Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

94,95 Impala SS KBB value vs collectors value?

dpowell_eaudpowell_eau Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
My dad was an Impala SS collector and had 1ea of the 94-96 Impala SS's. He recently passed away and my mom wants to sell a couple of them so I'm helping her out. I've looked at the blue book value on them and was wondering if they have any collector value beyond that. I wasn't sure if there are people out there specifically looking for these and where to find them.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,669
    See what similar mileage ones go for (max bid on completed items) on Ebay.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Yep eBay is one way to get an idea.

I think they are worth a bit more than what KBB is saying but actually the 1996 model is worth the most, which you don't have (more desirable options in '96, including the console floor shifter, which everyone wants).

I'd say for a really low miles stunning 94-95 you might grab $18,000 or so and for a '96 beauty in the low 20Ks.

This car is SO GM..."let's build a popular car and then when we just get it right, let's discontinue it".
  • dpowell_eaudpowell_eau Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. I think the 95 has 86k miles on it. the 94 has less. She does have a 96' in mint condition with all the options and only 20k miles on it. That one she is keeping. :D
    Well those sound well-used so she shouldn't compare the value to the low miles '96---two completely different animals in the eyes of buyers...night and day really.
  • lmbjlmbj Member Posts: 9
    dp....I'm looking to buy a 94 ss so if you have come up with a price let me know....thanks Larry [email protected]...
    Sorry I had to remove your phone #. You shouldn't post that publicly or you'll get spammed to death. E-mail the other member privately, okay?

MrShiftright
    Host
    Sorry about that Mr Shiftright, but thanks for looking out for me....How to you go about emailing the other member privately? I can't locate his email address. thanks
    Just click on his highlighted user name or ask him to e-mail you--it looks like your e-mail address is accessible by clicking on your user name.
    Joe, I read your profile....you have done alot....go goings....I still find no profile to speak of for dpowell...I have left my email here on this post for him to contact me....(maybe as a Host you can pass on my message)thanks again Larry in Northern Ca....
    Okay Larry I have passed your e-mail to him via e-mail.

Shifty
    Shifty....thank you...
    dppowell.........still waiting to here from you...larry [email protected]
    dpowell....where did you go? Larry
    Shifty, I done everything you requested in an attempt to contact dpowell, and I know you forwarded my message but I haven't heard a word from him, I am truly interested in his 94 ss can you maybe forward a message again, or do I just give-up? thanks Larry
    He hasn't been back since his last post, so it might be a dead end. Or maybe his e-mail is just a secondary account that he used to register here. Dunno what to tell you.

But there are plenty of these cars for sale, so I'd just keep searching if I were you.
    Thanks....Shift...I look around...
    Sorry...I'll ask him again for you. What the hell.
    Shift....Thanks for all the help...found a very clean low mile 94....thanks again Larry..price was very right too!
  • hbronco96hbronco96 Member Posts: 3
    i have a 95 impala ss it has 21000 miles on it this thing is mint it was garage kept until recent (maybe 3 months) i am trying to sell it but no one is responding i was asking $21,000 now i have it down to $16,200. what is the going rate for a car like this?
    Well if miles are provable and it is truly "mint" you might get $16.2K.

Probably the problem is that it isn't a '96 with the console shifter--that's worth $3K-$4K right there.

If you can stand the pain, you could go as low as $12.5K (KBB says $13.1K) which is really what a clean driver '95 sells for. I don't know if people will pay you extra for the low miles and mint condition. One would think so but the collector car market is cooling off rapidly here in the States. Most of the sales are going to Europe.

Where are you advertising? That could also be a problem.
    craigslist. should i get a carfax report? if so,just get the one report and copy it for people to see? sorry took so long to reply i forgot about it to be honest. i really need to sell this car but dont want to spend the money for advertising. I guess i will sell it for about 13 or so and see if i get any bites. any ideas what i could do to get the most for it and what should i ask for????
    Well you are going to HAVE to spend money on advertising. This car is not going to sell very well off craigslist. Your best bets are Hemmings Motor News, which will cost you about $12 for a month, and www.autotrader.com, which gives you an unlimited ad and photos (until the car sells) for $69.

The market is very weak right now, so you'll have to price it competitively. Just remember that a '95 is worth about $3,000 less than a '96
    and what is a 96 worth with this kind of mileage? and what about the carfax report? how does that work and should i get it?
This discussion has been closed.