Add this to what ever sort of dealer discount you can negotiate. If I was in the market for this model, I personally would shoot for a selling price of right around invoice minus incentives. You can find the invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Let's work up a payment. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Buick Enclave that has an MSRP of $48,715 and a capitalized cost of $43,785 through Ally right now for 36-onths with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $490.

Ally charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • jen727bfjen727bf Member Posts: 12
    Thank you Car_man! You are the best!

Here is what I've gotten so far:

MSRP $44,895
    Incentives of $4,530 (They are claiming the $500 bonus cash is no longer being offered)
    36 months with lease rate of 1.2%
    55% residual value (they won't give me the 57%) for 15k miles
    $1583 due for inceptions (I've asked for a breakdown of these, as I was under the assumption of no money down)
    $441/month plus tax.

Thoughts?

Thank you!
  • osceola2013osceola2013 Member Posts: 3
    I am getting similar numbers on a 2013 Leather Trim with an MSRP of $45,930. My dealer told me the $500 dropped off the Acadia, not the Enclave. I am still getting offered the Ally money, the $500 and an additional $500 for being a Farm Bureau Insurance member. I am also being quoted 55% on 36 month and 52% on a 39 month lease, not sure if these changed on April 1st when the national incentived did...
    Hi jen727bf. What you were told is correct, the $500 bonus cash did disappear. It's difficult to say at this point whether GM will being it back later this month.

The cash incentives that you mentioned look correct. The lease rate that you were quoted is correct as well, just for a deal though U.S. Bank instead of through Ally, which is fine. Both act as captive finance companies for GM. Dealers cannot alter banks' residual values so don't worry too much about that.

If you like the vehicle and negotiate a selling price that's pretty close to invoice minus incentives, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.