Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M35/M45 Audio System

2»

Comments

• wsulli78wsulli78 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, I will look into changing out the speakers. Did this also improve the sound of the bass as well?
  • nicmonicmo Member Posts: 5
    Bass was improved quite a bit. I wasn't looking for booming bass but something I could feel and this accomplished that. That along with losing very little trunk space was by goal and both were accomplished.
  • wsulli78wsulli78 Member Posts: 3
    What is the model number of the speakers that you used?
  • barefeetsbarefeets Member Posts: 3
    Hi, could you give me the model # of the speaker you used? Did you install yourself? How do you get into the door panel? Does the speaker grill pop off? Do you have the Bose system or the standard 6-speaker system? Thanks.
  • nicmonicmo Member Posts: 5
    Door speakers are 6.5 inch JL Audio VR650CSI. I have the standard 6 speaker system. Entire door panel must be removed. There are several plugs to undo before you can take the panel off. I read that the stock wiring for the speakers was difficult to reuse and that the mounting of non factory speakers wasn't straight forward so I had the job done by a shop.
  • mark201mark201 Member Posts: 1
    Two questions regarding the audio system on the 2009 M35x:
    1. Is there a faster way to load CD's into the Music Box feature faster than real time?
    2. Is there a way to view FM song title/Artist in a two line static display like that of XM rather that the slow scroll. My Cadillac STS & SRX both were able to view FM Title/Artist information on two static lines?
  • the1chazthe1chaz Member Posts: 2
    I just relocated to Orange County, CA and need to take my M35 Sport in for servicing. I used to live in Carlsbad, CA and was pleased with Hoehn Infiniti but don't want to drive the 100 mile round trip for service. Can anyone recommend a trustworthy dealer service center near Orange County?
  • ranoneranone Member Posts: 2
    I HAVE A 8 SPEAKER ON MY M35 THE SOUND IS GREAT. DO NOT GO DEAF
  • normv7normv7 Member Posts: 3
    I recently purchased a 2007 M35x and wish to activate the satellite radio. Where can I find the ID/ESN number?
  • finadvfinadv Member Posts: 59
    I'm pretty sure that you tune to XM and then go to channel 1.
  • normv7normv7 Member Posts: 3
    Once I tune to XM, (it defaults to 184) it won't allow me to change the station.
  • hugoman32hugoman32 Member Posts: 1
    Hi All! First timer here!!! :) Can anyone tell me what are the front & back doors speakers sizes for my 2009 M35x Base Model, Not Bose? I want to upgrade the speakers but I need sizes... I already check in Cruthfield but they haven't research the car yet. Also I'm interested in upgrading the stereo with a NAV system (ECLIPSE AVN726E - Navigation system with DVD player, LCD monitor, digital player and radio). Will this work for me?

Thank you,

Hugoman32
  • slyfox16slyfox16 Member Posts: 37
    Is there anyway to upload your CDs that are on an ipod, to the M35's hard drive?
  • crblack24crblack24 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if you can rip from a DVD to the music box? I know you can from a CD, so it stands to reason you can with a DVD.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
  • colladocollado Member Posts: 5
    All, i hear that the 2010 M have an USB port, but cannot find mine. I do have a Ipod port (looks like a Infiniti proprietary cable) and have the Tech package (nav system) ??

Should I have a USB port?

Thanks
  • alonmarcusalonmarcus Member Posts: 1
    I just installed the new updated GROM audio IPOD connection and it sound and works great with my premium sound. Highly recommended
  • vic34vic34 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2008 M35 and have been disappointed with the audio system. Is there anyway to hook a non I pod Mp3 player through this system?
  • alanpreston05alanpreston05 Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2011
    I too have been disappointed in the Bose system in my '06 M35x. If you can find a cable that connects to your mp3 player and has RCA connectors on the other end, you can use the auxiliary connection points located in or behind your center console to play it. Just use the "AUX" setting as your source.

Alan
  • migsymigsy Member Posts: 1
    When I bought my 2006 M35x ....I preset FM stations on A-B of radio preset dials. When I hit either of those now, I get the message "Acquiring".....and radio signal never comes in...
    It happened on Preset A about 3 months ago and now same for Preset B stations...
    What would be the issue.
    Is it a fuse?