Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Rogue Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,966
    Didn't see any of these when at the dealer last month...have they discontinued this model for 2012? I also saw a few with a different, and nicer grille while there. Is this the Krom version I've heard about and what are the differences besides the price? Still think I prefer the CRV but it seems like the CRV is a bit longer and wider. Am I correct here?

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• carstwocarstwo Member Posts: 6
    Excellent buy. Got a quote btw $23K - $24K w/o SL pkg for 2011 Rogue SV AWD. What service did you use to negotiate? When did you buy it? I know that title, registration, and taxes are additional. what other fees did they charge you? which sales did you use?
    Thx
  • jwsmith1jwsmith1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am looking to buy a Rogue and wondering if it still makes sense to buy a 2011 at this point? I will most likely re-sell in 3 years, so buying a 2011 would make it look like I had it for 4 years in 2015.. wherein a 2012 would make it look as if I had it only for 3 years.. I know that mileage matters the most, but I still feel like the model year makes a difference too..

But the 2011s might come with great deals right now.. what do you guys think?

Also, how much did you pay for a 2011 or 2012 SV with the SL Package (AWD)?

Thank you.
  • mascarenhasrmascarenhasr Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    Just purchased the 2012 AWD Rogue SV with SL package. Paid 25,800 before tax title etc with 7 miles on it.

Purchase experience was awesome! (Rosen Nissan in Gurnee, IL). They do not include any "dealer options" and were one of the only ones to respond with an OTD (Out the door) price - which was lowest I found in the area.

I got $500 thanksgiving cash back (avail until nov 30); Also, I did the 1.9% financing and got back another $500 rebate. The OTD price was $28,500 which also included the $500 I chose to pay for the paint, interior and under carraige protection (Negotiated it down from $850). I'd done a lot of research and many people say this is a waste - but I assume it would cost atleast 200 to get it done somewhere else so why not. This makes sense only if you plan on keeping the car till you drive it into the ground :-) which is how I've always been with cars.

I did the math and it was NOT worth buying the 2011 !!! There are no promotions on it - maybe the deals will get better in December - thats a gamble. There is a $1000 cash back rebate on the 2011 but you have to finace it on your own. The MSRP difference btween the 2011 and 2012 models was a difference of $500.

Edit: Almost forgot - Dont forget to check the Dealer inventory from the Nissan websites. You can see exacly which options the car was shipped with from the manufacturer. I saw about a $500 difference on the exact same models and then noticed the options. The one I bought had the splash guards, rear bumber protector and carpeted floor mats.
  • purplefenixpurplefenix Member Posts: 1
    Am I looking for the impossible? I'm trying to an AWD SV with the SL package, and I can't find any in the colors I want anywhere! Is there a shortage of this model? Thus far I've tried two states surrounding me (MD and PA), the dealers where my parents live (NY), and I'm ready to start looking in VA next since it's not that far of a drive.

I have a 2009 Rogue and love it, but they've made a few tweaks that fix some of the things I never liked about the older model. I'm not 100% convinced that I need a new one, but I'm seriously looking. I love love love the CVT unlike a lot of people, and I find the haters don't necessarily understand how it works or how to use it. I hate not having automatic headlights and the 2012 does.

I think the two big things that would seal the deal for me would be a remote starter, and a pull-down cupholder in the back like the Murano has. (I can't believe Nissan doesn't do that...they are pretty much the only company that doesn't).

Sorry for the rambling...I'm just thinking if the top-end model is that hard to get, then I'm not going to get a good deal on it (supply/demand).
  • drumsdrums Member Posts: 17
    Hi,

I am debating between 2011 nissan rogue and 2011 rav.4? 2011 nissan has 0 % percent financing for 60 months vs. the 0 percent financing with rav4. which is a better buy and value. I am concerned about reliability and resale value. I will get the awd option on whatever i choose.

please give your opinion.

anybody is really happy or not....pls share advice
  • snapon29snapon29 Member Posts: 1
    I will provide more details when I get the car cause they didn't have it in my color so they have to get it transferred but the deal was real good.

All I can say is anyone reading this: use truecar, they give you good quotes and give you 2 or 3 dealerships in your area and they have to at least match those prices b/c it is guaranteed.

We're talking at least 2500 below the invoice for the Rogue(S) based on the quotes I got from truecar. Unsure of the higher level models with the packages but I'm sure they are similarly quoted relative to the higher invoice. Then, you can go down even a little more under the quoted price if you have enough to backup your claims.
  • jwsmith1jwsmith1 Member Posts: 3
    I stuck to this thread for price info for the past few months, so paying it forward here.

I paid 27,100 for the car, with the following options:

Floor Mats, Cargo Cover, Splash Guards, Painted Rear Spoiler, Rear Bumper Protector.

The car had 47 miles on it.

I could have gotten another 500 off (I walked in there with a 26,600 price quote), but here is how I lost it. The $500 student/graduate discount is only applicable for 60 month financing, and I was doing 72 months. So, I couldn't qualify. The other option was the $500 customer cash available if I did my own financing. But, I opted for the Nissan 1.9% financing instead. So, technically, if I financed on my own, I could have gotten the car for 500 less. And, as a new grad, if I financed with them, but went with the 60 month option, I could have also gotten the car for 500 less. So, if you qualify for either of these, ask for 26,600.

I paid another 1100 for Nissan's Security Plus vehicle protection plan for 6 years. It protects the GPS, Bluetooth, Rearview camera and the other electical components. Since I financed for 6 years, I took the 6 year plan (it comes in handy for re-sale too).

Also, I put ZERO down. So, I literally walked out of there with the keys and no money out of pocket.

So, with the 1100 Nissan Security, plus 27,100 for the car, and the title + tax + doc fee, the total was $30,200. The monthly payment comes out to about $450 a month (a couple of dollars less than that I think). I got one year free maintenance on the car included as a bonus.

Let me know if you have any questions.

John.
  • dalondalon Member Posts: 12
    So, here's my experience:

I went in buying a 2011 Nissan Rogue Base S with AWD. I got a truecar quote for 20,006(2650 below invoice). Sounded like a good deal. I did some more research and found that the Nissan Rogue had recalls in '08 and '09 for power steering issues. Also, another recall was done in 2011(about 1 1/2 weeks ago) for the circuit board needing to be replaced which was also related to power steering. I used this and a rival newspaper ad as a way to get it down an extra $406, so I was down to 19,600.

Before that, I test drove it and everything was alright during the daytime. The car drove fine, very smooth, but the visibility is very bad. It's hard to see when you're backing up b/c of the seats being so high and the design of the car. Also, the blind spots are real bad. When I test drove this car at night, I was slightly concerned over my safety when making lane changes or merging onto the highway.

Well, anyways, we agreed on that 19600 deal (before taxes,doc,licenseing fees) and I signed and paid a $500 downpayment. They didn't have the car in my color, so it would be transferred from another dealership. I was told it would be there either Sat, Monday, or Tuesday. In the meantime, I started getting doubts as to whether I paid a good deal or not. Also, that's when I noticed the 2011 recall for the Rogue based on the power steering issue. There seems to be a huge issue with power steering and this vehicle.

So, I get a call not in the morning but in the middle of the afternoon telling me that the locater was no there and that my car might not be here for at least another couple of days when it was promised by either Mon. or Tuesday. At that point, I felt there was a lot of miscommunication, maybe some games being played, and we decided to cancel the deal. I called them later that night to explain why we canceled and to see if they wanted to renegotiate. They said, sure, I came in the next day, and my out the door price was $1000 higher than it was originally. I was willing to make some concessions but the reason for the cancellation was the shadiness of the salesperson and being unsure of his motives. So it went from 3G's below invoice to $500 below invoice(even though the truecar guarantees $2650 below invoice).

I basically told them I'll consider it but I would be test driving another car. I ended up getting the other car b/c I was gonna get the same out the door price with the 2012 Forester as I would with the 2011 Nissan Rogue with horrible blind spots/visibility/recall history.

I had a real great deal but in the end, sometimes things happen for a reason and I still got my Forester for $700 below invoice so I hope I did decent with that. Plus, that car salesmen at Subaru was very nice, showed me all the buttons in the car, and never pressured me once. He was real laid back, low-key, so I didn't feel the need to haggle with him like I did with the Nissan guy.
  • cmh_0414cmh_0414 Member Posts: 1
    Hello!
    I am looking to buy a S or SV Nissan Rogue 2012, and was wondering how much was the final pri ce for those who have recently bought Rogues. Also, what are your comments about all of the features on the SV? Im trying to decide if I need the additional features or not.

(This message is mainly indicated for people who live in Texas, but other comments are appreciated!)

Thanks!
    I'm in Illinois but truecar.com price quote around my area is 20,800-20,900 at the cheapest for the base S model. So, you're probably looking at another 1300 for the next model up, the SV, which would bump it up to 22K+ before ttl.

So, I'd suggest using truecar as a measuring tool for you. But, I will say that the main issue with the Rogue is visibility issues. The blind spots are absolutely horrible and if you look at reviews for the Rogue, the consensus is that the visibility is bad, blind spots are horrible, there is a need to purchase the back camera to help with blind spots, and people find that it is hard backing up and they have to be careful. I guess this is due to the exterior design of the Rogue. I know I test-drove the 2011 Rogue at night and I was pretty nervous merging onto the highway b/c of the horrible blind spots.

Rogue is a decent car, decent fuel mileage, but comfort is one important issue with this car. The Hyundai Tucson and Subaru Forester are 2 similarly priced compact SUV's that you might also want to consider. I was pretty much dead set on buying a Rogue but some issues caused me to go test drive a Subaru Forester and it is much more comfortable, no blind spot issues, visibility is excellent. I got that instead.

Not telling you what you should get but this was my experience.
  • napalmkittynapalmkitty Member Posts: 1
    I have my heart set on the 2012 Nissan Rogue SV w/ SL packaging. I have a business associate VPP discount and I'm not really sure how the discount works. This is what the Nissan VPP site lists:

MSRP $25,220
    Dealer Invoice $23,206

VPP Discount $150
    Customer Cash Rebate $750
    VPP Price $22,306
    Total Saving Below MSRP $2,914

Can anyone break it down for me how this works? Am I able to haggle the price of the Rogue before I show them the discount? Thanks.
    Yea, haggle them on the recalls that the Rogue has had for power steering issues on the '08/'09 models and again on the 2011 model, which was recalled just 1 month ago. I did that and was able to get the price down an extra $350 just on that alone. I didn't get the Rogue but I think you can use it to your advantage b/c these salesmen need your business, especially during the winter months. Some dealerships are real cocky SOB's(dealt with one in my area like that) and others are more flexible(another Nissan dealership was more flexible).

Also, go on truecar.com, put in a quote, and you'll get 2-3 dealerships within your area that will match that low quote price, then bargain from there.

Nissan does have a lot of savings opportunities. Unfortunately, the Rogue is not the safest vehicle from a visibility standpoint. The exterior look is very nice and sleak and it is better than my Subaru Forester but sometimes your comfort level in the car outweights the look of the car.
  • hank1724hank1724 Member Posts: 5
    Not all the latest Nissan incentives/offers are necessarily listed under Edmunds, True car, etc. For e.g. Nissan had a $500 weekend bonus (Martin King Luther) and $1000 savings currently on Rogue AWD S special addition. However, can’t see these incentives factored in Edmunds/True car or similar websites? Any advise...

Anybody with an actual buying experience (in MA)?
  • khomschekkhomschek Member Posts: 1
    I found these posts helpful, so here was my experience. I bought a new 2012 basic S model Rogue with no additional options whatsoever. I got a totaL selling price of $20709.89, $2065 below msrp and it was right about the invoice price... I have no idea if i got a good deal or not and don't care to question it after the fact! I got 0% financing for 60 months and with $5000 down I pay $300 a month. I declined the additional warranty for 72 months or 75,000 which was an additional $1547. It's a risk I am willing to take to keep my payment as low as possible. Hope this helps
  • anointedhelp1anointedhelp1 Member Posts: 4
    I do not trust dealerships and with good reason. Team Nissan of Marietta is no exception. They are out to make the maximum profit on each sale. My overall car buying experience was decent. My salesman was extremely thorough and my compliant is not with him. After carefully reviewing my purchase agreement the next day I found several egregious overcharges. I issue a word of warning. Be very careful to research and negotiate all the extremely marked up dealer add-ons. Do not pay more that $50 for lug nut locks ($199 sticker price), theft protection program should be free or close to it ($299 sticker price), stay away from any extended warranty. Just buy the car with tax, title, and dealer fees (often pre-printed on purchase order - should range from $100 to $500). Every accessory you want can be bought on line for a fraction of the cost. Beware and do your research! Learn from my experience.
  • julyjulyjulyjuly Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2012
    Just got a 2012 Nissan Rogue SV w/ SL + AWD. There must be other accessories, but the only one I know of is rear bumper protector, since that's the one that I really care. Total about $28.5k OTD including $500 grad rebate & 7% tax. The price of the vehicle itself is 26,900 without rebate. I am satisfied with this price, since none of the other dealers w/in 100 miles can match this price. The best thing about it is 0% interest.
  • rogue2012rogue2012 Member Posts: 3
    2012 Rogue SV with premium package, fog lights , and floor/trunk mats. MSRP 27195 . Neg. price 22975 Drive out was 24000 .

I had to head for the door before I got that price. I told the sales rep 24k drive out and not a penny more(sales rep told me over the phone that that was doable). Floor manager came over and dropped 25200 on the table and started a to pitch how he was making no $ at that price. I laughed and told my wife lets go across the street and buy the Camry we just looked at . Im telling you the guy literally chased me across the sales floor telling "wait , wait , please.....I work for someone too let me see what he can do" I told him I shouldnt even give you another shot....24k or nothing....final chance. He came back a couple of mins later and said he could do 24k out the door but to please recommend them to others.

Yeah, I got my price in the end but honestly ....I wouldnt send anyone there to buy with the tactics they use. I really should have just kept walking.
  • julyjulyjulyjuly Member Posts: 6
    Wow is that an AWD? I thought I got a good deal but yours just sounds unbelievable.
  • rogue2012rogue2012 Member Posts: 3
    @julyjuly

No its not and AWD. The key to the deal was that I had a Camry SE deal waiting on me for 24k OTD that had a similar MSRP. They knew that before I came in and the sales rep said they could do 24k OTD on that Rogue over the phone if I came in and bought it right then. I would have been happy with the Camry if they they didnt honor their verbal offer. Oh ...and you can bet they made some $ .....but not much. Most of all they didnt want a Toyota dealership across the street to get the sale.....I would have drove that Camry right across the front of their lot blowing the horn....lol.

I still wouldnt recommend this dealership to anyone.
  • rob2234rob2234 Member Posts: 1
    Just got 2012 Rogue SV with mats/guards MSRP $27,110 for $24000 with 0.9% for 60 months. Is that a good deal?
  • alhurricanealhurricane Member Posts: 5
    rob2234, is $24,000 the 'out the door' price or is that before tax, tag, and title?
  • rogyroguerogyrogue Member Posts: 1
    Doing a little Monday morning QB'ing here.

Just picked a Rogue SV/SL AWD with rear bumper protector, floor/cargo mats, and retractable cargo cover. Opted for the 0.9 financing offer since it was quite great. Price after rebate was $26,877. Did the comps and this pretty much matched up w/ Carmax (who can't seem to keep these on the lot, btw). Total OTD (T,T,L) was $29,499. Also comes with basic car washes for life and 3yrs of oil changes.

Sound like a good deal? Have a friend who may trade for one as well so I'm doing some advance recon. All feeback is greatly appreciated.
  • vdam10vdam10 Member Posts: 3
    I went to Nissan in Dallas, TX and got this offer today, 2012 Rogue S FWD with floor mats option for $20,810. I wanted to finance and do the 0 interest for 36 months. They said they can't offer 0 interest with that price, that it's either 36 months interest free or $1000 cash back. I walked out and said I'll check other prices. Is that true about the either/or? It seems at least one poster in here got 0 interest for 60 months around the price that was quoted. It's my first time negotiating for a car so any help is good. thanks.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Just to let you know a all new Rogue is due out very soon (with in this year) so there are three things you can do. 1. on Nissan's Web site you can apply for credit and see what kind f interest rate they offer you, the 0% was through Nissan Credit, 2. go back to the dealer and say, I want 0% for 36 months for X price, if I don't get it, you leave. 3. wait for the 2013s to come out and get a excellent price on 2012...
  • vdam10vdam10 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply. Do you think $20,810 with 0 interest is too much to ask for? thanks.
  • janicenewyork7janicenewyork7 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2012 nissan rogue, after driving it for the first couple of days,i felt vibrations from the steering wheel. I took it back to garden city nissan several times, each time i got a different explanation as to what this vibration was. Finally on my last visit, i was told this is normal with the cvt transmission. I am totally dissatisfied with the driving experience of this car.Automobiles should run smoothly, This car is a terrible disappointment and I would highly suggest any one considering buying this car to find something else.
  • vivekasticvivekastic Member Posts: 9
    Please adjust your air pressure. My friend had this issue and was completely resolved when he mate the tire pressure of all 4 tires.

Anyway, I want to check with all of you whether I am getting the best deal.

I am getting Rogue SV with few accessories... MSRP 25620 for 20800 before TTL. Is that a good price?
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    Here in Texas you can get the Rogue SV (MSRP- $25720), w/floor mats, rear bumper protector, splash guards for $20219 with NO haggling. So... you may be able to do a bit better.
    that is because a all new Rogue us due out in the next couple of months. I'm sure all dealers are willing to deal on them...
    Hhmm tried very hard. Could not get it below 23000 OTD in CALIFORNIA. About 20800 before ttl. I could not get any better at other dealers so went ahead. Looks like I am off by few hundred $.
  • frankchen009frankchen009 Member Posts: 8
    Purchased a Nissan Rogue FWD special edition at 20100+TTL(tax rate 7.3%)+doc fee(499)=223xx OTD at Tennessee. Is this a good price?
    Sounds like a good deal. Here in Texas, the Spec Edition version is going for $20755 (MSRP of $24420) but our doc fees are only $189 and tax is 6.25%. Enjoy the ride!
  • frankchen009frankchen009 Member Posts: 8
    Yeah, I think the price probably can be even lower but it costs more time for negotiating. BTW, I just realize that I forgot to claim additional $500 incentives from Nissan. Is there any way I can get that money back? I already purchased the car. Thanks.
  • driver735driver735 Member Posts: 14
    After 3 months driving the rogue, car still exhibits grumbling noises and vibrations. I can not trade it in at this point without significant monetary loss. The dealer says this is normal behavior for the rogue. Persons considering the rogue should consider something else.
  • palbkhpalbkh Member Posts: 1
    When you buy a car, you buy the car and services. I bought a Nissan Rogue in 2011. I request you not to buy a Nissan. Their service is extremely poor. Nobody wants to take responsibility of the issue you maybe facing. They all just keep pointing to one another and refuse to talk amongst each other and sort the issue out. Their services agents in the call center are not knowledgeable at all and provide you with incorrect information. When you do try to correct it, they refuse to correct it saying that I need to wait for a resolution to be sent via post. Once I get that and do not agree with the resolution I should call back again. Of course I will not agree with the resolution because their facts are not correct in the first place. Finally, I was told in not so many words that it was time for the agent to go home so I should just wait.

Again please do not buy a Nissan.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,966
    Daughter has an '09 Versa SL hatch and loves her 1st car. For what it is, it really is a nice car...especially that one doesn't fall into it, I just slide over into the front seat. I personally wouldn't be ashamed to have one as my daily driver. Nissan has fixed a couple of things under warranty and have been great to work with. Guess some have good luck and some, like the poster above, do not. But the same can be said for most manufacturer's I'd bet...usually comes down to how each company deals with problems as they crop up.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Why not tell us the issues and problems you had, also tell us the name of the dealership/s.

For what it is worth, each manufacture has issues, but I can tell you that my Partner has had 8 Nissan's and not one problem that was not taken care of on the first visit.
  • houstonbrianhoustonbrian Member Posts: 1
    What dealership have you had the most success with at getting this pricing? Live in Houston. First 2 quotes were $2K higher. Thanks so much.
    Gunn Nissan...home of the 1 price, no "haggle" pricing.
  • driver735driver735 Member Posts: 14
    prospective buyers of the nissan rogue should be aware of grumbling sounds and vibrations. If you are used to driving a car with a smooth shifting automatic transmission, this car is not for you. It is impossible to get used to.
    Driver my partner and I have a 2008 Rogue with 55K miles on it, never an issue and never head this "grumbling" sound. However, the CVT does make different noises then the old school automatic, too bad you were too busy listening to the radio or talking when doing a test drive to "hear" this "grumbling" noise on your test drive... This is a listen learned for you...
    Driver has reply for every post in "new rogue buying experience" forum and either exhibits his frustration in wrong place or is paid by competitors. If its the former case, man you need to get over it and fight out with Nissan. They do everything possible to save their face. And if you have so much time as to spam this forum, rather spent a little time finding a lemon law lawyer! Your posts are not helping anybody (and that includes you).

If there is a moderator in this forum, please save us from his spams.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• 2002_accord2002_accord Member Posts: 9
    Just bought a brilliant Silver 2012 Rogue FWD / Special Edition package for $5,888 (1 at this price). OTD prices $21K (8.375% sales tax). Premier Nissan - San Jose. $5,100 Off MSRP All Rogues ask for Vincent Nguyen internet Sales Manager. Selection may be limited at the 2013 are already in.

I lucked out as I was about to pull the trigger at $5,100 off MSRP with my first color choice (Perl White) when I called Premier Nissan they had the "1 at this price sale" and exact package that I wanted but not my preferred color. Don't count on this one only price because: 1 there is really one, second the trim/option may not match what you want. As the salesperson said, it is "that one" at this price. In my case only 8 miles :)

I recommend the $1,200 SE package which includes: Alloy wheels, Fog Lights, Tinted rear windows and lifgate - very nice!

Thanks for reading.
    Less than one week ago Aug 23rd a bought a Rogue for "1 at this price". Thought I got the deal of the year now you can too. I just saw today's AD (Premier Nissan San Jose, CA). You can get my deal for ALL 2012 Rogues. So a Rogue S - FWD should be around 17K before tax.

Even better 1 or more Murano at 8K off.

EOM -- disclosure: i don't work for any dealership ...
  • edmunds604edmunds604 Member Posts: 8
    how much did you paid total? can you break it down.
  • edmunds604edmunds604 Member Posts: 8
    How much you paid? Can you break down the prices?
    edited September 2012
    I don't find OTD prices to be useful but here it is. I paid MSRP - 5,888 (dealer discount+manuf rebates) = 18,362 before taxes / license / fees. No dealer added accessories such pin stripe, etc. No trade in. Financed 10K, but if you pay cash you don't get the additional 500 rebate.

My OTD ~ 20,800 (near $100) - already filed my receipts.

MSRP: 24,250 (includes destination)
    PAID: 18,362 (msrp - 5,888)
    Tax: 1,750
    Doc Fee: 80
    Licent/Title 608 (approx)

OTD: $20,800
  • johnnyzxzjohnnyzxz Member Posts: 1
    Hey man, I'm in Houston trynna get a good OTD price like you just did. How did you get so much shaved off the dealer's price?