Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Solara Fuel and Oil Questions

hostmomhostmom Member Posts: 3
Please help! What type of gas do the 2006 and 2007 SLE convertibles take?
I am shopping for a 2007, but my husband tells me the 07 takes premium gas and the 06 takes regular!
Help!

Comments

• meegwellmeegwell Member Posts: 67
    The '06 takes regular.
  • yorksladyyorkslady Member Posts: 6
    I just got the 07 Solara SLE Convertible...just regular. Also if you are in California and want to get this Solara, go to power toyota of cerritos they have a coupon for 2007 SLE Solara convertible for $26,488.00 plus Tax. :shades:
  • hostmomhostmom Member Posts: 3
    I've been looking everywhere online for Toyota's recommendations on octane for the 2007 and 2006, but I just couldn't find anything.
    Thanks.
  • hostmomhostmom Member Posts: 3
    Hey there! We ended up buying a 2008 from Wilmington Toyota, NC.
    We use top tier regular gas. We love this car!!!!!
  • moms_maxmoms_max Member Posts: 62
    Congratulations!! You got lucky with the last model year to be made.... :cry:
    What color combo did you get?
  • captbob2captbob2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi: Have an 06 Conv. what make and grade of oil is preferred, In FL never cold.
    Thanks
  • crazedcommutercrazedcommuter Member Posts: 281
    In my 2008 Solara 4 banger the owner's manual states that 5W 20 is the recommended oil for this car. 38,000 miles. I usually buy either Motorcraft synthetic blend,Castrol syntec blend, or Quaker State full synthetic when on sale. I also use Purolater Pure One filters. Oil gets changed every 5,000 miles.
  • bowen3bowen3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    My 2003 Solara has 174k miles on it and is running great. JiffiLube suggested I put synthetic
    oil in it, now that it has high mileage. I've read though, that it is not necessary, but is a money
    maker for the oil shop.?

Also, my steering column just got stuck in the very highest position and now I can't adjust it back to the lowest setting (where I like it). Any advice from anyone??

Thanks!!
  • LuvGermanCarsLuvGermanCars Member Posts: 14
    What does everyone recommend I use for oil in a 00' Solara V6, 5W-30 or 10W-30? Are people using high mileage oil or regular oil?

My Fiances Solara [poor thing is about to die] is due for me to change the oil.

She doesn't drive much as we use my car mostly; I've totally forgotten the type of oil required by the car and the capacity (think it is 5quarts total).

Any help would be appreciated :-)
  • jimmyvatojimmyvato Member Posts: 1
    Hi, we are new owners of a Pre loved 04 sle coupe, automatic and indeed here in Canada we were wondering best gas octane and of course oil, thanks and very glad to be here!