Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Odyssey vs. Hyundai Entourage vs. Kia Sedona vs. Toyota Sienna

1235»

Comments

• kitagrlkitagrl Member Posts: 7
    For those on a budget, Kia is great. I would just make sure you really get a good deal on it though, if you are going to spend 30,000 on a vehicle, get the Honda for its good resale! However if you are like us, and need a deal, get the Kia. We just got a loaded-with-everything (luxury, power, dvd) 2007 Kia Sedona EX that was a Kia demo car with 1500 miles on it for only $19,500. For that, I think I can swallow some of the things like wind noise or whatever rattles crop up. However if I paid the 33,000 list price for the loaded, or even the 25,000-28,000 "retail", the petty things might seem bigger. Is it really worth paying $10,000 more just to make the inside quieter (maybe the wind noise will block out whining?)....not really for us. But then we've only had this one for two days (traded in our 2004 Sedona, needed more space.)

I will say we rented a Town and Country a few years ago on a trip and we hated it!
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I agree and I think I've stated something similar before.

I've seen basic Hyundai Entourages, new, for under $20k.

At that price, they make no excuses.

FWIW, though, I got a fairly well equipped Sienna for $25 grand, power doors on both sides, 6CD, a lot of stuff that $20k Entourage would not have had.

So it's definitely not $10 grand more. Maybe $3-4k.
  • autowriteautowrite Member Posts: 226
    The Hyundai Entourages prices in Canada for the basics start at:

L AUTOMATIC $30,995.00
    GL AUTOMATIC $33,395.00
    GLS AUTOMATIC $37,495.00
    Limited AUTOMATIC $39,495.00

Gas is currently $1.22 in Ontario oer litre and most other provinces at %1.34+
    $1.22 works out to $4.61 per gallon. And as you know gas is going up! I am on a pension with a 2002 Odyssey. I am keeping it and keeping it in repair (possibly forever). It currently has 200,000 kms on it.

The next time I would probably want Honda's Stream (when it comes to NA) or Toyota's micro-minivan in a disel/electric hybrd.
  • rob22315rob22315 Member Posts: 31
    I just checked the CR website, the 2007 shows generally excellent reliability except for squeeks/rattles and body hardware. I haven't seen either on the two Entourage's I've had. There's a caveat in the detailed readings noting low rated vehicles aren't necessarily unreliable, nor does a high rating mean the line won't have problems. Also note it doesn't take many reports to move between the ratings - the top ratings are 1-2%, lower ratings exceed 3%. That's not a huge difference. One needs to read the other forums. Every brand has it's lemons and issues.

You should ask why I've had 2 Entourages already - the 2007 had major power steering issues that results in a lemon law exchange. Power steering hasn't been an issue on any other Entourage I've seen on forums, but we got a bad one. Other than that, I've been very happy with the Entourage.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Canada, ah, that explains it.

In the US the price premium for a Toyota is closer to $3-4 grand USD.
This discussion has been closed.