Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-9 Maintenance and Repair

13»

Comments

• mindleftnumbmindleftnumb Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2010
    Does the 2009 CX9 have a "newer" oil filter that would necessitate an extra $5 charge during an oil change? I was hit with this at a newer mechanic I went to for my last oil change and it sounded odd to me.
  • dmj155dmj155 Member Posts: 2
    Highly doubtful. Sounds like a scam to me. To my knowledge the powertrain is unchanged since prior years and the engine is designed/built by Ford Motor company in high volume, so there shouldn't be an "extra charge"...
    That's what I figured. Thanks.
    I called the mechanic again to clarify and they're now saying the mechanic was most likely referring to a "canister type filter" which they charge more for. Any thoughts?
  • davichodavicho Member Posts: 190
    I'd like to give "the mechanic" the benefit of the doubt, that he/she truly made an honest mistake because some Mazda vehicles (i.e Mazda5) do take a canister element replcement, but who knows. I would be the wrong guy to ask because I do my own maintenence and repairs (if it is within my abilities) because I don't trust just any "mechanic".
  • kjwalimirekjwalimire Member Posts: 1
    My husband and I purchased our 2010 cx-9 in July of last year. About a month ago when the weather in PA turned cold I began noticing a noise at start up. It sounds like a grinding sound. It only lasts for a few minutes when the brakes are applied and then it stops. However, the noise is getting louder and worse. I have also noticed a rattling sound at start up now as well. The car only has 7,000 miles on it. I'm going to take it to the dealership but wondered if anyone had any thoughts. Is anyone else having the same issue?? Could it be related to the cold weather??
  • jason147jason147 Member Posts: 1
    I slid my 2007 Mazda CX-9 into a curb with the rear drivers side tire. It bent the arm that the lower end of the shock mounts to. Any idea on what the part for that arm is?

Thank You!
  • davichodavicho Member Posts: 190
    Here you go this should hekp you...Suspension diagram
  • clemsonnutclemsonnut Member Posts: 1
    My evaporator drain line is clogged. Any input as to how to clear (including how to find the line) will be greatly appreciated.

You can hear the sound of water hitting the fan as you turn left.
  • siennafan98siennafan98 Member Posts: 1
    My local mechanic has just had two CX-9s in the past three months with oil gelling problems. Have others had this problem? He recommended synthetic oil changes every 4 months instead of 6 to protect the engine- a costly expense but better than losing an engine. We drive many short trips and fewer total miles than most, so use synthetic. (Oil gelling in our Sienna, and the cost of the recommended additive led our shift to using synthetic oil.)
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I recently went back to the dealer who sold us our 09 CX-9 to help my daughter buy a 11 CX-7. Dealer told us Mazda now specifies synthetic oil for all its SUVs. So, maybe that gelling issue is a trend and a problem worth addressing with the more expensive oil.
  • griff16griff16 Member Posts: 1
    I need new tires as well for our CX-9 (FWD). Live in Minnesota and the last 2 years have been terrible driving with our original factory tires (67,000 miles and going). We obviously have lasted longer than some of the other posts. My question is has anyone purchased Falken Ziek 912s? Lots of posts for Yoko Parade Specs. Just wondering if the Falkens are good tire for winter driving.
  • vjfirriolovjfirriolo Member Posts: 1
    we have a 2008 mazda cx9 , been smelling a gas inside the car, took to a mechanic yesterday , they lifted and saw a leak , they believe its coming from the housing? not sure how much this will cost our warranty was up at 60K we have 70K any suggestions.
  • oariasoarias Member Posts: 2
    Hi. Am trying unsuccesfully to buy online a replacement for the passenger tail light of my Mazda CX9 2010. Any suggestions of online retailers with a good supply of autoparts for the Mazda CX9?

thanks
    omar
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited August 2013
    I see six or eight brands of tail light assemblies at RockAuto.com for ~$100 to $200+. Some right, some left. With that many choices there must be other outfits selling similar items online.
  • oariasoarias Member Posts: 2
    Thanks so much, I did find it! Beleive it or not I had tried at least ten online auto part sites and most did not have the exact part, and a couple had priced it at US$600+!. I will always use them from now on, first. Thanks!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Check fatwallet.com for coupons. There's usually a 5% off one floating around for RockAuto.
  • pinhi23pinhi23 Member Posts: 1
    I have a cx-9 grand touring. Two questions. I have been hearing this kind of stretching noise coming from outside when I turn my wheels, it doesn't happen that often but when I'm doing a slow turn it sound like rubber stretching. It's not a boot or leak anywhere or the tires, not sure what it is. Under the car looks great. Question 2, I've started to notice in the morning it takes the car maybe an extra turn or two to turn over and start after it's been sitting all night. It's kept in a garage where it's about 60 degrees, so no issues with sitting outside. I think it might have something to do with the fuel pressure regulator. I think the battery, alternator, etc are fine. Last night, I went out after it sat for about 5 hrs and started it, and it started like normal. Then this morning I started it again, no problem and was very quick. However if I don't start it in the middle of the night, it takes the extra couple of turns to turn over. I don't think fuel pressure is staying in the line like it should after the car has sat for an extended period of time. I also have bumper to bumper warranty until 88k, and I’m approaching 85. I want to take it in and have the issues looked at and also a good inspection. Anything I should ask them to look for that can be replaced through warranty so I don't have to be out of pocket down the road.