Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Quest Entertainment Systems

Comments

• dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,915
    Call your local Nissan dealership and ask what local shop they use to install aftermarket audio-visual equipment. CAll the shop and let them know you want to install a DVD player that will play out of the radio or using wireless headphones. They'll take care of the rest.
  • vinhphucvinhphuc Posts: 44
    Hi,
    I'm wondering if someone can help me with this problem. We have a Quest 05 SE. My understanding is the car audio system is not MP3 capable. Now I have a music library in which songs were downloaded from the iTune music store. These wer bought before Apple came out with the copy protection-free songs. Is there a way to burn songs of my library on a CD to play on the Quest audio system. I've tried Toast with Jam software, but the burned CD gave out no sound although it appears to contain my songs. BTW, I have no ipod since that may solve my problem much easier.
    Phuc
    I have played tons of my burned CD in my 2004 Quest. The big question is do these CDs play in other CD players. If not, the problem is most likely how you burned the CD. You may want to check the iTunes program. I think you are allowed to copy the downloaded music to CD a limited number of times before it stops you. I think you have to do it through their program (iTunes). I did this with my wife's music for her maryKay business. We had to burn the CD using the iTune program.
  • maillouxmailloux Posts: 2
    i have the same problem last night the display work but no sound, and it not the first time that happen. you think that there is a recall for that problem?
  • jmattjmatt Posts: 1
    My player will not take in the cd, if you push it in then it will not eject. Does anyone know how to get the cd player out or is it a simpler job to fix? This quest only has 40000 miles on it. JMATT
  • javidoggjavidogg Posts: 366
    Hello,

I have a friend that just recently bought a 2007 Quest and he was wondering how you can add the over the air TV signals to his factory set up, his Quest has the DVD with 2 screens.

I take it, it might be something like adding some type of relay switch or something.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
  • plashenickplashenick Posts: 162
    There is a TSB for this going back to mid 2004. The dealer should be aware of this. I took Nissan through Lemon Law action for thsi. The problem is with the single -cd Clariion radio and its' amp. The entire unit (which is under 5/60 warranty) will be replaced.
  • I put 3 screens in 3 of the headrests in my quest with remote to a 'dvd player' mounted on the floor of my van - up front. It has 3 wireless headphones.

Bit of a 'primative system' but has saved me tons of times on arguements while doing long drives.

I like the headrest BETTER THAN those up top in the roof.

I'd wished though - it came with adaptors for game systems - they have those now.

Pat
    You should not have a problem getting an aftermarket unit installed even with the moon roof. Any decent audio/visual shop can do it.
  • I am in need of a new screen for my Quest tv/vcr player or can I upgrade with a new player? May be a dvd player? I've changed my radio and I replaced my regulator on my window driver side. These were not hard to do. But, I wanted to know if it's difficult to find replacements for vcr's and such?

Thanks,
    Sweet Tee in SC
  • I wanted to know if there's an online stores to buy after market products or replacement products of older model vans. I need this replacement screen for my Nissan Quest 2001

Thanks,
    Sweettee

:confuse:
    Pretty much anything is possible with electronics and vehicles. I don't see an issue with swapping a DVD player for the VCR. They connect the same. you have to be careful with size as the DVD will be smaller.

The screen should be a straight swap. You should be able to go to most electronic stores and find a replacement.
  • We have a 05 Quest SE with dual-screen DVD entertainment system. It's an aftermarket model (Myron&David). The new Chrysler minivan also has dual-screen entertainment system with the difference that a different movie can be played on each screen. Nissan should have come out with such feature on their Quest since it was the first minivan with 2 screens. It could have been a big "plus" in their marketing. Anyway I'm interested to know if there exists an aftermarket system similar to the Chrysler minivan? I'd appreciate any input.
    Thanks,
    Phuc
  • I have a 2001 Suest with an Autovision Family Entertainment System. The stereo came with a video cassette player, but I want to install a cd or dvd player. Any ideas or suggestions?
    Tim
    As another poster mentioned, you can do jsut about anything with electronics. Find a local A/V place and have them take a look at it. It should be possible. It's a matter of two independents units. The biggest obstacle i see is sound.
    Shouldn't be a problem. DVD player and CD player have the same connections. matter of finding one that fits where your VCR is.
  • michdjmichdj Posts: 2
    Is there any brand of aftermarket audio system that will work with the 04 Quest? The usual electronics stores just look at me funny when I ask them what fits. Please help!
    Try the Crutchfield website.
  • michdjmichdj Posts: 2
    I've checked out the Crutchfield site. It shows just about anything can be installed with a "modified fit." I'm hoping there's something out there that will interface with the display panel on the dash. The CD player is installed so low I couldn't possibly see anything down there to change stations, cd's, etc. Any ideas?
    For waht you are looking for a dealer would not have. But if I were you, i would call the dealer and ask who does their after market installations for the Quest. Call that shop and see what they can do.
  • :confuse: Is the standard CD player compatible with MP3s?

This CD player has a plugin for MP3 players. However, the manual seems to indicate that MP3 CDs are also compatible. It even gives the tech specs for burning them, although not all MP3 specs needed. I cannot get any MP3 CD to play. Of course, MP3 CD-Rs are data CDs, not audio CDs. It only shows track 1 and the time counter acts like something is playing. No error is generated.

I have been burning MP3s for years on various PC software (Nero, Windows Media, MusicMatch Jukebox) and know how to do it wuite well.
    Thanks,
    Facmanboss
  • leerichleerich Posts: 1
    We just bought a 2004 Nissan Quest and have had a couple of problems, first the CD player won't eject our CD, it makes a clicking noise and the indicator on the dash turns off saying there is no CD in the player. Has anyone had this problem? How do I get the CD out? I tried taking the whole unit out but couldn't get the center console to come off. Any ideas??
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,312
    The How to Remove a Stuck CD guide may help.

Steve, visiting host

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• bordofotobordofoto Posts: 2
    Dear Plashenick,

Hello--what is a TSB? I have a 2004 Quest and my CD player is broken, how can I get a new one thru the dealer forf ree, if so?

Please help==

Mike
    e-mail--bordofoto@aol.com
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,026
    A TSB is Technical Service Bulletin.

Check our Maintenance Guide for TSBs for your Quest.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• bordofotobordofoto Posts: 2
    REMOVING CD PLAYER ON MY 2004 QUEST

Anyone know how to do this?

TY

Mike
    Also the 2004 Quest are covered for 5 yrs/60k miles. If you are under for mileage, it should be covered.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,312
    You might get some info at crutchfield.com or Installdr.com.

Steve, visiting host

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• We just purchased a 2008 Quest SL that has the LCD information center on the center of the dash. The stock radio has a fm/am/sat button. I would like to install a satellite radio antenna and connect it to the back of the stock radio and have the satellite radio channel information displayed on the LCD (as the F.M. channel and song information is currently displayed on the LCD). I would rather not have a satellite receiver cluttering things on top of the dash. Is this type of set-up possible? Does anyone know how my car/audio system is wired with regards to the satellite radio button on the dash and the LCD? Thanks.
  • xmasxmas Posts: 2
    you can now have sirrius backseat tv installed on your car. it gives the kids options of watching nickelodean, disney or cartoon network (AFTER MARKET- unless you have brand new dodge,chrysler) in addition to the dvd players. My kids love this extra option -- exspecially for the long car trips