Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC70 Check Engine & Electrical Issues

khkinchkhkinch Member Posts: 1
edited October 2014 in Volvo
I have a 2002 XC70 that has probably had more issues than a $40K+ car should! The car itself is great, but it has been a bit costly to maintain... In any event, my most recent problems are:

1) Check engine light is on, and says that service is required. I took it to Auto Zone, and they came up with the code 2112. Auto Zone does not have codes that correspond that high, and the dealer claims that they have different readers which show different codes than at Auto Zone. Is this true? Does anyone have an idea about what this problem might be?

2) Electrical systems seems to be very quirky... I would say 3-5 times per week, I find my alarm system going off for no reason. Also, periodically, the sunroof decides not to work. Have others experienced similar issues, and if so, how did you correct them? I am afraid that the costs to repair will be significant, and not worth it, since they are more of a nuisance than a real problem (or at least I believe this to be true).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• nsuemnsuem Member Posts: 1
    Why does the 2000 Volvo XC V70 SE AWD automatic 4 speed get better mileage on the new EPA standards than the same year and car but 5 speed automatic? Shouldn't the 5 speed get better mileage? The first car is rated at 19 mpg while the second (the 5 speed) qualifies for the cash for clunkers at 18 mpg.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    A couple of resources here at Edmunds for you to check:

- Edmunds.com Cash For Clunkers Resource Center: http://www.edmunds.com/cash-for-clunkers/
    - the Forums discussion for C4C: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f1db290

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
  • ryanpjryanpj Member Posts: 1
    Hi folks,

Several months ago, my 2004 XC70 started sounding a high pitched alarm-like sound, that could really only be heard when close to the car. We are currently on vacation and my wife heads home tonight from one of the local malls and, after locking the doors, the emergency lights are flashing. I tried leaving the doors unlocked, but after about a minute, the emergency lights start flashing. So, no matter what, my volvo is out in the hotel parking lot with the emergency light flashing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, espeically if someone is online tonight!!!

Thanks
    ryanpj
This discussion has been closed.