Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Acadia

2»

Comments

• You are correct that if the factory DVD system is playing back a DVD, you cannot listen to a CD as the factory system is a single disc player and shares the DVD and CD slot. You CAN listen to radio, XM, or Ipod in Aux input.
  • Could anyone tell me if the new 2008 SLE carbon metallic black is REALLY Metallic BLACK or a gunmetal gray/black? Also on the Titanium Interior, is the carpet black or is it light or medium gray? I can't seem to get this answer from the dealership and you can't tell very good from pictures on the net. Thanks!
  • I would describe it a charcoal or carbon black metallic. There is no notable gunmetal gray in it. If you have ever seen the 2007 Carbon metallic, the 2008 Carbon Black metallic is more black.
    On the 2008's, the carpet is light titanium (gray) throughout. The 2007's had black carpet with the titanium interior, but not the 2008's.
  • That's the problem...I have never seen this color on the 2007 or 2008. Guess I could see if the dealer could get a sample color, the brochures just don't do it justice either. Glad to hear about the 2008 gray carpet, was NOT wanting black carpet!
  • Just curious...where do you live that you have not been able to see one in that color? I'll be there are 25-30 here where I live in metro Atlanta alone. It's a great looking color -
  • I wish I could see just 1 of those 30! Try living in North Central Kansas where there are 3 driving around, 2 of them in Liquid Silver and 1 in White. Have been to other dealers up to 250 miles and have yet to see a black one! I'm close to ordering one but really want it to be Black/Black.
  • There is a Black one with the light grey interior in Chanute, KS, near where I live.
  • I have a 07 Acadia. Has anyone found an aftermarket fix which will allow you to access the navigation functions while driving? Most of the options turn off above 5 MPH which has been pretty frustrating. I also received a Nav Disc dated 2005 GM # 10396714, I know there is a 2008 avail through GM. I thought the vehicle came with the most up to date disc. Any one out there have similiar issues?
  • nxs138nxs138 Posts: 481
    There is an aftermarket fix, and there are new discs that came in. This was discussed at length in another forum.

Click here for NAV discs discussion (sticky at top of thread)

Click here for lockpick discussion (unlocking the NAV system while driving)
  • I'm considering leasing an Acadia when my current lease is up in December. The dealers here have everything loaded on the vehicle including things I don't necessarily want such as a sunroof.

Can I custom-order an Acadia and then lease it?
  • yes, you can unlock all of the navigation items when the car is moving. Check out the acadia forum link and look at the posts from Sept 25 with pics of how to install and where to buy.
    http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=197.0
  • Yes, some dealers may say other wise but bottom line is they want to sell cars. Doesn't matter if it is leaser or purchase. If one dealer frowns, another will welcome you with open arms.
  • hardhawkhardhawk Posts: 702
    The only trap you have to watch out for is that the lease programs change at least once per month, so the program in place when you order may very well be different than the lease program that is in effect when the car actually arrives at the dealership. The danger is that if you custom order the car and the lease program is not what you want when it arrives, then what do you do? If it is a popular model, then the dealer will likely let you out of the committment to lease. If not, you could be stuck. In my recent lease shopping, I found that deals can vary from one month to the next to the tune of several hundred dollars per month in lease payments. The dealers are just as confounded by the ever changing deals as the consumers are. In September, the deals changed on a weekly basis for one model I was looking at! I ran out of time trying to find the car I wanted and now the same car is well over $200 per month more to lease. Very frustrating to say the least.
  • hotch41hotch41 Posts: 61
    I'm on the verge of buying my first domestic vehicle and it's between the Acadia and Enclave. I've driven both and I'm impressed that the Buick has the 4yr/50K warranty vs. the GMC's 3yr/36k warranty. My question is, and I've done so much research, and it seems like most of the reviews favor the Buick Enclave for it's fit and finish, are there any major difference in build quality between the two? Also my insurance would be very slightly lower with Enclave vs. Acadia. For example, I did see a Carbon Flash (Black) at a dealer and the hood didn't appear flush with the grille. It may seem petty, but if one is considering a $44K vehicle you'd like to see fit and finish as first-rate as possible. I really don't want to purchase an extended bumper-to-bumper warranty but may need to for peace of mind. Have any of you bought one? Any feedback would be appreciated. This next vehicle has to last me for many years!
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Posts: 839
    Look for discounted warranties. gmoutlet dot com is one GM dealer that sells discounted GMPP service plans. They have a listing that show the cost and retail on the different plans. One benefit in most cases, if you buy the plan from an out of state dealer, then you can avoid paying sales tax. The Envlace looks to be a little less for the extended GMPP warranty, I guess due to the longer original factory warranty. You can go up to at least 72 months and 100K miles for the GMPP...maybe even a little more. A note on their pricing page indicates that the coverage starts on the day and mileage purchased, not the original in service date. So, if you wait and purchase a 72 month 100K package after 10 months and 10K miles, you are covered until month 82 and/or 110K miles.

The Saturn Outlook is the least expensive base model. Then the Acadia and next the Enclave. Pricing seems to be about the same for the 3 equiped the same. So, Buick is competitive once you get past the base models. The Enclave does come with a longer warranty and I think it has more sound proofing and is said to be quiter.
  • We are looking at buying a 2008 Acadia very soon. I have a few questions. First of all as far as colors I really like the Red Jewel Tintcoat and am very curious about the new Dark Crimson Metallic. Has anyone seen these in person? All of the ones here seem to be in white or silver. I am leaning towards silver just to be safe because I have seen it. But I would love to have a different color.

Also does anyone have the console for the second row? I was just wondering if it is removable for when you need the room to haul bigger items.
    Thanks in advance. I am so excited because it seems like such a nice vehicle. I currently own a 2003 Trailblazer.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,907
    A reporter seeks to talk with intended owners of the 2007 or 2008 GMC Acadia who are also parents. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, November 15, 2007 and include your city and state of residence as well as the age of your child/ren.

Thanks for your consideration,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds Inc.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• ymchnymchn Posts: 5
    Just bought a 2008 SLE and today I found a square piece of the floor between the 1st and 2nd rows (left side, right in front of the bench seat) is actually hollow and covered by a carpet like material. All other part of the floor is hard plastic. So when I step on this square part, I feel the floor is soft. Does anyone know what this is? Is there anything hidden under the floor?
  • My red jewel tintcoat Acadia is beautiful in that the red color turns to a different brighter shade when hit by bright sunshine, as opposed to little or no sun. The dark crimson metallic is also a hot color (I must say more unique than my red one). They're both excellent choices, and you can't go wrong w/ either one.

I was gonna get the 2nd console but found that it hinders legroom for the 3rd row pax sitting in the middle...if this is not an issue, it might be something to consider.

I did trade in my German vehicle for the Acadia...the former had several reliability issues and am very satisfied with my GMC.
  • I'm trying to decide between an 08 Acadia or a Mazda CX-9. I've test driven both and enjoy the ride of both (although the Mazda has slightly better acceleration).

My concern with the Acadia after reading this forum is the seemingly high number of problems people have been having with the Acadia (temperature sensors, transmissions, engine problems, etc.). I really would like to think that Americans are still capable of making high quality vehicles and competing in the global economy but I am thinking that maybe I'd be better off buying the Mazda (which is majority owned by Ford anyway). Another motivating factor is GM's refusal to offer any sort of enticing incentive on the Acadia. Mazda is offering reduced financing and all I can get from GM is a paltry $500 rebate.

Any one interested in trying to convince me that the Acadia is the better choice?
  • donl1donl1 Posts: 109
    I've had my Acadia since April 07' with zero problems. It's been to the shop for the transmission reflash (which did indeed make it much better) and the recall on the propeller bolts. Never looked at the Maxda. Only have 17K on my AWD Acadia but it's been trouble free...exactly what you'd expect when buying a new vehicle...it's my first GMC.
  • I am a former owner of a 2008 Acadia. Bought it new, traded it at 23,000 miles and took at bath on the trade. Bought an import, no problems at all with new Murano. But, I loved the look of the Acadia, the interior room, the way it handled on snow in ice was unmatched. Each year, I read the messages posted with problems and I see they have not been resolved or more problems are found. I had mine 2.5 years..low mileage because I hardly dared to take it out of town. GMC has a beautiful vehicle, the 2011 Denali is even more appealing. But when there is nothing reliable under the hood, when sunroofs leak, and all the other problems that occur with these vehicles, it is like owning a pretty house with absolutely no furniture and who would do that or want that. GM needs to get some new engineers that know how to build and engine and drive train from front to back. And because of my experience with my Acadia, I will never have another car with a sunroof. I had previously owned a Grand Prix GTP loaded for 6 years. I had no leak in that sunroof, ever, so I know they can be made reliably. Does GM not care. I went as far to the top as I could get with my problems with my car and got nothing. I decided to cut my losses, which was nearly $20,000 of depreciation in a 2.5 year period with only $23,000 miles on it. That is some drastic depreciation. I would urge people who are checking out the Acadia before purchase to look at the problems people have posted, look at how well they don't hold their value, and make their decisions accordingly. In my state, the lemon law is so soft, I had no recourse. Some states take this serious and act aggressively. Check to see what the lemon law is in your state. These vehicles aren't cheap. They cost a good amount of money and when they are showing problems right out of the gate, that is not a good sign. Use your Better Business Bureau also. They handle mediation. I would have gone that way, but I simply didn't have time. I left a complaint, but mediation is something that takes a while. I needed to travel asap. Every once in a while, I see an Acadia that looks like mine and I feel bad, because it was good in functionality--could take all my grand kids on a ride, while they watched the DVD. You have the look down, GMC, now put something reliable under the hood!
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Posts: 839
    Just got a note from the GMC Professionals. Looks as if the Acadia has a new design for 2013. From this link I really can not tell alot about it, but here it is anyway

http://www.gmc.com/2013-acadia-crossover-vehicle.html?evar36=eml_gmc_enews_hr_01- 12_vehicle

Bill (satisfied owner of a 2008 Saturn Outlook XR)
  • dts2dts2 Posts: 1
    Anyone find a good alternative to the overpriced GMC crossbars for the Acadia....$195 is too pricey and it appears there are alternatives for $50+......thanks for your help
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,322
    Saw a nice red Acadia last week while giving a woman directions. She said she loved the ride.

More new car shoppers are discovering Acadia’s purposeful engineering. October sales for Acadia were the best for that month since 2007, the model’s first year on the market. And through the first 10 months of 2012, Acadia is on track for its best sales year ever.

According to auto shopping site Edmunds.com, Acadia “offers a winning combination of comfort, features, cargo space and performance in a utility-style package.” The 2012 Acadia won Edmunds’ “Best Retained Value” award for SUVs between $35,000 and $45,000, as well as a 2012 ALG Residual Value Award in the full-size utility segment."

2013 Acadia comes armed for an army of elbows</a (washingtontimes.com)

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

2»