Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander

Comments

• rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    Snap some pics for us please :) Congrats on your new ride.
  • dzmitrydzmitry Member Posts: 20
    YESSSS!!!!
    I've got it :):)
    They still don't know financing rate for 2008,so I I just put down payment, next week I will finish all paperwork...It was only one extra future:new FAST-key very small size,like Toyota's remote(I have 2-nd car Matrix XR) and no cargo cover.
    I will post some pics tomorrow?I'm very tired and happy :)
  • chelentanochelentano Member Posts: 634
    Just smaller key fob? Tha's all, are u sure?
    Congrats, and enjoy...

Can u post a picture of that big paper label they attach to the side window of a new cars? You know, the one which lists all the options and pricing.
    I think that's just a US thing, but I could be wrong.
    Oh, you might be right. I did not realize he is in Canada.
    Absolutely...I asked dealer, and I checked by myself only small FAST key and no cargo cover...And I don't have that big paper label,dealer just got my car from custom in Vancouver port yesterday.They received 7 Outlanders, mostly XLS(Prise was about 35500CAD,I don't remember exactly :(:( )Mine is LS 4WD Convenience Package colour - Deep Blue Metallic...
  • lax24dmidlax24dmid Member Posts: 4
    does anyone know how the MPG compare from the AWD model to 2WD only model (when the AWD system is set to 2WD)

Im not sure if i really need it, as i will probably leave all wheel drive off 90% of the time, but if fuel economy is not effected when in 2 wheel mode i will definitely choose the AWD
    Not much difference. In fact, if you drive in a stop-n-go route most of the time, you wouldn't see any difference at all. The difference in economy can easily be offset by weather and traffic conditions that it will be hard to tell if you get better mileage in 2wd mode. The real mileage difference would be with a 2WD. 4WD trims have a 2WD mode but this isn't as efficient as the full-time 2WD models. But difference isn't that huge, maybe 1-2 mpgs better than the 4WD models. For me, 4WD is the way to go, especially now that it's almost winter in 3mos time.
  • dodo2dodo2 Member Posts: 496
    I see body-colored door handles. The 07 LS has black door handles.
    Yes.Looks cool :),and I like colour of my car. Was waiting for it for 5 weeks...
    No complains, nice,smooth,fast and enjoyable driving.No noise,seats are comfy enough...I really like it!!! :)
  • outlanderlsgeooutlanderlsgeo Member Posts: 21
    why can't i see the pictures? i had the unfortunate incident of having my beloved outie to be involved in an acccident. my outie was rear ended and got a significant amount of damage that the lower tailgate had to be replaced and parts of the rear bumper. any ideas on when the full crash test details would come out? i am curious about the outies ratings. thanks! DZMITRY, congratulations on your new ride!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Can you see them in Dzmitry's CarSpace album?
    And I also see the EURO DOOR PANELS! Dang! I've been asking for those all year long. It's not fair....
    The good thing is that Mitsu seems to listen and act on people's feedback. I wonder what other small (seamless for most), changes they made for 2008?
  • piastpiast Member Posts: 269
    Congratulations.
    Looks sharp. Is it Blue exterior and gray interior combo?
    That would be my first choice, not available on 07 in US as far as I know, unless they added it for 08. Where did you get all weather mats, are they OEM ?
    No.I've got mats from Superstore-16$ for pair :) I put them on top of OEM floor mats...
    Exterior Colour - Deep Blue Metallic,Interior Colour - Black Cloth,it was sunny day,when picture was taken.
    Thanks all of u!!!
    any word on the MPG of the 2008 four cylinder with the CVT? motor trend est. 31 highway but i doubt that.
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes Member Posts: 1,019
    I don't know, my 4WD V6 gets upper 20's easily so I could believe over 30 with a 4 cyl.
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
  • leseuldanielleseuldaniel Member Posts: 45
    Last night I saw the first tv publicity for the 2008 outlander in Canada. It's the same publicity as last year, but with 2008 instead of 2007 writen on the wall. I guess we should be able to get pricing and specs very very soon on their website...
    Oh and by the way, the starting price stated is 500$ cheaper than the 2007...
    Hi all,

FYI, here is the info I got from the canadian dealer today:

2008 outie arrives this week.
    4cyl engine CVT in 2wd and 4wd
    6cyl engine 6 speed in 4wd only

convenience package now included in all models.
    price very similar (ie, XLS is increased by 700$)
    optional sound system changed to 350W
    keyless start in LS
    3rd row available in LS

Overall, more options and more reasonable price (considering the options now included in the price)

Moreover, Mitsu, like most manufacturer is waiting to drop prices to adjust for strong CAD dollar. Expect a 15% drop by next summer (no garantee though)
    I think a delete option for the 3rd row in the XLS would have been more appreciated.
  • lrg355lrg355 Member Posts: 3
    I went to buy a 2007 RAV4 V6 but was treated like they were doing me a big favor to sell the car. I walked to the next dealer and bought a 07 XLS. It is a much better looking vehicle (diamond white pearl). Not as quick as the RAV4, but rides much better. 6 speed tranny is excellent. V6 needs a bit more power. 3rd row seat is useless. Milage is checked very carefully and is 23/24 on the highway, but I usually drive 70/75 mph. Interior is somewhat on the low grade side but is acceptable. One word to the wise,DO NOT spill any coffee on the silver "painted" portions of the console and allow to dry overnight as the paint will come off when cleaned. Mitsi surely needs to address issues such as this.
    New Outlander 2008 OEM accessory catalog is available. Most of these items usualy available at US dealerships by special order. This includes parking sensors, backup camera, multicolor Xenon lights, door panels, wood trim, sports interior enhancements, in-grill blue light, chrome side mirrors, etc... but excludes navigation and stereos.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/support/accessory/catalog/pdf/OUTLANDER_AC_07- 10.pdf
  • spaceman210spaceman210 Member Posts: 50
    Thanks; will there be an English version of this catalog available? I can't imagine the local dealer working with this one.
    I don't think that public catalog available yet, but parts department at a dealershp should have one. Last time I spoke to my dealer (in May) he said: quote "Side moldings, rear view camera and rear parking sensors and
    Xenon lights in different colors are available. Luggage hardware and bike attachments are also available."
    According to fueleconomy.org, the 2008 outlander awd gets 17 city, 24 highway, 20 combined whereas the 2007 got 17/23/19. Funny and unusual. I guess by 2010 it will the the Rav4 V6!
  • piastpiast Member Posts: 269
    I'm lost with this numbers. 07 and 08 Outlanders are exactly the same in fuel economy. EPA calculations have changed not real word numbers. 07 XLS AWD was rated 19/26. Most of us easily exceed those estimates. With just over 1K miles my Outlander burns 1 Gal every 21.5 miles (driving only in the suburbs).
    EPA testing has changed and is harsher for this year. They try to calculate older years to match the new standards. So the 2007 sticker on the window actually said 20 city 27 highway but was converted recently by calculation; not testing like in 2008.

Motor trends Nov 07 preview/review of 2008 models estimates the new 2008 2.4L 4cyl with CVT may get 31 highway!
  • dexfx69dexfx69 Member Posts: 1
    I live in Canada; I just paid $30000 (grand total incl gst) for a 2007 LS with convenience pkg, 2wd. What did you pay, total for your 2008 LS with convenience pkg?
    I paid d/payment only. Dealer still does not know price and financing for 2008.I was told it gonna cost me $29,843+taxes(sticker price for 2007 less paperwork)
    Please report on your deals (Canadian ones too) over in the Mitsubishi Outlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion.
    I'm just answering questions...
    and I'm just plugging the other discussions here. :shades:
  • casolorzcasolorz Member Posts: 88
    Does anyone know for sure what is new for the 08 model in the US? are we getting the diesel??
    Just came out:

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.ca/2008/Outlander/Specs.aspx?lng=2

The fuel consumption of the 2.4l CVT is disappointing IMO. About the same as the rav 4 2.4

There has been a reshuffling of options two. Price is higher.
    Am I crazy here of did someone at mitsu really screw up?

Towing Capacity 3,307 kg. / 1,500 lbs.
    No, they didn't screw up. The I4 2.4L has 1500 lb towing capacity which is about the norm for this engine size.
    The V6 still has 3500 lb towing capacity.
    The price is still far better than the competition. Note that things like leather steering wheel & knob, 16" alloy, roof rails, Bluetooth pre-wired, tinted glass, colour-keyed door handles are standard now.
    The price is still far better than the competition.

Yes, the old convenience package is now included. This still leaves an increase of 500-800$ for the various trims. Surprizing in the context of increased pressure on the canadian manufacturers to close the 20-30% gap in price compared to the US.

Still is a great handling CUV! I<ll wait for real-world mpg for the 2.4, but it doesnt seem to be worth it.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Am I crazy here of did someone at mitsu really screw up?

Towing Capacity 3,307 kg. / 1,500 lbs.

It looks like it since 3,300 kilograms translates to about 7,200 pounds.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    I was talking more about the conversion from kg to lb.
    Sorry I didn't look at the KG number.
    looks like the 08 is finally out in the US at least according to the mitsu website....
  • spaceman210spaceman210 Member Posts: 50
    The only changes I noticed for '08 are deletion of Aqua in favor of a different green, and a statement in Interior specs that the 1 & 2 seat rows fold flat on the XLS. Perhaps that means there is a detent position before the 2nd row tumbles - seems pointless since it won't provide a flat load floor - or does it mean they recline to 180 degrees - ?
This discussion has been closed.