Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Compare Azera with The Santa Fe

oskidunker1oskidunker1 Member Posts: 213
edited March 2014 in Hyundai
If someone has driven both, I would be interested in opinions.I lean towards the luxury but would like the 4 wheel drive like my Audi.also maybe my leg would be better in an SUV(never had one)

Comments

• tinydog1tinydog1 Member Posts: 83
    I own both, an 06 Azera Limited and 07 Santa Fe Limited. They are 2 very distinct drives. The Azera is quiet and very smooth. The SF is slightly firmer riding and also very quiet. While both are decently luxurious the Azera is more so. I love both. The SF is my daily driver so it is quite a treat when I take the Azera out. The SF handles just like a sedan that I often forget it's actually an SUV. This is also my first SUV and have not regretted the purchase.
  • dborthdborth Member Posts: 474
    I have an '07 Azera. The wife has an '02 Santa Fe. I was all set to trade her up to an '07 Santa Fe as we really don't need the 3-row size of the new 3.8 Veracruz. Then I stumble across the '07 Kia Sorento. About the same size as the S.F. but has the 3.8 instead of the 3.3 used in the Sonata. It also offers RWD.

Any comments from those in the know will be appreciated.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Santa Fe or Tucson??
  • mpuzachmpuzach Member Posts: 635
    Het oskidunker1, it's good to see you here! Mpuzach here, one of your Audiworld.com comrades in the North Bay. (I sold my 2003 A6 4.2, which I bought from Rector, 2 years ago and replaced it with a new Corvette which I still have.) Anyway, to your question...

I bought a new Santa Fe Limited AWD 2 months ago for use as a daily driver. (Replaced a company-leased XC90 AWD which I had to give back when I left the company.) I've never driven an Azera so I can't make that comparison. I've got to say, though, that the Santa Fe is sweet. After 2 months and 2500 miles, I conrinue to be impressed by its features, comfort, and quality. If you haven't already done so, I encourage you to take a test drive. You'll find that most of the small features you're used to in your Audi (illuminated steering wheel audio controls, illuminated vanity mirrors, HomeLink, auto-dimming inside mirror, map lights, driver's seat power lumbar adjustment) are there. The only big omissions are lack of available navigation and xenons.

I don't know exactly where you're located but if you like, I'd be happy to meet you somewhere in the north or east bay and you can drive mine. Hope all is well.

- Mike
  • oskidunker1oskidunker1 Member Posts: 213
    Please email me and we can set up a time to meet. my office is in San Mateo. I would love to drive your car and get your opinions vs the A6.

Mike

my email here is active
This discussion has been closed.