Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Hybrid Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• malolansmalolans Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the information oocking. I called Mastria and they were not ready to match your numbers. They were 1 hour drive away (I live in framingham) and they told me you traded in and so you got a good deal. I went to clay at norwood and got the car with convenience package for $28,500 out of the door. Now i am off to find some good 0% APR deals on credit cards to pay off the loan..
  • occkingoccking Member Posts: 346
    Interesting, I purchased two NAH's last week from Mastria. One did have a trade, the other was a cash deal. I feel even better now about the deal I got. Worst dealer around here is E. Providence Nissan. Fireside Nissan in North Attleboro never got back to me with pricing, and Balise, in Warwick were the ones to only offered me a good deal after I had made the deal with Mastria. They did everything they could me to convince me to back out of the deal with Mastria, which says something about their ethics. Good luck with your purchase at Clay.

So far, my wife & I both love the vehicles, only problem I have is I believe the road noise (rather wind) is more than I would like and, possibly as a result, the voice recognition does not work that well at highway speeds. Sitting in the driverway fine.
    Hi,

Its me again. Does anybody know of new graduate discount from Nissan.. Do they have any and if so how much is that? I haven't done my deal yet.. but thought I can get some more discounts..

Thanks
  • redwood2redwood2 Member Posts: 19
    mags49: it included a moonroof, no wind deflector, no aluminum kickplates. I approached the seven dealerships by phone (I had already visited two in person to drive the cars) and asked if they would send me their best proposal if I sent them my specs. All seven said yes. I emailed my specs (color, trim, package invoice and MSRP prices listed plus destination) and waited. It took 1 1/2 days for them to reply and I had to call at least three of them to see if they got my email. Carsdirect.com was the highest proposal and they wouldn't go lower. Bay Bridge responded first to my email with the lowest price. So, it was an internet/phone combo. It took Monday through Friday to get a car at a price I liked. Be patient! Careful: Redwood is running a very low price now on a NAH, which may already include the tax credit. Good luck! :D
  • pah2000pah2000 Member Posts: 1
    Maryland isn't one of the states Nissan ships the 2008 NAH to because of the emissions deal. But Md dealers can trade cars with dealers from other states. A Nissan dealer here can get a car (with convenience pkg) from PA for me for $200 over invoice price of $25,427 (mrsp is $27205) , before March incentives ($1250 rebate or 3.9% financing (60m)). Is this a good deal? Can I contact out of state dealers myself and negotiate a better deal with them directly? Thanks.
  • mags49mags49 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks again, Redwood2, for the swell information. Interesting re: carsdirect as I was going to start there. I'll post my results, hopefully, in a few weeks.
  • akn711akn711 Member Posts: 3
    I got the deal from Boardwalk at Redwood City for the $26,749 deal w/ tech package. Only thing is no sunroof, I really wanted one, but the ones with sunroof they won't sell offer for that much below invoice. Anyhow, I called Mike the GM there to confirm the deal. Went down there and was in and out in about 90 minutes. They are friendly and easy to work with there, the new ad said there still 5 left....when I was there last week they only had 3.... all silver. Those interested should call and find out.

May I ask for anyone that has the NAH tech package, does your auto dimming mirror have a compass? I just noticed mine doesn't.
    Congrats on that price. That included the rebate too? I have the tech pkg and there is no compass.

Does anyone know what the little glowy orange light mean that is on the overhead light/moonroof control panel? It is to the right of the light switches. It goes on, then off. Can't figure out what this little indicator light means. :confuse:
    I think that is a map reader.. But i am not really sure!
  • emgremgr Member Posts: 109
    That little light you refer to is the indicator that the headlights are on or off. If you have it in automode, it will go on and off as needed. If you turn the stock to full on, look overhead and you will see the light come on. I hope that helps.
    ohhhhhhh, thanks! Couldn't find that piece of info anywhere in the manual, and I've been reading it! :D
  • webextwebext Member Posts: 1
    Just thought I'd throw another price point out there from the Bay Area. I just bought a Altima, no extras, not even the convenience package, for $22,111. I didn't play hardball, really at all, so I believe someone willing to engage in pain, travel, or with more patience, could get it below $22K.

I price-shopped the net (price quotes ranged from the low 22's to mid 23's but most were around 22.5, and the local internet guy matched the lowest price I got back from my emails. A very smooth, albeit a bit slow, process until the F&I guy. He claimed my preapproved financing wasn't what my credit union told me it was. My credit scores are all above 800 and well I still don't believe him. However, when I threatened to walk and come back tomorrow after talking to my credit union he magically came up with a lower rate which beat my credit union's rate.

Finally, Boardwalk Nissan (not where I bought my car) is blowing out the full packaged Altima's at 26,873 if I remember correctly but I'm not sure for how long.

Hope this helps!
  • akn711akn711 Member Posts: 3
    Yes, that included the rebate. Thanks for confirming the mirror deal.
    I also remember reading somewhere the little orange light, is when you are in voice command mode and the system is ready to take a command, or when there is a bluetooth connection. I notice mine is on most of the time when I am driving... and I also have the light switch turn onto auto.
    Not true. there is no light that tells you are in voice command mode except the voice itself andthe indicator on the Nav screen telling you that it is your turn to talk. The orange light on the overhead console is totally for informing you if the headlines are on or off.

Anyone 3rd person want to settle this point?
    I agree, only on when headlights are on. Apparently, only on vehicle with tech package.
  • seven20pseven20p Member Posts: 10
    2.99 is avaliable for altima hybrids now / 60 months or 1250 cash back.

I think i may be finalizing my deal very shortly. we will see.

what is the best warranty option and what should one expect to pay at the dealer.
  • sonelsonel Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking to close on a NAH / Connection pack - Can you please let me know what was your OTD price taking everything into account? thx
    NAH connection at invoice:
    base invoice: 23, 591
    connection pkg: 3,817
    Destination chg: 625
    less rebate: 1,250
    TOTAL: $29,283

Tax in CA was 8%
    Licensing in CA was $239
    CA Tire tax was $8.35
    smog cert was $12

However, I paid less than invoice.
    Not counting tax, license, etc... since states are different, but including the rebate, I paid $2841 below invoice on a NAH w/tech. This should give you an idea of how much below invoice you can get a car. The American manufacturers are now offering cars at $4,000 - $10,000 discounts (granted, big SUVs)! Prices are falling.

Out the door w/tax, license, financing, tire fee, etc.... etc was $30,.037 for the NAH w/tech and loaded. Subtract about $2500 from this (for the connection pkg), and a target for out the door with similar tax/license might be $27,500+. I think you could go better, though. Patience is the key and shopping around.

good luck! :)
    Thanks redwood2 - best I'm getting now in CA for the connection pack is around 29k OTD which is about $1500 below invoice at the numbers you mentioned.. Really think I can go below 28k OTD ? :surprise:
  • markjacqmarkjacq Member Posts: 9
    First off thanks to everyone for their posts over the last few months. Ive been an avid reader and it's helped alot in making our decision.

So on 3/31 we bought a NAH, slate grey with tech package for $27,349 before california tax/license. I could have gotten the "Boardwalk" price ($26,749) as my dealer was going to match it, but they did not have the Slate color in stock and thats what my wife preferred. So they had to trade for it and I paid the $600 difference that they would have gotten back from Nissan if they had sold a car in their inventory (thats what dealer told me anyway.)

Regardless Im happy with price and even though we havent put that many miles on the car (its going to be used for in town driving), we are very pleased with it so far.. Plus Im thrilled to have gotten rid of my gas guzzling bmw 540i !

Thanks again-- all of you really helped us in this purchase.
    Sounds like a great price. Did that include the typical add ons -- roof, wind deflector & kick plates? That's better than I did one month ago in Mass, I was at $29250 for one, after the rebate (with a few extras, three oil changes, tires for life and double power train warrantry (if serviced at dealer)

I have 3500 miles on one NAH (will be 4 weeks tomorrow) so I obviously travel a lot. So far have been averaging around 32.5 mostly highway driving. I hope it goes up a bit. Have a second NAH bought for wife, filled it for first time yesterday (450 miles) and actual usage was only 28 mpg (trip computer said 31.5) so I am hoping that will improve as vehicle is used more.
    sounds great markjacq - which dealership did you end up buying at?
  • seven20pseven20p Member Posts: 10
    Did that include the sunroof? as well as the extras. Was that including the 1250 rebate or did you do the NMAC financing.

I have gotten a wide variety of pricing on both west and east coast dealers

Most of these dealers are shady with internet pricing.

Lets tack on destination on top of invoice which includes same.

Lets force a Milenium package on the internet customer that was shopping online to not deal with this sorts of thing.

If you would like to refer your salesperson please PM me as I am in the market for the dark slate // tech fully loaded as well.

Of course, I may have already talked to them.

Please break down your price and options. If you got in CA more than likely your doc fee was 55 as that is the max allowable.

I cant seem to get a dealer more than a few hundred below invoice...and if they are they have a doc fee of 299-499 on east coast...not that it is a bad price just that I definately think it could be better based on feedback.
  • markjacqmarkjacq Member Posts: 9
    Hi Everyone- let me see if i can answer everyone questions:

My NAH only included Tech and floor mats. Interestingly enough the dealership (Dorito Brothers in Concord, CA) had a Slate,tech with sunroof that i could have had for 27,700 but both my wife and I are tall and the headroom was a problem for us. Plus my other cars have sunroofs and we never use them.
    My wife was really set on the Slate without sunroof, so we had to pay the additional $600 that the dealer wouldnt get back from Nissan since he had to trade for it(at least thats the way I understood it). The price i put above was the price after the rebate was taken out. They did throw in 2 free oil changes too. If i remember correctly the only other charge besides tax and license was a $55 doc fee and I did not finance.
    Frankly, I believe we got lucky due to an earlier poster teeing us up to Boardwalk Nissans ad in late March. Additionally i bought on 3/31 and my understanding is that at the end of the qtr, Nissan wanted lots of cars sold so they added in special cash back to dealers for cars sold off their lots, so dealers were being extra aggressive (heck Boardwalks price was really low!).

We had been shopping for a few months and once i settled on the NAH (we also looked hard at the Camry hybrid but it felt and looked like a slug compared to NAH, at least to us) I watched dealer ads alot so when I saw the Boardwalk ad and compared that to what I had been hearing from dealers previously, I knew it was time to act.
    The good thing is once I showed my dealer the Boardwalk ad it took about 2 minutes and they said they would match. However, I really doubt dealers are going to be as hungry again until the end of Q2 if Nissan offers them special $$ for more cars sold(and with this economy, they may give them even more!).

As with everything in life, I think patience is key here and keep shopping/watching dealer ads like a hawk and talking to them.
  • orenforenf Member Posts: 1
    Hey everyone,
    I'm seriously thinking about getting an Altima Hybrid
    the one i want is the Dark Slate color, with the connection package and a moonroof. the MSRP price is around $30,000 I'm looking to lease and will probably buy in new york, how much do you all think the lease will be? do you think i can get it down to around $280 a month for 36 months? thanks
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    I think the little orange light slit is so you can see the center console. I had one in my 05 Maxima. Its like mood lighting.
    I could probably use a little mood lighting, but I'll go with the headlight indicator. Now that occking figured it out and I've confirmed with a little testing, I find myself checking it to see whether my headlights go on/off during the early day or evening. Not exactly at the best location, however.
  • dell06dell06 Member Posts: 7
    Will pick up my new hybrid on the 9 of april in Rsv Calif they gave me 7000 for my audi allroad that was getting 15 mph and needed about 4500 worth work. Goy car with convenience pkg for about 24800 not positive right now on numbers. On the first day of new car one of the keys did not work went in and they told me I had to make a apt to get it reprogram. On the 2nd day of new car I went in to get key reprogram but they found out after 90 min that it was the wrong key and had to get the right key mailed to them it's is now the 18 and I stell don't have a extra key .. On the 3 day the car stoped working in EV mode took it in and all of the sales people look at it and said it dosn't look right. It being a sat now mechanics were not there that day. Left my new car with 156 miles off so they could check it out on mon. They don/t have rental cars there on the weekend so I am out a car tell I can rent one on Monday. On day 4 of new car it is sitting in shop. On day 5 Monday the service tec called me to tell me that the car is not running right. I said I know that is why it is there. He said that there Hybrid mechanic is not in on Mon but on tuesday he will look at it. On Tuesday thay started to look for the problem after 3 hours they said the car stop acting up and they could not find the problem but they would call Nissan and ask them. On wed Niassan said that the connection on the battery pack has come loose on some cars and they replaced it. At 6pm on wed I was able to pick up my new car after 5 days in the shop. The peopl;e at Future Nissan were not to concern about my inconvience. I called th Corperate office and complained to them they took a report and said that a rep will call me in 24 hr. Never got the call back it has been 3 days now. On the Pos side the car seems to be working well now getting 30 mpg so far hop to get better as car gets some miles on it. Will I just wanted to share my story sorry about the spelling. I guess I will be buying the ex warrantie on this car but I will try to get it on line. Can anyone tell me what is a good extended warrante to get and what are they paying for Also what do people think of the mantaince plans some dealers offer. Thanks for letting me rant.
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    I feel you frustration and confusion. Read my previous posts about "Tire Problem" with my altima hybrid. Nissan was terrible. Unlike you, I traded my NAH and will never buy nissan again. The dealership and Corporate Nissan gave horrible service. If you want to know my whole experienc, I can give you my email and we can chat. I learned a lot and it was the worst 6 month car ownership experience I had.
    What a horrible experience with your new car. :mad: Sorry and good to know about the battery problem. Happy to report that in 4 weeks, 1300 miles, everything with my jade/tech/moonroof/leather NAH is perfect. 2nd tank got 35mpg. I'm in California and early morning temps are 40-45 F, days between 60-75 F. Still on tank #3. Have yet to see another NAH, though in No. Bay of CA.
  • doemadoema Member Posts: 5
    greetings all,

i've been reading just about every post in this thread and have learned quite a lot from all of the feedbacks. i'm also in the market for fully loaded 2008 NAH w/tech package and it appears that most of you are able to get your car for well under the invoice pricing. the configuration i'm looking at comes out to $30,794 according to edmunds invoice pricing so under 30k should be possible? i will make my first trip to a rep (who's also a family friend) to see what price he will quote for the config i want.
    what do you guys think about the price quoted here for a NAH with tech package + moon roof? according to edmunds, the price quote of $28,449 is about $2k below invoice.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/657510372.html
  • bitterbuffalobitterbuffalo Member Posts: 6
    Hi all... I currently lease an Infiniti G35 and lease is up in the next couple of months. Couple of questions:
    1) Compare the NAH to the Camry Hybrid to those of you who have test driven it. If you know the Infiniti, compare the NAH to that.
    2) I live in Oregon, so I'd have to go down to Redding (6 hr drive) to get the NAH. I haven't even test driven it, so that makes me feel like a sitting duck to be had by the dealer. Anyone know if I can get around California sales tax since I'm going to have the car in Oregon (where there is no sales tax). That is a $2000+ item
    3) Does anyone know if the federal tax credit ($2350 is what I saw) is still available? If so, I've heard rumors that this phases out with income. If anyone knows about this, I'd love to hear it.
    4) Is the trunk really small? Can I at least fit a couple sets of golf clubs?

Thanks
  • mwnewman2001mwnewman2001 Member Posts: 2
    Picking up my loaded Altima Hybrid in 4 hours. Test drove both the Camry and NAH and was not planning on buying the NAH. Couple of comments:

a) Handling and pickup of NAH was much better on the NAH. So much so it changed our mind almost instantaneously.
    b) Thought the interior of the NAH was more polished and comfortable than the the TCH.
    c) Don't know about the tax credit or california.
    d) The trunk is smaller on the NAH that the TCH. Definitely bring your clubs to the test drive to see.
    Thanks for the info... where are you buying yours?
    Just something to consider when comparing the NAH to TCH. The NAH has a 8yr/100K warranty on the hybrid components while the TCH has 10yr/150K warranty on the hybrid components. Also, reading a lot of reviews, TCH gets better real world mileage than NAH. Lastly, the NAH has the Toyota Hybrid system, whereas the TCH is built with the Toyota hybrid system. In other words, the engine is more in sync with the system then the TCH. Remember when buying a hybrid you want to get the maximum MPG possible. If you are going for performance, gas engines are meant for that. Hope this helps.
    All that makes sense, but really my main issue is that 90% of my driving is 30 mph and under and my Infiniti G35x has been getting about 15mpg on those circumstances. Even only driving 750 miles/month, it equates to about $1000 year in gas savings at 33mpg. I'm not going to quibble about the difference between 33 and 36 mpg, and with the tax credits available on the Altima, it is tempting.

Problem is, I've got to go drive 6 hours to California to go test drive the thing and then I've got to worry about paying CA Sales tax (in Oregon there is no sales tax).

You said "the engine is more in sync with the system then the TCH." The context of your message would indicate that the engine would be more in sync in the TCH than the NAH (e.g. Toyota with Toyota rather than Nissan with Toyota).
    I apologize about the typo, but you know what I mean. My personal experience with the NAH was not good and I traded it in after 14K miles. The MPG was all over the charts with no consistency and I had to change my driving style to get the high MPG's. If I had to buy a hybrid again, it would be the Prius. Its the only true hybrid from ground up.
    guys,

how is this for 2008 NAH + tech package + floor mat + moon roof? thanks.

$10,000 down + $660 x 36 months = $33760 (final cost)
    for a car that's about perfect balance between fuel efficiency and sportiness, i would think NAH is the only game in town, no?
    Doema,
    I would advise you not to let the dealer wrap the price up in a loan. They can tack on more that way. What is the cost of the car? Then discuss finance.

My 2008 NAH was a loaded tech pkg, out the door (8% CA tax, rebate and everything) for $30,037.

Go in and state what you want to pay. Pay at least $2500 under invoice. Let dealers bid for your business, shop them! Be willing to walk away and contact several dealers. End of month and end of quarter are good times. 7 dealers would not take my price, but one did.

good luck!
    redwood2,

good call on the finance tip, i was kind of guessing that's their method to mask additional markups, etc. thanks for the feedback.
    i agree that the NAH is a perfect balance between fuel efficiency and sportiness. If you don't car much about sportiness, the TCH is a better choice.
    In the end its all about driving habits and personal taste.
    A quick comparison; the best price I have seen for a new NAH Base is $24,000 OTD and if you factor in the $2350 rebate, the price becomes $21,650.
    Comparing that to a regular gas engine altima 2.5S automatic, the lowest price I have seen is $19,300 OTD. There is about a $2350 difference in price.
    With gas @ $4.00/gallon you save about $45.71 per 1,000 miles if you get 25MPG overall with the gas engine and 35MPG overall with the NAH. You will recoup the $2350 after 50,000 miles. After 50,000 the differenc will be made up. Thats if gas is $4.00/gallon.
  • langjielangjie Member Posts: 250
    I also think that the seats in a Nissan > Toyota. The Camry doesn't offer much back support and my hips start hurting when I drive a Camry
    Does your state offer an incentive to purchase a hybrid? Mine did. sent me a $1,000 check plus the parts on the hybrid don't wear like a regular Altima. You have to factor that in..plus the discount that my insurance company gave me because I bought a hybrid. With my driving, I figure I make up the difference in two years and have a lot more fun car to drive.
    Yes, Oregon will give me a $1500 credit for the Altima or the Camry. Also the California dealer is willing to deliver the car to me in Oregon so that I don't have to pay sales tax. Any thoughts of how I can test drive one without chugging down to CA? I called Avis (who supposedly rents them) and they see them once in a blue moon in Oregon. Anyone on the post anywhere nearby Portland?
  • jstojsto Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I've been trying to prince a Nissan Altima Hybrid (silver or slate) with connection package at various dealers in NY, NJ and MA. I understand its hard to get connection without moonroof, so these prices include moonroof. The prices I'm getting are a bit above invoice, which is pretty close to what Edmunds says others are paying, which is higher than what others on this site have posted. I tried a couple of internet pricing systems, and it seems all you get is dealers sending you auto-generated emails that say "contact us" or "come in for a test drive". Most of them don't bother contacting you. They tell you the price without destination, or get "confused" between the connection and convenience packages and quote you the wrong price that you find out after you drive 45 minutes to get there. Others give you a great price, but say they can't guarantee it until you come in. I'm not driving 2 hours for a bait and switch! The whole thing seems like an advertising scam. Anyhow, I did manage to get prices out of a few of them on the phone, and this is what I'm getting:

Invoice with moonroof (before rebate) $28,771
    TMV "what others are paying" on edmunds $29,054

Prices I've gotten from dealers (before $1250 rebate):
    $29,355
    $29,500
    $29,430

My local dealership offered $29,250.

Others who posted earlier said they were getting it for 1 or 2K below invoice! Is this a geographical difference? Should I keep looking? Should I bargain harder? Should I wait until late June?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thx
    You might try Signature Nissan in Jamestown, New York. Last time I was there they had an 07, blue with connection package and what I thought was a good deal.
    Boy I got lucky. The NAH doesn't exist in Oregon and I've been dying to test drive. Finally I said, well, I'll go test drive the regular Altima to make sure I like the feel, and whaddya know, the dealer I went to had bought one from a California dealer. Awesome car.

Problem... it was a "manager demo" with 5000 miles on it and I'm pretty sure I don't want that. Also, though it had the moonroof and the techonology package, they wanted 32,888 for it (gratefully reducing the price by $200 because of the manager demo).

Obviously, this is not acceptable and I'll just get it from a CA dealer and take delivery in Oregon to avoid the sales tax. What should I expect on price for the fully loaded NAH? It seems like MSRP is around $33k.
    In my job, I have driven the NAH, the regular Altima 2.5 and the 3.5 Altima and the NAH feels nothing like the 2.5. The feel is closer to the 3.5 because of the extra weight and suspension. I believe the NAH uses the same suspension as the 3.5. It feels and drives more secure on the road than the standard 2.5.