Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Rogue Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• njteachnjteach Member Posts: 1
    Where's that dealership??? I just got 2 quotes online for an SV with the SL leather package - $26, 744 and $26,995!
  • veodell123veodell123 Member Posts: 1
    I just got a quote from a dealer for an AWD SV with the SL package for $25,900 is this a good deal or can i get ti cheaper? Also are the 2012 rogues coming out this summer if they are would the 2011 rouge SV AWD with the SL PKG be cheaper for me if i wait until then?
  • izbodizbod Member Posts: 21
    Loaded 2011 Rogue AWD with SL package. Rubbed the NJ dealer down to $ 26,200 with 2 years free maintenance. They hit me with the standard BS fees (docs, DMV). Still pretty happy with the deal. Just got home, the car drives well. As Japan crisis extends through the market, flexibility on prices will start to slip as inventory/parts dries up. Glad I pulled trigger now. 1.9% finance is cool too.
  • money6money6 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    It has been a couple of weeks since my test drive, and being end of month got te call from a dealer in upstate NY if I do our cash deal by end of month for an AWD SV with the SL package for $25,400 MSRP 29,335, as first offer, since they dont have the color I want on the lot, and take one they have. I'm wondering if they left a lil more room?
  • gregy1300gregy1300 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Izbod
    Please clarify if the $26,200 included Destination & Taxes. Also, which dealer in NJ you made this deal.
    Thanks
  • kristluckristluc Member Posts: 5
    i got a quote for a rogue sv with sl pkg 24300, you think it's a good low price or i should wait?
  • shtirletsshtirlets Member Posts: 11
    This sounds like a good price, what is the dealership name.
  • cashvsleasecashvslease Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2011
    Hi
    I am in the market for a new car, I have been quoted for a 2011 Rogue at 16995 if i finance/lease.

So, is it possible to get a much better deal perhaps around $15k or $16k with tax/title/reg included if paying cash. I have read that with cash you have better bargains but i have also read on the contrary.

Please share you thoughts.

Thanks
    is the 17k with cash or finance? Also, will i get abetter deal if i pay cash ? for Rogue s AWD 2011.

How does the finance thing work what hidden fees should i be careful and can u avoid the hidden fee bs
  • mx6bfastmx6bfast Member Posts: 11
    If you are going to pay cash why would you finance?
    I am try to find out which work better. if I will get a better deal if I pay cash perhaps 3- 4 grand below invoice? what has been the experience those who bought with cash..

and also how the finaciing and APR works ? any hidden cost that i should look out for..? what to expect from the dealer if I finance..

Thanks
  • dr94087dr94087 Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2011
    Hi,
    I have been offered price quote for 2011 rogue s for 18500 plus ttl
    The dealer is installing leather seats for no extra charge
    Is this a good offer in north CA?

should I wait for 2012 model? I heard they are coming shortly.

Thanks
    DR
    i think is a good price specially w leather seat grab now the 2012 new models they go up a lot and the are the same
  • kromenvykromenvy Member Posts: 1
    A local dealer still has two 2010 Krom editions on their lot priced at $26,165. They will give $5000 off this price, but I'm thinking this will increase once the 2012 models are released. When are the 2012 Rogues going to be on dealer's lots.
  • futurewizardfuturewizard Member Posts: 6
    Wow and this dude gave me 28+ K for 2011 Nissan Rogue SV with SL package.
    Folks quickly let me know the price of this as I have to buy either CRV EX-L Nav or Rouge SV With SL AWD.

Oh I'm in NJ and this price I got from Red Bank Nissan.

Thanks
    Where did you get this quote? I got 28+ K
    Mate, you gotta give me name of dealership and i'll put your name as reference. Red Bank dealer gave me 28K + as for base (including destination and few other fees), I still have to pay TAX+MV+Documentation+some other fee nd gave me 1 Year as free maintenance.

Plz send me information quickly as I want to buy this asap.

Thanks
  • navyguy01navyguy01 Member Posts: 1
    DR, do you know if the dealership is still offering that pricing on the 2011 Rogue? I'm definitely interested in purchasing a Rogue S with leather at that price.
    Got new SV with SL AWD from route 22 W NJ dealership
    26600.00 base
    +550 (Remote start) I think I paid 100 more
    +1450 (4 years extended warranty) paid 200 more
    +199 Car window Door etching
    +7% NJ Tax
    +299 NJ DMV registration
    +345 documentation.

Paid 5K as down and Rest on 36 month 0%.

Any comment.
  • newroguenewrogue Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Deal was $27,999 with free additional car accessories and installed for free.
    1) impact alarm sensor
    2) rear bumper protector
    3) illuminated kick plates
    4) Floor mats and cargo protector
    5) splash guards
    6) Silver roof rail crossbars
    7) retractable cargo cover
    W/ 3 years bumper to bumper warranty, moonroof, navi/traffic system
    +tax
    +docs
    +fees
    +5 year free maintenance and oil change plan for $1250

$15,000 down payment
    0% interest

Out the door was $31,090.
    Do you think I overpaid? Or just right? Or a good deal?

Any comments/insights would be great!
    edited August 2011
    Sorry mate you paid MSRP price, You paid atleast 2.5 K to 3 K more. To educate yourself, go to nissanusa.com and put all options there. The price you see is MSRP. I bought Rouge SV with SL AWD by paying 2 K less then invoice price. My MSRP was 30,900, Invoice was 28500 and I paid 26600.00 So I paid 2 K less then dealer invoice and 3.3 K less then MSRP.

Let me know If I missed calculating anything?

Well, forget watever happened, I say enjoy the car.
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    "5 year free maintenance and oil change plan for $1250"

Was it free or was it $1250? It can't be both.

Personally I wouldn't buy a service plan. All you're doing is pre-paying for the services and, when you finance, potentially paying interest on the pre-pay (though in your case the 0% negates that). You're also limiting yourself to using the dealer or dealer network only for your service needs.

I would also question any new car needing $1250 in maintenance during the first 5 years. I'd be interested in seeing a breakdown of how they came to that. What services are covered & at what prices. Given the reduced maintenance that new cars require (longer distances between oil changes, etc.), I find it hard to believe any new car would burn through that much maintenance cost in 5 years.

Rule of thumb: Turn down anything offered in the finance office.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
    Ok, I did the mistake of not finding out about extended warranty. I took 1499 for 4 years /100000. so this covers me for 7 years now.
    The reason I did this to bundle my payment on 0% APR. I should have shopped more about this.

But, yes generally I agree, you should turn down this offer and you can get same offer from other Nissan Dealers.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    $1250.00? Gee, that's pretty high. What exactly do you get for that? We did one for our Mazda 3s back in '05 and won't do it again, but we paid a lot less and ours was for 50k miles. We got: 15 oil changes, 7 tire rotations, 1 tranny service and 2 radiator services and I think we paid $340. At least we got all the services done and the wife was happy. I changed the oil change intervals to around 5k miles now and get it done where they rotate free each change. I think most new cars can go for 5k changes without any harm to the engine as oil's are so much better than they were 30 years ago and cars are made so much better now.

I won't be buying a maintenance plan ever again at this point. In fact, the wife loves her Mazda so much that we've decided to keep it until anything major goes wrong with it, something we've never done before. Usually our cars were gone once they hit the 80k mark but with things the way they are now, we are adjusting our time frame. She just hit 94k this week and nothing major yet. Was told some motor mounts are bad but will have that checked next week when I do the oil change/rotation. Then we'll see...and new sneakers will be needed by the time we get to 100k. But with the supply situation with compacts/sub compact cars now, we definitely want to wait until things return to some normalacy in the auto industry. Gotta feeling though that manufacturers will have a smaller daily supply of choices on hand. Welcome to the "new" auto industry. Time will tell!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• circi2000circi2000 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    Included bumper guard, splash guards, cargo cover, premium floor mats. Sticker was 30,415.
    Paid 26,900 + gave me about 2,000 more for my trade in than it was worth.
  • user44user44 Member Posts: 3
    SV base AWD lease.
    $299/m/39

Up front: First payment down + DMV (~400). Going in tomorrow.
    Good deal? (NYC area)
  • darkrose00darkrose00 Member Posts: 4
    I need some advice on getting a good deal on a Nissan Lease.
    I'm being offered $315/mo lease w/ taxes included for a Nissan SV base model lease (39mo/12K)
    I am supposed to pay about $1500 that covers DMV, first mo and bank fee.

Wanted to go down to $300 mo if possible and not pay as much in downpayment. How possible is to negotiate? Is my asking price reasonable?
    This seems like a better deal than what I was offered. Wondering if it matters if I get it from NY or NJ.
    Here's what I ended up with.

$305/m
    First month and DMV down.

That's it.
    Now I was able to get it down to:

SV (AWD)
    39mo/12K miles
    Bank Acquisition Fee + 1st Mo = $895
    Mo payments including tax: $299
    (No trade or other rebates)

I am going to give this price to another dealer to see if he can beat it. That dealership also offers Free Oil change for Life which can save me some money.

Good deal?
    I think that's a great deal.
    Is this East Coast Nissan? If so, who is the person you're dealing with?
  • svisvi Member Posts: 4
    Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price........$ 24420
    Stevens Creek Nissan Discount..................-$ 2973
    Stevens Creek Nissan Selling Price is...........$ 21447
    (PRICE BEFORE TAXES & REBATES ETC......)
    Factory Bonus Cash Incentive....................-$ 750
    (Incentive)

Your internet price is................................$ 20697
    +Tax, Title & Documentation Fee**

I added the $1250 5 year/60K scheduled maintenance.
    + $2000 84month/100K extended gold preferred warranty.

I figured the scheduled maintenance at the dealership would be more expensive than $1250.
    how much does the 30k, 45K cost ? at the dealership, at local stores ?
    edited October 2011
    Sounds nice but I'd have probably not gotten the extra stuff. Though, having the maintenance policy does make sure that you will have it all done in a timely manner. But I'd have priced things out a la carte before I purchased it myself. And the extended warranty is a gamble...insurance that will pay for things that will go wrong...if any. I'd have also looked online for any cheaper places to buy it also. But again, I do things differently.

Enjoy the car...they are a really nice alternative to the CRV and when I sat in one a few months ago, i noticed that the radio set up has a special ipod connection so it's real easy to hook it up. Mentioned to the wife on the way home the other night that a Rogue or the Hyundai equivalent would be a great choice for my next ride. I prefer to be able to just slide into a seat and love the higher seating these utes provide. Also they're not too big and since I only drive about 800 or less miles a year now, gas mileage wouldn't be such an important variable in the decision process. Right now, seating comfort is my main priority in my ride. And hopefully by the time I'm ready to purchase, 2016 or so, the mileage figures will be somewhat improved.

Just something to think about because I will not buy any car for myself in the future that I fall into and need the handle to get myself out...my spinal issues are just to bad for that now. And since my next ride will be my last one, I plan to get one that will be a splurge for me in terms of the creature comforts...up to now I've always been so financially conservative that I've never let myself get what I really really want. And since cars have been my life long passion, I think I deserve, eventually, something outside the box! And I think by now I deserve it!!! :)

P.S. Sorry for the rant there!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• erin434erin434 Member Posts: 2
    This topic was extremely helpful in the buying process so I'm paying it forward. Happy to report I've had the most painless car buying experience of my life. I mentioned the Sam's Club discounts and received the following:

2012 Nissan Rogue SV FWD
    Kick Plates
    Cargo Mats
    Bumper Guard
    Splash Guard
    Free delivery and trade in return (3 hrs away)

MSRP $25295.30

Selling Price $22600.00
    Security Plus 5yr/100k $1050.00
    TTL $1506.99

Drive out w/ TTL $25156.99
    Sounds like a very good deal for a very nice ride. What color did you get? Some of those pearlized paints are very nice looking. Saw a Nissan the other day, not sure which truck it was, a Murano or a Rogue, in that color, pearlized white, and it was a stunning color. Absolutely beautiful.

• XxHaimBonxXXxHaimBonxX Member Posts: 135
    edited October 2011
    Anyone had an experience with this exact model? I am getting all sorts of different answers from dealers all over the North East. One, with excellent reputation, said that there is none available the the whole North Eastern inventory (he made some sort of a search). The other with not so good reputation had me at $23,960 out the door, plus free oil changes for life. Put a deposit on that one.

Others quoted me over $24K just for the car.
  • erin434erin434 Member Posts: 2
    Platinum Graphite (Grey), love it!
    Somewhat pleasant surprise. Even though the total price went up at the end $200 due to an "honest mistake in tax jurisdiction", we actually picked up an AWD Special Edition. So it worked out still about $800 below invoice before any incentives.
    Sweet! Ya done real good. Aren't the alloys really nice looking? Gives the ute a whole different, more aggressive look and stance...enjoy your new puppy!

edited October 2011
    Odd thing is that they told me Rogues don't come in FWD, even though there is clearly an option on Nissan website. The car came out looking pretty good, being completely black with nice alloy wheels and a chrome grill. This is my parent's car, I just set up the deal for them so finally they paid below MSRP, even below invoice!

Personally, I am into sports luxury sedans. 2012 TL, here I come!
  • jmat78jmat78 Member Posts: 1
    Hello XxHaimBonxX, Do you mind posting the final $$$$$ paid before taxes and fees ? We are looking to buy a 2012 S AWD SE .

Thanks in advance,
    J
  • jwsmith1jwsmith1 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2011
    MSRP - 30,425.
    Dealer - 28,444.
    minus $1000 Dealer discount. minus $150 VPP discount.
    Final price - $27,294.
    ZERO DOWN.
    First payment $721 including first month payment, tax etc.

$371 a month (inclusive of tax) for 39 months

(0.0094 with 53% residual).

1 year maintenance free.

Good deal ?? (Ohio, Cleveland) or should I press for more.
  • wknclasdogwknclasdog Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    Gap Insurance is a must if you finance your vehicle. It's about 13 dollars a month. As you know when you leave the dealership with yor car it already loses some value and continues to do so. If you get into an accident and the car is totaled or the car is stolen you will only be given book value for the car and you could still owe the finance company thousands. Gap insurance pays off your vehicle completely, so basically it fills the gap between what the book value on the car is and what you financed and pays off the whole amount.
    Gap insurance isn't a must and it doesn't pay off your vehicle completely. It only pays the difference between what insurance covers & what is owed on the car. In the end, the consumer is left with nothing.

Gap insurance can easily be avoided with a down payment large enough to offset the initial depreciation.

I bought a car in 2010 and my wife just bought in September and in both cases by starting with a down payment as small as $4K we avoided gap insurance. And $4K isn't that much since that includes whatever you can get for your old car via trade-in or private sale.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,702
    Or... you can just leave your $4k in the bank.... and use it in the event your car is totaled to make up the difference..

Either way, in the event of a total, your loss is the same...

I agree.... $156 per year to insure only $4K isn't a very wise use of your money..

Plus, if you can't absorb a $4K loss, you likely shouldn't borrow $30K for a new car.. :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

True. I'll add that putting the $ down lowers your monthly payment by $16.67/thousand (assume 60 months) so a $4K down payment = a monthly payment that's about $67 lower. For many folks, having a lower monthly payment is more important than supplying the initial money down. Assuming the financing wasn't at 0%, the interest you pay is also reduced.
  • donjcdonjc Member Posts: 19
    Hello does anyone have the current NMAC lease rate for:
    2012 Rogue FWD SV with SL PKG.
    I am looking for the following information, on 12k mile/year for both 36 mon and 39 mon lease.

Residual Value
    MF
  • msdebolamsdebola Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I just came back from dealer today looking at same model. They offered me the car for $28,200, 0.00029 money factor, and $17,408 residual. 12K mile for 39 month. Pay DMV, 1st month pmt of $369, and taxes up front. I am going to counter-offer, as I do not want to pay taxes up front. They also added in $1369 I have remaining on my current VW lease, which is up in Feb. I posted question to see if this was a good deal. I am not in a rush and am taking my time, but if its a good deal, I will take it! Good luck!
  • carstwocarstwo Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

Just wondering what ppl paid for their 2011 or 2012 Rogue SV AWD. Did you take the cash rebate or special finance? I am not thinking of buying the SL pkg because trying to save money.

Thx

CarTwo
    hi i got my 2011 rogue sv sl awd pkg 25k in north plainfield - nj excluding tax -fee.good luck