Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Yaris Lighting and Electrical Questions

siraysiray Member Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Toyota
A rock had the best of my driver's side fog lamp. I purchased the replacement lamp, and set out in my driveway to pop it in.

Lets just say its a bit of a puzzle under there, has anyone done this repair? If so, what is the trick to getting access to the fog lamp to replace it?

Comments

• typer73typer73 Member Posts: 11
    REMOVAL
    HINT:
    • Use the same procedure for both the RH and LH sides.
    • The procedure described below is for the LH side.
    1. DISCONNECT CABLE FROM NEGATIVE BATTERY
    TERMINAL
    2. REMOVE FRONT FENDER LINER
    (a) Remove the 3 screws and remove the front side of
    the front fender liner.
    3. REMOVE FOG LIGHT ASSEMBLY
    (a) Disconnect the connector.
    (b) Remove the 3 screws, then remove the fog light.
    (c) Turn the fog light bulb, in the direction indicated by
    the arrow in the illustration, to remove it.

Copied this from the Yaris repair manual... sounds complicated. After doing all this, it has to be aimed. Is your car under warranty?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    I've seen several vehicles now where changing headlight bulbs requires removal of the bumper cover!
  • siraysiray Member Posts: 2
    Well, I guess I'll get my hands dirty this weekend!

I am still on wtee, but broken lights are not covered...
  • richieno5richieno5 Member Posts: 1
    Well it's been very cold and snow recently and my car wouldn't start the battery died...so i have recharged the battery and my car now starts...but the only thing that works is the headlight, i have no radio, no heating, no other lights, no wipers and no light on my digital dash board but the fuses are all ok.

I have no idea what it could be

Can anyone give me any advise on what could be wrong with it or how to fix it????
  • toystorytoystory Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    :) Did you ever get to fix the problem with your Yaris? I was wondering if you did because I have a 2006 Yaris with the same problem. If you did fix it can you let me know what the problem was. Thanks. :shades:
This discussion has been closed.