Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Pathfinder Taillights

pathguypathguy Member Posts: 4
anyone know where to get the cool aftermarket taillights for 95 pathfinder

Comments

• switchfixerswitchfixer Member Posts: 21
    Does your pathfinder Tail lights stop working when your lights are on?? Here's some Good fixes for the turnsignal - headlight switch problem
    that often pop up.

My tail lights would not come on with the headlights or shutting off when driving (great no one could see me from behind). It's the turnsignal-headlight switch. I fixed this easly
    in 30 minutes. Underneath the steering wheel remove the 4 screws that hold the bottom half of the steering wheel bezel. Once you have those off you can lift the top half of the bezel a bit to get to the two screws that hold the switch in place. Remove switch and take inside your home / or shop. There is a plastic plate that covers the where the
    contacts are. That plate is about a 1 1/2" roughly square. I forget if it has screws or not , unscrew and or pry to pop that piece of plastic off. You will now see 4 or five contact legs. One for the headlamps 1 for taillamps and 2 turnsiganl contact legs. From turning headlights on/off alot they get unsprung a bit and will make little contact with the other mating surface. I used a small screw driver
    to bend them towards the inside of the switch so they could make good contact. Take the switch in your hand and turn it on , you will see a one or two legs that have lost some off the orginal bend to make contact (thats the brake lights, use a small screw driver or you thumb to bend then inwards a bit to match the other legs. You could also use a very small pair of needle nose to bend the legs downword towards the other mating surface. My tail lights worked after this fix and i haven't had a problem in the year that i did this fix. good luck it works! Take your time to understand where and how the contact legs go to make a connection.

Those switches are too darn expensive but that is the problem
    :shades: SWITCHFIXER
  • martian1martian1 Member Posts: 2
    Try online 1a auto they have the parts you are looking for.
  • raider4raider4 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me why my brake lights work and not my tail lights. (95 pathfinder)
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Perhaps the bulbs are burnt out? Blown fuse?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • garcias4azgarcias4az Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1991 Pathfinder (293,000 miles); the drivers side headlight works, but when the headlight is on the tail lights don't go on; the brake lights work, and the high beams work, but when the high beams are on, the signal lights don't work; and now the inside instrument panel doesn't light up! Any help is appreciated.
  • switchfixerswitchfixer Member Posts: 21
    You need a headlight switch, which is located on the left hand side of the steering wheel. Its the same as the turn signal switch. see my post above on how to fix it.
    Good luck
    Switchfixer :)
  • cade08cade08 Member Posts: 2
    My tailight lens is broken, not the part on the trunklid, but the rest of the light
    that is on the driver's side back fender. How can I get the old light out? Where
    can I buy a new lens without having to go to the dealer and getting clobbered
    with a huge cost?
  • cyberoptiqcyberoptiq Member Posts: 3
    www.jcwhitney.com

www.car-stuff.com

can't make it easier than that!!

:shades:
  • kykandykykandy Member Posts: 1
    Tried this tail lights still won't come on!
  • oatbeanoatbean Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,
    I own a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder.

I feel I have some sort of electrical short with regards to my signal lights and brake peddle. (Please Note: the problem only exists with regards to the left turn signal light 'both front and rear'). I'd really like to try to fix this myself as I am on a very tight budget. I was hoping maybe some kind person here might be willing to offer me some advice, based on the symptoms, of where I should begin looking.

Symptoms:

(1)
    My left turn signal lights both front and rear (i.e. driver's side) light up when I press the break peddle.

(2)
    If my left turn signal is active, every time I press my brake peddle my left turn signal stays lit but stops flashing until I release the brake (things act normal with regards to activating the right turn signal).

also...

(3)
    If my car is in "P"ark and I have my left turn signal engaged (or my hazards flashing). My shifter console makes a loud clicking sound with every blink of the flasher lights (I assume this sound is the brake peddle controlled "safety" relay inside the shifting console that unlocks the gearshift from the "P"ark position snapping in and out of position)

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
    Any advice is most certainly and thankfully appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Rob
  • jgray5jgray5 Member Posts: 2
    has any one answered your post yet i have sam problem
    mr g