Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Veracruz Initial Quality

Comments

• hvcownerhvcowner Member Posts: 36
    Oops - - I guess I did have one problem. I encountered this issue with the gas cap tether too. I don't really care much about it, but it pretty much comes off most times I get gas.
  • jimmyz4jimmyz4 Member Posts: 25
    hvcowner.....notice the gas cap has two notches on it. If you make sure that they are parallel to the ground, and place it in the gas cap holder, it works every time and you should not have the problem with the gas cap tether.

Now have 1100 miles on my VC and it has behaved admirably. A great car! I have no other problems of any kind to report.

Mileage great considering it has been very hot in Florida and the AC worked overtime. I got 21.5 on a recent trip to Miami and back. You have to drive Hwy 95 at about 75 MPH to keep from getting run over. I suspect too, it will go up with time. AWD takes off about 1 MPG too.
  • cplyonscplyons Member Posts: 20
    Our 2007 Limited appears to have left the factory in deliverable condition, but the final prep the dealer is charged with was spotty at best...

1. Plastic wrap still adhered to several surfaces (including sunroof bumper, which howled like a banshee when opened at speed).

2. Windshield washer fluid tank not filled.

3. Worst: Tires left at factory psi. As you probably know, Hyundai ships Korean built cars with the tires overinflated by a factor of 50%, to prevent flat spots from occurring while getting to the dealer. A main deliverable for the dealer is to make sure the tires have been deflated to the correct psi before customer takes car. Well, I forgot this and was wondering for most of the first week why the ride was harsh and jittery... and sure enough, all four tires were inflated to 45 pounds, when the tag on the doorsill recommends 30 psi. This is no big deal to correct, but is a bit dangerous left undiscovered in wet weather.

My buying experience was great with this dealer... the delivery not so hot. And this is one of Hyundai's better stores. They have a lot of work to do getting their dealers up to the level of their products...
    I took delivery of my VC about two weeks ago. I have since driven it from South Florida to North Carolina mountains. I have 2150 miles on it.

Being a previous Lexus owner, I was somewhat concerned about my decision to buy a Hyundai. Could it really be very close to and in some respects superior to a Lexus as Motor Trend report concluded?

I am happy to say, YES!

I bought a 2007 Silver/Saddle VC Limited with Ultimate package. The car has honestly not only lived up to MT observations in their report, it has provided some little surprises.

It is as quiet as advertised - like a library as someone said. You are in a comfortable, well though out cockpit where everything is within easy reach. The upscale stereo with XM is fantastic. The miles just roll by. I find it a very comfortable car to drive and find that am not as fatigued as my RX300. What that is due to, I don't know. I just know it is true. If you have a VC, you will know exactly what I mean. It seems to follow the road with little effort.

There are things unexplained that become musts. One is the keyless option. I must say, I had to adapt to "not using a key" and keeping it in my pocket. Until you have one and use it you realize that like the garage door opener, it is on the must have, cool option.

Another feature - the automatic rear door. It is not the effort that it saves, it is just that it is so handy. I am not a soccer Mom, but, I can only imagine the attraction to loading a car and simply pushing a button to open and close the rear door.

My very favorite - the autosense windsheild wipers. At first, I thought that it was not possible for that to work right. Well, it does, and is amazing. The speed of the wipers varies with the amount of rain. Really. Amazing.

Surely, you don't buy a car for the above three gadgety options. Le't go to the car itself.

It is no sports car, but, I did not have that expectation. It is a great all around driving experience, which is what I was looking for. The 6 speed Japanese transmission is superb! Talk about smooth. You have to concentrate to feel the shift points and then you miss some at that. I suspect that six speed transmission also contributes to some very respectable mileage. It has plenty of power and keeps up with the best of them when it has to. It has silent horses under the hood.

Mileagewise, I get 19 in town and 22.5 on the road with the AC running. I must admit, I am no leadfoot and when on the open highways set the cruise at 75 in a 70 zone and let the speeders go around me. I am totally pleased with the mileage. I suspect that in mild climate, 24 or 25 on the road might be attainable.

I did find one minor defect that was the fault of the delivering dealer. The Limited has a 1/2 inch chrome strip around each side window. In order to protect in shipping, Hyundai puts a black rubber cover which looks like a normal black strip on some cars. On our trip, the car developed a rattle near the passenger door. It started out erratic and moved on to really annoying. I pulled over and did not notice anything. After 10 more miles, I pulled over again. Sure enough, part of the rubber covering had come loose and was waving in the wind against the car, thus the noise. I ripped it off and checked the other windows. There was one more strip covered with the protective rubber. Also, in the sun roof they left a blue protective strip too.

I guess if that is my only complaint about the car, it's pretty good.

I am really enjoying the VC and compliment Hyundai on a job well done. Actually, a job very well done!

I am a former Lexus owner - RX300, that I just sold today. It served me very well for 7 years. Lexus is Lexus. You pay a lot, and in turn you get an excellent car.

But, Hyundai has somehow figured out just what turns drivers on and has produced it at a very favorable price for what you get. I recommend the Veracruz highly. They got it right.
  • ssvcssvc Member Posts: 12
    Mine moves also. I'm sure it is designed that way.
    My 2008 Limited is three weeks old. I have 1200 miles on it. I have had no problems at all except that the tires were overinflated as someone else pointed out. My dealer - Fitzgerald Auto Mall in Gaithersburg, MD - was fantastic. I highly recommend them for the honest and competant way they do business.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You may be interested in writing a Dealer Rating and Review.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • carbuyer11carbuyer11 Member Posts: 114
    As the weather cools down, I have begun to notice some dashboard rattles when my 3 month old Veracruz hits bumps. I haven't been able to isolate the problem but I have noticed that the front trim around the center stack creaks when I press on it. Also, my center console cover creaks whenever I lean on it and I'm noticing wear on the leather (or is it "pleather") that covers the console. Is this why we're all paying less for a Hyundai vs. a traditional Japanese brand? Any input from other owners?
  • cplyonscplyons Member Posts: 20
    I have no comment on my dead-silent new Veracruz (other than it's only a matter of time before something starts to squeak and rattle), but I will say that my top-rated 2005 Acura TL was a rattletrap from day one. It was a great car though... Your dealer will make "adjustments" to whatever you can pinpoint as a cause for the noise for 12K miles or a year.
  • mjb56mjb56 Member Posts: 170
    I've been noticing some rattles too. Mostly around the glove box area. I'm also having some looseness in the drivers seat. Like something is moving back and forth when I take a turn or come to a stop. I'll have it addressed at the next oil change. Otherwise 4400 mi. and no other issues.
  • msudawgmsudawg Member Posts: 4
    Just returned from a trip to the Outer Banks. We folded the second and third row of seats down so that we could lay down in the back during the 2 hour ferry ride off of the island. When we got home, I tried to return the second row of seats to the upright position. I was unable to do so because the center seat belt had become locked in place. My wife brought it to the dealership and they were able to release the seatbelt. They told her that the plastic clip on the webbing was too small and they would have to replace it with a larger one that wouldn't get stuck. Anyone else experience the same problem?
  • whenindowtwhenindowt Member Posts: 15
    Wow, I love this forum. After reading all of these posts I went and checked my 07 with 220 miles. Sure enough, there was still plastic protective wrap on some of the seats and other surfaces and all 4 tires had 40 psi in them. Keep the good posts coming!

My only other gripe? The headlights are aimed at the moon. I started a seperate thread since I am certain I'm not the only one who will want to know the secret adjuster.
  • austx37austx37 Member Posts: 18
    What is the correct psi for the tires?

Also, I noticed the rattle/creak around the dashboard/glovebox area the first day I drove my Veracruz home. I'm a worry wart on the Hyundai quality (previous Honda owner so taking a chance like most other new Veracruz owners), so I think I'm extra sensitive to anything that goes wrong. Anyway, I lightened the load in the glove box and the creaking is minimal now. It's a bit silly I even have to unload the items in the glovebox (what's the point of it then?!) but, it did help the creaking sound get better.

I haven't even noticed the headlights are too high, but you know I have had several people flash their brights at me at night as if mine are on, but they're not. I bet it's the high lights bothering other drivers. Oh well, I'll just check back in and see if anyone figures it out on this forum. I love hearing from all of you, I only know one other Veracruz owner in town and I rarely see them on the road (which is fun for me, I can show mine off). :shades:
    I know exactly where your "worry wart" comments are coming from. I've owned 5 Hondas since 1999 prior to taking the plunge with Hyundai. While Hondas aren't perfect (no car is), it's tough to replace the feeling of contentment a Honda owner usually has. Just turn the key and drive in carefree enjoyment. And now, when things aren't exactly perfect in the Veracruz, the little voice in my head just keeps saying: "It's not a Honda".
    Concerning the headlights, I have just the opposite experience. The VC's headlights have a pretty severe cutoff in height coverage. In fact, CR stated the same thing when they reviewed the Veracruz. Maybe my lights need to be adjusted in the opposite direction. Nobody has ever flashed their headlights in my direction.
    Carbuyer11.....I come from having a Lexus RX300 and I spent a few sleepless nights when I made the decision to buy the VC. I have about 2500 miles on my 2007 Limited w/Ultra and thankfully have not experienced anything out of the ordinary and am 100% pleased with the car so far.

Things I really love:

1. Interior design and space [VERY comfortable]
    2. Sound system [unbelievable]
    3. Keyless fob entry [will never be without it]
    4. Six speed transmission [smooth as silk, really]
    5. Automatic rain sensing wipers [yes, they work]
    6. Built in XM radio [shortens long trips]
    7. A very relaxed driving experience [less tiring than my RX300 - can't explain it, but, it just is]

No headlight problems either. That is a simple dealer adjustment if you need it. Or glove compartment rattles.

I did have a small problem with a rattle on the side window, but, that turned out to be protective rubber on the chrome strip that dealer forgot to remove. It fits so well, that it is hard to tell it has to be removed. Also from another window on the driver' side and they left some protective plastic in the sunroof as well.

While it is a small aggravation, it is nice to see that Hyundai cares by making sure that things don't get damaged in transit. The outside of the car is also covered with plastic during shipping.

Totally satisfied VC buyer.
  • posystmposystm Member Posts: 34
    Just wanted to let everyone know the items that need correcting on my new VC SE. Some, (most) should have been spotted by the dealer.

1. The sunglass/dome light assy was pulled away from the headliner on the drivers side about a 1/4", they have to order a new one.

2. Dealer botch-as most dealers do, they etch id number on the glass of all new cars, the drivers rear glass had an acid burn about 3/8" round next to the etched numbers. They will probobly have to replace the glass, although they want the guy who does the etching to look at it first.

3. The tire pressure-as someone has said, all were at 47psi.

4. The black gasket on the lower part of the headlight where the headlight meets the front fender is missing or pushed in on the passenger side and the fender seems to be pulled away from the headlight about an 1/8", will bring to their attention next visit. Wonder if when they pulled the plastic from the fender, they did it.

5. There is a faint rumbling when I apply the brakes firmly , Ill give it a week to see if its the pads/rotor setting. Cant really tell if its the brakes or maybe alignment.

Other than that I love the car, wish I had gotten leather, maybe order from Korean Imports and have it installed.
  • aabruzzeseaabruzzese Member Posts: 16
    posystm, I hope this helps you on item #5 about the brake rumbling.

I noticed the same when I test drove mine. Have your dealer check the brakes, the rotors will probably need to be turned down. My father bought an XG350 a few years ago and he had the same problem. That's how I knew about it. I mentioned the problem to the salesman at my dealer and he had the mechanics check when they prepped the car for me. Sure enough, they had to turn them down and it's been fine ever since.
    msudawg, thanks for your comment about the headlights. I thought I was imagining it. I'm going to make sure I have the dealer check their aim on my next oil change. Someone else here mentioned having other drivers flash their lights at them. That's happened to me also. The tops of the trees look pretty lit up at night though! lol
    I was wondering what others have received regarding quality surveys. So far I've had 3 phone calls and received a 'booklet' (a 7 page survey) in the mail today.

They seem extremely interested in feedback with this model. The phone calls didn't seem to be from one of those 'hired' survey companies. When they are given an answer to a question, they ask for details. Not something a hired company would typically do.

I've had my VC for 3 months, about 5000 miles and (knock on wood) not a single complaint.

In regard to the survey I received today, I didn't know I'd be getting homework with my purchase! :)
    Thanks aabrzzese, stopped at the dealer this morning to complain about #4 on my list (dealer is ordering new headlight assy and a new drivers rear glass for #2). When I mentioned the rumbling, he said the same thing, may have to resurface the rotors.

On the positive side, dealer seemed ready, and willing to get these things fixed, but it I will lose the car for 2 days (dealer will provide loaner).

In reference to quality surveys, I picked up my car Wed, recieved a call on Thurs, asked them to call me back, I'd like to wait to see how my dealer was going to fix my issues.

When I went to one Hyundai dealer, there was a place card on every salesmans desk that said when you recieve the quality call, they would like a score of 10 or what they could do for you to get a 10.

At the dealer I purchased from, he asked if I was satisfied with him as my salesman, and if I could give him a 10 when I recieved the quality call.
    Posystm regarding the brakes noise you hear, this morning during some braking I noticed a click sound each time I braked at a stop sign. It seemed totally in time with each time I pushed on the brake pedal, but the clicking was coming from somewhere inside the internal area of the front of the car, not anywhere near my pedal, more like way down below the dashboard. I heard the click about 6 or 7 times but a few minutes later when I braked it went away. It hasn't happened again. Not sure if I want to take the VC into the dealer for 2 days of poking around if they can't re-create the incident. Was your sound a clicking or something different?
    No clicking here. Mine only haapens at speeds above 30 mph or so with firm braking. It is a fine rumbling, like when roads have perpendicular groves in the road to alert you of a toll booth, only much more subdued (if your in NY metro area you know what I mean)
    Hmm, okay thanks for the reply. I'll wait and see if I hear the clicking again, hopefully I won't.
    I've had these same couple of items. The glove box was adjusted and is mostly OK but still rattles a bit sometimes. I had the headlights adjusted and I don't get the oncoming driver flash anymore but there's a gap in lighting when I turn the brights on. I may have to get the brights adjusted too.
  • mkc99phdmkc99phd Member Posts: 5
    I have this exact same driver's seat issue. Sounds like something is loose. I too am going to have it looked at when I get the oil changed. Let me know what your dealer says.

MC
    They just tightened everything up that was loose and now it's fine. It was just a weird feeling having something clunking around under your seat. Whatever it was is now fixed and no problem.
  • gleppertgleppert Member Posts: 19
    To all VC owners. Have any of you test driven the Outlook? I won't have an opportunity to go to a Hyundai dealer for a few days, but I was wondering how the Tranny in the VC compares with the well-advertised transmission lag in the Outlook.

I am an Outlook owner. I was aware of the transmission but didn't think it would bother me. Wrong! After 3 updates, the transmission is less indecisive and downshifts accordingly, but it continues to irk me every time I approach a slight upgrade. Thankfully, I don't drive with the AC on (surprising for the Balto/Wash corridor) otherwise I'd be pulling my hair out! Driving up winding hills with the AC on is a nightmare!

I can live with the transmission. I can't, however, live with the pain in my back, leg and hip joint that developed a week after I bought the vehicle. Thought a simple seat adjustment would do the trick. Unfortunately, it hasn't. There is no explanation and no correction. It's an orthotic issue with me.

If I can get a good deal on a VC - and it's comfortable, first and foremost, and I like most everything else about it - and don't take a bath in trade, I am seriously thinking of getting rid of the Outlook.

Also, is there no punchlist for the dealers to check off regarding items at delivery? Sounds like the majority of you have tire pressure and unremoved plastic issues!

Anyway, would appreciate any feedback on the tranny and if any of you have comments regarding seat comfort. I realize it's a personal thing and I won't know till I get behind the wheel. I really do like the Outlook. I think it is ideal for our family which is why I bought it. Had no clue about the developed comfort issue as I did not experience it during any of the test drives. As much as I would like to keep the Outlook, 7 years of painful driving is not appealing to me. Thanks, GSL
  • elvispelvisp Member Posts: 5
    Hi All,

OK, so when I bought my VC two weeks ago in NJ, it was the end of the day. They did a quick detailing of the car, but they did not remove all the tape and glue from the chrome trim around the rear quarter windows. No problem, they gave me a "we owe" for another detailing.

Today, I go to get the detailing done, along with a look at the CD player and some "pulsing" brake issues.

While taking the tape and plastic off of the chrome trim, they scratch the chrome on both sides of the car! It's only 2 weeks old with less than 300 miles! To fix the problem they have to replace both rear quarter windows (yes, the chrome is part of the window).

Here's my question. Would you do it?

I hate the scratches, but they are small. I'm afraid of creating a problem of leaking windows years down the road. If I wanted these kinds of problems I would have bought a used car!

As for the CD player, they say it is operating normally. The problem is only with a few select CDs. I'll keep an eye on that.

They "turned" the front brakes, and that problem is fixed.

And, as may others have found, the tires were over inflated to 40 psi.

So far, the factory have done a good job, but the dealer has not!

I hope you are all having better luck.
    WOW, sounds like me. I too got mine about 2 wks ago in NJ(Sansone) Crappy dealer prep to say the least. They still have to repace(waiting for parts):

-passenger side headlamp assy-gasket pushed in where lamp meets fender
    -passenger rear quarter window-scrates on the rubber just above the chrome, I was thinking the same thing- replace or just leave it
    -drivers rear window-they bothed the window ething leaving an acid burn on the glass
    -sunglass/domelight assy-pulling away from the headliner

-brakes-same pulsing, however with 1500 miles now, it is dissapearing

As you said, dealers not doing their job.
    I've found the transmission to be quite smooth with appropriate shifts. I do get an occasional "bump" when coming to a stop but I've had that with most cars I've owned. The last, a Chrysler T&C, did the same with no problems ever resulting from it.

The seats are very comfortable. We just got back from a 6 hour straight drive and I had no back problems whatsoever. And I have a history of back issues, having had to sell a 2004 Sienna within 30 days of purchase because it was crippling me. (I think Toyota seats, in general, are killers.) The VC seats are rather firm but have good adjustments. Personally I like a firm seat and have problems with anything that sags too much. All you can do is take a good, long test drive. You'll know quite soon into the drive. Good luck.
    I have a 2008 Veracruz FWD Limited with 3000 miles on it. I bought it on August 24. So far I have had NO problems. This car is amazing. Here is what I like:

1. The quality is unbelievable. I did not know what to expect but I have been astonished about the quality for the price.

2. The 605 watt sound system is first class - especially the quality of the speakers.

3. The ride quality is perfect for me - although I did have to adjust the tire pressure as others have reported.

4. The car is QUIET - even with the sun roof fully open.

5. The engine and transmission are superb. I can't believe the passing power I have coupled with the gas mileage. I just took a 400 mile trip and got 23.6 MPG.

6. The 18 inch Michelin tires coupled with the suspension components deliver a very secure feeling especially on Interstate roads when passing large trucks.

7. I could not buy another car without a smart key feature. I love it.

8. The car is practically automatic - auto temperature control, auto rain sensing windshield wipers, auto headlights, smart key system, auto dimming rear view and side view mirrors, etc

9. The solar glass used in the windshield, driver and passenger windows take the edge off sunlight during a bright, sunny day. I can get by without using sun glasses most of the time.

I was hesitant to buy a Hyundai but now I am a believer. I don't know how they were able to make such a quick transition to high quality but they did as far as I am concerned.
  • wpewpe Member Posts: 9
    Very well stated. I agree on all points.

My only complaints: suspension could be beefier...you feel the bumps; and wind noise at highway speeds.
  • dvinay12dvinay12 Member Posts: 20
    I wonder how did you get 2008 VC in august.
    Anways I got VC SE, all good qualities except average..The trip computer shows improvement from 6 to 10.5. I hope it goes up and up. city driving and gental. I had small peanut size dent on the back bumper and discovered after delivery. Dealer fixed it. Looks as if it wasn't there. Rest no complains..Very smooth and plush.
  • elvispelvisp Member Posts: 5
    Hey posystm,

What did you do about your back windows?

I'm thinking about leaving it alone. I'm just too worried about leaky windows 6-7 years down the road.

But, I think I should get some sort of compensation from the dealer. I'm planning on calling the dealerships G.M. about this issue. Not sure what we will be able to work out.
    The dealer is waiting on the window, when I bring it in I will be very specific about what I expect like looking PERFECT like the original does (less the sctratches of course) If he tells me it will be PERFECT, then I will let them change it, other wise I'll skip it. Mine has scratches on the rubber, no one would notice unless I point it out, but hey, it's a brand new car. At that visit they also have to replace the drivers rear glass, pass headlight assy and the dome light assy so they want to do everything at once.
  • ainot34ainot34 Member Posts: 2
    Regarding the seatbelt locking YES that happened to me

I got New Veracruz in August and the very next day my mom was showing my car off to my aunt and my 2nd row seat middle seatbelt locked and I could not get the seat up

I called the dealer the next day and they had me come right in, they unlocked it but it did it again

Turns out it is a recall the retractor is too big or something and they did fix it for me.

So yes have them fix it

Other than that no problems with my very 1st Hyundai - I get my 1st oil change on Tuesday next week.
  • rottencarrottencar Member Posts: 5
    I have had the run around with the Hyunda factory rep.over a differential problem in the transaxle of my Vera Cruz, plus other problems like the thumping noise in the rear axles from the struts and the list goes on.The rear hatch likes to open when you sit down with key in pocket and your within several hundred feet of the car, the buttons on key stick out instead of being recessed same goe's for the steering wheel has a nasty habit of killing cruise control and radio while driving.I should have looked closer and test drove it longer.I spend as much as I would have for a Lexus 350 and got a pile of headaches, Their warr. is not worth the paper it's written on I had to wait 39 days for the factory engineer to give his two bits worth and then he says the noise in the differential is normal and the same as a new one.
  • craigmricraigmri Member Posts: 243
    Rotten, I totally appreciate your frustration. I had issues with our '07 Santa Fe. After diligently working with my dealer and the local Hyundai DPSM(rep), I got no where. I felt I did my due diligence so with good documentation I decided to approach the BBB and file a complaint. Much to my surprise they contacted me and set up an arbitration hearing. There I was across the table from a Hyundai lawyer who was making a case that my car didnt fall under the lemon law. Well he was right......kinda. The arbitration lawyers verdict was a "Non-Lemon law replacement" of vehicle. The BBB system works. If you feel you have a legitimate case......There is a way.

Craig
  • kenrobkenrob Member Posts: 6
    Hi Guys. These forums have been invaluable in helping me decide on buying a used Veracruz GLS a week ago. I put it on the road for $25K. It had 7500 miles on it, and so far I can find no major issues with it. The dealer told me it was traded in by someone who wanted to upgrade to a Limited.

One thing I have noticed is that when slowing down gradually to a stop, I sometimes feel a hitch in the transmission at about 15-20MPH. It feels like the transmission is not shifting properly.

Has anyone else felt this? Is it a problem that can be fixed by reflashing the control unit?

Any ideas/feedback would be much appreciated!
    I've experienced the same thing but only occasionally and I'm not particularly worried about it. Overall, the transmission is the smoothest shifting automatic of any import I've owned over the years (you name the import brand, I've owned at least one of them over the years). In my opinion, the Veracruz's #1 strength is the refined nature of it's powertrain.
  • dvinay12dvinay12 Member Posts: 20
    I haven't..It's smootest one. I experience it in My Honda but not in VC
  • becykbecyk Member Posts: 28
    I'm very happy with the VC, or at least I was! Today, went to wash vehicle, but never made it there.

- Exact same thing happened to my wife last week...so this is the 2nd & 3rd times.

- As I slowed to a red light, just before final stop (±3mph), the VC stalled, as if the tranny never made it to first gear or disengaged for the vehicle to idle in drive.
    - Sticked in in neutral, she wouldn't go to Park, and it started right away...ok (I guess).
    - Carry on my merry way, next stop at a red light, same thing, but this time, it wouldn't start or go in Park. I had to open up the "shift unlock" access hole & push on the tab so I could put it in Park.
    - Called roadside assistance...15min. later, she fired up! WTF?

»It acted like the computer didn't recognise my key.

Anyone?
  • craigmricraigmri Member Posts: 243
    becyk, with luck your dealer will find a stored error code and determine fault. Please follow up and let us know end result.

Craig
  • jmaulsbyjmaulsby Member Posts: 54
    My SE does the same thing, but at around 10 mph. I think between 2nd and 1st gear. I have not worried about it to this point.
    I've had a little different tranny characteristic. I seem to feel a "wobble" or hesitation when it shifts into 4th and 5th gear, more so when cold. It almost feels like the vehicle is misfiring but when I put it in neutral and just glide it goes away and the engine runs smooth. It's going in to get checked next week. At first I thought the tires were out of round.
  • becykbecyk Member Posts: 28
    Took it in today (Nov. 19) and I remembered to call the dealer later that day to mention that everytime this happened, the ESC (electronic stability control) light was on.

Hope it helped them, they found a sensor failing, I think they said the wheel sensor but I'm not sure, part will be in tomorrow and hopefully that was it. If they fix it the first time and that's the end of that one...I'm happy, [non-permissible content removed] happens.

I'll be a little worried for a while and if it doesn't happen again, I'll stop worrying.
  • xquuzmexquuzme Member Posts: 18
    Hi everyone. I own a 2007 Veracruz Limited with about 7K miles on it. So far, it seems to be a terrific car. VERY stable, always feels safe to drive. Good value for the money. I love the quietness, feel, and features of this car. Great stereo system! I've listed a few of the problems I've had so far and would appreciate comments.

Front end squeaks and rattles - seem to be coming from the struts. In to dealer twice and they're not sure how to fix this. :(

Headlights - low beams have a sharp horizontal cutoff (don't illuminate roadsigns when close) and high beams are way too high! Extremely bright, but don't do anything to the roadway (only the trees). In to two dealers, and they both told me they are not adjustable. Under the hood, there does seem to be an elaborate adjustment mechanism. From comments I've read on this forum, they are adjustable. Any comments please? :surprise:

Tire overinflation - same as many people had apparently. Mine were 50 psi! :)

Lights dim and fan blower dim briefly when the transmission downshifts. Dealer tells me that all Hyundais do this and it's normal. Seems pretty chintzy for a 21st century vehicle. :confuse:

Thanks!
  • selooseloo Member Posts: 606
    Sorry to hear about these problems.

I think the Veracruz looks great and seemed to be a good value, but after these comments and the dealerships inability to resolve these problems, I am not comfortable with this car.

All cars have problems, but these problems sound like they may be the result of poor engineering.
  • ehtpineyehtpiney Member Posts: 25
    I assume Hyundai has sold over 7500 Veracruz to date. Of that I believe less that 100 have indicated issues on this board. Most owners that write to this board list issues that they are trying to find answers to. I wrote about scratched paint issues early on and they were corrected. The issues were not about the quality of the car but how the dealership handled the problem. Yes the headlights are different and yes they can be adjusted from what I read on this board. I do not have any issues with the transmission, no squeeks, or rattles, tire pressure problems. I do not agree that there is an engineering problem but a dealer issue. This is a new vehicle and with that comes new repair techniques. The dealers have to make sure that their mechanics get on board so that they know what they are talking about and that they know how to make the necessary adjustments.
    Veracruz owners have to sound off about the positives of their vehicles and demand attention from the dealer repair shops or this vehicle will fail and the value of your car will deflate like a spike in a tire.

Proud to be a VERACRUZ owner!
  • selooseloo Member Posts: 606
    Proud Veracruz owner,

You are committing a sample size bias logic flaw with your argument. You are making the assumption that all 7500 owners are members of this board, but only 100 have indicated there is a problem. I think you will find that the number of owners that use this board is far less that 7500 and if that is correct, then the number of members reporting initial problems is significant.

I am not a Veracruz hater, but I find it strange that the Veracruz board has a thread totally dedicated to initial QC problems. Additionally, many of the board members are reporting the same or similar problems. More information is required before it can be determined if there problems with this car. On the other hand, the fact that board members are having this conversation is an indicator that there may be QC problems with this car.

It is my hope that the dealerships can properly train their personnel on how to diagnose and repair these cars, it is on my short list.

Let's wait and see how Hyundai responds to this issue.