Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln LS 02 with bad O2 sensor

02lsowner02lsowner Member Posts: 2
The diagnostics tells me which sensor is bad...but for the life of me I can't see it to change it. Can it be found from above, or do you have to be under the car to see it?

Comments

• ksig419ksig419 Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2001 lincon ls with a bad o2 sensor and it says that it is bank 1 am asuming that it is near the catalytic converter just out of currosity I was wondering how much does the average dealership charge to replace it and if it is a diy kinda job I am handy with cars but never worked on a lincon before. I dont have much time to throughout the day to work on stuff due to my work so I am hoping that it is an easy job otherwise dealership here I come.
  • 02lsowner02lsowner Member Posts: 2
    I went to the local dealership and they were very helpful. Printed out a schematic that showed where it was. There are four on the '02, one on each side before the converter and after. I've had one changed before on another car and paid through the nose. This one cost $43 and once I found it took 5 minutes to change.
  • qvohuertaqvohuerta Member Posts: 3
    just happend the other day it wont go into 4th gear but it gets 1,2,3,and 5th what could be wrong does any body knows whats the problem is thanks i got around 125,000 miles on it time for a transsmision flush?
  • jervsjervs Member Posts: 1
    I also have a 2001 lincoln ls. The O2 sensor went, Bank 1, Sensor 2. The dealer charged me $139.95 for the "Electric Engine Analysis", $70.82 for the sensor itself, and $110.00 of labor to replace the sensor. Total was $342.70 which included the $4.43 of sales tax and $17.50 of "Materials". What a joke, but I guess the joke it really on me.

I looked this up online, unfortunately after the fact. Had I know it was a sensor and which one, I could have easily done this myself. Rock Auto sells the sensors for between $30-$50. I read online that it is a 30 minute job once the car is jacked up.

Long story short, DIY or bring it to mechanic down the street, but do NOT bring it to the dealer!