Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Availability of the 08 Siennas?

2»

Comments

• caravan2caravan2 Member Posts: 198
    Just to be fair about 8th seat comparisons... ODY have arm rests... and arm rest is great for long drives....
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Yeah, but the Sienna C&D tested had captain's chairs, too.

Toyota offers either, or. Captain's, or 8 adult-sized seats (but for CE and LE only). You can fold down the 8th seat and have a table between the kids, better than an armrest IMO.

Honda offers the 7-8 configuration on EX and up, I think. LX doesn't have it.
  • msindallasmsindallas Member Posts: 190
    Check out the November Car & Driver issue.

Could you post a link please, I could not find it.

Yes, I agree, that other forum swings between being hilarious and obnoxious, especially because of the FS cheerleaders. Anyways, I am currently bent on a Sienna,
    and the reason (may be it is stupid) is that it offers the HID headlights and dynamic laser cruise. I did test drive the Sienna and the Ody, and I think their performance, visibility, features, space, gas mileage etc. are very similar. In different test, one is marginally better than the other. Thanks for the welcome, - MS.
    Those are options on the XLE Limited, things you'd only expect to see on a Lexus. Very nice.

I have the article in print, haven't seen it on-line yet. Browse one next time you visit Barnes & Noble, I think they get them first. CVS didn't have it last time I checked.
  • gunga64gunga64 Member Posts: 271
    Add 599.00 for dealer fee $22,600.00 plue tax tag title.

You guys should be able to get a deal like that.

http://home.toyotaoforlando.com/sienna.aspx
  • mommyjanmommyjan Member Posts: 17
    Does anyone know the difference (if any) between the 2006 Sienna and the 2007? I'm interested in the LE model. I'd love a 2008 but can't afford it.
    Any information would be very very helpful!

Thanks
    Jan
    Yes...

The 2006 had the 3MZ V6 engine, 3.3l.

The 2007s got the 2GR V6, 3.5l, more power and about 10% more torque as well. I waited for the engine because I knew it didn't use any more fuel, so free powah!

The 2007s also got real tire-pressure monitors, while the 06 and earlier simply used the ABS to detect differences in rotational speeds.

The interiors looks pretty much the same. On the Limited models, 2007 actually dropped a few standard features, like the laser cruise control and HIDs, they became options.

Packages shifted around, too. The LE package 3, what I got, now had 2 power sliding doors, previously it only had one.

To me, waiting for the more powerful engine and the 2nd power door were definitely worth it. But it depends on what options you really want.

The bad news is that resale is strong so values do not fall much. Back in May a new 2007 LE pkg 2 was $23,500, and a used 2006 with 30k miles was $21,000.

$1500 off for 30k miles? May as well buy new. :sick:
  • bearcrkrdbearcrkrd Member Posts: 167
    The 2006 had the 3MZ V6 engine, 3.3l.

The 2007s got the 2GR V6, 3.5l, more power and about 10% more torque as well. I waited for the engine because I knew it didn't use any more fuel, so free powah!

I bought 2 weeks before the 2007's came out. I didn't know they were going to have a different enjine. The salesman said to me; 'you know this has the 3.3 engine, not the 3.5, right?'.
    I replied that it was the Camry and Avalon that had the 3.5, not the Sienna.
    Thanks for reminding me..... :blush:
    No biggie, if it makes you feel better the 3.3l has been a solid, reliable work horse and was already plenty adequate in terms of power.

So far so good for the 3.5l as well.

Toyota had sludge issues with the 3.0l 1MZ, but our engines are unaffected.
  • mommyjanmommyjan Member Posts: 17
    Ok,I'm looking for a Sienna LE with atleast one power sliding door and overhead info system. With this being beginning Nov 2007, would I be foolish to buy a used 2007 with low milage (under 9K)? The dealer is asking 24,990 (I haven't talked with him so that's the price on the window). It has an after market DVD player (I could care less about this honestly), says it's got the LE Pkg #2.

If this sounds like a good deal to you (the 2007 over a new 2008) what would you offer??? I need all the help I can get!
    (PS: I'm in the chicagoland area)

Jan
    For the 2007 models you want an LE package 3. I paid a little over $25k for mine back in May, $26.8k out the door with 5% MD tax.

For 2008 it is indeed an LE EVP2.

The 2007 has a rebate, if you can still find any left. That plus the tow prep package was standard. They actually de-contented a little for 2008 to get prices down a bit.
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    Notice the Odyssey 2nd row seats have ARMRESTS for the outer seats when the middle seat is not used. (They can not be used when the middle seat is used.)

The Sienna 8 passenger 2nd row seats have NO ARMRESTS. We got the 7 passenger Sienna because the 8 passenger 2nd row seats have NO Armrests. The middle seat of the Odyssey 2nd row is MORE comfortable for me than the middle seat of the Sienna. ;)
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    NEVER buy an "almost new" Sienna from a dealership.

Try to find an unhappy owner of an "almost new" Sienna who would gladly sell the almost new Sienna for the Private Party price....which is much lower than dealer retail.
    Good advice, IMHO.
This discussion has been closed.