Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Yaris Accessories & Modifications

124»

Comments

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Every car lock on every car I've ever owned operates by turning the key clockwise. Always try the simplest solution first!

Post your tranny question over in the Toyota Yaris Transmission Problems discussion.
  • Options
    dakedake Member Posts: 131
    The first question is Toyota's have a security lock-out for their trunks and hatches so they cannot be opened with the little lever up by the driver's seat.

If the key slot is in the vertical position, you can pull the lever to pop the trunk. If you rotate your key clockwise it opens the trunk but if you turn it counter-clockwise and pull the key out, the trunk can only be opened by the key.

Used in conjunction with the locks on the seat backs (inside the trunk) to prevent the rear seats from folding forward, it makes the trunk area the most secure part of the vehicle.

As for your second question, I don't totally understand it. My Yaris is an automatic, so are you saying the manual (stick-shift) is labeled 1,2,3 and D? I've never seen something like that before, but process of elimination would suggest that's your fourth gear.

If you have an automatic transmission, you basically always leave it in D.
  • Options
    swassillswassill Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased the 2007 Yaris hatchback and it came with premium stereo, power mirrors, power windows, power locks, keyless entry, spit rear seat that folds flat, rear window defroster, alloy wheels, and they said anti-lock brakes. I can't find proof of the anti-lock brakes. I don't see the AB or ABS light when I turn the key to 'on.' Nor do I feel or hear the 'crunching' when I test for the ABS brakes. Was this an option included in a package that would also include everything else that I mentioned previously? Now, when I tested the stopping, it did stop in a straight line on snow and ice, but no crunching.
  • Options
    bamacarbamacar Member Posts: 749
    If it is the same as the Sedan in 2007, it was part of the safety package which included the side and curtain airbags. Do the seats have the airbag labels?
  • Options
    jeff618jeff618 Member Posts: 29
    Hope This Helps: The Toyota Yaris' 14" passenger side replacement windshield wiper is very hard to find in the newer-style beam blades. The 12" rear is also very hard to find because its a special rear blade that fits the special rear arm.

After exhaustive research, I've only found one aftermarket set-up that works: 'Trico NeoForm Beam Blades' on the front (yes, they have a 14") and 'Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade' on the rear (yes, it fits the special rear arm). All of the above come with step-by-step, illustrated removal and replacement instructions - easy install. Got the whole set-up online.
  • Options
    micro_imagemicro_image Member Posts: 1
    Not all hatchbacks come with ABS, mine doesn't have it, and I did get the power controls package like you have.
  • Options
    jeff618jeff618 Member Posts: 29
    As a follow-up to my post above, I just got an email from wipers123.com and there's a $15 rebate on NeoForms (including the 14") through 5/15/10. They also sent me an additional $5 instant coupon "springreturningcustomer" not sure when it expires... I'm not ready to replace mine yet so take it if you want it!
  • Options
    girlcarbuildergirlcarbuilder Member Posts: 225
    The cruise is pretty much already built into the computer system. That is 2009 and 2010 for sure! What you are buying is a bunch of switches! Before you buy, open up the bottom under dash covers and look for a 2 pin white plug near the adjustment screw for the clutch pedal. If you have this, you most likely are already prewired for the system. Note this applies to manual only.

Buy the clutch switch from Toyota, not Rostra control. 1) it is cheaper and 2) it will plug right up! Rostra's switch will not plug right up. Manual transmission only.

The control switch Rostra Cruise Control :250-1731
    can be bought from JC Whitney special order department $160 or from your dealer $120 if he will sell it to you. Once you hook up this switch on either manual or automatic, if the dash lights show cruise is on when you turn it on, you are in business! On the manual, you will have to add the clutch system to activate it.

http://www.rostra.com/
  • Options
    girlcarbuildergirlcarbuilder Member Posts: 225
    edited March 2011
    One additional note, both of our cars are hatchbacks! a 3 door 2009 and a 5 door 2010. I have factory service manuals for the 09 which show the cruise system built into the computer system.

http://www.rostra.com/manuals/250-1731_Form5156G.pdf is where you can find the pdf manual on this new unit. It can be used on other Toyota models as well.
This discussion has been closed.