Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jaguar XK-Series Lease Questions

2»

Comments

• ttjpathfinderttjpathfinder Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    What is an acceptable:

Capitalized cost
    Lease (money) factor :
    Reisdual Value:
    10K a year miles

For a new 2010 XKR convertible
    I will pay cash for taxes , tire warranty through f& I

WHat is consdiered to be a good deal on capitalized cost?
    Thanks
    TTJ
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    No problem don_gio.

According to the latest information that I have seen, Chase's current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 JKR Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00171 and 50%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're welcome, jsd39. Good question. By zero down I meant no capitalized cost reduction. You still would have to pay your car's first month's payment, security deposit, acquisition fee, and any other state taxes or fees at signing.

Chase's residual values for leases with 15,000 miles per year are 2% lower than its 12k residuals.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man:

I am looking to lease a 2010 xk convertible. 12k miles/year x 30 mos or 36 months. What should I expect to pay on a lease? I'm looking to do this, mid April.
    Thank you in advance.
    Hi papawinterzzz. Jaguar's April lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 XK8 Convertible with 12,000 miles per year are .00099 and 48%, respectively.

I would be happy to use this lease program to work up a sample payment for you if you provide me with the full MSRP and approximate selling price of the exact car that you are interested in. You can look up the pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • drpopdrpop Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

I just drove the 2011 XKR convertible and coupe and am trying to decide if I want to get out of my 2008 M5 for a completely different make and model. Love the new supercharged engine!

Could you please help me figure out what reasonable LRF and payment would be on the following?
    $102,000 sticker price (conv)
    $96,000 sticker price (coupe)
    36 month lease

I will put down what is necessary but understand as little out of pocket is best with a lease.

The salesman was showing me somewhere around .0031 (if I remember correctly) on the convertible and somewhere around .0033 on the coupe. Those seemed high to me but we are in the beginning phases of the negotiation and I realize the rates vary between models. He also mentioned using tax credits for the entire selling price to get the payment down a few hundred dollars.

Any advice and numbers would be greatly appreciated!

Dr. Pop
  • Hi Dr. Pop. The prices that you mentioned for these cars appear to be for base models without any options. I would be happy to work up a couple of sample lease payments on them using Jaguar's actual current lease program for you, but they would be more accurate if you were to provide me with the full MSRPs and approximate selling prices of these cars exactly as you want them equipped first. You can find the pricing data that you need over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

If I was in the market for an XK right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $1,000 over dealer invoice and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
  • drpopdrpop Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Thanks for the reply. Those were actually the sticker prices on each car as I drove them. They come pretty well loaded. I may add the speed package which adds $5000 to either car taking them to $101k and $107k respectively. The guy dropped to $98k on the $102k sticker convertible, and $93k on the $96k coupe. I think there is more room for him but I needed a starting point.

Any numbers you can provide would be awesome!

Thanks again
  • boylaboyla Posts: 11
    Hello, Car_man

I am looking into leasing 2011 xk conv
    I got quoted for $999 + tax / month for 36 months with $5k total drive off I am in california

MSRP: $89875

I am not sure if this is a good deal or not since he did not mention about selling price and money factor. Is this a good deal? What would be selling price that I should aim at? and do you have money factor for 2011 xk conv for 36 or 42 months? Thank you
  • boylaboyla Posts: 11
    It is 10k miles / year btw Thank you
  • Hi there, quiet forum lately... almost a year between posts! quick question on LRF and residuals...

What do they look like for the XKR @ 36 mos w/ 12k mileage? Is 36 the sweet spot for jag normally? or 30? 42? Appreciate any thoughts or feedback car_man, thanks!!
  • Hi boyla. It would be much easier to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide us with a selling price for this car. Consumers should always find out how much the dealer is charging them for the vehicle that they want.

Let's see if we can play with some numbers for come up with an approximate selling price for this car. It's a little difficult though because I don't know how much of the five grand that's due at signing is a capitalized cost reduction. It looks to me as though we're talking about a $12,000 discount on this car if the money that's due at signing includes a $3,000 cap cost reduction. That's a big discount. If we subtract the $4,200 cash incentive that Jaguar is providing on leases of this car from that, you're looking at a $7,800 dealer discount. That probably puts you at right around dealer invoice. If so, then this is a very good deal for this car.

Again I had to make a number of assumptions here because you didn't have the selling price. If you let us know what the selling price is, we can be more precise.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi don_gio. According to the latest information that I have seen, Chase's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XKR Convertible with 12000 miles per year are .00144 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00001 and 45%.

The payments would probably be lower for longer terms.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $2,400 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of the 2011 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • samytsamyt Posts: 2
    Any clue on what the latest Chase (Jaguar) Money factor and residual values are on a 2013 Jaguar XKR Coupe.

The dealer is offering me some crazy figures (0.0030 and 45%) while I am in the top tier credit category (he didn't even ask me).

Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Hi samyt. Chase's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 XKR Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00017 and 48% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

That sort of outrageous money factor would only apply for an unsupported vehicle like the XKR-S.

Car_man
    Host
  • samytsamyt Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man.....thanks a lot for the info.
    I am actually planning for a 42 month lease...do you happen to know the rate?
    This for a 2013 XKR (not XKR-S)...

The sales guy send me the following info:
    The purchase price is $103,500
    Term is 42 months
    Residual value is $52,150
    Money factor is .00030

He didn't even asked if I had a good credit!

Thanks a lot
  • jfertljfertl Posts: 8
    Does anyone have the June 2013 money factor and residual for a 2013 XK convertible. Also, is there still $3,000 cash coming to the dealer?
    Hi jfertl. Chase's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 XK Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00014 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There's some cash out there to get consumers out of their current leases and into an XK that would be around three grand, but no straight three thousand dollar cash incentive on leases of this car. Jag is waiving the first month's payment though.

Car_man
    Host
  • jfertljfertl Posts: 8
    Thank you, Car man. Does the residual go up 1 or 2% if you drop the mileage to 12,000.?
    Excellent question jfertl. Unlike most banks which bump vehicles' residual values 2% for leases with 12,000 miles per year, Chase (which Jag runs all of its special leases through) only offers a 1% increase for lowering the mileage allowance from 15k to 12k.

Car_man
    Host
2»