Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Quest Entertainment Systems

tbrinkertbrinker Member Posts: 2
Looking into buying a used Quest SE 2004 or newer. One option that is a must is a DVD. If I find one without DVD is it difficult to add DVD? I know with the moon roof and everything probably only a specific size will fit???

Thanks

Comments

• famof3kidsfamof3kids Member Posts: 160
    Since the Quest forum was shutdown, it seems that Claires wants us to create a new discussion group for each issue. This is odd, as I've not seen this on other forums, such as the Subaru forum, anyway....here it is.

Has anyone notice that their Bose radio (SE owners) seems to go in and out of 'stereo' mode for no reason? I know that if radio reception is interrupted this will happen, but, it happens with CD's as well. It's really odd to be listening to music and it go to 'mono' and back. This doesn't happen often, but, has caught our attention a few times.

Mark
    2004 Quest SE
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Hi, famof3kids,

Not odd at all, and I'm not staging a coup over here in Vans & Minivans :-) These changes are taking place in all of our Forums, and have already happened in the Forester, Baja and Tribeca topics over in Subaru. The idea is to help members find the topics they're looking for more easily. To that end, I've changed the name of this topic to Nissan Quest: Audio System Questions.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• tjshantjshan Member Posts: 28
    Well, since we are starting a new thread for audio questions...

I recently got a set of the wireless headphones for our 06 SE which by the way does NOT have a DVD player...they work fine...which was a nice surprise. Now I would like to find a way to tap into the audio system to connect the kids portable DVD player audio...any idea where and what the DVD acc plug under the seat looks like , I assume all the cars were wired for DVD, just not installed.

BTW, if anyone needs an extra DVD remote...contact me.

Tom
    What? All Nissan Quest SE come standard with the DVD player. I think it was moved to the dash on the '07, maybe the '06, but on the '04 it was under the passenger seat. It has RCA video/audio inputs, which we use for video games and mp3 player.

Mark
    Sorry, My mistake...we have an 06 3.5SL with Spec Ed package...no DVD player. IT sure would be nice to find the AV inputs though to pipe the portable DVD or laptop into the audio.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    Check under the front passenger seat for the connections. I had an aftermarket unit installed and this is where it is located.
  • cirrusscirruss Member Posts: 87
    dtownfb....what year and what model is your Quest van? Did your Quest only come with a single CD player? It's also possible the shop that installed it also installed an aftermarket interface module to make your system work.
    2004 Quest S with single CD. it was an aftermarket installation by a company that the dealer uses for it's electronics. they most likely did install the interface aftermarket. This is probably very common.
    I found the plug under the seat, has about 8 inputs. anyone have a wiring schematic to ID which ones are the audio?
  • dmartin6dmartin6 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know where to buy a Nissan compatible DVD remote for a reasonable price? We drive an 04 Quest and unfortunately our remote was recently lost.

Thanks,

Doug
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    Doug,

We have one from an '06..i would imagine it would work...give me an offer and its yours

Tom
    tjshan68@aol.com
  • dmartin6dmartin6 Member Posts: 2
    Tom,

Did you receive my email the other day?

Doug
    dmartin@magma.ca
  • vil99vil99 Member Posts: 4
    My radio/CD/clock display goes blank now that cold weather is here. '99 Villager Sport, 47k, w/ rear seat radio controls & 6 CD changer. When the interior warms up real hot then it comes on again. Any answer besides replacing the whole unit? TIA! Larry
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    It's a known problem involving a bad solder joint on a control panel; I've been lucky that mine hasn't gone out on my '99 Quest.

Try an Advanced (text) Search for Quest radio display in Vans for posts like this one:

dtu1, "Nissan Quest/Mercury Villager problems" #2127, 11 Nov 2005 9:12 am

Steve, Host
    SUVs & Speed Shop
  • hanyssahanyssa Member Posts: 1
    We lost the remote for our 2001 Quest with the factory installed autovision VCR unit. Does anyone have one they'd love to part with? Or know of where I could go to get one?

Thanks!
    Pam
    Yoou may have luck with an universal remote from Walmart (or Target, Radio Shack, K-Mart, Boscov's, etc.). Cost you about $7-$8.
  • emmasmomemmasmom Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an '04 Quest with the DVD and I'm wondering how the kids can listen to the movie in the back and we can listen to the radio in the front. Is that possible? If so, how? Any advice is appreciated!
    Thanks
  • heehawheehaw Member Posts: 8
    I have a 2005 Nissan Quest 3.5S and want to install Offmarket DVD/Mp3 Player. Are there any good models out there that can fit into the current CD player slot in the console? Or will the DVD player have to be installed somewhere else? I am looking for the LCD screen to be attached to the ceiling.

Thanks
  • harvejeharveje Member Posts: 6
    Most will fit in the storage bin under the pass. seat. You will have to lift the seat out for more room. I think that is where the factory one is. You can use a fm transmitter to broadcast the signal thru the radio. I wish we could tap into the radio for the audio signal. I bought 2 leather wrapped monitors with the adjustable post that fit where the orininal headrest are.
    To add on to what harveje posted, any audio/video store should be able to help you. I had my DVD unit added by the dealer after purchase. They sent it to a audio/video store. The unit is under the passenger seat facing the driver and easily accessed by the driver or passenger. I have the over head monitor. i Like this unit because the people in the third seat can also view it. The monitor does not interfere with rear vision.
    I believe the only way you can do it is to have the kids use wireless headphones. you can pick them up at any store like Radio Shack, Best buy, etc.
    That is correct. Push the 'headphone' button on the console. When you do this, the rear speakers will mute, and you can listen to CD/Radio/Sat on the front speakers.

Mark
    04 Quest SE
  • freefanefreefane Member Posts: 1
    I had 2004 nissan quest se model and what I understand the se come with pre-wire for the video system, and I try to find the plug but no luck. can you send me some pictures where and what it look like.. Thanks very much.
    David
    Can't show you a picture but look under the passenger seat.
  • bnsfcondrbnsfcondr Member Posts: 5
    We just bought an 04 Quest with the factory DVD installed, but it did not have the headphones with it. Does anyone know if I can purchase any wireless IR headphones to use with this system? I have found numerous listings on Ebay for other manufacturers, but didn't know if they would work for a Nissan.
  • ernie144ernie144 Member Posts: 5
    Have an 04 Quest, and 4-5 times I've started the car on a cold day, and the radio makes no sound. The display works, volume numbers go up/down with the dial, cd will "play", but no sound comes out. Being a computer guy, I "rebooted" the car, and sound comes out. Anybody else had this problem? I haven't seen this issue on the recall list, and I know it's so intermittent that I shouldn't bother taking it to the dealer
  • plashenickplashenick Member Posts: 165
    This was one of the earliest problems with the 04 with the Clariion Radio. There is a problem with the built-in AMP. The dealer should have had this as a TSB/ Recall. Look in the Quest 2004 blag and you will find it
  • citron1911citron1911 Member Posts: 1
    hey- just picked up an 04 se, w/out factory dvd. I'd like to add the factory dvd system, did you ever find out if the wiring is there to add it on?
  • cirrusscirruss Member Posts: 87
    Yes, this was a problem on some of the 04 Quest. I don't know if they ever got a TSB for this, but my dealer just took my word for it and replaced it. By the way, it took us 2 new radios before getting one that worked fine. The fix is to replace the CD player unit itself. The amplifier is inside the CD player.
    I'm pretty sure they will work with your system. I think they are short range and pick up a certain signal transmitted by a DVD. Try e-mailing the seller on EBay before buying the headphones.
    Call your local Nissan dealership and ask what local shop they use to install aftermarket audio-visual equipment. CAll the shop and let them know you want to install a DVD player that will play out of the radio or using wireless headphones. They'll take care of the rest.
  • vinhphucvinhphuc Member Posts: 44
    Hi,
    I'm wondering if someone can help me with this problem. We have a Quest 05 SE. My understanding is the car audio system is not MP3 capable. Now I have a music library in which songs were downloaded from the iTune music store. These wer bought before Apple came out with the copy protection-free songs. Is there a way to burn songs of my library on a CD to play on the Quest audio system. I've tried Toast with Jam software, but the burned CD gave out no sound although it appears to contain my songs. BTW, I have no ipod since that may solve my problem much easier.
    Phuc
    I have played tons of my burned CD in my 2004 Quest. The big question is do these CDs play in other CD players. If not, the problem is most likely how you burned the CD. You may want to check the iTunes program. I think you are allowed to copy the downloaded music to CD a limited number of times before it stops you. I think you have to do it through their program (iTunes). I did this with my wife's music for her maryKay business. We had to burn the CD using the iTune program.
  • maillouxmailloux Member Posts: 2
    i have the same problem last night the display work but no sound, and it not the first time that happen. you think that there is a recall for that problem?
  • jmattjmatt Member Posts: 1
    My player will not take in the cd, if you push it in then it will not eject. Does anyone know how to get the cd player out or is it a simpler job to fix? This quest only has 40000 miles on it. JMATT
  • javidoggjavidogg Member Posts: 366
    Hello,

I have a friend that just recently bought a 2007 Quest and he was wondering how you can add the over the air TV signals to his factory set up, his Quest has the DVD with 2 screens.

I take it, it might be something like adding some type of relay switch or something.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
  • plashenickplashenick Member Posts: 165
    There is a TSB for this going back to mid 2004. The dealer should be aware of this. I took Nissan through Lemon Law action for thsi. The problem is with the single -cd Clariion radio and its' amp. The entire unit (which is under 5/60 warranty) will be replaced.
  • hotfoxhotfox Member Posts: 7
    I put 3 screens in 3 of the headrests in my quest with remote to a 'dvd player' mounted on the floor of my van - up front. It has 3 wireless headphones.

Bit of a 'primative system' but has saved me tons of times on arguements while doing long drives.

I like the headrest BETTER THAN those up top in the roof.

I'd wished though - it came with adaptors for game systems - they have those now.

Pat
    You should not have a problem getting an aftermarket unit installed even with the moon roof. Any decent audio/visual shop can do it.
  • sweetteesweettee Member Posts: 3
    I am in need of a new screen for my Quest tv/vcr player or can I upgrade with a new player? May be a dvd player? I've changed my radio and I replaced my regulator on my window driver side. These were not hard to do. But, I wanted to know if it's difficult to find replacements for vcr's and such?

Thanks,
    Sweet Tee in SC
  • sweetteesweettee Member Posts: 3
    I wanted to know if there's an online stores to buy after market products or replacement products of older model vans. I need this replacement screen for my Nissan Quest 2001

Thanks,
    Sweettee

:confuse:
    Pretty much anything is possible with electronics and vehicles. I don't see an issue with swapping a DVD player for the VCR. They connect the same. you have to be careful with size as the DVD will be smaller.

The screen should be a straight swap. You should be able to go to most electronic stores and find a replacement.
  • vinhphucvinhphuc Member Posts: 44
    We have a 05 Quest SE with dual-screen DVD entertainment system. It's an aftermarket model (Myron&David). The new Chrysler minivan also has dual-screen entertainment system with the difference that a different movie can be played on each screen. Nissan should have come out with such feature on their Quest since it was the first minivan with 2 screens. It could have been a big "plus" in their marketing. Anyway I'm interested to know if there exists an aftermarket system similar to the Chrysler minivan? I'd appreciate any input.
    Thanks,
    Phuc
  • stonepoststonepost Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 Suest with an Autovision Family Entertainment System. The stereo came with a video cassette player, but I want to install a cd or dvd player. Any ideas or suggestions?
    Tim
    As another poster mentioned, you can do jsut about anything with electronics. Find a local A/V place and have them take a look at it. It should be possible. It's a matter of two independents units. The biggest obstacle i see is sound.
    Shouldn't be a problem. DVD player and CD player have the same connections. matter of finding one that fits where your VCR is.
  • michdjmichdj Member Posts: 2
    Is there any brand of aftermarket audio system that will work with the 04 Quest? The usual electronics stores just look at me funny when I ask them what fits. Please help!
    Try the Crutchfield website.
  • michdjmichdj Member Posts: 2
    I've checked out the Crutchfield site. It shows just about anything can be installed with a "modified fit." I'm hoping there's something out there that will interface with the display panel on the dash. The CD player is installed so low I couldn't possibly see anything down there to change stations, cd's, etc. Any ideas?
    For waht you are looking for a dealer would not have. But if I were you, i would call the dealer and ask who does their after market installations for the Quest. Call that shop and see what they can do.