Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

97' JGC Fuel Problem

circaalcircaal Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Jeep
Ok I did my searching and didn't find anything about it. When I go to the gas station I have a problem fueling. I'll begin fueling and then the pump will stop as if I'm trying to top off. But Im not and I can get maybe a third of a gallon in before the pump level clicks and gives way. I think it is a problem that has to do with the gas not entering the gas tank fast enough but it's really starting to bug me and was wondering if you guys could help at all. Thanks for all your help in advance.
-BTY

Comments

• xscoutxscout Member Posts: 141
    The first thing I would suggest is trying a different pump at the gas station. Sometimes the nozzle is the problem. If you are not that lucky, check the venting of the gas tank. There may be a kink in the hose or some other type of blockage. Sometimes just changing the position of the nozzle in the filler neck can make a big difference. Hope this helps...
  • circaalcircaal Member Posts: 3
    Well I tried all of these to no avail. I have tried several gas stations as well. Any other suggestions?
    -BTY
  • coda1016coda1016 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 96 cherokee limited and today it started doing the same thing as what you experienced. What did you find out? I am frustrated with this. Can you help?
  • circaalcircaal Member Posts: 3
    Well actually I found out nothing. I have just been dealing with it and what I am doing is pumping gas really slowly. I am pulling the handle just so that the gas starts to flow and I haven't had to stop yet.
    -BTY
This discussion has been closed.