Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Infiniti G35

12345679»

Comments

• radioman18radioman18 Member Posts: 10
    25K doesn't sound like high mileage to me (12K/yr is considered "normal"). Bought my G new in '08, driveability is still great, handling is exceptional, power is superb. My one and only concern is the electrical system -- it has been fluky since I bought it, the motherboard (or equivalent) has been replaced, the console goes out periodically, and the battery drains. Reading these boards, you'll see that as a common complaint. Infiniti/Nissan isn't the greatest company to deal with. But you'll also see people are satisfied with the car overall.
  • activex111activex111 Member Posts: 41
    Thanks radioman..
    electrical problem are one of the worst to repair. that would be a big disappointment given that infiniti tries to position as luxury :o)
    how is the typical maintenance cost? i mean the oil changes, Brake pads and rotors (which, I read here, goes out pretty fast) etc.
    I am trying to see if it is comparable to Acura or is it more $$.
    The maintenance costs should be pretty comparable to Acura. I had a couple of Lexuses before the G, and the G is (not yet, anyway) more expensive to maintain. Brake pads and rotors have been OK, but tire wear has been more rapid than expected. One surprise is that the serpentine belt and tensioner had to be replaced at 20,000 miles -- about 10,000 miles sooner than projected. Overall, though, nothing out of the ordinary or more expensive than average -- just the aggravating electrical problems, which have cost me nothing out-of-pocket because the system is still under warranty but it is has cost me the periodic use of the car to bring in for maintenance (and has sometimes left me with no nav system, air conditioning, or radio -- which sometimes re-boot on their own after a re-start, and sometimes don't; and twice I had a total battery drain, but oddly the battery checked out fine after charging). Hope this helps.
  • grepgrep Member Posts: 1
    Your price is pretty good compared to what I paid a few months ago -- got an '08 G35 Journey/Premium w/ Nav, 23,650 miles, for $26.5K. The dealer had put on new wheels and brakes, and it was very clean.

I love the car a lot. So much power and so good looking! Biggest downside is the gas mileage, but I sort of knew that going in. I average 17-18 mpg around town, and maybe pure highway driving I can get up to 26 mpg. I'm usually quite gentle on the accelerator. (but it sure is fun passing another car on a two-lane highway!)
  • born2sawborn2saw Member Posts: 7
    I have owned an Acura & BMW and currently have a2007 G35x and a Lexus. My G has been 100% trouble free (of course it really is my wife's car). My Infinity dealer always tries to add something "extra" to the scheduled maintenance that is not recommended in the service manual. this typically bumps up the price $150-250. I always price anything they want to do at the Infinity dealer in the next town (80 miles away) and make my dealer match the price. My Lexus is comparable in price for most things, however, the BMW dealer in town will clean you out for a oil change!! I have also heard the Mercedes can be really expensive to have anything done at the dealer from friends that have them.

I liked the G35 so much, I traded my Corvette for a Nissan 350Z!! Lots of fun.
  • stevey10stevey10 Member Posts: 4
    I recently purchased a 2008 G35x sedan with about 25000 miles. Everything went great and smooth. The car has great power, especially when make turns. However, I noticed that when I drive at high speed on highway, the road noise is pretty high and the car literally jumps up and down when there are small pot holes or if the surface condition is not that great. I know there has been some issue with the wheels on the 08 G35. Just want to know if it is normal on those 08 G35x sedans?
  • stevey10stevey10 Member Posts: 4
  • my2ndgmy2ndg Member Posts: 1
    I had to post a message regarding my 2008 G Sedan Sport after reading everyone's posts about their purchases. I bought it used as everyone else has mentioned and what made it such a great purchase was the mileage...10850. That's right, just under 11k. I did all the proper checks along with the carfax report and it was legit. Considering I've put over 7k on it within 7 months, I guess I'm doing okay driving wise, but really wonder what the previous owner did with the car. The one thing that is really perplexing is the tread on the tires seem very low (looking to replace within the next 2 months or so). Checked the tire info and they were the factory installed tires, so wondering if those are the best tires for the G. They are the Bridgestones OEM. Anyone recommending another brand? Added a couple of photos, so not sure why default pic appears. :confuse:
    My Bridgestone OEMs wore out unusually fast: less than 10,000 for one tire, just under 20,000 for the other three. My service station thought that was fast but not unusual: they've seen tires and brakes wear out more quickly than usual on the Infiniti G and certain BMW models. Not sure if the tires aren't the right match for the G or what else is going on.
  • christine35xchristine35x Member Posts: 2
  • christine35xchristine35x Member Posts: 2
    Radio was working fine--and then the presets accessed on the steering wheel or on the screen do not work properly. Those buttons on the radio itself (1-6) do still work. Others have this problem? Get it fixed?
  • andreasonandreason Member Posts: 3
  • andreasonandreason Member Posts: 3
    Hi everyone, I'm a new driver of 08 G35x w/o navigation. I tried to find the 3.5mm AUX to hook up the Bose with my cell phone (with 3.5mm AUX) so that the car can play the mp3 in my cell phone. Strangely I can't find a 3.5mm AUX in the car...None of the 3 AUX jacks can fit a 3.5mm cable...I would appreciate if anyone can help me on this. Thanks!
  • iceicedaveiceicedave Member Posts: 1
    You need to get a RCA to 3.5mm conversion wire. You can buy it at radio shack or best buy for 10-15 bucks. It will have two RCA plugs on one end and a single 3.5mm connection on the other.Just plug the RCA ends into the red and white outlets in the G35. Leave the yellow alone . Hope this helps.
  • nolicnolic Member Posts: 11
    Tires that came standard on my 2007 G35 (Bridgestone RE040) and 2008 M35 (Goodyear RSA) were the worst tires I ever had. Recently purchased Kumho ECSTA 4X (225/45/18Frt/245/45/18Rear)for the G35 and Michelin Primacy MXV4 (245/45/18) and what a big difference. Ride, handling, noise and stability were much improved especially the MXV4. Price was great for the Kumho ECSTA 4X through Tirerack and got a nice package deal for the MXV4 with local Infiniti dealership in Virginia Beach.