Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Toyota 4Runner redesign

Comments

• kansashickkansashick Member Posts: 39
    I have had my 2010 Limited for two weeks now. Most of my driving is to and from work, a short two miles, but I have also done a few trips to the airport, 40 miles. This is my first 4Runner but I did test drive the 2008 V8 Limited and ordered one but Toyota would not sell me one with the Xreas suspension for some EPA reason that I never understood. So, here goes:

The car is MUCH slower than the Jeep Overland 4.7 HO that I previously drove. It also feels slower than the V8 that I test drove. That said, it is not a dog and on the highway seems completely adequate (My other car is an S63 AMG, so I know fast). It is a little slow off the line until you realize that the accelerator has to be pushed very hard to floor the thing -- it has a lot of resistance. I suppose this is the nanny state thing.

I find the car very comfortable, much more so than the Jeep or the previous generation 4Runner. It rides smooth and corners quite well for a 5000 lb vehicle. It is also a very quite truck. The brakes are a little disappointing, there is an upgrade on the options list but my dealer could not get it in my truck.

I am getting poor mileage but I suspect that part of this is that I warm up the car for ten minutes prior to my five minute drive to the office.

All in all, I like this truck. In the LTD dress, it is civilized enough for day to day use and, I am sure, will do quite well on my friends' farms during hunting season.
  • stateofmainestateofmaine Member Posts: 30
    what brake upgrade option exactly? do you mean the TRD brake pads?

your story about how Toyota "would not sell you" the 2008 Limited V8 because of the XREAS suspension sounds super-sketchy—after all, your 2010 has the XREAS suspension!!!!
  • kansashickkansashick Member Posts: 39
    I do mean the TRD pads.

The problem with the v8 with XREAS had something to do with fleet mileage. I ordered the 2008 in about May and found out in July that Toyota could not make any more XREAS equipped 4Runners for that model year. I am just reporting what happened.
  • xc90508xc90508 Member Posts: 26
    I haven't been out to the dealer to look at the 2010 yet... How is the front leg room compared to the 2009? I passed on the 2009 as my knees were up against the dash below the steering wheel. I'm 6 ft. 3 in. Found the same in the Highlander. The Tacoma felt okay but the brakes seemed kind of mushy when pushing on the pedal. Not that it didn't stop, just seemed like a lot of travel. How is the 2010?

Thanks.
  • stateofmainestateofmaine Member Posts: 30
    oh, i see. that's really weird. i mean, the new 2010 Limiteds come with the XREAS suspension… just doesn't make any sense.

and to clarify, i thought Toyota's story seemed sketchy, not yours! my apologies if that wasn't clear.
  • bigb04bbigb04b Member Posts: 2
    I am 6'2" and had plenty of leg room. Additionally, the horizontal slope of the front windshield makes the cab seem visually much bigger too compared to the '09. It was kinda odd at first to sit in and see the window slope. Overall, roomy all around for me.
  • yassyyassy Member Posts: 70
    the brakes on the new 4R are 4 pistons on front, identical to the new Lexus GX460.

Changing the brake pads MAY not enhance stopping power so you know. The racing pads are designed to be driven and warmed up before they have stopping power, you dont want that on streets. I am not sure why TOY offer TRD junk line of products. Did you see anyone on the FAST and Furious sporting TRD? No!
  • bluetick25bluetick25 Member Posts: 2
    Yes
  • pjc1pjc1 Member Posts: 72
    My first 500 miles the MPG was poor (about 14.5 combined) when I got around 1,000 miles my combined shot up to mid 17's and highway was close to 20... needs break in...I am also using premium as I have found it perfroms better....

P
  • luke150luke150 Member Posts: 16
    Nearly 2000mi. and gas mileage continues to improve. 21.3mpg 50/50 calculated.No issues so far, tows my 4000lb boat much better than my Honda Pilot. Ride has softened a little bit.
  • fxoffroadfxoffroad Member Posts: 67
    I disagree... the photos don't do the 4Runner justice - it looks a lot better in person.

The demand (here in Colorado) seems to be high... a week ago Sunday, I went to dealership that had 5 or 6 on their lot - when I went back on Saturday, they were all gone.

I think the design sense @ Toyota/Lexus continually gets better and better. The fourth gen. 4Runners were simply fugily looking. The interior fit and finish is great for a vehicle at this price point. Everything is logically laid out on the dash. The front seats are incredible comfortable and driving position is excellent.

The only thing bothering me is the small-ish standard tires... an easy fix.

Looking forward to dumping our '08 Outback for a '10 4Runner in the next couple of months.

After considering a Land Cruiser (that wouldn't fit in our garage), a Sequoia, the redesigned Outback, the Highlander (yup... sad, eh?) an RX and Infiniti FX - happy to have finally found a vehicle that perfectly fits our secondary vehicle needs both for city and high country driving at a very reasonable price. :)
  • skijunkieskijunkie Member Posts: 4
    Anybody know any real time lines for the release of the Trail Editions. When I talk to the Portland, OR dealerships I get the same lip service. "Next week, next month, ......... or my favorite, why do you want a 4runner Trail when you can have a Highlander now?" I just want to see one and drive one before I order one.
    I've seen a few Trail Editions at some dealerships here in Colorado. Hmm... Highlander vs a 4Runner Trail... sales(people) can be incredibly stupid sometimes.
  • landog1landog1 Member Posts: 6
    The 2010 SR5 4Runner is simply better for everyday use in everyway than the previous model. Bigger, "WAY" better seats and heated with leather, both seats are electric, bigger rear doors, more rear seat room, bigger engine, better layout, better ride etc...

I ( and my wife ) have not been crazy about about our 2006 since day one, but it filled a need.

We are considering a 2006 GX 470 versus a 2010 4Runner. The Lexus rides nicer, smoother more power better head room and more cargo in the rear...but dang, an 06' with 35K miles still costs as much as a loaded up 2010 SR4 4Runner. It only makes sense to get a really good deal or buy a Lexus CPO with gives you 3 years up to 100K.

A few stupid things with the new 4Runner...
    1) The rear cargo slide out? R U kidding me? Within the first 6 months they will have people sueing them for lost digits getting cut off. Or dogs losing a paw. Dumb, Dumb Dumb!
    2) Wimpy tires,
    3) Have to special order the 3rd row AND get the leather option....a 90 day wait.
    4) Where are the running boards?
    5) Still some cheezy plastic on the door handle ( a brand new demo was already dinged up with 100 miles)
  • canddmeyercanddmeyer Member Posts: 410
    6) No V8 like the GX470

I have a 2003 like your 2006, and the 2010 does nothing for me, in fact I disagree with most of your comments, but to each their own.

I love the last gen seats, I hate the running boards to the point where I took them off. Good riddance. The last gen layout was great except for the HVAC controls which need dials instead of the buttons, and as for the 2010 window controls, what are they thinking? Guess that's what happens when Toyota is too cheap to put background lighting on the window switches.

Once again, no V8. No 2010 AWD except for the Limited 4x4. Has Toyota muted the road noise yet? Is the $1400 Nav improved over previous years? I'll admit I like the 4Runner despite the 'improvements', but the takeaways will keep me from purchasing another.
  • canddmeyercanddmeyer Member Posts: 410
    Has anyone cross-shopped a 2010 Subaru Tribeca with the 2010 4Runner? Just nosy.
    Gotta luv this forum........ No V8....? For normal everyday use, who needs it? Mileage is terrible and for hauling the kids around 18K/per year, it adds up. I chose the V6 in my SR5 b/c there was minimal difference in get up and go. To each his own.....but this is one of the issues I have with the GX470....I don't need a V8.

The seats? They are horrible...at least my cloth are. About as uncomfortable as a Malibu. The new ones are oh so comfortable and with HEAT. No dice unless you got a Limited in the previous model.

Running boards....I agree, what a waste. Glad they are off.

How about this: My wife's big beef with the 06' was how low she felt in the truck and seats. The 2010 positions you up higher both in truck floor and seat relative to hte floor.

Visibility of both is still nowhere near the GX, LR3 or any Landcruiser....
  • chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    I am an "05 Sport owner (currently 71K miles) and the seats do leave a lot to be desired!
  • honkinunithonkinunit Member Posts: 5
    Holy Crap, are you kidding me? $40K for a Toyota 4Runner?

People need to get a grip. Why on earth do you need a 4Runner unless you are going offroad? And who on earth would take a $40K vehicle offroad?

I have a '97 4Runner, and as far as I am concerned,the 3rd gen 4Runners were the best combination of practicality and offroad capability ever devised. They went downhill with the 4th gen, and now....can we add a few more pounds, please?

I have to admit, Jeep is the only make that has kept some semblance of sanity in their vehicles, at least in the Wrangler.

And no, the FJ Cruiser is not a 4Runner, thank you. It is a posing caricature of a Hummer.

A year from now Toyota will be discounting these things down to the $30K they should be priced at already, and they still won't be selling.
    As long as you broached it...........I own a 1988 LandCruiser, had a 91, drove a 2003 and have ridden in a 2009.

Talk about completely changing the original design thought!

2010 4 Runner is no 1997, but better for everyday use i.e. kid hauling etc... That however, does not mitigate the fact that they have left no other option in the Toyota line that has the alure of what the earlier model 4Runners were designed....Sad but true.
  • yassyyassy Member Posts: 70
    actually the 4runner is REASONABLY priced. If you look at highlander, has nearly all same options, dimensions, power etc, only its based off the camry which is for sissies. 4runner has stiffer frame, tuffer and more capable.

as to your comments about it being overpriced, it is about 3k more comparing a fully loaded HL to fully loaded 4R. The lexus gx460, sequoia, landcruiser, lexus LX are groslly overpriced. ranging from 50-80K! thats absolutely crazy. Show me another SUV that has the stamina of the 4runner for this price. There is none (i dont care much for KIA, sephia, hyndai so dont even mention those brands).
    yes toyota skimped out on a few minor things, like no standard running boards, mud flaps, inglass antenna, locking gas cap, led lights, hid lights, V8 - however aside from v8, rest all minor things that could be altered towards owners likening.
    overall 4runner is still the best bang buck.
  • jonesok1jonesok1 Member Posts: 97
    I just took delivery of a red 2010 Trail Edition, with KDSS and Nav. So far, I'm impressed with the better than Lexus build quality, and overall implementation. I really don't care for the cargo slide out-it's just silly and actually makes it harder to haul things. But that's about the only complaint, and it's not that big of one. Plenty of power for me and and to haul my 3500# trailer. The Nav and related interfaces are very well done and easy to set up and use, such as using blue tooth and using my iPhone or playing music from it.

This is the third 4Runner, I've owned (89, 98, and 2010-all bought new). I'm quite satisfied with the purchase. It is by far the best of the three in comfort, design, and ergonomics.

jonesy
  • agnostoagnosto Member Posts: 207
    After many months of research, I was reluctant to trade-in my 2007 TCH for the 2010 4Runner 4WD LTD with NAV, but owning it now (since 12-30-09) and after 100 miles, I am so glad I did. I am so overwhelmed with its more rugged and athletic design and packed with more power and better mileage performance, comfortable driving, etc... so many goodies to name a few: SAT (Satellite, complimentary 90-day trial subscription), Safety Connect (complimentary 1-year trial subscription), etc...

I used to own a 1999 and 2006 both Limited versions, but this one is by far the best one I have owned and plan to keep for many years and at least 200k miles.

The antenna dilemma:
    As an FYI, although I prefer the radio antenna to be integrated in the glass or somewhere else hidden, I am so glad Toyota has finally fixed the issue with the AM reception by installing the antenna externally.
    The rear cargo slide out ....is the silliest thing I have ever seen. I said it before and will say it again. Only a matter of time before a child or dog is going to hurt ( or lose ) a finger or paw.

I ordered mine with the third row and leather.....it will take forever to get but will be worth it.

Does anyone have third rows WITH leather as a package in their region?
    "Who on earth would take a $40k vehicle off road?"

Well I have and I know several people who regularly take more expensive vehicles off road. I can't quite understand what you mean.

My range rover has been off road many times as has my wifes Mercedes G class and both are well in excess of $40K. Quite frankly, they excel off road. I suppose, at the end of the day, the extra cost of these provide the technology to actually perform well off road and doesn't it make sense to then use them accordingly?.

I recently bought the 10 4runner ltd primarily for my off road adventures because I needed something to beat up a bit. Should I not have?
  • warrebwarreb Member Posts: 20
    Four days ago I traded a 2004 4Runner, with 150K trouble-free miles on it, for the 2010 model. My observations so far are summarized below. If anyone can point me toward where the oil filter (or canister) is situated, I'll be grateful. The goal was to obtain the same good reliability and performance that the 04 provided.

First impressions are that the handling, as expected, appears equivalent and that the redesign pluses slightly outweigh the minuses. More specific observations:
    - replacing the lost running boards with a $500 dealer option was a bummer,
    - so was finding out, after the sale, that the crossbar parts of the roof rack were another $125,
    - 6 cyl engine appears peppier, although I have not accelerated hard during break in,
    - the key operated rear window, that goes up as well as down from the back, is a welcomed improvement,
    - so is the more intuitive instrument panel and auxillary panel layout,
    - like the brighter presentation of temperature, time, gas mileage, etc vs. the old liquid crystal display that was impossible to read during a bright day,
    - compass heading readout is nice,
    - second row seats fold down more efficiently (less wasted space) than before,
    - liked the more understated contours of the the old body style,
    - electronic shift seems convenient but I worry about it being new and having unproven reliabililty (liked the old shift just as well),
    - the extendable rear shelf seems silly,
    - the side-by-side trailer wiring plugs, in alternative configurations, are a plus,
    - the 100W/400W inverter is a bit light, not sure why the 400W is not available all the time (a nanny Toyota issue?),
    - cover on right side rear storage will be missed, as will glove box shelf; however, the door pockets are more usefully shaped,
    - greatest concern is more rust on the machined surfaces of the front suspension bolts, the backing pads, metal adjacent to the grease seals and the exposed portion of the brake rotors than on the 2004 I turned in! I hope, that despite being on dealer's lot for about a month, this is not a harbinger of Ford Truck disease.
  • chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    I always admire someone who has made a big investment, but can give us an unbiased plus/minus observation.

Did you consider a pre-owned model before buying new?
    No, my assessment of the price & possible problem tradeoff, especially since I tend to keep vehicles a very long time, motivated me to purchase near the beginning of the model year -- at a time when dealers seem especially motivated to discount aggressively.
    Warreb:

I noticed that you mentioned you purchased dealer added running boards. I have not been able to find them anywhere for my 2010 and have been told at least a three month wait. If you could point me to the dealer you purchased from I would be thankful.

P
    My dealer didn't promise. We left it at "they' ll come in when they come in." While I don't mind the wait, I appreciate your heads up and will not get too excited if it drags on for several months.
  • tangmantangman Member Posts: 127
    Liked your review. Can you post your gas milage experience todate and the noise level. I too have a 2004 Sport and am considering a 2010. Did they give much for the 2004?
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Be sure to check out Toyota 4Runner Real World MPG.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Have not driven it enough to have a reliable mileage figure. Trade in was reasonable, given the Kelly & Edmunds estimates. However, since negotiations were over "bottom line", there is no way to really know how much was price discount and how much was the dealer's perceived value of the 2004.
    in case interested

1. Have had my 2010 now four weeks and am averaging 18.5 combined about 50/50 city/hgwy.

2. The vehicle is very quiet on dry roads as compared to my range rover which is the most quiet suv I have ever driven. When the roads get wet or slushy the wheel wells are not so well insulated so the noise level goes up a bit. I am pleased with the quietness of the cabin.

3. Agree that the pull out in the cargo area is nice on paper but poor in real life function.

4. Acceleration after break in is decent. Still would have opted for an 8 and more torque.

5. Has handled very well on snowy and icy roads..Impressed with its capability.

6. Bluetooth performs poorly. Callers can barely hear me and I am talking very loudly right at the microphone (located in headliner at map lights). I use it often so this is a frustration.

7. Navigation is very intuitive and easier to use than my range rover's

8. The truck is comfortable. Captains chairs would be nice in this vehicle but overall pleased with comfort.

9. Braking leaves a bit to be desired.

10. The windshield wiper heater function is quite nice. Works quite well in keeping the wipers from freezing up.

11. The lack of running boards is a problem from my perspective. This vehicle has 9.6 inches of ground clearance and the rocker panels are covered with ice/snow and mud that on you as you get in the truck. They can't come in fast enough. I was told by Toyota corporate that they are not planning on manufacturing boards. This will be a regional dealer thing only. Time will tell.

12. Generally a solid build but doors are a bit tinny sounding and hood flexes in the wind at higher speeds.

13. No memory seating position in a $40K car is disappointing.

14. Please with the added roominess of the back seat and cargo area versus previous models.
  • markr346markr346 Member Posts: 3
    All good information, pjc1 ... very helpful.

What appeals to me on the '10 4Runner is the true 4x4 capability and truck chasis .... with improved mileage. I moved from a Tahoe to '08 Highlander. Wanted better gas mileage and equal 4x4 performance ... but discovered after I bought it the Highlander doesn't have true 4x4 capability. It sounds like the '10 4Runner does .... along with comparable gas mileage to the Highlander.

However, doing some research, it seems the Highlander interior is roomier ... almost 2" more headroom in the front (?) and nearly the same on front legroom. That's surprising and I won't know for sure until I sit in one, I suppose. With a winter jacket on my head scrapes the ceiling in the Highlander, which means a problem for sure in the '10 4Runner...

One question: Does the 4Runner driver's front seat have the same (automatic) front seat extender (not sure what you call it) that provides great leg support for those of us with longer legs as what my '08 Highlander LtD have? Does the 4Runner have the same adjustment, where you can extend the front part of the driver's seat out to provide more leg support?

Again, though, great information on this forum to-date. Thanks.
    I do not beleive that my limited has a seat extender
    No sure, but the seat bottom itself is a greater distance in height from the floor of the truck than any previous 4 Runner model. The seats are also, IMHO, more comfortable than what is in a GX470 and miles better than in my 2006 with cloth.

I do have a beef with the head room. I am short at 5'8" and with the sunroof there is not much room from the top of my head to the sunroof.

The headliner, with the sunroof, has a hump going down into the interior. My 2006 has no sunroof so there is plenty of headroom.
    You've got to be kidding... why would you buy a 4Runner if you don't plan to take it off-road? At first I thought you had to be from someplace where there aren't many hills.. but you're from Colorado? This should make total sense to you... but then I wanted to see if you'd followed up on this thread and I found that you're much more interested in a KIA Soul and that pretty much explained everything.

After I do the "break in" period w/ my '10 4Runner, it'll be going up to Pike National Forest to put it through its paces. Like my previous off-road vehicles, it might actually get a scratch or two from a tree branch or heck... it might even get muddy, God forbid. ;)
  • g0lferg0lfer Member Posts: 14
    I have had my 2009 Borrego for a week. EX, V8, power everthing, leather, no nav, no chrome, sunroof, heated seats, Bluetooth, no back up camera, no rear entertainment. Searched in vain locally and had to buy through a broker from dealer in Ohio. Delivered to my door on large vehicle transport truck. When it was off loaded, it would not start and would not jump start. Had to call Kia for free towing to dealer who replaced battery. Drop down sunglass holder defective and needs to be replaced too. Otherwise, I am very pleased. Paid $31,640 plus $760 transport. Every bit as good and in some ways better than 2010 4Runner (no V8).
    My random thoughts:
    Too soon to figure gas mileage but prob about as listed.
    Good sound, esp via Sirius/XM.
    Bluetooth working well; others say sound is good, just a little echo-y.
    Rear view mirror buttons can be programmed for garage door and 2 other remotes-nice.
    Presets for steering wheel, outdoor mirrors and seat works well.
    Comfy front seats, heated too. At 6ft 3in I could use a touch more leg room even with seat way back.
    Center console prohibits your right knee from relaxing to the right.
    Generally quiet with road noise and other cars.
    Fog lights are nice.
    Multiple jacks for rechargers, i-pod, etc.
    Instrumentation logical.
    Slow to gear up from a full stop (saves gas?), but does not lack power when you floor it.
    3rd row seats should be an option. Rear cargo with minimal room back there unless the seats are down flat. Should have fabric on their backs because they will probably scratch with luggage.
    Small storage space on floor of rear is nice. Has some of jack parts.
    Can access fuel tank from the side of rear wall. Jack inside opposite rear wall.
    Adjustable mid seats for position and reclining are nice. Same for drop down arm rest between the seats. Enough leg room.
    Back up warning beeps are helpful but only in general distances.
    Automatic 2 wheel to 4 wheel drive is nice and smooth changeover.
    Running boards - I dislike, but are not removable. Seem narrower and I can step over them without always rubbing pantleg on them.

So, time will tell whether it will hold up. Service manager at Kia said Kias since mid 2006 have been very reliable and much better than the Jeep/Chrysler vehicles when he worked there. He sees hardly any Borregos, but then they did not sell a lot of them.
    Posted on Kia board too.
  • murphydogmurphydog Member Posts: 735
    I too thought the Borrego was a good value, however I saw that it may be at the end of its production - demand is low, and well lets face it a BOF V8 SUV does not project the same green image as the Prius.

Any worries about support down the road?
  • waltzonicewaltzonice Member Posts: 7
    I'm also trying to decide between the 2009 Borrego, 2010 4Runner, and keeping my 1998 Mercedes ML320 -- with 140k miles, check engine light on, major oil leak, need new tires... I figure perhaps it's better to get rid of it now than to spend thousands on necessary repairs and maintenance. I really like the Toyota, but it's hard to justify when I can get essentially the equivalent car in the Kia for $12k less.
  • scottlscottl Member Posts: 109
    I think you misunderstood the guy's post. He was pointing out that the 3rd Gen 4Runner was a much better off road vehicle than the 4th gen or the new one. If you really want to go offroad, why buy a 2010 4Runner when it is so compromised in offroad capability compared to the older ones? Find a good older unit to beat up, and buy an Avalon for comfort.

You *will* be getting scratches on your $40K 2010 4Runner, because incredibly, it is almost *10 Inches* wider than the 3rd gen. That is huge, literally. If you drive offroad, think of all the times you squeeze past things by two or three inches...with the 2010 you'll be denting the vehicle. The wheelbase is 4.6 inches longer on the 2010, the overall length is 10 inches longer, the weight is in incredible 800 to 1000 pounds more, and the breakover, approach and departure angles are much better on the 1996-2001 4Runners.
    The bottom line is that the 4Runner has become a pooch truck, just like most of the rest of the SUV class. Toyota is pushing the goofy, FJ Cruiser as the true offroad vehicle, and while it is capable offroad, it is obviously aimed at 20-something single males, with its tiny, claustrophobic interior, lack of visibility, and poser looks. The 4Runner is for yuppie suburbanites who go offroad once or twice a year in between ventures to the mall.

The Wrangler Unlimited is the only logical remaining choice that approximates the 3rd Gen 4Runner. BTW, it is the lone Chrysler vehicle that is still selling well.
  • g0lferg0lfer Member Posts: 14
    The decision was easy for me as soon as Toyota announced no V8 in the 2010 4Runner. The new 4Runner is bigger, heavier, and more expensive with only a V6. It doesn't have near the HP and torque. I needed the 4WD for snow and the V8 to tow 5200 lbs in mountains. And the gas mileage is the same or better with the Kia. The Borrego has exceeded my expectations and I am impressed.
    The Kia looks good but with sales lacking, it probably won't survive. It remains to be seen how much dealer support there will be for thr Borrego as it is phased out.
  • waltzonicewaltzonice Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking at getting a V6 so the 2010 4Runner lack of V8 is not an issue for me. I do like the looks of the 4Runner better than the Borrego, and also like that it has a bigger gas tank and slightly better gas mileage. I haven't had a chance to test drive the 4Runner yet. If I go with the 4Runner, I may give it a few more months when I can hopefully get a slightly better deal.
  • tangmantangman Member Posts: 127
    The lack of traffic on this board appears to be a symptom of lacking interest for the new 2010 4-runners. I really do not want to see the 4-Runner disappear, since the core vehicle while not optimal is OK, but not inspiring enough for current 4-Runner owners like myself to buy. The 4th generation went through a similar situation with the ugly fender flairs in 2003. Changed them in 2004, and I purchase a new 4-runner. The fix is simple. Just look at what was offeedr in the previous Sport and forget the gimmic items like the sliding floor in the tailgate and the boom box switch for tailgating. Hopefully the toyota MBA marketing folks can do a better job for 2011. If so, I will be buying a 4-Runner. If not, the life of the 4-Runner may be short lived since the dedicated 4-Runner base will loose interest as is obvious from the lack of activity on this board.
    If you really want to see lack of interest go to the Borrego board. I think the economy has alot to do with it.
  • agnostoagnosto Member Posts: 207
    I am the current owner of an awesome 2010 4Runner V6 LTD 4WD with NAV and have been very happy with it so far after the first 400 miles. This is my 3rd 4Runner and it is by far the best 4Runner I have ever owned in terms of ergonomics, comfort and space, etc... Just for the record, I am in the 2nd tank and my current MPG (after resetting the computer AVG) is about 22 miles as it reads in the computer with mixed miles in c/h.
    When it comes to choosing vehicles, I am very thorough/picky and if Toyota starts to fail in overall quality and reliability, then I will have hard time to find my next MAKE, but for now, I would never compare this beauty to even an MDX...
  • jonesok1jonesok1 Member Posts: 97
    I just picked up a new 2010 Salsa Red TE T4R with Navi and KDSS.

I couldn't be more pleased with the design, ergonomics, and build quality.

Thanks, Toyota! :)
    While I can understand your perspective, I have to disagree with you. I think the new 4Runner is actually going to inspire more people to consider it (like myself and others I talked with). Sales seem to be very strong thus far, as is evident from dealer lots here in Colorado. The 3rd gen 4Runner was great (design/functionality) - the 4th, not so much. My two cents.