Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Azera 2008

oskidunker1oskidunker1 Member Posts: 213
As to when the y will be out. No one will give me a straight answer. With 07 inventory low, you would think soon.

Comments

• floridabob1floridabob1 Member Posts: 1,190
    RE; 1
    07 was released at different times into US market.
    Florida received 07's almost 3 months later than western and mid west states.
  • gamlegedgamleged Member Posts: 442
    Who gets 'em first will then likely depend on the still unsold number of 2007s in a given area, with the 2008s going where there are few 2007s left over...
  • dborthdborth Member Posts: 474
    I would be amazed if there IS an '08 Azera. US sales of '06 & '07's were / are pathetic. What a shame too for such an outstanding value vehicle.

Hyundai marketing did a lousy job, and the dealers in large part couldn't figure out what the car was / is in the lineup.
  • crazymacrazyma Member Posts: 20
    I was at my dealer this weekend. They only had one Azera on the lot and it was reduced because it was an '07. Salesman said the '08s would be in this week and to come back this weekend to test drive one. I don't know if that is true, but I don't have any reason to think it isn't. I was suprised because I had not heard anything about it.
  • jaymagicjaymagic Member Posts: 309
    Don't know what you are smoking dborth, but I have never seen more than three new Azeras on my dealer's lot at any one time and usually it is less. My dealer, Araphoe Hyundai in Denver, sells more Hyundais than another Colorado dealership and they are Hyundai only. The sales manager would be thrilled to have more to sell above their allocation. Remember the Azera in Korea is a Grandeur and there are frankly not that many available, built for the USA.
    RE: 5
    I can't believe that your dealer is getting 08 Azeras next week.
    I haven't heard that they are even in production yet.
    Has anyone heard anything different?
    To jaymagic: In response to your question, Basic 100's in the flip top box. Beyond that, you obviously didn't read my post. I said "dealers in large part". I'll go over that real slow for you. Large part means "many", not "all". If Araphoe is an exception, bully for them and you. Additionally, we all know Azera here is a Grandeur there. "Lousy Hyundai Marketing" means there was a total failure to properly launch the US version to capture available market share. My post was associated with "2008 Azera", and using the '07 & '07 as examples, why would Korea bother with an '08? Have Arapahoe contact Ladin Linc/Merc/Hyundai in Thousand Oaks, CA. They had 9 on the lot 2 weeks ago.
    Speaking of basic, since when does one equal many??? Get a source for how many Azera's are produced versus number sold and then get back to us when you have any facts to share versus unsupported opinions. ;)
    Some info on the upcoming Genesis and the addition of the LG navigation option for the Veracruz, may foreshadow what is coming for the 08 Azera. Very little has been released on anything about the 08 Azera by Hyundai, including when. There have been no auto show announcements or showings yet, which says to me that its release is not imminent. I would expect something like a late October release.

I have read info that says that the 3.8L engine for the coming Genesis (Spring 2008) will be 290 hp. My guess is that Hyundai will want to keep the Azera on regular versus premium fuel, so I am guessing that the current Azera hp will be bumped to only around 275 hp.

With the addition of the LG Nav system, Bluetooth will be offered shortly on the Veracruz, so it makes sense that this will also be an option on the Azera for 08.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Besides becoming unnecessarily confrontational, this is getting off-topic, so let's drop it please.
    Then I (we) can continue to post personal opinions?
    Well of course! That's what these discussions are about. But please keep those personal opinions on topic! :P
    Thanks, Pat. I will do so, and encourage other psrticipants to do likewise, with or without "supporting documentation."
  • grayfoxgrayfox Member Posts: 166
    Pat, is it possible for me to delete certain subjects in the list in which I am not at all interested?
    Thanks, Grayfox
    Probably, but I guess I'm not sure what list you mean. Have a look at the Help file linked at the bottom of the page and see if that helps. If it doesn't, email me with more details about what you want to do and I'll be glad to help you figure it out.
  • grayfoxgrayfox Member Posts: 166
    Pat, I was referring to the list of Discussion Titles. There are certain subjects that are absolutely of no interest to me and come up with new entries daily. I'd simply like to trim the list to eliminate those superfluous titles.
    The thing is I don't know where you are looking. There are lots of places you could be seeing this.

The best thing to do is use the Tracking options to keep track of what you want to read and ignore what you don't. Again, the help files will explain this.

Email me if we need to continue. I want to help, but we need to work on this off-line so we don't derail this discussion. :)
    Love it!
  • oskidunker1oskidunker1 Member Posts: 213
    Maybe the front end clunk will be gone with the 08's? I am hesitant to buy an 07 after reading about this. Is there an 07 build date I go go with if I get a good deal?
    Now thats what I call backing up an opinion. Great link -- Thanks.
    Has anyone heard any more about the 08 Azera?
    When will it be introduced and what , if any, changes will be made?
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    Navigation is one of them.
    The current issue of Motor Trend (Sept) has information on the '08 Azera, page 124.
    RE:
    What is source of information regarding navigation in 08 Azera?
  • johnbaxter1johnbaxter1 Member Posts: 12
    As previously stated:Azeras are as scarce as albino crows
    in this New York-New Jersey metropolitan regionof many
    millions of car owners,and,clearly potential car buyers.
    Hyundai has to fess up to the reality that the product
    as currently supported is a well kept secret about a
    car that appears to be headed to oblivion and should
    enjoy much better promotional support lest it is
    phased out!
  • oskidunker1oskidunker1 Member Posts: 213
    How about posting the information. I have been to the Library, the bookstore and tried on line with no ability to see the Sept Motor Trend magazine. It is not yet available on the west Coast.Do a scan and a copy and paste of the page or if you can email it to me, I would be very grateful.
    Send to oskidunker01@aol.com.

Note to administrator: PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THIS. IT IS AN EMAIL I RARELY USE. I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT SPAM OR ANYTHING ELSE. Thank You for your understanding.
    RE # 29: "Sept Motor Trend magazine. It is not yet available on the west Coast.Do a scan and a copy and paste of the page or if you can email it to me, I would be very grateful"

Well, first of all I live in So. CA and received it in the mail earlier this week. In any event, check the e-mail addy. you supplied above.
    Hyundai. Navigation is confirmed, it's a LG unit. Among others, trims will be shuffled as well.
  • rsursu Member Posts: 1
    Yes i have the 08 azera, and its awesome.I live in UAE.
    Great interiors with a very good Infinity music player,navigation and rear parking camera with sensors.
    Great price and looks like the Beamer 7 series
  • 101649101649 Member Posts: 192
    I don't think he knows the difference between "GLS" and "GPS" Nothing in the MT about nav.
  • cdmuilecdmuile Member Posts: 152
    rsu,
    I'm in the US. Sounds like we will be getting the available options piece by piece. We would love to have the rearview camera and nav system. Is the 3.8 engine available in the UAE? mpgs shouldn't be of much concern there. The 3.8 is a real stormer!
    I take it you were talking to me (??)

You don't have to believe me but Hyundai will have three vehicles available with navigation for the 2008MY in the United States: Veracruz, Santa Fe and Azera. Notice I didn't mention the BH, since that model is expected to release as a 2009. And on a sidenote, from the latest spy shots, the BH has received a new/updated interior prior to launch, with Audi-like MMI system (knob control), and if that's the case, different than the particular LG unit which is expected to be available with 3 08s, with touch screens.

While you were mentioning trim names, let me throw you another bone, one trim of the current Azera will be phased out for 2008...
    Can you tell us how you know these things?
    Through a contact but it looks like Hyundai has given us greenlight:

http://www.hyundainews.com/Media_Kits/2008_Models/Azera/Features.asp

Scroll down, there is a section called "NAVIGATION SYSTEM" and within the section:

"LG navigation system with premium Infinity Logic 7 surround sound audio system"

No press release yet but if you'd notice, the SE trim is killed.

PS:

2) Santa Fe (no press release yet either) - http://www.hyundainews.com/Media_Kits/2008_Models/Santa_Fe/Features.asp

3) Veracruz - http://www.hyundainews.com/Media_Kits/2008_Models/Veracruz/Press_Release.asp
    Based on the media release kit offered by joe97, it looks like the only addition for the 08 Azera is the LG Nav system.
    No smart key, lazar cruise control, blue tooth, tilting in reverse side mirrors, back up camera or warning signal, vented seats, wood trim package, tire pressure monitor etc.
    Very disappointing!
    This is where the BH will come into play, as the vehicle slides nicely above the Azera.

I don't think Navi will be the only addition. We'll lookout for the press release, which will explain the changes for 2008 (minor as expected). TPMS is one that should be implemented, heck it's going to be standard on the 08 Accent.
  • zredsoxzredsox Member Posts: 90
    Based on the media release kit offered by joe97, it looks like the only addition for the 08 Azera is the LG Nav system.
    No smart key, lazar cruise control, blue tooth, tilting in reverse side mirrors, back up camera or warning signal, vented seats, wood trim package, tire pressure monitor etc.
    Very disappointing!

Bob -

That link given by joe97 does list the tire pressure monitoring system as available on the 2008 Azera. But, you're right about the other items.

Don
    re # 38: it looks like the only addition for the 08 Azera is the LG Nav system.

But, Nav. is what you have been asking for bob, and now you have it.

Hyundai is damn good at confusing their production and marketing departments. Give the arabs everything in the Azera, mess with the US by setting us up with all the goodies with Genesis. It's called "upgrade".
  • robishawrobishaw Member Posts: 1
    Finally the long awaited NAV system: it is long overdue. I can't help but think 08 might be the last year for the Azzie as the new Genesis is just around the corner. I think Hyundai never really intended to put the nav (and all the other overseas options) in it; they are letting the Azzie slide until the Genesis appears on the scene. The Nav is a good thing as that is what the consumer wants - whether they need it or not (and frankly I like it). The Genesis will steel the thunder away from the Azera and it will go the way of the XG350. I can't imagine a lineup with Sonata, Azera and Genesis. Gensis will be the turning point for Hyundai in that I feel they will come to bat with an impressive machine - more so than the wonderful Sonata and Azera. I look forward to the Genesis and that is where I place my bets.
  • richdagrichdag Member Posts: 37
    The tire pressure monitor system is already on the newer 2007s that have XM.

Rich in FL. :shades:
    I'm sure I've just missed it, but what is the "BH"?
    Hyundai model build code for the Genesis is BH. For example, TG is the build code for the Azera.
    LOL, I think you have it all wrong. The Genesis (or whatever) will be a larger RWD sport/luxury sedan and will serve as a platform for several new models, including performance models and coupes. The Azera is a large FWD lux sedan (which shares a platform with the Sonata), like the Avalon (and Camry), and is aimed at a much different market.

Just as Toyota is careful not to give the Avalon so many features, that it cuts into Lexus sales, I expect Hyundai to do much the same with the Azera/Genesis.

I am one that does not really want a NAV system. I can look up a lot of locations on Mapquest for $2K. The only upgrade I would really be interested in seeing is HID lights and my guess is that those will come one day on the Azera. You can buy a back up wireless camera kit, with screen, from Walmart for under $150. So, it may well be that this capability would be added to the Azzy, with a NAV system, as it does not add a lot of cost to build.

People who buy the Azera are looking for major bang for the buck. If we wanted every tech advance out there, we wouldn't be buying Azera's in the first place, nor would we be paying Azera pricing.
    RE: 41
    I'm not going to trade in my car for the addition of only a Nav system, although I might be tempted to again change audio systems, if the LG has blue tooth and Ipod input and display.
    My disappointment is that the company has still failed to introduce to the US market features that have been available in South Korea and the mid east for the past 2 years.
    The introduction of the Genesis to the US market, if and when it comes, has nothing to do with the Azera. Two completely different concepts. Front wheel vs. rear wheel, different power systems, and different price points.
    There is a reason why the Azera is spec'd this way for the US market, and differently in other markets. The US market is probably one of the most complicated, competitive, and fiercest in the whole world, if not THE most. Given Hyundai's past history in the US, which is still prevalent today, you can't just come out of the gate and offer a $35-40K Azera (with those desired options) and expect have any kind of success like Toyota enjoys with the Avalon. Hyundai is playing same game as Toyota back when they were not viewed as positive as they are today. Hyundai is slowly gaining its reputation by making quality and reliable vehicles. Sure I want these equipment just as many others in here do, which by the way is not hard at all for Hyundai to upgrade, as they are all available. But, Hyundai probably figured it was not a sound financial decision initially. They still have a tough time convince some buyers to buy a 30K Hyundai, which many of us here know the Azera is a great vehicle, very much competitive with the rest of the class.

PS: the Azera isn't going anywhere, at least not for a few years.
    PS: "the Azera isn't going anywhere"

If by that you refer to Azera sales, you are quite right.
    RE: 48
    IMO if Hyundai doesn't upgrade Azera to compete with the options included in vehicles such as Avalon, it will never increase market share and will fade away.
    Almost all manufactures, including Hyundai in it's cheaper models, now offer most of toys such as Bluetooth, Ipod integration and "smart key".
  • msazzyindcmsazzyindc Member Posts: 118
    At the dealership on Sat. I saw that they have the ipod connection new for the kenwood (optional accessory)in the sonata so the Azzy should be next ;)
    Does anyone know if Hyundai is going to use the LG Lan-9600R navigation system in the 08 Azera?