Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Rogue Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• publiustxpubliustx Member Posts: 1
    Do you mind if I ask what dealership?

I'm in Houston too, and looking seriously at the Rogue SL. I've gotten some nice online quotes from a couple of dealerships, but want to make sure I have all bases covered. Thanks!
  • damfooldamfool Member Posts: 1
    Purchased an SL AWD, Wicked Black, Premium, Leather, Moonroof, Splash guards for $25,178 + TTL from Gerald Nissan in North Aurora last weekend. Decided to add the spoiler on afterwards so I'll be paying a little extra since the dealer will need to install. I was not really excited about buying a new car since there are so many choices out there but I had a huge smile on my face driving off the lot. Could not be happier with this purchase.
  • despakdespak Member Posts: 3
    It was Baker Jackson Nissan -- South (on South Loop near Kirby).
  • captain2captain2 Member Posts: 3,971
    same here. Apparently a consistently competitive dealer. Got my pricing thru the Internet dept.
  • pitkeyspitkeys Member Posts: 18
    I have to caution you about leasing from Nissan Finance. They are the slowest paperwork operation of any I've ever seen in 50+ years of car ownership and 30+ years of single and fleet leasing.

The result right now here is that Nissan owes us about $500 for overpayment charged by Montrose Nissan in Colorado and it looks like we'll have to go to court to get it. We keep getting stonewalled by Nissan and the dealer. So, if our experience is any guide, stay away from Nissan Finance.

Additionally, it took them 6+ hours to do the lease closing!
    Drive way too much (and keep cars too long) for leasing to even be an option -

but that's curious - quite the opposite experiences - very recently had no problem at all getting a check back quite promptly from NMAC when my wife mistakenly paid them too much on a payoff. No problems at all with NMAC and I have bought several Nissan products over the years....
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    There will always be issues, but I have never had a problem with Nissan Finance, walked in to the dealer at 5pm, and by 8pm was out the door in my Car leased with no problem.... I like how when I return my car (either to Nissan or Infiniti) I'll can be pre-approved for a new lease before walking into the dealership.. Now, let me tellyou about my problems with MB leases....
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    dad just baught a roge s modle blue with gray interior only standered options and roofe spoilor nice driving car going to take it up camping real soon in the Mountans in eather upstate new york or pa so will let you guys no how it does. O before I forget he baught the roge from Nissan of gardon city on Long island. in new york thanks for reading Marco.
  • teamavi6teamavi6 Member Posts: 2
    Includes performance package, splash guards, bumper and moon roof. Invoice price was $24,400. By using internet quotes and going into the dealership after 6 pm on the last day of the month I was able to get the car for $21,400 plus TT. Still had to pay additional $600 dealer fee which really should have been a "walk-away" issue but I was emotionally exhausted and said sure. but I still feel like a got a great deal. I love the CVT and it drives so nimbly and pickup speed is great. Getting used to the limited vision as am coming from driving an "all surround windows" Honda van.
  • dmw08dmw08 Member Posts: 2
    Here in Oregon I used KBB and Costco. Seems Costco provides roughly $500 over invoice pricing. I ended up going away from that program to a local dealer that provide the car I wanted at invoice plus $500 "Nissan incentive." Thus, $500 below invoice.
    SL AWD, Premium Package, Leather, splash guards, floor mats, rear bumper protector, moonroof (although we didn't want it, appears hard not to get car with this): MSRP $28,010 (according to sticker), Invoice $25,801 (used Costco website to find this pricing info). So, I got Invoice, minus $500, plus dealer "transfer" fees to acquire car from another dealer lot ($100 or so) plus DMV fees ($240 or so). Total cost $25,665--so, in the end only about $136 under invoice out the door (I was shoot for $25k flat). There are no taxes here in Oregon. Interestingly one dealer started way high and eventually dropped down to Invoice...then after I bought elsewhere mentioned there was $3000 off deal going on (???). I'm a bit wary of that dealer--seemed like it would be the type to add on all kinds of fees. However, I do believe it is probably a good time to buy...especially if you are willing to take a vehicle on the dealer lot the are pushing to get rid of. We found the ones with leather (black) were a bit harder to come by...
    summer end of model year always a good time to buy. Paid almost exactly the same $25+k, for apparently the same car (SL AWD with everything it could have on it) here in Houston. Like you also have a problem with these 'start 'em high' sales tactics, 'wary' would be an an understatement - contemptuous might be a better word. Seems that if you do some research and find out what exactly a given vehicle sells for in whatever area you are in - and then simply let the dealer know what that number is AND what you are willing to pay. If he doesn't want to do it, fine -be prepared to walk, because if you got your numbers right , you know what the other guy on the other side of town will. Games like what you suggest are common and a waste of my time, and not for me!
  • mm409mm409 Member Posts: 2
    Nissan dealer in Wilton CT area is selling Rogue S for 18900 (MSRP 21500), Is this a good price?
  • mm409mm409 Member Posts: 2
    Ok, finally bought Rogue SL AWD with Moonroof for 21225 (on roard 23888) with msrp of 24020. 2795 less from MSRP. I did take extended warranty on this though, thats not included in the price of 23888
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter with a large national newspaper would like to speak with consumers who purchased a crossover vehicle in the past couple of months. If you are a new crossover vehicle owner, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Thursday, August 21st.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• kkuskkus Member Posts: 4
    Here's a complete breakdown of the drive-out price:

Vehicle invoice price $19,572.00
    Less Rebates ** $1,000.00
    Taxable sale price (+ttl) $18,572.00
    Vehicle inventory tax $41.24
    State sales tax $1,160.75
    Documentary fee $50.00
    Insp, Title and R&B fees $73.25
    License fees $60.80
    Total drive-out price $19,958.04
    ** rebates include Nissan rebate of $500 and qualifying College Grad rebate of $500.

I will negotiate charges except TTL. But I haven't seen any dealer incentive for this model. All $1,000 rebate is from Nissan manufacturer. Is that price good? How much can I ask down? This quote is from a Houston dealer.
  • goroad1goroad1 Member Posts: 2
    Wash DC Area:
    We purchased our fully optioned AWD SL w/NAV for $600 under invoice, the MSRP was $29K and the OTD price was $25.4. We took the 3.9 financing instead of the $500 cash back.
    The salesman and managers at Criswell Nissan were extremely helpful and really took care of my wife during the process.
    Altough I initially wanted the CR-V, the Rogue is winning me over with the 29MPG on the highway and the great stereo and Nav.Actuall prefer the Garmin over the Nav in our TL!
    not a bad price for that moddle I am shore you will love it what color did you get interior color the crv is grate also thankjs for reading Marco.
  • mx6bfastmx6bfast Member Posts: 11
    Went to a Nissan dealership in Memphis and they didn't have an SL FWD with the options I wanted, mostly the premium package. They just got 2 09's in and one was close to what I wanted. Silver, Premium Package, Moonroof and deflector, rear guard, (don't care for the next few) splash guards, mats. I think that's it. MSRP came to 26,125. With a VPP discount comes to 24,631, 1,000 for my 93 Mazda Mx-6 (amazingly), for a total of 23,631. With a down payment of 1,000 OTD comes to 24,991.

Since it's an 09 I don't get the $500 back. Think this is pretty good? Since I get the VPP discount I don't know if I can leverage any thing. I didn't see any outrageous add ons from the dealer, just a couple of $50 charges, no listing or newspaper fee.
  • walusmwalusm Member Posts: 5
    Tomorrow (aug-30) I'm going to Nissan dealer to get new Rouge. SL AWD with premium packege, no moonroof and no leather. MSRP is $25350. Invoice should be something about $23000.
    How much you think I can start asking for 2008 model. $21000 ? Considering labor day weekend and 2009 model should be out soon.
    Is it worth to wait and get 2009 ??

I'm going to pay for the car cash. (Sold my Xterra).
    What will be the good strategy to deal with dealer.

Thanks for your help.

MARIO
    Tomorrow (aug-30) I'm going to Nissan dealer to get new Rouge. SL AWD with premium package, no moonroof and no leather. MSRP is $25350. Invoice should be something about $23000.
    How much you think I can start asking for 2008 model. $21000 ? Considering labor day weekend and 2009 model should be out soon.
    Is it worth to wait and get 2009 ??

I'm going to pay for the car cash. (Sold my Xterra).
    What will be the good strategy to deal with dealer.

Thanks for your help.

MARIO
    the usual answer to whether or not you should buy the outgoing model year depends on 2 things - 1) how much cheaper the 'old' model is and 2) how long you plan on keeping the vehicle. As a general rule those of us that tend to keep cars 5 years or longer and/or drive them a lot are better served with those EOY clearance prices and those of us that lease and/or like to buy new cars every 3 or 4 years and drive less can save with the later model year. In your case, and given that the Rogue is basically unchanged, I have my doubts that you'll find a dealer willing to go 2 grand below invoice, it seems that in some areas the Rogue has been selling at or about invoice all spring and summer and the 09 model is not significantly different than the 08.
    Write the specs down for exactly the Rogue you want, be prepared to accept something maybe in a color combination and/or option pkg. different than what you might prefer , and then send it out to the Internet sales depts of all the dealers in your part of the country that you would consider traveling to. You will find out soon enough if your $21k expectation for an 08 model is realistic. Good luck!
    thanks for replay,
    when you request the quote from the different dealers online, do they give you the "real price" they can sell it for or it's still the price you can beat negotiating personally ?

Mario
    depends on the dealer - and the buyer. I have found a number of dealers that still want to use the 'start-em' high tactic and also a few that seem to understand that he will run off the saavy car buyer who has done his research with that kind of BS. Purchasing a car doesn't have to be about sitting at some salesman's desk while he makes countless (and probably imaginary) trips to 'check with his sales manager' . My preference is not to negotiate at all, presenting the dealer with a 'this is what I'm willing to pay offer' and making it quite clear to him that you are NOT willing to waste your time playing these idiot games. I did get about a $1000.00 variance in the internet prices ($28k MSRP SL AWD) - simply used the lowest one (an email) to define what 'my' price was going to be, found the specific car I wanted, and drove off in it an hour later. It ended up being at a different dealer than the lowest price offered dealer but the negotiations became quite painless when I got up to walk out -- which BTW I believe to be the key - whether you like to play the games or not (some folks think it's sport??) - you do have to be ready and willing to walk away without that set of keys or for that matter be truly prepared to sign on that dotted line!!
    Let us know how you did - and also how you like your newest acquisition ;)
  • osagiosagi Member Posts: 15
    Hi,
    Can you email me the rep's name, dealership name and address? Thanks. :)
    I got it. Black Rouge 2008 SL AWD with Premium Package for $22450. after rebate. (MSRP $25350).
    I went to first dealer got the price 22500 but I walk away I tried something below 22k. they came to parking lot while we were leaving begging us to come back but they didn't lower the price. We went to another dealer got the price $22450 but the fees were lower so finally I paid $24500 (first dealer was way over 25k)

We love it so far. We went on trip about 60 miles and I got 26.5 mpg average. (mostly highway) Hopefully i will increase.

Mario
    Mario,
    Could you provide the dealership name and location? I am interested in the same pkg but with leather seats.
    Thanks.
    O'Brien Nissan Hawthorne NJ
    Just got approved and put a hold on a Rogue about 100 miles from me. 2008 SL FWD, Black/black, Premium Package, moon roof, splash guards, premium floor mats. They are adding on: moon roof deflector, kick plates, rear bumper guard. The dealer added on a stripe which actually looks pretty cool. It runs under the windows. MSRP before add ons was $24,685, with VPP discount and $500 rebate was $22,259. Add ons of $275 which brings an OTD of $24,697.

Extremely easy to do business with, everything (except the hold) done via email. No sales pressure at all. I think I got a good deal, and didn't want to push for anything better. I figured this was a good deal because a dealer only 60 miles from me was quoting nearly $1000 more for the same spec'd vehicle. Then of course it turns out the Rogue was sold 2 weeks before but their inventory system wasn't updated.

Going to pick it up in 2 weeks. Can't wait!!!
    yep, that 'ultimate' tactic of being able to get up and walk out is possibly the best negotiating tool we have but not many have the 'strength' to do that (something that the usual car dealer is quite aware of) . I just object to all the games in the first place and will do my damndest not to spend any time sitting in anybody's office - hence the Internet shopping. Before the Internet I would do things like visit the dealer lots when they were closed, write down a stock number or two, and then phone the sales manager directly on the next business day, let him know what I wanted to pay for that car I was interested in, and if he could do it, I would be there that night to pick it up.
    I paid 25.5 BTW for my SL AWD with premium, moonroof, leather, as well as a few other more 'minor' things like window tinting and mats etc. - MSRP so equipped was a smidgen over $28k. Have been seeing right at 25-26mpg overall and also enjoy the car - talk about something that is practical ;) .
    Hi Captain2,
    Could you provide the dealer name that you dealt with? I am from Bellingham. Most Nissan dealers here are inflexible with their price so i am willing to travel to Portland or farther if the price is right. I am looking at the same package as yours. Any suggestion? Thanks.
    nice sounds like a grate deal to me my dad just got one a few weeks ago loves it so I think you will love it Nissan makes grate stuff should last also keep us updated in when you get it in 2 weeks good luck thanks for reading Marco.
    the dealer that provided me with the best Internet quote was Baker Jackson Nissan (South) here in Houston - a dealer that appears consistently competitive because he has also been mentioned by another poster on this site.
    If the Nissan dealers in the Portland area are inflexible then it would appear that the Rogue must be in higher demand in your particular area . How far you might have to travel and the value of your own time would seem to argue against a 2000 mile road trip!
  • mickey513mickey513 Member Posts: 3
    The price of $1979 below invoice, did this include any rebates?
  • parrothead4parrothead4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I live in the Northern Virginia area and was just quoted a lease price for a 2009 Nissan Rogue S. I was wondering if someone could let me know if it is a good deal or not? The terms are for three years and with 12,000 miles per year. They are: $1000 Down and $229.00 per month for three years. (The $1000 down includes all fees, taxes and tags) Any advice would be appreciated! This would be my family's first time owning a Nissan.
    sounds like a good deal to me if I wher you I would go for it up to you keep us updated on what you end up dooing. Nissans are grate cars last for a verry long time. and my dad just baught one few munths ago loves it thanks for reading Marco.
  • dhsiudhsiu Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,

I live on Long Island, NY and went through with a deal today for a 2009 SL AWD + Premium & Leather Package with splash guards and mats. The total price was $26,150 +TTL . This is probably not the greatest deal ever but it seems to be the best one I can find around the area. If I priced it out correctly on Edmunds, the total with options comes up to $28,056, that's $1,906 below the TMV price. In my market, that doesn't sound too bad. The experience was excellent, no sales pitch whatsoever, asked for different package combination and they just provided their selling price. What are your thoughts? Thanks.
    doesn't sound all that bad - only a few hundred over invoice and that my be appropriate for your particular area. I paid a few hundred less a few months back, but overall that extra money really loses significance when we are talking about $26 grand. Too many folks get needlessly caught up in car prices relative to 'invoice' (or whatever) when, the truth of it is that is usually makes little difference - the important thing, of course, is that you are happy with what you bought? I sure am :D
  • dhsiudhsiu Member Posts: 2
    I appreicate your response. If that's only a few hundred over invoice I can accept that. I just wanted to make sure I didn't get taken to cleaners on this deal! :)
    If we assume that your $26150.00 is let's say $500.00 too high (something I'm not sure is really the case because my loaded out $25.5 SL AWD is an 08 and the 09s should be a bit more) - the net effect of that $500.00 is only going to be $10 bucks or so per month on a normal 48- 60 month loan - kinda insignificant (2%) when we are living in the land of $500+/month car payments. I wish folks weren't so 'consumed' with 'prices paid' sometimes there really are a bunch of other things that make a lot more difference (in $) than that. Enjoy your Rogue
  • nissan_galnissan_gal Member Posts: 6
    Hi goroad1

1) Can you provide me detailed break up of your pricing.
    2) When you say fully optioned does it include leather and moonroof.
    3) Are the TTL and freight over and above the 25.4 or is it all inclusive ?
    4) Can you give me the details of the sales person you dealt with at Criswell.
  • fanpes81fanpes81 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

We bought an 2009 SL Black FWD, Cross Bars, Plash guard, Mats, Tint. Total amount paid was $21,500 (out of dealer). Just writing this to help other potential buyers since this forum was a great help for me.
  • jellybeaneaterjellybeaneater Member Posts: 3
    We bought a 2008 Rogue S AWD yesterday. It has 16,400 miles on it and was owned by a rental car company, so it's in great shape. Sticker was $18,900. We paid $17,600 + TT&L and extended warranty (5 yr/75,000 miles + unlimited dent/ding repair). Our OTD cost was:

Vehicle Price $17,600
    Warranty $1,710
    TT&L $1,334
    Total: $20,644

It's red with black interior. It has splash guards and floor mats, but no other options added.
    Hey that sounds like a grate deal to me. I also live on Long island to in Nassaw my dad got a roge a few munths back loves it alot. he got silver with gray interior nice. got it from adlantick auto mall whair did you get your roge from what dealer what color interior and exterior did you get if you dont mind me asking thanks so mutch Have a verry grate day marco.
  • jezmiajezmia Member Posts: 36
    Hi,
    I need to lease a rouge, this is what I am getting so far $359 taxes included 0 down, 15k miles and 39 months. The dealer said he is giving me $250 below invoice, a MF of 0.00315 abd residual 60%. this is a 2009. with 700 credit, with a 667 credit $20 more Any idea if this is a good deal? also any idea what is the main difference between a 2008 and a 2009. is there really any difference between leasing one or the other?
    If there is not a big difference in cost in the lease and you will be turning it back in anyway, go for the 09. It's newer, that's really it. Other than that the 08 is perfectly fine.
  • psfod3psfod3 Member Posts: 63
    Just bought a 2008 SL . Does anyone know if it comes with roadside assist. I do not see a phone number for it.
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    Why not call your salesman?..... ;)
  • fanpes81fanpes81 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, i believe it comes with 3 years roadside assistance.
    yes it cumes with 3 years or 36000 mile worantee on everything including road side asastance. if you want it for longer and you baught the car get the 6 year or 75000 Mile bumper to bumper worantee that cuvers everything on the car not shore how mutch it wal cost shop around best thing to do if you ask me the power trane is 6 years or 60000 Miles can get the extendad worantee of 7 years or 100000 Miles. that worantee the extendad one on the power trane is different from the extendad worantee on the hole car maby nissan offers one for boath not shore if anyone nos pleas let us all no thankyou for reading have a verry good day Marco.
  • carman89carman89 Member Posts: 9
    I just leased a 2009 rogue S AWD for $3,000 down for $249.65 for 39 months. I worked all the numbers out and seemed like a pretty good deal to me. I hope no one tells me otherwise...But im open to responses. Car is black on black no options beside the floor mats and splash guards.