Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus IS-F

moreaction54moreaction54 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Lexus
Lexus announces the Taste of Lexus "Evening Edition" for one night only in each of the following locations: Chicago (Arlington Park), NY (Jackson, NJ), and Miami (Miami Gardens). This Taste "lite" has been created in recognition of performance enthusiasts, and will focus all test drives exclusively on a short performance course, normally reserved for the IS and GS only. The IS F will also be showcased, with demonstration runs on a dynomometer available. These evening events will occur as shown:

Chicago area
Saturday, September 8; 7-10pm
Arlington Park
2200 West Euclid Ave.
Arlington Heights (Parking Lot A)

NY Area
Saturday, September 22; 7-10pm
Six Flags Great Adventure
1 SixFlags Blvd. - Route 537
Jackson, NJ (Hurricane Harbor lot)

Miami Area
Saturday, October 20; 7-10pm
Calder Race Course
21001 NW 27th Ave.
Miami Gardens (Lot C, E, F)

Please note that the only way to register for these evening sessions is by phone: 1-888-236-9117. The call center is open 24/7 to assist with reservations and to provide more information. Registration for the evening edition may NOT be completed online, however general information is available at www.TasteofLexus.com. We look forward to seeing you at one of these events!

Comments

• louisweilouiswei Member Posts: 3,715
    During the Taste of Lexus Evening Event in Santa Anita Park, CA. On top of that I also drove the GS350 in a small course. Was disappointed that Lexus didn't offer the SC430, LS460 and GS450h for us to drive. The only models that we can drive are the GS350, IS350 and IS250. I only choose the GS350 since there is no point to drive my own car...

Here are my impressions:

IS-F: This is really not a dyno test instead it's a simulated 1/4-mile run on a dyno. I got to sit in the IS-F, drive it to 4th gear (I got to shift it myself), let go of the gas and let it coast. Overall, the V8 is pretty impressive, I'll say it is definitely over 420HP. It doesn't have a traditional V8 low grunt, instead it has a high pitch scream, very nice. The 8-speed transmission shifts fast under manual mode. May not be as fast as the DSG but is definitely faster than the regular IS and other shift-tronics out there. I really wasn't a fan on how does the IS-F look when it debut back in January but this is one of those cars that pictures just don't do it justice. The side profile is very nice, the bulk hood doesn't look out of shape and the big vent on the side looks reserve and not boy-racer like. Bottom line is this is a pretty impressive effort from Lexus but would be better if they drop a manual tranny in there.

LS600hL: The interior is much better than the regular LS. The dash, door panel and center console are all covered by leather. Very nice. Is it worth over 100 grand? I don't know since I am not into the ubber-luxury sedans. This is definitely not a driver's car, may have more appeal to backseat buyers with the massage captain's chair and all the goodies in the back. Overall it is a worthy competitor to the S600 and 760iL.

GS350: Drove the GS350 on a small track, it has good pickup, decent brake and went through the corner with ease. Overall speaking, with the 2GR-FSE under the hood it felt like a bigger IS350 with a softer suspension. For anyone who likes the IS350 but needs a bigger backseat this is definitely a good alternative.

Side note: The Lexus rep told us while waiting to drive the IS-F that there are definitely other F models in the pipeline. I asked him so does that mean the GS-F is definitely coming. He said: Shh...

Here's the picture I tood with the IS-F on the Dyno:

• etarabolousetarabolous Member Posts: 1
    If any one was wondering on the IS-F the Quad Tail pipes are functionally so if you have watched the video on Edmund's about the IS-F do not listen to the part about the four tail pipes not really working ok.
  • eclipse2eclipse2 Member Posts: 64
    I love this car got it on Friday night on the way home from work ran in to a guy with a BMW 750 he didn't know what this was (IS F) so he step hard on it and I did the same when he heard that rumble he gave up quick!!! lol this car gets to 100mph fast! a friend of mine still say Lexus couldn't make this...I will update more later on the cars great ride and all!! :shades:
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    Hi. what did you pay for the IS-F.?

Could you give any experience about your car. driving road feel handling comfort etc etc.

What were you driving before getting the IS F

LOL he step hard on gas and quickly found it that your car was faster than his :P

Careful running into a S63 or 65 amg ;)

Enjoy your ride hope to get your reply. :)
    I paid $57,700 for it I trade in my 2008 Acura TL Type S which is a great car too! I also have a 06 Acura RL which I will use in the bad weather and the LS F when it is nice out!! so far I only really got to drive the car 2 times that was friday coming home and today coming into work which was fun because I see the same people everyday driving in and there is 1 guy I see all the time he has S 400 MB I took him apart today got it up to about 105 mph it seem like in about 5 sec the handle on this car is for real they Lexus did a great job with this car for a 1st time sports car! also I was never a Lexus fan until this car came out I still love Acura's my wife has a 07 MDX so I have been driving Acura since 1991 if you like speed and handle and a sure ride here is the car for you!! tonight I will be out there to see what it can do again...lol
    I got out of work at 12 midnight it was coming down hard the LS F was great in the rain the handle was there!! I'm kind of pissed at Acura for all these years and they couldn't come out with something like this!!! :confuse: not only is the car fast and handles great the ride is so nice not at all hard as I had heard! the only thing that I don't like so far and it only happen 2 times is my arm hit the stick and it went into M mode and I didn't know!! if Lexus would have put a better display for letting you know you are in M mode it would have been a 100% perfect car... Acura has a better display in letting you know when you are in M mode well 250 miles on it so far I may let it rest a day or 2... ;)
    I guess you did not like your Acura much, Is that why you traded a new car?

because I see the same people everyday driving in and there is 1 guy I see all the time he has S 400 MB I took him apart today got it up to about 105 mph it seem like in about 5 sec the handle on this car is for real they Lexus did a great job with this car for a 1st time sports car

WOW that must have been A GREAT feeling. Careful going up to those speeds
    Those darn radars are coming everywhere. Definitely a great job on thier first attempt.

I was never a Lexus fan until this car came out I still love Acura's my wife has a 07 MDX so I have been driving Acura since 1991 if you like speed and handle and a sure ride here is the car for you!! tonight I will be out there to see what it can do again... lol

Well I have been a lexus fan for around 2 years very nice electronics from japan (WHICH YOU CAN TRUST)

LOL you are kind of a racer.

Dangerous on road ;)
    I got out of work at 12 midnight it was coming down hard the LS F was great in the rain the handle was there!! I'm kind of pissed at Acura for all these years and they couldn't come out with something like this!!! not only is the car fast and handles great the ride is so nice not at all hard as I had heard! the only thing that I don't like so far and it only happen 2 times is my arm hit the stick and it went into M mode and I didn't know!! if Lexus would have put a better display for letting you know you are in M mode it would have been a 100% perfect car... Acura has a better display in letting you know when you are in M mode well 250 miles on it so far I may let it rest a day or 2...

First of all got to tell you enjoy reading your posts.

I am sure your enjoying...

Do post if you race again ;)
    Well it's been 3 weeks with this great car :shades: I now see why the M mode display is like that you don't really have to look down to see what gear you are in because the car will beep to let you know when to change gears which is great because if you are really pushing it you don't want to take your eyes off the road this cars gets in to the 100's quick!! also people are coming up to me asking what is this I never heard of it, well 850 miles on it now and I don't see any thing bad on the car it is just a nice ride either going fast or just taking it easy the 1st service is 1000 miles and they say it's free with a free another free tank of gas and then the same thing at 5000 miles I will make sure I'm on it E at 1000 miles...lol :P
    Hey long time no posts!!!

also people are coming up to me asking what is this I never heard of it

Asking about what?

I plan to get a suv I am kind of sad that lexus doesn't bring any kind of sporty suvs like bmw does.
    ( also people are coming up to me asking what is this I never heard of it) The Car!!! Most people have not heard of this car!!!! also I heard they are coming out with a F SUV if you go on Lexus website you can see what they look like.. I drove in to work today and about 5 guys from my job asked about the car everybody wanted to know about those chrome pipes back there!!! so far like I said before I don't have any thing bad to say about the car (knock on wood) ;)
    you go on Lexus website you can see what they look like.. I drove in to work today and about 5 guys from my job asked about the car everybody wanted to know about those chrome pipes back there!!! so far like I said before I don't have any thing bad to say about the car (knock on wood

Its good to know your happy with your car. :)

Those exhaust gets a lot of attention...

Had any race lately?

Which suv are you talking about. this 1 L F X
    link title

I agree the interior is concept but the exterior like a station wagon.

Lexus are selling their suvs quite well but dont they care about new customers nothing in the lexus line up which you could compare will cars like RRS cayenne x5 x6. ML.FX.

I agree their car line up is good but suvs :blush::cry::cry:
    My wife loves her MDX I drove it a few times and it got some kick with that 300hp I have a 06 RL I like the car alot but people trash this car so bad but I like the car it goes thru the snow with no problem with the SH-AWD I heard they are coming out a V8 with rear wheel drive 420hp in 2010 I'm gonna hold on to my RL and see what happens that!! I have not drove the RL in three weeks that Lexus IS F is taking my time up for now, I keep saying today I'm gonna let it rest and the next thing I know I'm on the highway with it....lol a friend of mine was on the highway last night he told me I passed him and he flashed his lights to try and say hi the next thing he knew I was out of sight, he got up to 90mph before he said I'll see him tomorrow...lol I'm starting to worry I'm gonna get a ticket soon.. :cry:
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter from a large finance magazine is looking to speak to consumers who just purchased a new Lexus IS-F. If you’re interested in speaking to the reporter, please contact Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than June 23, 2008.
    Hi how are you, What you been doing lately any joy rides ;)

but people trash this car so bad but I like the car it goes thru the snow with no problem with the SH-AWD

What do you mean people trash this car?

1. Car isn't fast enough
    2. Or people don't like it?
    3. Isn't good or fast enough ?

heard they are coming out a V8 with rear wheel drive 420hp in 2010 I'm gonna hold on to my RL and see what happens that!!

So your next car will be the new Acura?

I have not drove the RL in three weeks that Lexus IS F is taking my time up for now, I keep saying today I'm gonna let it rest and the next thing I know I'm on the highway with it....lol

LOL, Well since its been a long time Im sure you given the IS F some rest.

friend of mine was on the highway last night he told me I passed him and he flashed his lights to try and say hi the next thing he knew I was out of sight, he got up to 90mph before he said I'll see him tomorrow..

How fast were you driving? Careful hope you don't get a big ticket or perhaps you already got 1 :confuse: :P

As for me still nothing interesting yet from Lexus suv line up :blush: :sick:
    Hey, where you been no replys lately?
  • tom17tom17 Member Posts: 134
    1st service is 1000 miles and they say it's free with a free another free tank of gas and then the same thing at 5000 miles I will make sure I'm on it E at 1000 miles...

Free gas ??? Is that exclusive to the IS-F ??? I have a GS350, no free gas at 1000 miles. The 5000 service is due in a few weeks, do I need to ask for this ??? I know the first 2 services are free, but gas ???
  • tom17tom17 Member Posts: 134
    I paid $57,700

What was the sticker (how much of a discount did you get)?
    I got a $7K discount on a GS back in May, but I dont think they were discounting the IS-F AT ALL. I think they were all pre sold before they even hit the dealership !!! Sounds GREAT !!!
    I'm in the office now and I don't have the papers in front of me but if I remember it was $61,xxx something!!! I now have 6600 miles on it and I'm still loving this car!! I have a 06 Acura RL that I was plan on driving in the winter and putting up the IS-f but it's to slow to drive now and I'm gonna get ride of it!! I'm looking for something with WD but has a lot of power!! maybe a M45 or something I do like that new C63 AMG but I don't think it has AWD I was hoping Acura would come out with a real RL but 300 hp they need to wake up!!!
  • phxfiredudephxfiredude Member Posts: 3
    Wow, what i car. I love it
This discussion has been closed.