Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Expedition Electrical Problems

Comments

• tschrocktschrock Member Posts: 2
    First My EXPO wouldn't shift into park. I put it in neutral by turning the key slightly forward and started it to shift it into gears..Its annoying as heck.. Then I tried to roll the windows down because it s hot in minnesota now.. 1. all windows wont roll down 2. the rear defrost dosent work 3. the interior dome lights dont work. 4 my radio has been acting up for a year now and its getting old listening to the same cd songs every day! 5. There is a crazy popcorn old lady sound when I drive down a bumpy road. 6. My drivers door is hard as heck to get open its like i have to pull it toward me and pull the handle..if anyone has a answer for 1. Id be happy as heck lol If my window starts rolling up or down or the lights flicker im selling
  • siny10309siny10309 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone fixed the relay problem that is causing the car to turn off? the dealers had my car for 3 weeks and cant figure it out. It seems like it might have something to do with the wiring harness. Please if you have gotten this fixed let me know. thanks
  • dlagriminidlagrimini Member Posts: 2
    Message center keeps sending "check charging system" but gage shows charge. I have had the battery and alternator checked several times at Autozone, etc and they check out okay. When I check thru the message center it shows the charging system to okay. What is causing the problem and how do I correct it?

thanks,
    Dennis
  • sgl1955sgl1955 Member Posts: 2
    please please contact me if you figure out the problem with your radio and your windows working and then not working and hearing the sizzle in the fuse box. Banging on the dash just above the radio or instrument cluster and it hopefully will start working. I have the exact same problem on my 2003 exp. I have had it in several times and hundreds of dollars later and still not fixed. fuse area is perfectly dry no sign of water, all wires hooked up and connected, relays and fuses all good, dash removed everything looks good,and still does the same thing. I have searched for hours and hours on the possible cause and the only thing left that I havent tried is replacing the instrument cluster. I have read and been told that this could be the problem. Nobody knows for sure what the problem is. If you have figured out your problem please get in contact with me asap as I am ready to buy a new instrument cluster. If you notice that if you pound on the dash just above the instrument cluster it will usually come on, this is also true above the radio. WHO KNOWS any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Steve
  • kd4kmzkd4kmz Member Posts: 19
    Sorry I have not yet took the time to finsih my troubleshooting and was not going to spend more money until I had time. I didn't drive it for several days where I didn't use the AC, and not using the AC for a couple days during the nice weather my problem was gone, but after I started using the AC again, the problem started back up. A friend of mine who does car audio installs said that he has dealt with a couple of FOrd electrical issues while installing and said a FOrd tech told him ther have been known issues in teh ignition switch when moisture is present as well as actual problems with the factory radio. I did look at the scematic and saw that the windows and the Radio share the same voltage feed, the ironic thing is it also coorelates to his comments on the ignition switch, the secondary voltage I.e. when iginition turned on share the same feed. More to think about One thing that I have been noticing is that allot of times when I notice the raio go out or come on is normally during breaking. I remember when I traded in my 2001 F150, the ford service manager telling me that there was allot of problems with the switch on the peddle, that pulls down voltage from the rest of the vehicle when it goes bad due to the fact the lights draw so much during breaking. It has been a couple of years since he told me and I can't remember which switch , I tries to unplug all down there but it made no difference, but I don't know why this keeps coming back to my thought, maybe because voltage is always constant through the switch and maybe if engaged it causes reverse leg shorting, I don't know, it is the only issue I have left that I have not resolved myself, jus tthe window and radio which I as you know are tied together and the voltage path is consistent, my next thought is to just unhook the radio plugs and see if the windows get affected. Let me reiterate that when I do not use the AC for an extended period of time I do not have the issue it goes away, so I am confident that moisture or sweating of some kind is occuring in a component somewhere that is leading to the underlying issue at least for my 2003 Expedition. Note if anyone needs a response from me you have to leave a reply, because we cannot leave email or phone numbers and I will have to respond here.
  • sgl1955sgl1955 Member Posts: 2
    kd4kmz thanks for getting back to me on my electrlical problem with the radio and windows. I think our problems are different as mine doesn't seem to have anything to do with condensation or the brakes. mine just goes out when it wants to and comes on when it wants to,believe me i've been dealing with it for 2 years. It might start working in 10 minutes and maybe in 10 days. I drove all the way from fla. to Illinois 1350 miles not using the air and not having any music, it would never work. I got in my town and ready to park the car at my house and the radio came on. NO RHYME OR REASON.. Steve
  • dabare1dabare1 Member Posts: 2
    I am having a similar problem. I live in Chicago IL. (20 minutes outside) and my Expedition was left outside. It got cold (48 outside) over night, and my Ford was dead in the morning, (dome lights wouldn't even turn on). I jumped it, and noticed that the climate control was inoperable (doesn't even light up). I took it to Ford, and they had thought that the unit burned out. Cool, I can buy one on e-bay for about $40.00 instead of 326.00 that they quoted me... I left feeling a little better, knowing what the problem was....Then something strange started happening... The 4wd high/low is flashing in 1 minute intervals at the same time. The driver seat is adjusting on it's own, the back up aid is not working, when I exit the vehicle the radio stays on, I have to re-open the doors and close them again to turn it off, and I still have the problem with the climate controls. Call me stupid, but this sounds a little more indepth than a climate control burning out. After reading countless issues with the Expedition (including the cool feature of auto ignite, where it decides to burn it's self to the ground after being parked for 3-5 hours) I am not sure I am very fond of this truck anymore. I am not encouraged by everyone on this having similar electrical problems, and not having Ford be able to identify the problem causes grave concern, seeing how my wife and 3 kids (who are secured in their car seats) are driving in a fire laden death trap. I almost hope it does burn down to the ground while parked on my street (I stoped parking in the garage, which is directly under the kids room). Does anyone have any clue as to what the problem is?? Seriously, this is scarry! I want to drive it to Chevy and get a tahoe if my dealer won't/can't fix it. I am sure this is going to cost huge, considering I am out of work, and out of warranty. Damn Murphy's law~ Anyone help?? please??

:cry: :sick: :lemon:
  • niewulisniewulis Member Posts: 1
    Started with air bag light coming on and off, then the other day the 4 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive high lights started blinking. Now the drivers side door will not open using the inside handle.

Any suggestions

Kevin
  • dabare1dabare1 Member Posts: 2
    Well, I got the internal temperature control and I need to say that 99% of my problems got resolved. I still have the back up aid not working though. I suggest trying it as well. Look on e-bay for a used temp control interface (the one in the dash, under the radio (I am not sure if this is the correct name or not)). Give that a shot as it resolved my issues except for the back up aid. It is super easy to uninstall/reinstall the new one, and it only runs like 40-60 bucks on e-bay and takes 1 hour (its plug and play, for lack of better terms) to install. The door sounds like a different problem all together though.

Give it a shot, good luck. :)
  • firstfordfanfirstfordfan Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: Dear Lord and Ford Owners, :confuse:
    I wish I had seen these discussions before I bought my 2002 Ford Expedition 2 months ago...
    Lord, I am a low income guy and can only afford a Ford on a monthly payment basis...If my SUV went down like those mentioned in this Forum, I would be suicidal...
    I just got a V8 4.5L 2WD 2002 Ford Expedition and the first thing I ever noticed at the dealer was the windshield washer light was lit. I spoke with the used car dealer manager and he said he already ordered the new washer fluid's container with sensors attached. I picked it up from him a week later and replaced the old one. I couldn't find any issue with the old one (no holes, no crack, no burn sensors, etc..). Anyways, since I had the new one on, I went to Kragon and got a full gallon of washer fluid. I dumped the whole thing in there. Everything worked fine, the light on dash disappeared. I was happy with my hard work. When I got home the light came back on, I went check the fluid, nothing was there. It charged off into the fender and beneath the floor. It ran all the way to the muffler...Lord...I took the container back out and couldn't find anything wrong with it. I suspected that the pressure release sensor is bad which is why it activated on its own and charge off the fluid. Well, I am not going to mess with it and wait for my brother who's a master mechanic to get a hand on it when he came back from out of state...
    I've always heard the term" Fail On Road Dead" "Fix Over Rate Daily" and laughed at it. But it seems that Ford sucks even though on new ones...
    My is not too bad. I just took a 1K miles trip and it runs very good. The only thing I've seen so far is the oxidation residues on the terminal of the battery.
    Lord, help us!
    Why would ford make money putting people in danger? Isn't Ford supposed to love its own country and the patriotism of the people who stil stick with Ford instead of imported cars?
    Darn Ford!!!
    My first and will be my last Ford product. :P
  • jlaw053jlaw053 Member Posts: 2
    Help Please!!! I have a 02 Expedition and just the other day my radio stopped working while driving. I looked in the fuse box and Fuse 1 25A was blown, I replace the fuse it blows immediately. There is nothing that I notice not working with the exception of the radio. I removed the radio and put in a replacement fuse and it still blows. My vehicle does have the entertainment package cd/vhs in the arm rest area. Any help would be appreciated.
  • MuchavioMuchavio Member Posts: 1
    Hello all, new here. I've been searching for the electrical problems and found this site. I'm having some of the symptoms with my 02 expedition, it started about 2 weeks ago. First the battery seemed like it was not getting a charge, had to jump start it, took it to Autozone, had it tested, everything checked out ok. It started fine after I got it home, but the next morning it wouldn't start, the battery seemed to be drained again over night. I checked the battery post, cleaned, then re-tightened the terminals. Then the running board and interior lights started flashing as well as the alarm light was flashing very fast. I connected the jumber cables from the mustang to the expedition let it run for a while, then started the expedition disconnected the jumper cables, let it run for a while, turned it off, waited about 2 - 3 hours, it started right up no problem. The next mornig same thing it seemed like the battery was drained over night. I checked the fuse box under the dash no moisture, no corrosion, no burnt smell. So what esle should I look for or check besides replacing the fuse box and GEM? Like a few others have said, this will be my last Ford and hate to say it but I may look at getting either a european or [non-permissible content removed] vehicle next, since those don't seem to have these problems and if so at least they stand behind their product.....just getting frustrated with this. Any help would be greatly apprecieated. TIA
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Does that happen whether the radio is turned on or not? The problem is probably a short ciruit somewhere - either in the radio itself or in its electrical connections to the power supply.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • jlaw053jlaw053 Member Posts: 2
    I went as far as to unplug the radio totally and it continues to blow fuse. I dont believe the radio is the problem.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Hmm. Interesting. There's a short in there somewhere but I am clueless at this point. Perhaps someone else can provided insights. Anyone?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • MGK711MGK711 Member Posts: 1
    I am new to this forum...I am having a problem with my electric locks.
    The first time the lock problem started it sounded like someone had set their elbow down on the lock button and the lock sound keep repeating. This went on for a while and the only way to get it to stop is to open all doors and manually lock and shut every door. This happened for a while then stopped now it is started again....

Now the locks don't unlock with the key fob and the locks go only half way down and keep the sound of popping up and down with out actually unlocking and just runs down the battery. So now I recharge my battery re hook it up and the next day the battery is dead again???? (It also does it while I am driving)
    Any guesses??? My macanic said that the car was just possessed!
    Sounds like you have a hung door switch atuator. If it is not broke you can simply spray WD40 in your door latches and open and close each door severl times to break down the deposit that may be causing the issue. This fixed one of my issues with teh battery draw problem
  • terakterak Member Posts: 1
    I am having the issue with my fuse #15 blowing, we've had freezing conditions lately- I replace the fuse and drove it for a few days and it blew again. I looked up your action number EA05015 at NHTSA, but it wasn't there. So I looked up any electrical bulletins and I did not find one specifically regarding my fuse issue. Can you advise if I looked this up correctly. I want to get the dealer to fix it for free will they?

Thanks
  • jaxyjenjaxyjen Member Posts: 6
    I've posted before on several issues - seems everyone is having nearly the same problem effecting locks, radio, interior running lights - all running down battery.

How many have communicated with Ford? Have any of you gotten a response? The dealer was no help - alot of "never seen it before" or "try this for $$$$ and if it doesn't fix we'll keep charging $$$$".

Anyone contacted or reported issue(s) to National Highway Safety?
    http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/

There should flat out be a recall on these issues!! Ford needs to fix them.
    FOrd answer, not our problem, your out of warranty, never seen it before, you said it. There is a TSB for an issue with the Expeditions with teh running board light issue. I have changed out my entire fuse block that did not fix teh issue with my radio going out, if you notice when the radio goes out the WIndows won't work, it is something in teh dash or radio, I am so close, when it happens a little tap to teh center of teh dash an the problem clears sometimes it comes right back but after a tap or two it stay out for a while, seems to happen less sense I unscrewed teh faceplate from teh DAsh radio area, so it is either a short in there, the radio, or a relay there that I cannot yet find. The schematics don't call out any. The radio does have an active circuit, you know when you turn off the key the radio stays on until you open the door, the schematic shows it sharing the same primary voltage circuit as teh windows when in temp shut down mode. Really looks like it points to the radio, but I have yet to pull mine out and see if the problem goes out all together. I hear oter people with other electrical problems where they pull the radio out, but nobody has confirmed the same as I that the windows don't work when the radio goes out. WD40 definetly is the trick for the door lucks goping up and down and the dome lights coming on and off, it is when the door release switch sticks and falses the circuitry. I have periodically seen the 4x4 light flash, there is an issue with some of teh 4x4 not published but well known by many mecanics that the slide sleeve sensor for the AWD causes this as the sleeve is not set properly in my case, it sounds as that sleeve gear is sheared, where I can drive it all teh way into 4x4 with no problem but the AWD will not engage, not enough money to resolve that one yet as I am out of warranty, so I just leave in in 2WD. BAck to the electrical isssue wit the radio and the windows, I would put money on the radio or a short in teh dash, just have not isolated it, for the all over electrical issues, my buddy told me the 2002 and 2003 he have seen have been notorius witha bad ignition switch, guess what almost touches every electrical circuit, so for those with that issue that may be a fix. I figured I got 152K on this rig, mechanically she got me this far, but amazing how all the bugs came out after the 100K extended warranty, almost like FOrd programmed something in. Frustrated like the rest of you
  • blastbackblastback Member Posts: 1
    Wow.. Same vehicle same type problem. Only my car won't start cause it seems that the short is shorting out the electronic fuel injection. Take the key out of the ignition, Dash lights, AC, radio stay on. Usually this fixes itself in a couple of hours but today with it cold out too it drained my battery. I notice when I park my car on a hill and it rains I dont have this problem.. Seal may still leak but must be at a different angle so not to hit the fuse box under the dash.

Who's with me on a Class Action Lawsuit against Ford???
  • DEBB2DEBB2 Member Posts: 1
    I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY 05 ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO THE CHECK ELECTRONIC THRODDLE CONTROL CAME ON, BUT STILL HAD A THRODDLE. THEN TUNED THE TRUCK OFF AND IT WAS GONE. NOW FOR THE LAST WEEK I HAVE HAD A COMPLETELY DEAD BATTERY, GET A JUMP START AND GOOD TO GO. PACK AT WORK THEN DEAD AGAIN. NOTHING WILL WORK. WENT TO AUTOZONE ALSO AND BATTERY AND ALT ARE PERFECT. TWO DAYS LATER JUMP STARTED THE TRUCK IN THE MORNING AND THE CHECK ADVANCETRACE SYSTEM CAME ON AND WOULD NOT GO OFF IT WAS ON. THEN SAME MORNING CHECK ELECTRONIC THRODDLE CONTROL CAME ON AGAIN AND I DID NOT HAVE A THRODDLE. TURN THE TRUCK OFF AND ITS OKAY. HELP!! DID YOU FIND OUT WHAT WAS CAUSING YOUR PROBLEM BECAUSE THE MECHANIC CHECKED IT WITH THE COMPUTER AND NO CODES COME UP PLEASE HELP
  • thecruiseguythecruiseguy Member Posts: 2
    My 2004 Expedition turn signals work very infrequently. But the 4 way flashers work like new. I can feel and hear the contacts breaking in the flasher box under the dash with 4 ways on but when using the turn signals, they only click once in the same flasher box but won't keep going and the lights don't light. Ford said it must be the Multi-function switch problem. Does anyone know or can confirm this? I hate to replace it and it not be the problem plus I don't know if I can do it. I pulled the plastic steering column cover off the bottom of the wheel but the top cover that exposes the MF switch won't come off. I pulled off the air bag and it looks like I would have to remove the steering wheel. Is that difficult? Haven't done one since the 70's vintage Ford Pick ups. Hope same puller will work. I would love some input to give me confidence to take this apart. Thecruiseguy
  • jaxyjenjaxyjen Member Posts: 6
    Class Action may be the way to go!! I'm in!
  • thecruiseguythecruiseguy Member Posts: 2
    My 2004 Expedition turn signals work very infrequently. But the 4 way flashers work like new. I can feel and hear the contacts breaking in the flasher box under the dash with 4 ways on but when using the turn signals, they only click once in the same flasher box but won't keep going and the lights don't light. Ford said it must be the Multi-function switch problem. Does anyone know or can confirm this? I hate to replace it and it not be the problem plus I don't know if I can do it. I pulled the plastic steering column cover off the bottom of the wheel but the top cover that exposes the MF switch won't come off. I pulled off the air bag and it looks like I would have to remove the steering wheel. Is that difficult? Haven't done one since the 70's vintage Ford Pick ups. Hope same puller will work. I would love some input to give me confidence to take this apart. Thecruiseguy
  • jefftn30jefftn30 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 Expedition I bought used just over 2 years ago. Well, about 8 months ago it was raining and I turned my wipers on....NOTHING! I freaked out because it was a BAD storm. Somehow, (I don't remember how) I realized that if my truck is in either Park, or Neutral, they worked just fine. As did the washer sprayer. But the minute I put the vehicle back in Drive...NOTHING! Well, after a while it just stopped doing that, and worked just fine. Hadn't done that since then. OK, about 5 months ago I tried starting my truck and NOTHING! My theft indicator light stopped blinking and my truck refuses to start. Just like my wipers, after a while it just started working again. Well, it rained all rain and now it's cold and nasty and snowing, and guess what....BOTH PROBLEMS ARE BACK!! I am about to pull my hair out of my head! Ford replaced a fan motor relay saying it would help because the fan blower would also stay on after the key was removed and in my pocket. NOPE! No help. Can anyone please help me? I'm on the verge of lighting a match to this thing? LOL
  • shonuff50shonuff50 Member Posts: 9
    Have you considered having your fuse box checked and your GEM module, that's what I was told was the problem with mines and I am inclined to believe that because I started noticing that my floor was wet on that side where it is located at. It only seemed to be like that after a heavy rain or too much snow built up on that side. I was also told that the main problem is that the windshield leaks water in and drips down on the fusebox and GEM module. Try looking at that and see if that helps. I checked ith the dealership and to buy new ones of them will set you back about 700.00 just for the parts alone.
    I already replaced the Fuse box the 2003 does not have a GEM. mine does it when it is bone dry. I unscrewed the face plate to teh front dash i.e the radio cover, cluster cover it is one piece and my problem subsided, so something is pinched or shafed behind where the screws go in, that is far as I have gotten, but until I unscrewed the face plate to the clsuter it happened allot wet or dry. After I unscrewed it it hardly every does it anymore, I found this so far as when it occured one day I hit the center dash in frustration and eh power came back on to the radio and the windows started working again. I tried to push the cover back on as I never removed it completely, just unscrewed it and pulled it out of the holes, I had pushed it back in and noticed it started happening again, I really have to get the time to see if something is shaffed, :sick:
  • shawn51maryshawn51mary Member Posts: 1
    I have been having alot of issues with my 98 exped. Sometimes the rear wipers don't work or delayed starting. Now my radio will not go off after you turn off the ignition and exit the vehicle. My remote entry doesn't work... when you open the door it beeps as if I left the headlights on or the keys in the ignition...which is not the case. Just a bunch of weird things! So this afternoon I sent my hubby to go look for anything wrong with the wiring and we discovered water leaking behind the dash on the drivers side. Our best guess is that it is leaking into the GEM module and/or fuse box and causing problems. We are going to have to have the windshield taken out and sealed back in. Hopefully that fixes everything and more extensive damage hasn't been done.

If you are having wiring problems I highly suggest taking a dry napkin or towel and running it along the inside bottom of your windshield (on the drivers side) while it's raining outside to see there is any rain getting in.
  • barb1877barb1877 Member Posts: 4
    We just bought a used 2001 Expedition. We've not had any problems with anything as mentioned in the previous posts.... however, twice in the past week the odometer reading will go off (just black) and then all the sudden re-appear (little green numbers). Has anyone had this occur? Any solutions? My job requires odometer readings for mileage, so a little concerned about it going off and on.
  • brett22brett22 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Barb,

I also have a 01 Expedition that this started happening to. Did you find a resolution yet?
  • ken1340ken1340 Member Posts: 1
    I'VE GOT THE SAME PROBLEM WITH AN 02 EXPEDITION. ON TWO SEPARATE TIMES THE DASH BLOWER MOTOR WOULD COME ON FULL BLAST WHEN I TURNED THE KEY OFF AND REMOVED IT. PROBLEM WENT AWAY AND ABOUT A YEAR LATER RETURNED. PROBLEM WENT AWAY AGAIN BUT THIS AFTERNOON AFTER A RAINY TRIP TO WORK THIS MORNING AS WELL AS ALL DAY RAIN, THE WIPERS WOULD NOT WORK NOR WOULD THE RADIO WORK. I STOPPED AT THE NEAREST AUTOZONE TO FIND A POSSIBLE BLOWN FUSE AND WHEN I PUT THE THING IN PARK THE WIPERS AND THE RADIO CAME ON. I THINK MAYBE THE IDEA ABOUT WATER GETTING INTO THE DASH AREA MAY BE RIGHT. I THINK I CAN RELATE ALL MY ISSUES TO RAINY OR DAMP CONDITIONS. I HAVE NOT NOTICED WATER IN THE FLOORBOARD BUT WHEN IF IT EVER STOPS RAINING HERE IN FLORIDA I'M GONNA CHECK THAT AREA OUT THOROUGHLY. HOPE THIS HELPS.... AT LEAST YOU'RE NOT ALONE!!
  • barb1877barb1877 Member Posts: 4
    Haven't gotten a solution yet. Have had it happen a few more times. We're probably going to take it to an Electrical service shop, soon, so we hopefully don't run into some of the other problems we've read about.
  • alwaysfords2alwaysfords2 Member Posts: 339
    I think if you reserach this on a few more Expy boards you'll find the answer, it is a fairly common thing. It can be reapired at home with limited skills. It is a solder joint that needs to repaired on the cluster. Local shop will probably be able to fix it in no time if they have done it before.
    can you point me to the thread or send a link, thanks, I know it is under the dash somewhere and close to the drivers console area, if that is the cluster you mention, I had just started taking the face plate of teh dash off to start searching further, but if you know exactly that woud be great.
    Try searching Ford Truck Enthusiasts. Then search their threads.
  • kikepizkikepiz Member Posts: 3
    same problems ... :mad: Can it be the computer?
    If you search around the other sites you will find it is a poor solder joint on the cluster.
    Is that what makes the gear shift handle not to go from park to any other gear, and the stop lights not to work? :surprise: :confuse:
    I thought you were following in on the conversation about the odometer. A shift handle problem sounds like an issue with the park interlock switch. Not sure about the brakes.
    it was some sort of bulb that is located at the break pump, the mecanic said that this bulb sends a signal to end the cruise control when the break pedal is pushed, and mine was getting really hot and blowing the break light fuze, in result didn't want to come out of "park", and now it does. :shades:
    Sounds like you should check on whether or not your vehicle is affected by the cruise control recalls and if the work has been done. Something that gets hot enough to blow a fuse needs to be investigated further.
    I talked to someone at one of the dealerships and it seems like alot of the trucks and suv's are having similar problems. They haven't said anything about re-imbursment, guess someome has to be killed first before they will react to the problem, and they wonder why the BIG 3 are in trouble.
    check your fusebox or gem module, maybe water is leaking on one of them and shorting out.
  • fordsfollyfordsfolly Member Posts: 1
    Problem started MAY08. Cranked good but no start. Try an hour or so later,started fine. That went on for a month. Sometimes no start or start and run at about 300 rpm, accelerator had no effect. Took it to Ford,they had it a full week. It started for them,their diagnostic found no faults.Ford suggested a new battery. Had it replaced. No problem for ten months. Now it has started again. Don't think it is the battery, 12v after sitting over night and 10.5v while cranking.Good for 25 days,bad for 2 ok for 10 and counting. HELP! HELP! FORDSFOLLY
  • lilly00lilly00 Member Posts: 2
    i am having the same problems 2000 expedition but my starter engages while its running in park and neutral. i just put my third ya third starter on and now my driver front turn signal and my passenger back turn signal both stay on after key is removed wow what a expedition. it feels like one trying to figure out whats going on. i have has it since january. 107,540 miles. serious problems its not funny but i dont know what else to do but sit in my truck and laugh. it hasn't moved in two months and im still paying on it haha :lemon:
  • lilly00lilly00 Member Posts: 2
    k i am having so many problems. i just put in my 3rd starter, 2nd battery, 2nd starter relay. it will turn over but 10 seconds into running the solenoid on the starter gets super hot. and my front driver side turn signal and my passergers side back turn signal stay on with no key. fuse box is fine. i live in indiana. rains all the time. so i have it in the garage. now i cant drive it to dellership cuz it will burn up new starter. i am female and gonna freak out. i love my truck but i havent been able to drive it for 2 months now and i work two jobs. thank god for sisters xtra car. but now here car has problems so i have to get ths fixed. all wires are hooked up right. why would my solenoid get flamming hot after 10 seconds of running. please help me. everyone i talked to told me they have not a clue even the deeler. the place i bought it from wont take it back because of the problems. i am about to buy a scooter and let it go. but i have so much money in the thing.can u think of anything. please anyone help me. thanks :mad: :sick: :cry:
  • cruisenangiecruisenangie Member Posts: 2
    I had this same problem in December 2008 and we just now figured it out ... Seems the amp for the subwoofer has gone bad. We took the amp out and the radio works fine. Now to find a replacement amp :)
  • cruisenangiecruisenangie Member Posts: 2
    I don't know if you found the solution yet but I had this same problem in December 2008 and we just now figured it out ... Seems the amp for the subwoofer has gone bad. We took the amp out and the radio works fine. Now to find a replacement amp :) (2002 Expedition Eddie Bauer with MACH radio system)
  • bholbrookbholbrook Member Posts: 5
    Hello, I have a 03 Expedition and it has been doing the same thing for a couple months now and its just getting worse. I was wondering if you found out what the problem was? Any help would be great. Thank you :)