Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Import MDX from US to Canada

sentinelssentinels Member Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Acura
I'm currently interested in purchasing a 2007 MDX, looking at the current MSRP in Canada for a MDX with all the options is $61,900 CDN + $1,775 CDN for Freight/PDI = $63,675 CDN = $60,287 USD.

Meanwhile in the US, the MSRP is $47,795 USD + $670 for Destination = $48,465 USD.

That's a difference of almost 12K USD, ouch. I would feel like I'm getting robbed if I bought the SUV here. Has any Canadians here tried importing this SUV new from the States? Not even sure if any dealers in the Buffalo Niagara area would sell to a Canadian so I can bring to Toronto...I know there are issues with warranty transfers sometimes but heck I would have 12K of savings to work with and Acura usually has high quality.

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try the Importing Car into Canada from US discussion. Chances are the warranty won't be honoured.
  • Options
    laurievlauriev Member Posts: 1
    We are looking to bring a 2007 MDX from the us to canada. It was a demo vehicle and the seller states it has an open mfr. certificate of origin. Does anyone know if this will affect anything? It has never been titled and they are built in Canada. We are worried that we do not know anything about this.
  • Options
    dms9dms9 Member Posts: 137
    Don't do it. Unless you want to drive to Canada for service, buy one here. It's just not worth the trouble for the few dollars you will save, if any.
  • Options
    upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    Uh....is that legal? :confuse:
This discussion has been closed.