Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Hyundai Tucson

matrixva1matrixva1 Member Posts: 21
edited March 2014 in Hyundai
Anyone have information on the 2008 Tucson. Colors, body changes, etc. The only thing I could find was on Cars.com which said the following:

"The 2008 model adds active head restraints and an upgraded stereo."

Comments

• joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    Not much yet but there will be a limited inline-4 trim added to the lineup for 2008.
  • matrixva1matrixva1 Member Posts: 21
    I hope at least they'll add an iPod connection and homelink option for the interior. A five speed transmission would be nice but that's probably something that'll go with the gen 2 Tucson in a few years.
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    I am hopeing that they come out with a drivers side 8 way power seat (at least on the Limited Edition).
    Does anyone know when the 2008 models usually do come out? I know over at the Honda CRV forum, the info is posted for the 2008 CRV and will have the 8 way power seat. I am handicapped and the power seat is a definite PLUS for my buying one. I was all ready to get the 2007 Tuscon as the dealer told me it DID have the power seat....and then....when I went there it was not the case. He then tried to talk me into a santaFe (which does have the power seat. I wanted a Tuscon....so I will wait for the 2008 if it has it....if not...i will get the Honda CRV. :mad:
  • batman47batman47 Member Posts: 606
    I did a report 55K miles in my Tucson V6 (see Forum Tucson).

I think that hyundai will not do a serious updated model until 2012. Hyundai will do a few face lift but that will not be enough to prevent sales drop in the near future.

The Hyundai Veracruz hasn't received the projected sales because there are many SUV (or better crossover) in the market (eg. Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, etc). There is a sector in the market that will like to have a compact SUV with real offroad capability similar that the multi-link suspension (rear) like the Kia Sorento. For example the VW Tiguan are sold in three models and the model "Track and field" has superior suspension than the other two making the car a real offroad that can be activated by a switch in the driver's facia.

I think that the Tucson has better suspension that the competition (compact style) for limited offroad capability, however this is not enough for people with real adventure in and out the road. The Kia Sorento, for example has a decent offroad capability but instead of improving this capability Kia will offer the Kia Mesa or Mojave with three row of seats and more engine power. Why more power means more seats?
  • batman47batman47 Member Posts: 606
    I have done soft off road with the Tucson for more than 60K miles since I bought this car. This car, after it has been everywhere; its reliability doesn’t stop to amazing me. I am in the process of buying another car and in spite I love my Tucson I expect to buy another car but the Hyundai. I think people (all ages) nowadays are looking for a compact that can take them off road (soft off road) perhaps 3 months of the year. The other 9 months for commuting between homes, office, school and shopping. For example I personally like the Xenon lights (expensive), controls in the steering wheel, 6- speed Shiftable automatic, vented disc front and rear, mirrors with integrated LED turning lights, skid plates (front and rear), ground clearance above 8.0 inches, immobilizer & anti-theft alarm, 18 inches wheels, turning circle lower than 36’, rear seats folding flat, and so on. Nissan has produced the Rouge, Mitsubishi has the Outlander, VW has the Tigua, Mazda has the CX-7, Saturn has the VUE, and so on. However, Hyundai and Kia are not doing enough to keep its loyal customers buying Hyundai products in the area of SUV compacts. Look at Hyundai has produced a good looking car the Veracruz which is just a saloon with a SUV cloths, Kia is producing the Borrego, a car that surely will be bought by people with trailer purposes (a minority). Unfortunately, human perception is a difficult area and people just want to be considered a person that is on agreement with the time.
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    I think people (all ages) nowadays are looking for a compact that can take them off road (soft off road) perhaps 3 months of the year. The other 9 months for commuting between homes, office, school and shopping.

Most (and I am talking about at least more than 80%) compact crossovers owners DO NOT go off road at all (soft or hard core)

Tucson has been doing fairy well, but has been overshadowed by its brother Santa Fe somewhat. And, since the price range of most entry crossovers (i.e. CR-V, Outlander, RAV4) is comparable to the Santa Fe, the Tucson gets much overlooked by perspective buyers.

That said, Hyundai should be releasing a new Tucson next year, and we should be getting more details soon. Like every other auto manf., Hyundai is spreading out the release of new models, and 2008 is expected to be another busy year:

Hyundai Genesis/BH (RWD luxury sedan)
    Hyundai Soanta facelift
    Hyundai Elantra Touring (i30)
    Hyundai Genesis/BK Coupe
    Hyundai Tucson
    and more...
  • asaasa Member Posts: 359
    That's good news. We like the Tucson's available 5-Speed Manual transmission, but the vehicle is a wee bit too small for our travel needs ... and the Santa Fe is larger than we an comfortably fit in the garage, especially it's width. A lightly upsized and restyled Tuscon would be great if they leave the option for a manual tranny intact. Call us nuts, but we still enjoy shifting gears.
  • denismdenism Member Posts: 1
    The transmission had to be replaced at 140 miles. We were told it would be a new transmission but it turned out to be a "remanufactured" one. They lied to us at the dealership and the follow up calls to the regional office were futile.
    The worst new car expeience ever. I certainly won't order a Tucson or any other Hyundai product again.
This discussion has been closed.