Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Turbo Setup Question

atroumblyatroumbly Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Ford
I'm planning on putting a turbo in my 1999 Sable. The turbo will add on about 50-60 HP. What I'm wondering is how well the computer will respond to it, and any additional information that I should be aware of, such as other parts that I wouldn't normally think to buy when I put in this turbo. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• whitallwhitall Member Posts: 190
    Try asking here, http://www.ford-forums.com/ford-taurus/
    I found Abe there to be very helpful.
  • babytrudybabytrudy Member Posts: 3
    I have a 99 mercury sable and have changed plugs, fuel filter, checked plug wires and it still surges when you stop and misses. It runs down the road fine. What could be the possibilities?
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    I think you want to post this in the repairs section. This is the modifications section.

-mike
  • kbstreatkbstreat Member Posts: 2
    i have a 1997 subaru impreza 2.2L non-turbo and i was wondering what i would have to do to upgrade my stock engine to turbo and what would be the cheapest way possible!!! i need to know what parts i need what work i will need and whatever else might be invloved for cheap!!!
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    I own a business that exclusively works on subarus and "upgrading" them. The best way to upgrade a 2.2L non-turbo subie up to turbo standards is an engine swap with a WRX motor. Cost runs in the $5000+ range but it's worth it. We send our customers to East Coast Swappers here in the Northeast for the best swapped subies.

-mike
This discussion has been closed.