Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Rogue Prices Paid and Buying Experience

mikelevine64mikelevine64 Member Posts: 39
edited January 2014 in Nissan
Let us know price paid & buying experience.

Comments

• 3rd_man3rd_man Member Posts: 7
    I got my AWD SL (premium package, splash guards, moon roof and deflector) for 700 over wholesale, from Nissan of Apex in NC.

I have never been happier with a car in my life. This thing is a joy to drive. The 1200 mile break in period is killing me though, as car wants to move.
  • infinitimninfinitimn Member Posts: 146
    Hi Steve and Tidester,
    Do you have any information on Nissan Rogue 36 or 39 month lease MF and residuals for a 10k lease?
    Many Thanks
  • mcq1mcq1 Member Posts: 103
    Hi there. I asked a Houston dealership to send me a quote on a SL AWD Rogue with premium/leather/moonroof and I got back a response with $27,540 plus TT&L drive out $29,550. They are quoting MSRP no deals. This is too high for me so I must wait.
    What do you think?
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You can get some information from our Auto loan calculator at Edmunds. Perhaps someone hre who has recently leased from Nissan will provide additional information.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    They are quoting MSRP no deals. This is too high for me so I must wait.
    What do you think?

Every dealer is getting MSRP :)
  • ticmxmanticmxman Member Posts: 48
    It can be tough to find deals below MSRP during the first few months of sales of a new vehicle. Depending on your region it may be tougher than others. If you can wait a few months I think history says they will come off MSRP. I have seen posts with reports of $1000 off or so but the question is what is the driveout? what is the interest rate? Do your loan prior to a deal, local banks and credit unions might be better on this new SUV.
    Can someone tell me what is a fair price for the SL AWD with premium,leather and moonroof?
    Some people are getting prices below MSRP and invoice.
  • jd10013jd10013 Member Posts: 779
    as others have said, very doubtfull you'll get below msrp, and no way below invoice. It's a new model, in limited supply. the dealers won't have to come down on price till probably the begining of next year. But, if demand remains strong, it could take longer. The altima coupe has been out for several months now and still commands MSRP.
    Well I setup a test drive for an awd sl. I am going to see if I can deal with them. The dealership is very user friendly and they sell lots of nissan's in the area.
    I have already told them in a about way that I am not paying MSRP.
    I am thinking $28,000 driveout loaded.
  • jd10013jd10013 Member Posts: 779
    I'd be willing to be going fully loaded will give them some playing room. a lot of the options on any car are way overpriced.
  • nishawnishaw Member Posts: 4
    We purchased our AWD SL Rogue loaded with everything except the leather seats, we live in Hot Atlanta so that wasn't a problem not to have leather. Of course they don't offer any rebates but Nissan offer low percentage rates. I would advise to have your own financing. We went through our bank and walked out paying $28,950 and that includes GAP and theft protection. Please remember whenever purchasing a new car that when you go back to the financing guys they always try to get you to buy this extra stuff. Don't fall for it. Stick to your plan and your magical monthly payment.
    Did that include the Tax, Title and License? What is GAP? Never heard of it. I wanted the leather because it has the other nifty things like power seat with lumbar. $28,950 sounds good.
  • infinitimninfinitimn Member Posts: 146
    Is that a lease or a purchase? I thought that GAP insurance is only for leases. And I don't understand the price as you can't get much over $26,000 if you don't have the leather package. And if the offer low percentage rates, isn't that better than getting my own financing?
    thanks
  • nyguysnyguys Member Posts: 1
    I buy the SL AWD with sunroof, leather and premium package plus wheel locks, wind deflector and rear bumper protected on begining of October and I paid $29,300 including all the Tax. I live in New York, can anyone tell me am I paid too much?
    You paid MSRP which is what the dealers are asking for. I live in Galveston, Texas. I was quoted $29,550 drive out for the same options you have. Well minus the wheel locks.
    I guess we have to wait in order to pay under MSRP.
    Thanks for the post.
  • 5staraffiliate5staraffiliate Member Posts: 6
    Hi All,

I'm Linda, a soon to be proud Rogue owner.

Deal with Internet/Fleet sales managers and you may be able to get a deal. Floor guys can't discount but Internet managers can and will, from my experience.

I've had 4 Internet sales managers agree to give me a Rogue at 1,000 off MSRP. When I tell them another dealer is giving me 1,000 off they say OK no problem. Not one has even had to think about it or check with upper management.

I'm having a heck of a time getting the Rogue I want though.
    My local dealer lied to me 4 times about various things, just trying to force me to buy what they have on the lot instead of giving me what I want. One floor sales guy even told me "You don't want Iridium - that's a BAD color - you want Gotham Gray - it's a GOOD color!" They only had Gotham on the lot. :mad:

My local dealer wont do trades either, which other dealers further away will do for me with no problem at all.

So I've been searching Nissan inventory and calling every dealer in Socal myself trying to find my Rogue. 4 Times dealers thought they had my Rogue, but it turns out many times the interior color that shows on Nissan inventory and even on the dealer inventory and even on the dealer sticker is wrong.

The Rogue I want should not be that hard to get.
    Iridium SL, Black Cloth AWD Premium Package.

(I don't need or want AWD but I want Intelligent Key and Bluetooth and those options only comes on the AWD)

4 dealers THOUGHT they had black cloth but when I had them physically go out and check they were all gray cloth.
    WARNING - to anyone that's picky about interior color like I am. What Nissan calls gray (on the SL) really looks beige or tan, not gray and I think the material is really ugly.

I am so excited to get my car. Was ready to drive 2 hours to pick one up today at 1,000 off MSRP. Luckily I had him take his cell with him out to the car and personally verify the color. It was invoiced wrong too - gray (tan/beige) seats.

2 dealers have searched all the incoming inventory in SoCal and told me there is no dealer that has my car coming in for the next 2 months - none with black seats. So I guess I'll have to do a special order and which means I wont get it until Dec. :cry:

Linda
    Sorry...I have been lied to a couple of times as well. I don't mind waiting until December as a matter of fact I want to wait until then so I plan on ordering mine. I want the same thing you want except I do want the leather package (gray leather interior).
    Thanks for the tips. I want at least 1.000 off MSRP. December is just around the corner don't compromise get exactly what you want and you will be happy in the long run.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    A reporter seeks to talk with owners and serious shoppers of the 2008 Nissan Rogue who are also parents. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, November 15, 2007 and include your city and state of residence as well as the age of your child/ren.

Thanks for your consideration,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds Inc.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• cpcacpca Member Posts: 20
    At this time, pricing will depend greatly on the supply of vehicles in your area, and how far you are willing to search if your local dealer is a bit greedy. A buyer in one state may find it nearly impossible to find a dealer offering less that MSRP, while a buyer in another state may find 3-4 dealers willing to discount $800-$1000 off MSRP. If you have the luxury of being able to wait a few months, you will find more flexibility and better deals. In any case, once you've decided on the model and options you want, I recommend dealing with the internet reps, preferably by email.
  • nishawnishaw Member Posts: 4
    You can get GAP insurance on any purchase. We had it also on our Murano, which was in a wreck about 3 weeks ago. Our price included the tax, title, and tags. The dealer we purchased from only had 5 Rogues on the entire lot and the SL AWD vehicle that we chose did not have the leater seats but it had the black with ride stripe down the middle. I guess you can call "racing" seats...lol. We chose to go with our bank because we have bought 2 previous cars with the bank and it was just more comfortable to deal with them than the dealership.
  • gomttinggomtting Member Posts: 1
    Today i made contract nissan Rogue Awd SL with premium pk, splash guard and floor matt for$23,400 inc des charge.
    MSRP is $25,050.00 so total payment 25,680.50

when i ask price to sale people at dealer, they said this is new car so they can't sell under MSRP, but i think you can buy at least 1000-1650 under MSRP and more lower. because this time is end of year.

i used internet deal i think this is best way to save money
    and time.
    the dealer who gave me above price was cool,so didn't try
    discount more but i felt if i wanted i could.

i am in NJ

i am not an american this blog gave me a lot of information
    thank you so much.
  • songbird54songbird54 Member Posts: 41
    Hi!
    Does anyone know the money factor and residual on the Rogue SL AWD for 36 or 39 months and 12,000 miles?

AC
  • 5staraffiliate5staraffiliate Member Posts: 6
    I got a similarly equipped Rogue for 24600 - 500 off MSRP.
    (Was supposed to be 1,000 off but didnt realize the dealer slipped 500 back in on the lease docs.) ;-( Still a good deal.

I think residual = "purchase option at end of lease"???
    If so mine is 14,563 on a 36 month/12,000 mile lease.

Linda
  • patg2patg2 Member Posts: 24
    this is what i am looking for...the only option would be mats...i have several dealers looking for this car?? i see many are paying below MSRP...do i have a chance with the base model? thanks...
  • sardonicgalsardonicgal Member Posts: 1
    we finally decided to get a Rogue last night, after looking at the Rav4 and CR-V. both nissan dealers in our area (Charleston, SC) had told us that it was extremely difficult to find one with a leather package in our area. last night, we just happened to go by the dealership because my husband wanted to take a look at an Xterra, and they had just traded with another dealer for the rogue with leather. it's an SL AWD in gotham gray with leather package, moonroof, splash guards and floor mats -- with taxes and fees it came to 28374. Basically, MSRP, although they did try to sneak in $600 for "First Place Finish," which i think is just glorified scotchguard, as if it was in the MSRP (it wasn't on the window sticker). Getting them to knock that off the price was, oddly enough, the toughest part of the transaction. we normally wouldn't pay MSRP, but they did give us a good deal on our trade-in (a Toyota Tacoma), so we had around $2200 in equity on it, getting us out the door at $26,149. (we seriously considered an '07 Rav4, but Nissan offered us almost $2000 more on the trade-in than Toyota would). after driving the cr-v and rav4, we found the rogue to be far superior for our needs (although the V6 in the Rav4 is nice). this dealer also has free oil changes for life, which is a nice perk.
  • sweetkittysweetkitty Member Posts: 2
    I was agreed by a Nissan dealership yesterday 11/04 for a Rogue SL AWD with premium and leather package, moonroof, splash guards and floor mats for 26028 before tax (550 over invoice price). The dealership needs to locate the car for me though. They said they would call me back today, but so far haven't yet. I will post again after I get the confirmation, to let you know how I got the price. Wish me good luck!
  • genemangeneman Member Posts: 1
    Hi! I saw your post in Edmunds about Rogue Awd Sl you bought recently. I also live in NJ and look for a Rogue Awd S model. Which NJ Nissan dealer you deal with? Thanks.
  • pathtomaxpathtomax Member Posts: 215
    I am waiting to hear back about pricing for an SL AWD with those packages as well. They informed me that it would be either January or February when I actually see the car. I will post the pricing when it is confirmed.
  • beafokbeafok Member Posts: 14
    I live in OH, stopped by a Nissan dealer last week, and was quoted approx $100 under invoice due to vendor discount (the company I work for is a Nissan's supplier). Should I go for it? My other option would be Rav4.
    Today, I went to the dealer who originally told me that they can do VPP on the Rogue, but they disappointed me as now they can't do VPP because this model is in such high demand.

Somehow I managed to find another dealer who accepted VPP, there are 4 types of VPP within Nissan, in which the best they can do is sell it at invoice price. I sealed the deal with them today.

Model
    SL AWD

Packages and Options
    Splash Guard
    Moonroof Package
    AWD Premium Package
    Leather Package

Accessories
    Rear Bumper Protector
    Premium Package Floor Mats, Carpeted
    Roof Rail Crossbars

I really like this car!!
    hi,

are you at liberty to let us know how much you ended up paying? ;)
    MSRP: $27,940.00
    Invoice: $25,709.00 (which I paid)

I also got 60 month at 5.59% (I think this is the best Nissan can offer on this model right now).
  • roguemommaroguemomma Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a Nissan Rogue today! SL AWD premium pkg white with grey cloth interior, splash guards, mats, rear bump protector.
    MSRP: 25110
    Paid invoice : 23265

Very pleased with my purchase and internet :) sales experience thus far! I had a 2002 Acura MDX but the gas was killing me ($250-275 in gas per month!)
    Thanks to this forum I got a great deal on a great car!
    hi,

is anyone purchasing the base model? what are they going for? ;)
  • wisegiwisegi Member Posts: 1
    HI Roguemomma or any other Rogue Owners...

I'm interested in a SL AWD White Premium Rogue...

Can you tell me your experiences or prices if any of add on options concerning

Extended Warranty, Rust Protection, 3M Hood Protector?

Is the 3 M hood protector need on this car since it's higher up?

Thanks
  • forestbroforestbro Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for all Edmunds posters - it helped me alot in making my search so much easier.
    Just (Nov.3) purchased SL AWD White Premium Rogue for my wife:

AWD Premium Package
    Moonroof Package
    Leather Package
    Rear bumper protector
    Splash Guards
    Premium Floor Mats
    Roof Rail Crossbars
    MSRP: 27,940.00
    Invoice: 25,709.00
    Sent my exact options wish list via internet to couple dealers+ Carsdirect & Costco . Costco was the about MSRP, Carsdirect $800 over Invoice, but they didn't have options & color I want. The best instant offer was from Universal City Nissan internet (Los Angeles):
    $25,999.00 or $290 over invoice. My own max price I was going to pay was $26,000.
    So next day I went and got it. Fast, no hagling, no surprises,pleasant dealer.
    Total, incl. all tax and fees $28,444.21
    Wife loves her Rogue. So far milege is about 24.7 (70% city/30% freeway).
    has anyone made a deal for the base model and what should one expect to pay...no add-ons, except for mats...please i need some direction asap...thanks :blush:
  • felixescobar10felixescobar10 Member Posts: 24
    Hello can anyone tell me how much is the lower price that I can pay for a Rogue SL AWD with the Premium Package and all the fees includes? Is my first car and I want to make the best deal. I live in New York. Thank you. :blush:
  • klkinseyklkinsey Member Posts: 1
    In pretty much the same situation as you. Although this is not my "1st" car purchase, it is my 1st time doing it on my own, and it can get intimidating. My 1st step was to go on edmunds.com and found out what the Rogue I want MSRP's for and what the invoice price is. Then as a Costco member (kinda like a Sams club out here in Cali) they give their members special pricing. The quotes I got were $300 above invoice, w/c out here in So Cal, Is pretty good, since there aren't a lot of Rogues to be found (they're selling like hotcakes!) To figure your OTD (out the door price) Destination Tax Title and License, add about 9%. From other forums that I've been on, people have been offering just the invoice price + TTL, and getting it. It just depends on the dealership--best way, though is to do by internet. Another site that really gave me a lot of help is--> forums.nicoclub.com just scroll down to Rogue forums from there you'll find a couple of really informative discussions on what owners have paid for their Rogues. Hope this helps, good luck :shades:
  • suvlovesuvlove Member Posts: 2
    I've been to 3 of the 4 Nissan dealerships in town.........I got the internet price over the phone before walking in the door with each of them........Planet quoted me $26022 and United $26140....(AWD, Premium Pkg, Leather Pkg & Moonroof)......However, when I got to Planet they changed the numbers on me didn't give me the internet price when I got there...It was like trying to buy a car in the 70's with them....The car also already had 800 miles on it.......United did offer their internet price and kept true to my trade in....but didn't have the color I wanted (they don't have one coming in).........Does anyone know anything about Douglas Nissan at the Henderson Auto Mall? They seemed ok...Thanks!

I've driven 3 of these.........The Rogue is great.......I have been an SUV girl for a long time but this one really rocks over the CRV & the Rav4.......I can't wait to get one!!! My Christmas present to me... :shades:
  • sweetkittysweetkitty Member Posts: 2
    It is official. After 4 weeks waiting, I finally picked up the car from Puyallup Nissan in Washington State. I paid 26028 for a Rogue SL AWD with premium and leather package, moonroof, splash guards, floor mats and roof rails. Great customer service. Thank you Travs, my dealer.
    Love the car. I feels I am driving a 50,000 SUV.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    26028 is a good OTD price,,,, any more you would have been raped.
  • sunbu95sunbu95 Member Posts: 17
    I bought one today, all accessories, but the small town dealer still has to trade for the exact model. The deal: He offered 3% off sticker. I countered by asking for throw-in Nissan extended warranty (Gold, 5 year 75K). This is retail 1300. He revealed his cost was 684. After a bit of talk, he agreed. Smooth deal with a guy who has been around and maybe part owner. Oh, I had a trade in which he valued at about what Edmunds.com or kbb.com figures.
    LOVE IT...Rogue S FWD base model with mats and spalsh guards...gotham gray...black interior...$18,900 OTD...didn't need all the add-ons...comments? :shades:
  • truecarchattruecarchat Member Posts: 10
    Comments? I usually don't bother to respond to these columns but this one I feel that I must because it may give someone who is sincerely looking for buying advice the wrong impression. I just want to make sure I have this right, in the city I live in with 5 Nissan dealerships, the largest one just got 6 ROGUES in, 3 were presold and 3 were going on the lot. Their internet manager was very candid when he told me that unless I was willing to buy one at $300-$500 below MSRP, he really would prefer that I would go to one of his competitors. (By the way this was to be a cash deal since my neighbor already bought my old car). However, you were able to find a dealer that was willing to sell you a base model at approximately $400, not below MSRP, but below EDMUND invoice. :surprise: :surprise: :surprise: Please share your secret. Thanks.
    i would be glad to respond...i decided i would do all my dealing online...so i sent out to 4 dealerships in the st. louis area that i wanted the base model with the only add-on mats...in gotham gray...i went back and forth with a couple of them for about 3 weeks and they would not be clear on their price...one did finally lock himself into a price and i counteroffered with, and i think it was $19,500 approx...he stuck to his price...that was the "best" he could do...so i dropped it for about 2 weeks, then contacted a dealership in st. charles and over about 1 week we were able to come to the price i offered...that was the only offer i made and they accepted...it was very clean...now, i did not think i was going to trade my current car, so that was never in the equation...then my personal deal fell through for my current car and i was curious as to what they would offer, well my car is still under warrenty and in great condition and they offered way below what i would even consider, they probably thought they could "catch" me on the other end...i came down a little they came up a little, but they were still way off board...so, i decided not to trade...then came financing...i went through a divorce about 3 years ago and to be honest, i have a few black marks on my credit report...the finance person told me she was at 9.99%, but if i would purchase an extended warrenty for $2050 i could get my financing for about 7%...so i decided to pay cash for it at that point...that is my story...i paid $18,900 for the base model, with mats and splash guards(which were already on) and it's gotham gray...of course, this doesn't include the tax and license...pat
  • roguerroguer Member Posts: 7
    Hi Roguers ;),

Just got my Rogue,SL AWD , prem pack, leather, moonroof
    MSRP:$27940 + Dealler added features $735
    Total: $28675

Sale Price: $25.387
    NY Tax: $2126.16
    DMV: $90
    Doc fee: $135

OTD: $27738.16

What do you think about my deal?
  • hackdhackd Member Posts: 65
    The problem with your post was that you did not pay $18,900 OTD. Out The Door means tax and license included. Not a big deal but that could mislead some so it is good you clarified. Actually the most interesting part of your post was the dealership offering an extended warranty to help your finance rate....kind of scam move on their part. Enjoy your car.
  • jboxtonjboxton Member Posts: 18
    Interest rates are so low now that most dealers can beat your glorious credit union rates or definately your own bank's. When I worked at a Nissan dealer when customers would play the "car shopper" and say I have my own financing through my credit union I don't want to hear what you have to say. I would be kind and not argue. About half the time, I would be able to get better for them and wait until the transaction was over. After we cashed the check I would call the customer and politely tell them that I didn't want them to feel I cheated them, but I was able to get a lower rate for them and didn't want them to see it advertised. I would laugh as they would attempt to go through us and I would tell them, "We already cashed the check; sorry".
    well, here in missouri otd means otd...you pay tax when you license the car...maybe every state is like that, i don't know...anyway...with that said, do you still think i made a pretty good deal? :blush: