Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda MX-5 Miata 2008

Comments

• wdukewduke Member Posts: 17
    After reading the number of people that are waiting for this car, I am amazed. We walked into a dealership in souther Cal. and took the copper mica 6speed auto right out of the showroom, and this dealer had other models on his lot. I know in Canada the dealer in my area is saying he can only get one every 3 months or so, but didn't realize the difficulty that consumers were facing in the U.S. The dealer also moved off of MSRP...$29,700 if I remember correctly to $27,450. The dealership was also one of the nicest ones I've dealt with in some time. Thank goodness for the internet, at least a person can find dealers in other cities and ask about stock, and put on a transport truck to your door saves a lot of hassle as well.
  • destrydestry Member Posts: 58
    I have a 2008 Grand Touring PRHT fully loaded and gave $26,400
    Sounds like you got a better deal, I didn't even try to push hard for the price, compared with what this car sells for in Canada after taxes, I figure I saved just over $9,000. I'm certainly happy with that in my pocket than someone elses.
  • wilzapwilzap Member Posts: 107
    Congrats on the new toy!!! I wish I would have known you would be picking it up when you did, Iv'e been here in burnsville for the last 4 days visiting my son and grandson(1st B-day) its litterarly 5 mins from where I'm staying,I would have stopped by to say hi...unfortunatly I was not able to drive mine up(it was the original plan) but we apparantly could not fit everything in the car) so my first road trip in the car will have to wait untill July when I take it to Colorado..
    Have fun... I know you will...
  • milkeymilkey Member Posts: 66
    Hey, thanks! We definitely are enjoying the new car so far! Had it out last night w/ top down for the first time...it was fantastic! Felt like I was on a motorcycle. Definitely a more exposed feeling than the '07 Mustang ragtop we rented a year ago on vacation... which is GREAT in my book. I guess I should've posted when I knew I was picking up the car... would've been glad to meet you at Walser and talk Miata! They have an SE Icy Blue on the floor and at least 2 PRHT's in stock. Really nice people to work with... we took Amtrak from our home (Minot, ND) to St.Paul and our salesguy picked us up at the depot and drove us to Walser. Paperwork went fast and we were out driving our roadster in about an hour and a half. The weather didn't really cooperate for top-down driving, but no complaints!
    My wife isn't the excitable type when it comes to cars, but I've never seen her so happy about a vehicle before, so that's been fun. We're planning a roadtrip in Sept. thru Yellowstone and Arches Nat'l Parks, so it should be a blast. Have a good one in Colorado... I too will be in CO in June for a reunion w/ my 2 brothers, but I'm gonna drive my Mazda3... let the wife have fun w/ the Miata while I'm gone.
  • maurizio1maurizio1 Member Posts: 1
    wduke,

Did you have trouble to import into Canada? Will Mazda honour the warranty?

I'd like to import an Mx-5 into Toronto from NY state.
    No I had no trouble bringing it into Canada. All you need is bill of sale, Title (MSO) and letter of no recall. I got mine out of Southern Cal. Seem like prices were better further from the border. Send your paperwork to US customs 72 hrs. in advance weekends don't count, check the border crossing to see where you can enter the country from. Remember because the car in made in Japan you will have to pay 6.1 % import tax as well as PST and GST. Should be able to get one PRHT GT model for $27,000-$27,500. Do the math, our dealers want $39,000 plus...as well as taxes. Had mine transported to the border for $550.00, quotes ranged from $600-$800. When all was said and done I've saved over $9000.00. Just find a dealer who is willing to sell to you knowing the car is leaving the country. If you know someone in the US have the car delivered to their address and go and pick it up. By exporting out of California I did not have to pay state tax, signed a notary form showing I took delivery out of state. Warranty, North American, good luck any further questions just ask.
    I know what you mean by the weather !! it was winter in my book.. but you northerners are a little more used to it than me,I'm a warm weather guy stuck in northern Illinois..it got better by Tuesday then left for home on Wed.
    Your gonna love that drive down 89/189 through Wyoming then 191,did it about 12 years ago(in a mini van pulling a pop-up).but I was going north.
    ., don't forget your camera..

Congrats Again!!
    The wait is over.
    Definitely looking forward to a roadtrip in a convertible! :shades: Hey,do I remember you posting something once about having installed a K & N air filter in your MX-5? I've heard good things about them and always planned on putting one in previous cars but never did. Anyway, today I bought one online for the MX-5, so was wondering if you or anyone else on this blog has any thoughts on them, pro or con?
    Mikey, re your K&N filter, best thing you can do.They are a little pricey, but you never have to replace them, get yourself the cleaning kit for it as well. Put one into my Toyoto 4 runner years ago and a once a year cleaning, depending on the type of driving (off road?). Where did you get yours and how much, should do the same for my wife's new mx-5, will use the existing filter until a new one is needed then a change will be in order. Don't expect a great increase in performance but your vehicle will definitely breath better, which will make your engine happy.
    I did a google search and logged onto the first listing I saw - a website for AutoAnything.com. They list at $51 retail but they sell 'em for $37.50 and the shipping is free... can't beat that. The same filter on most ebay stores is $41.50 and you pay a minimum $8 shipping. I read some reviews on the K & N's and the comments were generally positive, although there's always the occasional "didn't see any MPG or HP increase." But worth a try IMO. I'm glad to hear it worked well for you, that's encouraging to me.
    I don't have one on mine but I did put one on my Mazda 3, I'm going to ride out my original filter then switch to the K&N, they are supposed to help the MPG a little bit from what I've heard and if you keep the car for a long time it will pay itself off..the guy who works on my cars recomends it but figures why pull out a brand new filter and swap it, if your going to put it in yourself I have read that some people have had a tough time getting them to fit in just right so thats why I'll just order one up like you found and just have it done when I get the car serviced later this summer...
    Yeah, that's exactly what I intend to do with the air filter... wait until the OEM needs cleaning before installing the K&N. I'll probably give installing it myself a try and if it proves to be a pain, have the dealer do it when I'm there for an oil change.
    Gotta tell everybody out there... I've had my PRHT for exactly 1 week now, and we've got 1100 miles on the odometer! Of course, almost half was driving it home from Mpls., but we're on track for 52,000 miles in the first year of ownership!! ;) Is this a great car, or what?! I took my 75-year-old mother for a ride today, and she couldn't stop raving about it! She absolutely had a blast! :shades:
  • miatamama1miatamama1 Member Posts: 41
    I have taken a 3-year-old all the way up to an 80-year-old in mine and many inbetween, and EVERYONE loves the ride.
  • marshalljaymarshalljay Member Posts: 9
    a poster on the previous page said he didn't mind the door mount cup holders - I'd have to respond YMMV. I just traded my 2000 LS Miata for an '08 PRHT Grand Touring model - and while I like the new one, there are a lot of things that, IHMO, are a step backwards in the new model.

I absolutely loathe the door mount cup holders - they hit my knee, virtually all the time. Naturally, when shifting, etc, they aren't a problem; but once I'm on the open road, and the cruise is set, my knee bonks painfully into the obtruding cup holder.

I also miss the door panel pockets - a perfect place for cd cases; and while the center console cupholders are worlds better than the one in the previous model, I miss the padded center console of my old car. The sunvisors are also very cheesy, and I'm not a fan of the new hard plastic dash.

OTOH, the PRHT is great - that is why I bought the car, and so far, it has not disappointed me. The car also rides better, and manages to track well on the road, while maintaining quick steering response. The one thing that doesn't look to be promising is fuel economy - I often got over 30mpg out of my 2000; how are you guys doing with your new ones?
  • rpmrpm Member Posts: 9
    I have an 08 prht gt as well. It's my first Miata. The cupholders in the door don't bother me at all; I would never have known this to be a problem for anyone without reading the various forums. As you say, YMMV! Couldn't agree with you more on those sunvisors, though!

This might solve your problem re: the padded center console. I can't vouch for the product, yet; am ordering one today:
    http://www.zetaproducts.net/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=5

My MPG avg. is just over 25, but I picked up my car in late Jan., and live in Minnesota; the first few tanks were very low. I expect my overall average to end up in the 27-28 range by the end of 2008, and my commute is under 6 miles (suburban) each way daily.

rpm
    Gotta agree with ya the cup holders have never given me a problem either, mine is 7 months old and even through the winter with snow tires on the car I've been averaging 28- MPG and thats with somewhat aggressive driving but my commute is 24 miles each way mostly 45 to 55 MPH..
    So where in Minnesota are ya? I go to Burnsville about 4 times a year to see my son and family.. I have delt with the folks at Walser before and have been to the Mazda dealer up in Minetonka( getting my son out of his old protege speed into a less costly car).. I was just there last week.
    Next time I'm taking the MX-5 up...
    I like the center console pad. Let us know how you like it, once it comes in. And trust you're right on the mileage - I'm still in break-in period, so probably can't expect much.

thanks

jon
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I've learned to call them bottle holders (in another forum), but I find them intrusive as well. They seem to be juuuust where I want to rest my knee.

If and when I buy one I will try to rig some sort of custom fix - maybe some padding of some sort.
    Eden Prairie. I wasn't able to get the snow tire/wheel package I wanted, so had to white-knuckle it through this winter from mid-Jan. on...yikes.

I bought mine from Luther way up in Brooklyn Park. They were willing to sell me the PRHT at invoice, and give me a decent (after some negotiating, of course) price in trade on my 06 Prius. Morries (minnetonka) and Walser were thousands of dollars higher on the same deal... especially Walser, from whom I'd purchased the darn Prius (along with my wife's HyCamry and another Prius in the past couple of years). As I recall, my deal was my Prius +6k or so, and Walser wouldn't come below something like my Prius +10 or 12k!!!

By the way, I have a $250 "friends and family" coupon from Luther that's going to expire in a couple of months, if anyone can use it. I believe it's good at any Luther dealership, not just for Mazdas.
    What was the price for your PRHT(invoice) did you get the GT model or what package did you buy
    Wow ! I'm surprised that Walser offered you so little on the trade, When I was up there a year ago (consigning for my son, who is 26 and still can't do this on his own) they gave him $10,000.00 for his "03 Protage Speed that needed a bunch of work, I was shocked when they told me that... we jumped on it..
    When I got mine at the end of Sept. last year I ordered a set of rims and Blizzax right away for fear that as we got closer to cold weather there might be backlogs on product.. and I have to admit the car is a blast in the snow, as much as I hate winter and cold..
    If I come up there this summer ( I'm in northern Illinois) maybe you can let me know were the best backroad drives are...
    wduke, I have the prht gt with the premium and (mandatory) suspension package.
    I think the invoice was 27k, give or take $100, and the MSRP was 29.1-.3.

wilzap, I wanted Blizzaks, but I didn't buy my car until late january of this year, and either the tires or the alloys I wanted were on backorder until late enough in the spring that I decided to wait until this fall. I'm a big believer in dedicated snows.

generally, the best drives here are along the mississippi...either SE of twin cities (Red Wing, around lake Pepin, etc.) or north of Duluth. otherwise, anything in the interior qtr. of the state NE of Lake Mille Lacs is awesome too...

rpm
    RPM, thanks for the information, I also bought the same package, only mine is with 6 speed auto, paddle shifters (for the wife) she only drives automatics. Got mine out of Southern Cal. for $27, 400 without having to push very hard for the price, might have been a little more if I had cried proverty, but got a good price to have it transported to the US./ Can. border. Car is now in Beautiful British Columbia, with the top down. Our dealers here want if they can get them, about $43 to $44 thousand taxes included on the road. After all was said and done I saved just over $9 thousand by importing from the USA into Canada. Had to do a bit of paper work but it was worth it. 2008 PRHT GT, Copper, with chrome fuel cover (looks sharp) gives it a sporty look. God Bless America and the dealers that will sell to Canadians.
    I've got around 1100 miles so far on my '08. We have recorded 26.75mpg combined city/hwy. Upon taking delivery 500 miles from our home, we drove it back and got 28 hwy mpg right out of the box... and that was with me constantly varying the speed during the 600 mile break-in period. I'm confident we'll see 30+ hwy once everything's loosened up. BTW, I bought the padded console armrest that you're talking about and have been using it since I took delivery of the vehicle... buy it - you'll love it. A small item, but a HUGE improvement in comfort, IMO.
    Hi, marshalljay - Concerning the after-market center console armrest pad, BUY IT!! It's worth every penny! After using it, you'll never take it out again. (I promise you I don't work for the company, but am a legitimate satisfied customer!) :)
    Marshalljay, who handles the padded console? Would like to look at one and see if that would be something I'd be interested in. Wife's MX-5 is an automatic, does that make a difference, I guess you lose the use of the cup holders, not that is a big thing with me.
    I got mine at zetaproducts.net. They cost $44.95 (US) + $5.00 shipping (to US).
    I don't think you'll be disappointed with it, we absolutely love ours. Do yourself a favor and check it out. :)
    My center console pad showed up Friday. I like it, but $50 for a piece of rubber...

I was expecting more of a leather-wrapped pad. It's fine, though. I like having my forearm rest a little higher relative to the shift knob. Also, I will now not accidentally trip the window switches with a coat sleeve button!

rpm
  • civicowner71civicowner71 Member Posts: 1
    This is indeed an interesting post and heartening for many Canadians tired of paying high prices for cars in Canada.
    I live in Ontario and want to import a Miata from the US. Can you please let me know the procedure you had to follow for importing the car in BC and whether this varies by province. Also, I note you actually bought and imported a new car here. I thought I had read somewhere that we are only allowed to import cars in Canada that are at least one year old. (I could be mistaken!)
    Thanks
    Firstly, I would think the same paperwork I did to enter into Canada, whether it's BC or Ont. should be the same. If you can find a dealer (usually further south the better) that will sell to you, is the first step. Check with RIV.ca to make sure the car you want is admissable into Canada and check to see what if any modifications you might have to do. If you know someone who lives or have a US address, that can make it easier for the dealer to sell to you. Secondly, check to see what is available as far as storage compounds near your point of entry. You can have the vehicle transported to that location and after sending the US border the necessary paperwork, you could then go and pick up the car and drive it to the border. US border needs Original Title or MSO, bill of sale, and letter of no recall, either from the manufacturer or the dealer. After 72 hrs. not including weekends you can then bring the car to the border for exporting. Canadian border will then process the taxes (5%gst) import tax (6.1%) if made out of the USA, payable by credit card. They will give you a form 1 which you fax to RIV, who will send you a form 2 so that you can go and get your Fed. inspection (Can. Tire) and then your provincal inspection, and then license and insurance,at which time you will pay provincal sales tax. In about 10-14 days you will receive from RIV your compliance sticker to affix to your car. DONE , sounds like a lot but it just paper work and time. Yes you can drive your vehicle legally while waiting for Register Of Imported Vehicle to send you this label. Any further questions, you know how to reach me.
    well, will have to get one then; have started doing like you, rpm; I'll be going down the road, and all of a sudden there'll be a heckuva breeze...I too keep bumping the window switches.

everything else, except for cheap visors and cupholder cover, is good. Haven't come up with any other ergonomic bitches. am out of break-in. My PHRT is way smoother riding, quieter, and tighter than my 2000 LS. Not quite as solid or confident in hard cornering, but maybe I just need to get used to it. Seems like there is a trade-off, between the more compliant ride and on the edge handling.
    How is everyone doing on MPG? I have the new PRHT and have had 3 things go wrong...

1st - Purge Valve Silinoid switch went bad and my check engine light came on...
    2nd - Had to replace the Fuel sending unit because my gas gauge wasn't working properly
    3rd - I had to get a new gas cap because mine wasn't sealing tight, yet causing the check engine to come on.

I hope I didn't make a wrong decision in buying my MX-5! :sick:
    Sorry to hear that you have experienced some problems.. so far mine has given me none, but thats what the warranty is for,Hopefully you won't have any more..
    I am currently getting 28 to 30 MPG and thats with some agreesive driving, but I do have the 6AT and I think they are getting better MPG than the 6M, I don't think I could ever tell anyone they made the wrong choice in buying the MX-5...
    Good luck and enjoy :)
    Yeah, I have the 6 speed Auto and I know I'm not getting that good of gas mileage! I will probably be trading this car soon because I am not happy with it! :confuse:
  • jimploggerjimplogger Member Posts: 17
    I have the 2008 Grand Touring rag top 6AT. I purchased it in Charlotte, NC and drove it back to Maryville, TN. I got 31 mpg. I just put the second tank of gas in after mostly stop and go driving around town and trip on the Foothills Parkway. It got 30.5 mpg. What a great fun car! :)
    I have read a bit about varying MPG's in these cars,its kind of strange.. I know the gas in northern Illinois has to be a special blend for environmental reasons, in the summer..not sure what the date is they change over but between that and my snow tires coming off my MPG has gone from 26 to 30, and we pay big time big time for that gas here( I know we all do) paying $4.10 for premo here :mad:
    So you gonna look for another Roadster? if so maybe check out the Honda s2000 ...BMW makes some nice toys also,but they won't sip the gas either.
    Congrats on the new toy!! so where is Maryville? my father in law lives right out side of Bristol.. can't wait to take mine out to see him and hit the Dragon while I'm there, gonna maybe try for this fall..
    I have noticed with the 2008 MX-5 that after the car has sat in the garage overnight that the brakes squeal when my wife backs out of the driveway. The calipers are dry when the car is parked (could understand after a wash or rain) a film of rust forming on the rotors, but this is not the situation. After a couple of applications of the brakes it does disappear, wondering if it is just the newnest or the brake pads need to heat up, anyone else discovering the same situation.
    Maryville is south of Knoxville. I am 15 miles from the Dragon (US 129). Just have watch out for motorcycles in the curves. It is fun drive.
    I have notice the same with my 2008 MX-5. Only happens when backing out of the garage. I would be interested in hearing from others on this.
  • white_miata06white_miata06 Member Posts: 15
    This should be an FAQ someplace.
    In summary:
    The good news is this is completely normal.
    The bad news is that this is completely normal because you dont drive your car enough!! shame on you! ;-)

This is due to oxidation which builds up over time on your between your rotors and pads. If you dont use the brakes for a while you will get the squeal due to this build up. If will stop squeezing after a few days of "regular" driving and braking. You may confirm this by calling your Mazda dealer and asking someone in the service department. You will get pretty much the same response.
    You dont state what milage you actually get. Hope you are not mixing up milage with range. The gas tank on the Miata is tiny so the range is terrible. But the milage should be good. If it isn't around 27+ then go take it into the dealer to get it looked at.. I assume it is still under warranty.
    My rotors rusted and they kept it over night and set me up in a loaner while they got the rust off and spray painted them back to original. All 4 were rusty! Get it fixed while it's under warranty or you'll be stuck with it.
    It's the same with our car, when the wife leaves and is backing out of the garage she gets the squeal everytime she applies the brakes. This is just from being parked overnight, and the car has not been washed or rained on it so I can't figure why this happens. I certainly noticed that after a wash the discs start to show a rust film in a very short period of time. I drove it today and no noise when applying brakes when coming to a stop and she confirmed that it only seems to happen when backing out after the car has sat overnight. Not a big thing, but it makes it hard to seek her car out in the early morning if I want to take it for a drive. Maybe over time with enough applications in reverse it will disappear, time will tell, only have 900 miles on it, not even broken in.
    This oxidation that you speak of must occur overnight, cause the car is driven everyday, if for only short trips. Parked in the garage with everything dry and by morning when backing out the squeal monster rears it's ugly head.
    it has something to do with they way the metallics in the pads react to metal rotors.

read this:
    http://www.trustmymechanic.com/htmlmessage9.html
    They fixed mine since I had under 12k miles on it...If anyone else is experiencing RUST on your rotors, take it back to your dealership's service department so they can fix it.
    I just had my disc brakes replaced and they are now squealing. My auto mechanic says this is normal, why did I have to pay for "normal brake squeal?" Is he just blowing me off?
    Great Site,
    Glenda T.

FANTASTIC AUTO INSURANCE
    Are You OVERPAYING?
    Zip Code:

This unfortunately can happen more than you or I want it to. A certain amount of high-pitched brake noise is considered "normal" these days because of the harder semi-metallic brake pads that are used on cars now. In my experience, the smaller cars like Honda and Toyota seem to have the most trouble with this. Squeals heard the first few stops in the morning when the brakes are cold and somewhat damp from dew, and squeals that are heard the last few feet while coming to a stop are usually nothing to worry about.

Semi-metallic brakes are made of bits of metal shavings in place of the asbestos material that has been banned by the U.S. government. These semi-metallic brakes have great stopping power and have a long wear life, but can cause a high-pitched squeal that drives car owners crazy and frustrates mechanics who can't get it to go away to please their customers.

When are squeals not a problem?
    Some brands of semi-metallic pads are inherently noisier than others because of the ingredients used in the manufacture of the friction material. Think of it this way, the longer life pads or pads that claim to have more stopping power usually contain more metallic material. Yes, they will last longer and could enhance braking but the chance of causing a squeal noise is very high. The squealing noise that might be caused from use of these pads does not affect braking performance and does not indicate a brake problem.

Brake squeal is caused by vibration between the brake pads, rotors, and calipers. Having the brake rotors refinished or trued (machining a small layer of the metal away from the brake rotor to make it smooth and "true" again) and a thin layer of a silicone compound placed on the back of the brake pads are a great way to reduce the squeal if the semi-metallic pads are the culprit of the noise and not due to a worn out brake pad.

Why does this squeal happen anyway?
    The brake rotor is the round metal object that the brake pads squeeze together like the white part of an Oreo cookie. The rotor is metal and has a smooth slick finish, and the brake pads are made of metal shavings and also have a smooth somewhat slick finish. The more metallic material found in the pad the greater the chance for noise, and vise-versa.

The other type of brake pad is called organic. There is no metallic material used in this kind of brake pad. Organic style brake pads can only be used on vehicles that are specifically designed to use them. Improper use of organic pads on a vehicle designed to use semi-metallic can severely reduce stopping ability. Organic pads are softer than semi metallic and usually do not have a squeal problem. Unfortunately due to shorter life expectancy, inability to stop larger vehicles, and the addition of substances like asbestos in their construction, they are not very widely used.

When are squeals signaling a problem?
    Sometimes brake squeals are an indication that maintenance is required. Some common conditions that cause brake noise are:

Heat cracked or worn "un-true" rotors

Rough finish on resurfaced rotors

Loose fitting brake pads in the caliper

Lack of silicone compound on back of brake pad

Missing springs or anti-rattle clips that should be on the caliper or pad

Improper tightening sequence of lug nuts or caliper hardware

Most GM cars are equipped with a small thin piece of metal attached to the brake pad to act as a warning indicator when the pad material is getting low and the brake pads should be replaced. This inexpensive warning device can be deceiving though, because this warning noise is present when the brakes are not depressed. When the brakes are applied, the warning noise goes away because the indicator has now been forced against the brake rotor and is not able to vibrate which causes this whistling noise.

If you hear disc brake noises other than a squeal, it could mean your brake pads are worn out and need to be replaced. If your brake pedal feels different than normal or if you've noticed any change in the way your vehicle brakes (pulls to one side when braking or requires more pressure on the brake pedal), have the brake system inspected at once.

What should I do?
    What can you do as a customer to reduce the chance of squealing brakes? First of all, noisy brakes should always be inspected to make sure there isn't a problem with the braking system. If the pads have worn down to the point where metal-to-metal contact is occurring, your vehicle may not be able to stop safely, and you may damage the brake rotors or drums to the point where they have to be replaced. Sometimes a few harder-than-normal stops can "de-glaze" the brake pads and help reduce the squealing noise for a while.

There are many aftermarket brake pads that claim to be "quiet" or have been "designed" for import and front wheel drive vehicles that you can choose from. Personally, I have had the best luck replacing the brake pads on small vehicles like Honda and Toyota with original equipment pads from the dealership rather than using aftermarket brands. It is usually more expensive to purchase these pads from the dealership, but the quality is much better. I am an independent shop owner and my whole business philosophy is to buy as little as possible from dealerships, but after trying many squealing aftermarket brake pads, I have learned my lesson and pay the extra money.
    Learn more about brakes and auto repair

FANTASTIC AUTO INSURANCE
    Are You OVERPAYING?
    Zip Code:

Blessings,
    auto insurance

Austin C. Davis
    The Honest Mechanic

Other visitors found these articles interesting too
    How to handle an insurance company and body shop
    Do you really flush the brake fluid?
    How to find an honest mechanic
    A used car horror story
    Are you prepared for a car accident?
    I think I need a new car?
    Where can I get a used Japanese motor?
    What is a brake master cylinder?
    There is smoke coming out my tailpipe - what does this mean?
    Do I really need to buy an extended auto warranty?
    Why does my car shake when I step on the brake?
    What is "insurability"?
    My air conditioner is not cold any more...why?
    I want a cheap used car!
    Help - my car won't start
    What causes my engine to overheat
    What exactly does a tune up consist of and how much should it cost?
    My check engine light comes on - what does it mean?
    Shop and compare Houston Auto Insurance
    How to get a low rate auto loan?
    misspellings - disk brakes, disc breaks, breaks
    The car is driven everyday. Still have the squeal problem when backing out of the garage. This should not be normal on any vehicle. I have a 2008 Honda Accord sitting next to the 2008 Miata and it does not squeal, even when it hasn't been driven for a couple of days. :(
This discussion has been closed.