Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln LS Door Handle

gottizgottiz Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Lincoln
Does anyone know where to find the interior door handles for the 02 ls's the only place i can find them is the dealer i can't even find them on ebay or junkyards around here. anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• jeyhoejeyhoe Member Posts: 490
    Maybe if you told someone what car you're talking about u might have better luck.
  • gottizgottiz Member Posts: 8
    sorry i thought since i posted it in in the ls forum you would assume it was an ls

anyways it's a 2002 Lincoln LS
  • victoria351victoria351 Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

I seem to be having the same problem, my door handle is broken from the inside. Anyone know where I can get one for a 2000 Lincoln LS.

Thanks,
    Victoria :lemon:
    the only place really your going to find one is a dealer, i tried everywhere with no success. Junkyards generally will not just give you the doorhandle at least the ones i went to didn't they said something about if the doors good they'd rather sell the entire door.

Sorry,
    :cry:
  • victoria351victoria351 Member Posts: 6
    I guess your right, that is really my only option. Is there a website I can check out to see how much a new door handle will cost. I can't even pass inspection. The handle is actually broken from the inside. It is very humorous trying to watch me get out of the car. I have to either jump out the passenger side, or roll down the window and try to lug the heavy door open with both hands.
    haha, yeah i had to do the same thing, good thing you didn't have it go out in winter where your windows freeze to the door.
    Now, gottiz, see why I asked you that question? :)
  • partsmiapartsmia Member Posts: 5
    I have contacted Chrysler customer support regarding this 9 months ago and am still waiting. They put me on a Priority status. Still no door handle. They keep saying I will have one the following month. Turns out there are over 250 of us who do not have inside drivers door handles and they are back to saying again it will be another month. The local dealer told me that the place that used to manufacture the part went out of business and they are looking for a new manufacturer and I should have the handle next month. This has been going on for 9 months. All I want to do is sell this sucker. I had to replace the transmission at 50,000 miles I am going back to foreign made. At least they stayed together and ran. I have checked junk yards and after market parts companies to no avail. And Chrysler wonders why they are in financial trouble :P If anyone knows of where to get this handle let me know. It is a 2002 Sebring convertible and I don't care if the handle is not chrome at this point I will take anything. :lemon:
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    just make you so proud to drive one of these?

In fact, on my list of 3 or 4 things that I absolutely have to do before I can sell my '00 LS, is replacing the driver's inside door handle. I've got fairly strong hands and have figured out how to get the door open without running the window down so I can reach the outside handle, but my wife doesn't have the required hand strength. The good news is that I bought the replacement part about a year ago, shortly before I figured out that I could make the door open without going through all the joy that's involved in the replacement. There's drilling out of rivets (and retrieving the pieces in the recesses of the door) involved. Oh boy.

It's such a joy explaining to her how to get out of my "luxury" car that I was so pumped up on 8 years ago.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    Geez. Hadn't even heard of this issue before. So the "chrome" cough cough wink wink inner door handle is prone to breaking off? That would s*ck. And sounds like replacing it is another of Ford's better ideas? It's not just held in by a pin or something? You gotta drill out rivets? ARRGGH

Incidentally, my wife got rear ended in our LS on the way home tonite. She's fine. It was just a slow bash in the rear bumper. THis is the 3rd time the rear's had to be fixed on this car. I got rearended once by a guy doing about 50 mph. That hurt. And the third time, I backed into one of those 3 foot high concrete poles that keep u from backing into the gas pump! :blush:
  • inztagatahinztagatah Member Posts: 9
    my handle broke as well they want 180.00 at the dealer ship. at first i tied a little string around it but after a while i learned that if you pull whats left of the handle than use ur thumb and pointer finger you can open it with the lock by putting your thumb on the innerside ( * ) and your pointer finger on the outer side ( )* put you pointer finger behind the lock for leverage pretty much your using the lock as a handle but it works just be sure to pull the handle also

stars indicate where to put your fingers

( *lock )*
    ( door handle)
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,308
    ford still uses the same piece is the fusion/milan.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • rebeccablackrebeccablack Member Posts: 1
    I have one for sell for $60
  • g4rgoyleg4rgoyle Member Posts: 1
    I'll buy it for $50
  • smshrefflersmshreffler Member Posts: 1
    I have had my drivers inside door break as well.
    I have not had time to get the car into dealership for replacement.
    Here's the good news. The other day I was inside my Lincoln LSE and found that if you open your broken handle, and pull back on the door lock portion of the handle, your door will open from inside.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    The other day I was inside my Lincoln LSE and found that if you open your broken handle, and pull back on the door lock portion of the handle, your door will open from inside.

Yup, that's one of the work-arounds that an LS owner learns. I think I went through two door handles.

If you live in a climate in which it actually matters if your windows are all the way up, I would recommend carrying tape of some sort to deal with the window(s) when the regulator fails. I went through 6 of those as well.

If your dealership can even spell LS, consider yourself lucky.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester