Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer -- Ralliart?

raywertraywert Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Mitsubishi
Anyone know if Mitsu will be adding a Ralliart to the '09 lineup:

Spy Photos: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart?

Comments

• psychogunpsychogun Member Posts: 129
    The EVO is launching sometime before the end of March 2008. Mitsubishi probably does not want the RalliArt to cannibalize sales from their iconic super-sedan, so I would assume the RalliArt will be launched in late 2008 as an '09 model.
  • s550iwishs550iwish Member Posts: 28
    I agree because if they sell the ralliart at the same time as the EVO everyone will want the ralliart and not the evo.
  • stevecebustevecebu Member Posts: 493
    The EVO is launching sometime before the end of March 2008. Mitsubishi probably does not want the RalliArt to cannibalize sales from their iconic super-sedan, so I would assume the RalliArt will be launched in late 2008 as an '09 model

I'd probably buy a Ralliart if it was coming out when I need to buy a new car but even the EVO if it's released as late as March will be too late for me to buy it. I'll need a car by January and if the EVO is out and at MSRP and my wife and I can actually test drive it then we might just buy it. If now we will have to buy another brand. So I hope Mitsu gets on the ball and releases it in Nov/Dec.
    Other than that it's wait until the EVO XI.
  • jbshp100jbshp100 Member Posts: 1
    hello everyone, let me introduce myself. i am jbshp100 and i am new to the forum, i see you guys were discussing about the new possible 2009 mitsubishi lancer ralliart.i have seen spy photos of the car undergoing testing in california, and i would like to get my hands on one in 2009. but i want to know if they are going to have a 6-speed manual as standard and a optional 6-speed double-clutch sequential automatic that i saw in the EVO prototype photos. i would love to see that in the Ralliart as an option and does anybody know about the horsepower? thanks
  • crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Caught Before Its 2008 Debut says that The dual-clutch gearbox being introduced by Mitsubishi for the Lancer Evolution isn't likely to find its way into the Ralliart, however, so expect to see either a five- or six-speed manual gearbox.. Also, expect the 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart to get a turbocharged version of Mitsubishi's latest 2.0-liter four-cylinder with an output of around 220 to 230 horsepower. The proximity to the 224 hp generated by the Subaru Impreza WRX is no coincidence, as Mitsubishi is directly targeting Subaru's highly successful midlevel performance.

I, for one, would like the DSG-type tranny in the Ralliart.
  • eldainoeldaino Member Posts: 1,618
    it would be nice, but considering aside from vw/audi, mitsu is the only other company to offer this, and they are putting it into their top of the line lancer.

if the wrx doesn't have one, there is no reason at least in mitsu's eyes, to offer one. I think that some type of auto tranny would be nice.
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Just like the WRX, the Ralliart is only the middle of the road trim level for the Lancer, so I wouldn't expect it in there.

-mike
  • eldainoeldaino Member Posts: 1,618
    exactly.
    And yet, it will come with the Twin Clutch-SST gearbox. :)
    2009 Lancer Ralliart At-A-Glance
  • s550iwishs550iwish Member Posts: 28
    I was reading autoweek magazine the other day and it had information about an expected 2009 Mitsu Lancer Ralliart. Pricing will be around $24k.
  • nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    ...bad idea! Apart from that, I would say it had the looks and numbers to steal the majority of Subie's WRX sales. As it is, the 85% of WRX sales that are manuals should have nothing to worry about. Soob might lose most of the 15% automatic sales, however.

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

• gijoewildbillgijoewildbill Member Posts: 62
    Initially, maybe. Don't knock the SST Dual clutch till you try it. Also, Mitsu has stated that they are seriously considering to add a MT in the 2010 model. They didn't have the time to properly test and develop the right gear ratio as they were too concerned with trying to get the Evo X right. I am sure it will get there, just won't be till the 2010 model.

Bill
  • flyboyiiiflyboyiii Member Posts: 1
    220-230 hp turbocharged
    ALL-Wheel Drive
    24k ish

loaded in my dealers computer, however none have shipped yet.
    dont know bout the tranny
  • jgrace88jgrace88 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Flyboyiii...

How can 24k ish be possible for the 09 Ralliart....not loaded anyway...

The awd and + sized engine would seem to make it come in at base between 25 and 29k....Wouldnt you think?

Any info you could pass on would be great....

Thanks
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    It's Sept 2008, still no ralliart?
    Since I'm waiting to see if the Lancer Sportback is coming to the US, these lofty prices will not be an issue at this time. However, I hope that they come down in price. $30K for GTS Turbo/Evo Lite might be a bit hard to swallow.

Sportback:
  • 4wheelpilot4wheelpilot Member Posts: 7
    i just drove the '09 ralliart (and '09 mazdaspeed3).
    i like the RA alot except for two things.
    the sounds the engine makes when pushed are harsh-but i could live with that considering there's so much to like about this car.
    but i couldnt live with the lifeless launch from a standstill. i have driven many cars over the years and currently drive an infiniti fx35. i have never experienced anything like this before. it is hard to believe that Mitsu designed the car this way. what a waste of awd from a launch.
    why is there such a slow wind up to the engine from a standstill-no matter what mode its in?
    is there anything that can be done to "fix" this major problem?

in comparison, even though the mazdaspeed3 is fwd, it is much quicker and much livelier in the first 30 ft.

thanks.
This discussion has been closed.