Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

When is 2008 model CX-7 coming out?

ws46ws46 Member Posts: 28
edited March 2014 in Mazda
Anyone have any news of the 2008 CX-7 release date?

For 2008 version:
"New catalyst and engine programming mean that premium fuel is now recommended, rather than required"

Comments

• jmhumrjmhumr Member Posts: 4
    I don't think anyone knows quite yet - but I expect late-August or September. Your dealership might know, perhaps give them a call.
  • rickie_canadarickie_canada Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Not sure for USA, but in Canada I am picking up a 2008 CX-7 GT w/AWD from the dealership tomorrow. I ordered it back in June.
  • sssfegysssfegy Member Posts: 132
    Agreed, late August-late Sept.
  • ws46ws46 Member Posts: 28
    Other than "premium gas recommended", are there anything else that's changed? I didn't see anything else from Mazda's press release.

ws46
  • promikepromike Member Posts: 35
    Fitzmall shows 2 in stock.
    ......anything else that's changed?
    Not that I am aware of.

On the dealer available option, there is now an AERO package. It adds a rear spoiler and and lower front end scoop. I had it installed and it really stands out.

The folks at the Mazda dealership (sales, service and detailers) were in awe at the "new" sporty appearance.
  • hyundaehyundae Member Posts: 3
    http://www.canterburymazda.co.nz/part_products.php?category_id=7

NZ dealer site (above link) has pics of the new 2008 options:

Aero package (US MSRP $400)
    Under Guard package (US MSRP $445)
    Scuff Plates (US MSRP $145)

US price list for the 2008 CX-7 is available at mazdausa.com

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/pdf/pricing_update/CX7-2008-pricing.pdf
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    I already have 6 on my lot.
  • mauela3mauela3 Member Posts: 1
    I have had my 2008 CX-7 for a week and I love it! I've never had a Mazda before and it seems like a great car so far. I had been looking at crossovers for several months and decided to wait for the 2008 to come out. Supposedly the only change from 2007 is that you can use premium or regular gas. I was going to use mostly regular gas and fill it up with premium occasionally. Any thoughts on that? I'm not sure that is a good idea or not.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    Any thoughts on that? I'm not sure that is a good idea or not.

By not using 91 octane, you will suffer in fuel economy and power. How much? I'm not sure. Will you harm the engine by using regular? No.
  • markman69markman69 Member Posts: 2
    Rickie_canada

Can you post some pics of your car with the aero package... was the install very hard? Thanks

Mark
  • maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    I don't think he had them installed, but Trussville Mazda just posted them:

Mark,
    I had the dealership install the Aero Package prior to purchase.
    A quick look at the spoiler looks like there are two holes drilled into the rear hatch and then the spoiler is bolted to the hatch.
    There is probably some adhesive between both hatch and the spoiler but it was hard to determine this.
    The front spoiler looks like a easy attachment (snap-in) but I am not able to compare it to a non-aero version.

BTW, from a far distance, with the spoiler installed, the rear of the CX-7 looks a bit like the Lexus RX. The tail lights is the giveaway.
  • maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    Installation of the Front Air Dam requires removing the front bumper and drilling holes in it.

Installation of the rear spoiler extension requires drilling 4 holes in the existing spoiler.

Both peices use adhesive mounting as well.
This discussion has been closed.