Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Expedition Air Conditioning Questions

1235»

Comments

• 1josey1josey Member Posts: 2
    I called Ford finally, just thought I would share. I was told this part is under the valve cover. Hope this helps someone.
  • tonymendeztonymendez Member Posts: 7
    its is either in front of the battery or near the fire wall on the passenger side.
    either the compressor went out which u can tell if you have it on and open the hood then look to see if the compressor is running. if it is then more than likely your evaporator is clogged and either needs to be cleaned out , if possible depends on the model, or replaced!
    google it and u will find several companies that sell the complete shop manual for it! gl
    its the actuater for the heater exchange box. simply unscrew it and bring it to the parts store or the dealer and they can match it with the #'s on its label and you'll be good to go.
    the actuater for your rear air is not functioning correctly. remove the rear panel where the rear air is located. it will be a clear plastic box with a wire harness is plugged into. remove it and replace it. prob solved. gl
    that's correct! gl
  • alwaysfords2alwaysfords2 Member Posts: 339
    Dude, you are responding to people who had these problems 5 years ago.
  • guevara1guevara1 Member Posts: 2
    Trying to locate the vacuum check valve on my 2003 Expedition. Having the same problems and want to replace it but cannot locate. Any tips?
  • marvinntracymarvinntracy Member Posts: 4
    I have a 99 Ford Expedition. Yesterday we turn on the ac and it blew cool air..not cold..out the front vents, and hot air out the back...any thoughts on what is happening?
  • trendi35trendi35 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I drive a 2003 ford expedition. When the a/c is turned on it blows high for a about 30 seconds, then low for about 15 seconds. This happens the entire time the a/c is on. What do you think the problem could be? My windshield wiper comes on when I turn on the blinker and I cannot turn it off until it is turned into the right position. What is happening here?
  • terman8erterman8er Member Posts: 2
    Hey all...I tried searching the forums and apparently my search-fu is weak.

My issue is my 2007, great old lady that she is, is having AC issues, last year and this.

I thought I read something last year that Ford admitted that if the ambient temperature exceeded 104°F the AC would work properly...now I can't find anything like that. Now this year it simply will not work...if I leave it running for a while it may kick in but no where near as cold as it should or used to be.

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
    Either the compressor or clutch is shot, or your refrigerant charge is low.
  • terman8erterman8er Member Posts: 2
    I am not sure how this worked but my A/C is now working.

Last Monday I tried to go to work and my battery was completely dead. No internal lights, no cranking at all. That night I hooked up my 1995 Dodge Dakota (V8 4x4) and let it charge for about an hour and it started up. Let it run for another hour before turning it off. Next morning, no problems, started up and I drove to work. This lasted until yesterday. In the morning I tried it and whir whir, click click...damn. This time it would not take a charge so I went and bought a new battery.

BINGO Starts and runs perfectly now...and my A/C is working now. What the...???
  • guevara1guevara1 Member Posts: 2
    I'm still having problems with my front and rear AC. My husband tried to locate the vacuum hoses and cannot find them. Any suggestions? The front blows cool until I accelerate and then stops, hence the vacuum issue. The back blows warm air and there is a clicking noise. Husband pulled out actuator and it's still ticking!! Any thought? Thank you!
    The vac lines in the front go around the battery tray and are subject to failing. That is your front problem, the back is the actuator which is clicking. The gears are stripped and it needs to be changed.
  • zzxdt4zzxdt4 Member Posts: 1
    I am seeing the same symptoms in my 1999 expedition, wondering what you ended up doing to solve the problem.
  • marvinntracymarvinntracy Member Posts: 4
    We found out that there are two seperate system. One to cool the front and one for the back, and the rear was out of freon. Simple fix, it just needed to be charged.
  • phil_brewer2phil_brewer2 Member Posts: 1
    2001 expedition air heater control in dashboard where is it located
  • dabronx51dabronx51 Member Posts: 1
    I have 2005 for Expedition and I am having some issues with my AC. I have noticed that when I am towing our trailer and I star to climb any type of grade, my AC with stop blowing. Then once i am moving again at a decent speed, the AC kicks on again. Any idea what might be causing this? Thanks!
  • beanerizer101beanerizer101 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1998 expedition and recently the air coindiotioning has started acting up. i know it has a dual system but the front will start blowing hot air after about ten miuntes of driving it. when it is blowing cold air, its REALLY cold. The rear air is always cold even when the front gets hot. In the winter time, i would have the heat on and the rear would be really hot but the front would do the same thing and get cold after about ten minutes of driving it. does anyone know what could be causing this? thanks in advance
    Sounds like a broken blend door.
  • davepaddavepad Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 Expedition that has blower problems in the front unit only. Always occurs when accelerating, usually up a hill, with the blower on high. The blower stops. It will return back on in a couple minutes. Chief mechanic at dealership has no clue, but has not been able to recreate it, either.
  • geddesmgeddesm Member Posts: 1

I have an 07 Expedition that has recently had some a/c issues. From reading the forum it sounds like the clicking/thumping from the right rear of the back is a blend door.

But I have another sound coming from the same area in the back. It sounds like a whistle from a pump or compressor. And it is coming from the back right on the inside. The noise has gotten louder and more frequent and I recently noticed that the a/c is not cold. It blows cool but not cold enough to really do anything. The rear a/c temp is about the same. Any ideas?

Third, my model has controls in the front for the rear a/c fan speed and temperature. A few months ago this control for the temp quit working for hot or cold. Thinking a fuse but I haven't checked yet.

• sando3sando3 Member Posts: 1
    2004 Ford Expedition. Rear air conditioner knocking, steam from under hood at hose coming from firewall. What is the problem?
  • mustangman824mustangman824 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2010 Ford Expedition el. I have two seperate problems. 1) the dual climate control wil not control. I turn the heater on and turn the driver side to 80 and it still blows cold. Where as the passenger side seems to control with the selector switch.  Throw me a bone here. 2) the A /c has started to warm up when you come to a light for a few minutes, then you get going again and it starts to cool off like normal. It's doing it more and more now. I have a feeling it is getting ready to go out completely, my wife carries around a baby, can somebody shed light on this.
  • mustangman824mustangman824 Member Posts: 2
    Also from above this is #3). The passenger side window when I try to open of course doesn't it make this nasty sound like something is hung up going round and around. I was thinking window regulator not motor. But was curious if someone could narrow it down for me. There is a 4 but I'll tell y'all about that after I haven't scared everybody away yet.  Where are you always fords2.
    it's very slow here, I don't check in too often. The problem in the front sounds like the blend door for the drivers side is broken. The not staying as cool at a light sounds like low on refrigerant or possibly the serpentine belt or idler is getting sloppy and not driving the compressor as hard as it should be. Not a window expert, but the first thing to do is take the panel off and watch what's going on. It will probably be obvious. What's #4?