Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sienna Extended Warranty & Service Offers

124»

Comments

• circuitsmithcircuitsmith Member Posts: 117
    Not worth it for another 27K miles IMHO.

In 2007 I paid $900 to extend my 2006 Matrix to 7 years and 100K.
    It had 8K when I bought it.
    The free roadside assistance for 6 years made it seem worthwhile.
  • suzyrsuzyr Member Posts: 3
    $1000 sounds like a good price, it will keep you protected for about two extra years. Unfortunately, you can't predict what happens to your car in a few years. It's similar to health insurance... I don't think that there is a correct answer to your question. You have to decide if you want to spend extra $1000 to stay protected a little longer.
  • jinneebhatjinneebhat Member Posts: 2
  • jprocjproc Member Posts: 135
    the certification takes you to how many miles? Seems pointless to spend 1,000 for a few extra miles of warranty.I have an 00 with 186k on the clock -these are pretty solid cars
  • honzykhonzyk Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone
    Can anyone help me where to buy Toyota extended warranty on North Carolina or neighbouring state? All dealerships sell only 3rd party warranty. Thanks
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    edited May 2014

@honzyk said:
    Hello everyone
    Can anyone help me where to buy Toyota extended warranty on North Carolina or neighbouring state? All dealerships sell only 3rd party warranty. Thanks

You don't have to buy in North Carolina. Factory extended warranties/service plans can be sold by any authorized Toyota dealer in the country, and some do it as an internet side business. A web search should get you those dealers and price ideas.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited May 2014

Apparently Toyota won't let dealers sell them across state lines anymore. Be curious to hear if people are able to pick up the phone and buy them or if you have to physically be at the store.

Toyota limits online warranties (autonews.com)

• KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516

Lovely. Down in that article was the reason - one dealer was underselling everyone across the country. Dealers try to use extended service plans as a profit center, but it's hard to do if someone is willing to minimize their margin in exchange for volume. So far, most of the other automakers have not followed suit. Dealers complain, Toyota comes up with an excuse about jurisdictions (that other manufacturers apparently don't have an issue with), and that's that.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Yeah, and the online dealers were selling the extended warranties for around half price, which just goes to show how much they are marked up. Lovely indeed. :p

• meowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeow Member Posts: 1
    on Saturday I paid for the extended warranty when I purchased the car but immediately regret it because my car was new ( it has the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty as any new vehicle ) and there was no immediately need to purchase the extended warranty, and why do I want to give myself more pressure by adding $60 more to the monthly payment. It just made no sense.
    I called Toyota Financial Services an they informed me they could cancel the VSA but my monthly would stay the same just finish the contract sooner 52 month instead of 60 month, and the only way to get my monthly payment to decrease is to go back to the dealership. On Monday I called, emailed, and the send a certified letter stating my request. And each day I would resend the email again adding " await your assistance". On Wednesday, surprisingly before the dealership receive the certified letter, they called me and helped me to rewrite the contract so my monthly payment went down.

I think they knew about the certified letter ( cuz I told the sales guy ) coming and the finance manager knows now a days customers do share info and it is greatly valued. they wanted to get on our good sides, that's why they helped. I am glad it is done.