Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

4.5L V8 Duramax diesel for 2010 1/2-ton GM trucks

rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
edited April 2014 in Chevrolet
GM today announced news about their upcoming new Duramac diesel for their 2010 1/2-ton trucks and Hummer H2.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/2935

Bob

Comments

• rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    I wonder if a even more powerful version will be available for the Denali trim Sierra/Yukon ?????
  • duramaxjunkieduramaxjunkie Member Posts: 1
    Hopefully they offer it in the sierra because we all know that the sierra is the gem of the GM truck line. Even if they do not offer a more powerful version the look of the sierra is so much better than the silverado anyways. I wonder how long after the debut will there be some aftermarket parts available for chevy and GMC i.e. exhaust, intake, and headers?
  • bigmclargehugebigmclargehuge Member Posts: 377
    Headers don't typically come as part of the diesel upgrade package. I'm sure it could be done, but they would need to be much stronger and better insulating than gasoline-V8 headers. Turbo-back exhaust and intake are always big improvements.

IMHO, this is so better way to go than hybrid trucks and large SUVs.
  • phil53phil53 Member Posts: 54
    I wonder how the mileage will compare to the hybrid? The torque is obviously higher. And I suspect it will not have that lower air dam that restricts activity off-road. But, where I live, diesel is about 15 cents/gallon more expensive than regular gas. 25% better mileage should put it in the 15 - 21 mpg range.
This discussion has been closed.