Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Hybrid Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bbrimmerbbrimmer Member Posts: 32
    Have a dealer offer for a 08 NAH base with mats. It has 5500 miles demo so it's considered new and will qualify for tax credit. The dealer is offering it for $23K plus the rebate or 3.9% financing. Feedback?
    I can get a loaded with Tech. Package for $30,400 as well.
    Thanks
  • langjielangjie Member Posts: 250
    You should get them to extend the warranty of it and then it would be a good deal. You are basically getting the same discount as the tech package one, just with 5500 more miles
  • bawaedmubawaedmu Member Posts: 3
    Picked up for 24.5K after .5K Rebate on Saturday Aug 23, 2.35K tax credit expected
    Winter Frost Pearl (White) paint has beautiful lustrous sheen
    Blond interior matches nicely with brown+tan dash+panels & wood finish trims
    Drove back 420 miles to SoCal (home.) Aprox 500 miles so far & more than a quarter tank remaining. Drives like a charm.
    Bottom Line- $1.2K below invoice (w/o tax credit) or 3.5K below invoice with tax credit. This worked out to be about $5K+ lower than comparable Camry Hybrid & no waiting! :D
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    nice grate Price Nice collor it is a grate car did you bye or leese dont think you said in your posting you will love this car for years to come good luck thanks for reading Marco.
    marcogallo1986, thanks for your kind thoughts. So far we are happy with the performance.
    I bought it. Lease is not good because lessees cannot claim federal tax credit of $2,350.
    At first fill-up average came to 34.2 miles per gallon with 80% freeway driving & remaining surface with some hilly ups & downs.
  • kt24kt24 Member Posts: 3
    I am amazed to hear a positive review of this dealership. I tried to follow up on an online application and was repeatedly told they were too busy and then hung up on. This dealer is the complete opposite of what customer service should be.
    My experience of above dealership has been very positive. I made a deal with them through phone/fax. I being 420 miles south, could not get there right away. They held the car for 4 days until I drove up north to drop my son off at CAL. When I reached there, the car was detailed & ready for pick up. They did not even try to sell any extended warranties. Both the sales guys and the finance/document guy I dealt with were very professional and friendly.

Before this I had a very negative experience with Cerritos Nissan around end of June. A salesman agreed to a deal on the phone. I drove to Cerritos from Calabasas on that Saturday. The sales guy was friendly and showed two cars and we picked one & test drove it. He confirmed the deal orally and started with paper-work. Then here comes the sales manager who started with telling me that he only had two base models until September and the best he could do was to give me 500 off MSRP. Of course, I was very angry and walked. Who wants to deal with an unethical & deceptive business?
    sorry about that I am shore YOu said that in your posting that you baught it sorry about that. See using my screan reader missed that. anyway it is a grate car you are getting grate gas milage good luck with it and also I am so glad to hear that that dealer treated you real whell Marco.
  • jkbg8501jkbg8501 Member Posts: 1
    im looking at buying the NAH, but am curious as to what this warming up the electric engine is about.
    is it on cold days only?
    does the remote have a start button so you can warm up the car before you go outside?
    can the oil be changed, etc by a regular tech with no hybrid exp. or should everything be one at a dealer?
    has anyone seen a red NAH?
    has anyone had to replace the electric engine, if so, how much was it?
  • ecr72ecr72 Member Posts: 9
    No, it's not only on cold days. It happens every time you start the car and the coolant is below a certain temp. I wouldn't worry about it. It's good to be aware of what the blue light means and why the engine kicks on when you first start it up but I wouldn't let it effect your buying decision.

No, an oil change does not require a hybrid tech. It's just like any other car on the road. Drain the oil, change the filter, fill it with oil. The filter location is the same as the standard 2.5L Altima. The only difference is that you will need to use the right oil. Many are using 0W-20 Mobile 1 Synthetic that you can get at Walmart. The dealer will charge you a lot for a proper oil change with the synthetic. Your best bet is to do it yourself (keep receipts and notes on mileage). Next best is to bring your own oil to a mechanic. For everything else, it's probably best to stick to the dealer, especially during the warranty period.

Yes, I see a red NAH all the time in my garage. Once in a while I see it from the driver's seat when my wife lets me drive it. :)

I doubt anyone has had to replace the electric engine yet. The car is too new. If they did, it was probably defective and replaced under warranty. Most people are concerned with having to eventually replace the hybrid battery pack, not the actual electric engine.

Good luck in your search.
  • jojolopesjojolopes Member Posts: 8
    I bought a fully loaded 2008 NAH Black interior and exterior and got it for $500 over invoice from Bruce Bennett Nissan. I think that's a good deal for me because I live in northern NJ and all the dealers here would barely budge from MSRP because the fact is, over here people are paying MSRP for them. I went an hour away to western Connecticut. Basically I called, told him what I was willing to pay, he agreed, listed all the fees and final cost, and that was that. Plus they had it on the lot and there was no waiting for shipment and they got it ready for me the same day I called.
  • deweyldeweyl Member Posts: 1
    I brought a 08 NAH Majestic blue exterior and frost interior, with convenience package, it seems like frost only goes with convenience, and moon roof and floor mats for 28779 out the door. At Connell Nissan Costa Mesa California. The msrp was around 28,600 I believe. If you call, Ask for Juan, he'll get you a good deal, no need to haggle. I was offered this price right when I called in.
  • occkingoccking Member Posts: 346
    Boy, Things have really changed since March. I purchased two NAH's then, both for pretty much invoice, less the $1250 rebate at the time. Plus extra's (tires for life, double powertrain warranty, several free oil changes, etc.) Love the car, now have 19,500 miles on mine in 6 months plus one week. Gas mileage has increased now so I average between 34.5 and 36.5, mostly highway driving. Wife's car only has 2500 miles on, much more suburban, stop and go driving & she is averaging 36 to 37, more than mine
    Interesting.... I stopped by Mastria Nissan, Raynham, MA to have my NAH serviced. Had a few moments to see their inventory. Had one loaded 09 NAH with everything, big sign on the windshield (on 09 hybrid in MA!) The list was $34,700, which is $1200 more than the list on identical 08 I purchased last March. Tech package, the whole bit. To make matters "worse" they had another sticker increasing price by $2500 (said something like "market increase" so the list came out to around $37,200.

My salesman wasn't there but real curious to see if they really think they would sell that price for anything close to what they are asking.

Makes me feel pretty good about the two that I purchased last March, each on at approx invoice price, less the at the time $1250 rebate, less 2 x $2350 I will get back from IRS when I file taxes next year.

Plus, when I trade my Subaru Tribeca in on one of the vehicles got a good trade in of $16,000. I could not imagine how much lower that trade in would be today!
  • bbrimmerbbrimmer Member Posts: 32
    Jo, what was your actual price with the $500 above before taxes and how much was the conveyance fee? Thanks
  • jojolopesjojolopes Member Posts: 8
    Invoice was $30,915, so we agreed on $31,415. Conveyance fee was $299. I took the $500 Nissan cash back because the APR I got was 5.74% which made it more worth it to take the cash back(I put $15,000 down on the car). So I guess the price I paid goes back to exactly invoice after the Nissan cash back. Then of course there were the fees like 7% NJ tax, $250 registration fee (4 year registration @ $59 per year) and I got the 6 year warranty for $955.

Also, everyone at the place was very nice and their building is very nice as well. I would go back to them for my next car because it seems they give good deals (at least a lot better than NJ).
    Nice that sounds like a good price good luck with your nissan I no you will love it. Nissans are grate cars. and glad to hear about a grate dealer alot of good nissan dealers out there but menny bad ones also just like any car make out there thanks for reading Marco.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter from a national newspaper would like to speak with consumers who are considering purchasing a hybrid vehicle. If you are in the market, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Friday 9/26.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

thankyou for letting us all no thinking about getting one of those nissan altima hibrids for my mom thanks for reading Marco.
  • aredhelloaredhello Member Posts: 4
    Was offered 29,500 (without destination) for 09 NAH with Convenience and Connection. Thoughts?
    too high! 29,500 is more like the price you'd pay for a tech package. there's a $1000 rebate right now. invoice price for the connection (w/ moonroof, mats, and destination) is 29,216. subtract $1000 rebate and it's about 28,216. aim for somewhere around 28,250

carsdirect.com is your friend
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Here is some food for thought. You can probably get a base NAH with $1000 rebate for around $24.5K. Use this as a benchmark price and add options etc. what state do you live in?
  • themousethemouse Member Posts: 17
    2008 Altime HEV - Radiant Silver, Technology Package, Sunroof, Floor Mats

$30,215 Before Rebate
    $148.50 Tag Fees

Thanks!
    that is not a bad price if you ask me. and nissans are grate cars I am pritty shore you will like the nah alot. what state are you byeing the nah from did you get bids from menny dea.lers from adleast 100 MIles away from your house keep us updated on what you do thanks for reading Marco.
    Thanks for the info. I am on the east coast and have been querying dealers in my state and the two surrounding states. This is the cheapest I have been quoted at this time, with another one being just $100 more and a few just a little more.

I am wondering (and don't expect anyone to have the answer) whether Nissan will bump up the manufacturer rebate in November due to the sour auto sales this quarter. I am in no hurry to purchase, but definately need to by end of year (for tax writeoff purposes, since it will be a business expense for me).

Also, does anyone know whether the dealer can install a wind deflector? I haven't been able to find a 2008 NAH in stock with a wind deflector.... and I like having one.

Thanks!
    I also am on the east coast (near Providence, RI) Bought two NAH's last March. Have 21,000 miles on mine, and only 3000 miles on my wife's car. Both came with wind deflectors. I have had numerous new cars with sunroofs for many years but never one with wind deflectors. I could not live without one! Almost totally eliminates the wind noise (plus, I do a lot of talking on the phone and you can do so with the roof open no problem) The one problem is that you can forget the roof is open and come out following morning with a rather soggy vehicle inside if it rained night before. I am sure any dealer would install one for you.

We got both of our vehicles at slightly less than invoice, less the, at the time $1250 rebate, plus several oil changes free, plus free portable nav for one car (mine was the loaded one with everything) plus large "emergency kits" double powertrain warranty (if vehicle serviced per schedule) plus "tires for life" At the rate I am putting miles my car, that will come in handy.

I stopped by the dealer recently (Mastria, Rayham, MA) they had a few in stock and were asking $2000 over sticker (market adjustment) I really don't know if some sucker will pay that premium or not.

I leave right near E. Providence Nissan & they have two in stock, that have been sitting in the front yard. One loaded with everything, on base model. However, I wouldn't buy a car from those snakes if they offered it to me at half price.

As I said, love both vehicles. On mine averaging between 33 to 36 mpg (mostly highway) For my wife's car, averaging about 36 to 37 (more shorter stuff)

Good luck, on whatever you decide!
    Nissan offers an better warranty in the 8 designated states that it sells the NAH. This warranty pertains to the performance, defect, and high vaultage battery components of the warranty... extending them to 120/180 months and 150k miles.

I am in NJ... but noticed that several dealers in PA (a state outside of the 8 designated states) are selling NAH's and quoting me attractive pricing.

Does anyone know whether the warranty applies to where you purchase the vehicle, or where you register it? In other words, if I purchased the NAH in PA, but registered it in NJ, would this CA PZEV warranty cover me?

Thanks!
    call 1-800-nissan-1

edit
    in the warranty manual it states that the california emission stuff:

**Applies to new hybrid vehicles sold or registered as new in California, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont equipped with a California Certified Emission control system.

so yes, you would be covered
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A large national newspaper would like to speak with consumers who have purchased a hybrid within the past year or two. If you have a hybrid, please respond to jwahl@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information and what hybrid vehicle you own no later than October 30.
  • aredhelloaredhello Member Posts: 4
    What I'm seeing on Edmunds is that the invoice for 2009 NAH with Convenience, Connection, Moonroof, and destination is $30,225. Where are you getting $29,216 from? Is that for 2008 NAH?

A dealer in Rhode Island came in at $29,250 (including the $500 rebate deal that was running at the time) but I ended up taking it less the rebate at $29,750 because I had to make a last minute financing switch and take the Nissan financing (thus taking away the rebate). It came with mats and wheel locks. I feel pretty good about the price. And I found a small scratch on the door, so they did their best to buff it out (mostly gone), sent me a $200 check and threw in 3 free oil changes (with premium synthetic for the NAH, those run at $90 a pop at this particular dealership).
    i was looking at the 2008, the invoice price was 29216 according to carsdirect at the time
  • jholujholu Member Posts: 2
    2008 NAH ,
    Tech Package , Moon roof

$29600 + $300 document fees
    around Boston Area
    jholu, Does this include the rebates incentives offered by Nissan?
  • jholujholu Member Posts: 2
    yes
    Hey the Mouse thanks for responding to my posting. SOrry I did not get back to you alot sooner. Now to answer your questians I am not shore if Nissan will offer up a bigger rebate for November I no they have sum 0 persent finansing from november first till jan first and loo leese rates look on Nissan usa.com. what ws the price that dealer was quoting you the one with the looest price. and Yes I think what ever dealer you get the car from should instole a wind deflector for free with no problems. what color Nah are you looking to get Hope I was able to help you out thankyou so mutch for reading and have a verry good day Marco.
  • venice27venice27 Member Posts: 1
    I am planning to buy a fully loaded (except wind deflector) '09 NAH. MSRP is $34,875, Invoice is $32,180. I received a written quote from the Fleet / Internet Dept at $31,180, or $1,000 below invoice.

From my research, it appears to be a great deal, I'm just taken back that I would be offered this over the phone (written offer emailed) with no haggling. They will also deliver the car and paperwork to my house at no charge and my wife got a $50 gas card for showing up at the dealer just to look at colors!

Is the car industry hurting that bad, or should I be trying to get a better deal by talking to another dealer???
  • ecr72ecr72 Member Posts: 9
    There's a $500 rebate available. I would expect the price to include that so it's like getting the car for $500 under invoice.

Yes, dealers are hurting right now. You can usually squeeze them a bit more from whatever their initial offer is, even the fleet/internet guys have room to work. My first offer was for over invoice and I got my 08 NAH for less than invoice. Don't know the exact numbers on top of my head.

Good luck.
    I think that's a great deal. Whenever you get a car for about invoice price (when you add all the rebates), I feel you are getting a good deal. The fact you're getting it for under invoice makes it a great deal
  • drghoshdrghosh Member Posts: 2
    Hi Everyone! I've been reading this site and forum for a while now and have found the information to be very useful.

I have a question about a current buying experience I am having with the Nissan Altima Hybrid 08.

I have located and negotiated a dealer down to 28500 on a 08 NAH w/ Tech Package, Sunroof, and Mats. This includes the $1000 rebate, but does not include the $149 title fee and tax. The pricing seems good and I have a written quote, but the part that concerns me is this. I saw that it had just above 350 miles on it and when I asked why, the dealer said they had bought the car in from the next state over. This triggered me to run a carfax report. The carfax supports what the dealer mentioned up to the specific town. But I also saw that there was service to the vehicle on October 15...3 months after the car went on sale. I asked the dealer about this and they said that they had to fix up a small scratch that occured on the floor or during a test drive. What do you guys think of this? The car is being sold as new, and has never had a title on it. Thanks!

07/08/2008 6mi
    Vehicle serviced
    Wheel locks installed
    Pre-delivery inspection completed
    Emissions inspection completed

07/24/2008 10
    Vehicle offered for sale

10/15/2008 11
    Vehicle serviced
  • mas9mas9 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    We were offered a price for an '09 NAH of $29,500 including the convenience, connection and moonroof packages. We would pay license plate fees and taxes. We live in the New York area. Is that a good price?
    Thanks.
    "The car is being sold as new, and has never had a title on it."

that is really the same thing. even if a car is drive 10,000 miles and never had a title, it's still considered "new".

as for advice, I assume you have test driven the car. the mileage isn't a big deal, but if you are concerned about the service, you can always ask them to write a statement that the car has never been in an accident just to cover you @$$. if you get that written statement, I would have no problems buying that car since you are getting a good price.
  • drghoshdrghosh Member Posts: 2
    I test drove another altima hybrid at this dealer, but after I left, I decided that I would like the tech package.... but haven't gone back yet because this particular dealer is 150 miles away... so I haven't test drove this specific car yet, but will do so before I make the buy. If it drives any different than the other one I tested, I know that would be a problem.
  • krishreddykrishreddy Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,

I wanted to buy a NAH with the options: Connection, Tech and Convinience pkgs. This I can get through the Nissan Vehicle Purchase Program for Nissan Business Associates, which my employer is.

The price for 2009 NAH with the options I listed above, using the formula that Nissan gives out, comes to about $30,600.00 including destination, without tax and title, including the $500.00 incentive.

Edmunds show the invoice price for this configuration as $31,222 and the "What others are paying price" as $33,245.

At the first blush, the price I'm getting through VPP ($30,600) seems pretty good. What do you folks think? I'm in the SF Bay Area.

thanks,
    Krish
    $30,600 is an outstanding price for a NAH with tech package. It would be very hard to do much better than that and you save yourself the headache of negotiating
    that is a grate price for a nah with the configaration that you are getting I shorely would go for it. Nissan makes grate cars thanks for reading my posting marco.
  • seakayakerseakayaker Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 NAH w/ 6800mi. I live in Maine w/ fair amt of snow. Car has Contis, P215/60 R16 94T, M.S BUT, on Nissans help forum, I can't find one good thing about Contis on Nissans. Any suggestions for snow tires? Thanks.
  • mags49mags49 Member Posts: 9
    Where is everyone? No posts for nearly 2 months?
    I am back to my car search after many-month hiatus. Have offer from Tracy, CA, for NAH Connection packgage w/ sunroof: "MSRP is $32,875; YOUR PRICE WILL BE $29,045 + FEES AFTER REBATE +TAX LIC AND DOC CA TIRE FEE."
    This sounds "average". Can a better deal be had? Thanks.
    You are right, everyone on this message board seems to have disappeared!

I have two 08 NAH's. My wifes will be one year old March 7 (has 6000 miles) and mine will be one year March 12 (presently have 34000 miles)

So far, quite pleased with both of them, gas mpg as advertised, except in cold weather can drop to around 30.

Not sure what the present rebates are, but I though over $1000 for the hybrid, plus the 09's are already out there. This doesn't seem like a really great deal considering how bad things are at this time, would seem as though you could do0 much better.

Good luck!!!

Steve
  • daninoahdaninoah Member Posts: 45
    I bet you could squeeze a little more out of them. I was offered 30K for tech, connection, convenience and moonroof package. The sticker was north of 34k. And I could have done better but decided to keep looking. I have now ordered a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid. I got a better price than for the similarly equipped NAH, plus it seems a superior car in most regards, especially the drive train and navi system.

Just my .02.
    I may still post on occasion, but after one year with two NAH's I got rid of mine and traded for 09 Subaru Forester. I had 34k on my trade and was very pleased with the vehicle. Just wanted something with a little more room, AWD, reasonable gas mileage, etc., etc.

My wife still has hers with only 6000 miles on it, so we will have it for some time..

I kept a log of mpg since I purchased the vehicle and when I have some time will ad everything up & come up with actual mpg for the time I had the car, but I estimate it will be between 32 33 mpg. Only issue I had with mine was rubber molding on driver side door had to be replaced (probably because several times I shut the door and the seat belt had not retracted fully & got caught in the door) The car was ver fast and I will miss the get up and go it had. Much faster than the Forester. I am not a real aggressive driver but like to know the power is there when I need it. The NAH certainly had it.