Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M35/M45 Electrical Issues

august1august1 Member Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in INFINITI
My 2006 m35x experienced an electronic meltdown while driving after a major storm. I drove through big puddles but not too deep- just lots of splashes. All of a sudden the transmission started to bang thru shifts, dash went haywire with AWD and other warning lights on, no wipers & turn signals, rpm & mph gauges turning off & on . Engine continued operating. This lasted for about 30 minutes until I shut it off. It would not restart until the following morning when everything worked fine. Dealer checked all systems and found nothing wrong. A very scary incident. Any one hear of this happening elsewhere? Thanks

Comments

• james27james27 Member Posts: 433
    The M-series uses a data bus to send signals many places rather than the switches actually controlling things themselves, they send a digital signal and the computer does it. If a connector was not seated properly or the O-ring seal was compromised, things could be dicey quick until it dried out.
  • ppickappicka Member Posts: 2
    Our 2006 Infiniti M35X has insomnia. Out of the blue the horn and alarm systems go off. It happens randomly. Last night at 12:30 PM, 2 AM, 4 AM and 6 AM. Also happens during the day intermittently. We can stop the noise by pressing the "unlock" on the smart key once. It stops the incredibly loud noise, however, does not unlock the door. Has anyone had a similar problem?
    Strangely enough this seems to happen in our driveway or in close proximity to our home. If we take the car visiting we haven't had the problem. Don't know if it happens, though, in a parking lot.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    Hmm... Do you park on an incline at home?
  • courtneylcourtneyl Member Posts: 1
    The console mounted dvd player on my '07 M 45 suddenly won't read any discs. are there any self-help solutions to this problem?
  • shmangshmang Member Posts: 297
    Pick up the phone and call the dealership and drive in when an appointment is scheduled. There is a reason why the warranty is there. Why bother trying to fix it yourself and taking the chance of void your warranty?
  • _ac_ac Member Posts: 1
    I've been having the exact same problem for the last few weeks. What was the resolution?
  • rhv1rhv1 Member Posts: 2
    Just picked this car up last week (5/1/10) and went to get in it yesterday after work and all of my radio stations were deleted and the air was turned down to 64 on both sides. I usually keep it at 73 on both sides. Anyone else experience problems like this?
This discussion has been closed.