Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
edited August 2014 in Aston Martin
What did you pay for your Aston Martin? Tell us about it!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• quattroquattro Member Posts: 105
    Hope this thread will have some healthy traffic.

The Aston is such a low volume car there is no useful publish information on what the real going price is. Hope this thread will provide some useful information.

I am thinking of getting a Vantage and wonder if anyone is getting one less that list price. The Vantage has been out for a couple of years and I know there is inventory at some if not all of the dealers.

Please share your thoughts. :)
    Forgot to thank kyfdx for creating this thread so promptly.

:D
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    You are welcome... I spotted a Vantage a couple of weeks ago on the freeway...

They are stunning!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• andrewjnandrewjn Member Posts: 14
    The fully kitted-out new Vantage is asking between $132,000 and $135,000 in L.A.

That's with satellite navigation, remote tire pressure sensors, 7-spoke 19" wheels, colored brake calipers, 700-watt Alpine stereo, paddle-shift, auto-dimming mirror with 3 garage door openers, power folding mirrors, monotone full leather trim, 2-way heated seats, parking proximity sensors, platinum silver interior fittings, power headlight wash, integrated bluetooth phone, cruise, Lojac, battery conditioner, and bright finish grille. And piano black fascia trim.

That comes to $10,270 of extras according to Forbes Auto and Edmunds, plus the paddle-shifting and the Lojac which they don't mention but which let's conservatively say adds four grand. So the basic car is asking $117,000.

The dealer where I found mine wouldn't budge on that price, as outfitted above. It was the showroom star, and there were two customers "bidding" on it, each unwilling to wait.

The stick-shift models, they were willing to deal on. I got the feeling, a four to six grand break? Demo models, they offered me a grand off for every 800 miles on them.

But idiot that I am I just had to have the car that I had to have. The thing is, after they've got you in an Aston showroom is no time to get reasonable. I mean, if you're being reasonable, what are you doing there?

They weren't hurting - my salesman sold another one 3 days later (to a guy who'd seen mine on the street), and guesses he moves 5 a month.

So... no big hopes for breaks on new ones. They'll drop once the '08s are out. If there are any left.
    Thanks for the info.

I'm going for the stick so I hope dealers here in San Francisco are wiling to deal.
    A grand off every 800 miles on demos does not seem that good a deal.

I'm also considering a used 07 but of the ones on Ebay all have prices very close to sticker. I'm expecting 10% to 15% off sticker for one with say 2k miles. Is this reasonable?
    I checked eBay April-June, and found no great deals. Remember, annual production is only 7,000, including the DB9 and the Vanquish. I expanded my search to DB7s too... but still, soon I was looking in Arizona and New Jersey. There just aren't many of them about. The UK gobbles a lot, as do the OPEC countries.

Why would someone with only 2,000 miles on his Aston want to sell it? Either it's a lemon, in which case you don't want it, it's a dealer demo (see previous post; not much discount) or you find someone who immediately over-extended himself and needs to transfer his payments to avoid defaulting. Even that person can probably do better on eBay than 15% off.

Earlier this year, some entrepreneurial folks somewhere in the midwest were ordering Vantages, then re-selling them at sticker-plus-5-percent. That's what you're dealing with.
  • rich644rich644 Member Posts: 12
    Test drove one laast week.

Salesman said if you have to special order one expect to pay full list price ($125 -$130k)

If you buy one from stock he indicated they could take $5K -$7K off of sticker. They had three '07s in stock and were expecting the '08s in a few weeks.
    Which area are you located?
    Anyone with experience with San Francisco area dealers?
  • gtbguygtbguy Member Posts: 6
    I was just at the dealer in Scottsdale and tried to trade in my Ferrari 355 for a '07 Vantage coupe with 4K miles. The dealer wanted $40,0000 (they were asking $116k for the car) and my car for thiers. I am not to familiar with the Aston Martin line so I decided to hold off a bit. I believe we probably could have worked it out to a $30,000 difference but I'l wait to get a little more educated on these cars. I've been a Ferrari guy for years and I'm just ready for a change. Any comments on this kind of car especially if you've had Ferraris before? I can really say I enjoyed driving the car, it was a hoot!
  • bottabotta Member Posts: 1
    I PURCHASED A 2007 COUPE (BRAND NEW) LAST NIGHT IT LISTED FOR $127,775.00 I OFFERED $114,000.00. I PURCHASED IT FOR$114,500 BUT HE HAD TO THROUGH IN A SET OF ASTON MARTIN FLOOR MATS. HE DID. I SIGNED THE PURCHASE ORDER HE FAXED TO ME. I HOPE THIS HELPS. KEEP IN MIND THIS IS AN 07 NOT 08. THE COLOR IS MERLOT WITH SANDSTOME AND IRON ORE INTERIOR. IT'S A BEAUTY!
  • jkwirelessjkwireless Member Posts: 3
    Does anybody know the current lease residual for an '08 manual Vantage Coupe? I'm trying to decide the best term to lease and also learn if there are different (higher) money rates charged in light of the fact that this is an Aston. Do dealers offer competitive (or above normal) rates for leasing (money cost)?

If anybody has experience in a recent lease, please share. Thanks!
    Congrats. Mind telling which area or dealer you got that deal from?
  • myfootnotesmyfootnotes Member Posts: 3
    I test drove an AM Vantage and fell in love with it. Have owned and driven several models Porsches, but this car screamed quality and luxury. Performance sounds like it's there, but it's only as fast as an Jaguar X K 8. No matter; still love the teutonic, but well executed purposeful interior with the feel of high end McIntosh audio equipment.

Has anyone leased the car with a creative contract for a short 24 or 30+ month closed end lease??????

I need to get it out of my system, but would hate to have to buy one outright!!! :blush:
    ASTON MARTIN OF WEST PALM BEACH IN SO. FLORIDA HAD VERY ATTRACTIVE PRICING ON LEFT OVER '07'S. BUT A-M CLAIMS MOST OWNERS OF THEIR CARS KEEP 'EM FOR EVER. IF THAT WERE SO HOW COME SO MANY ARE CREEPING UP IN THE PRE OWNED MARKET?
    AND THEIR USED CAR INVENTORY WAS SMALLER THAN THEIR LEFT OVER LAST MODEL YEAR CARS IN THE GARAGE. WHAT GIVES? :confuse:
    Last year Aston Martin had a drive event on a nice dealership in West Palm Beach South Florida. The marketing was successful, and the personnel were very helpful.

The negotiations were very low key and low pressure. The price for a left over '06 was around 110,000 An '07 was fetching $114,900 for the coupe; $130,000 for the cabrio.

No lease opportunity.

Has anyone had a chance to negotiate a short term closed end lease with no balloon payment???
  • kansashickkansashick Member Posts: 39
    I got my V8 in July 2006 and paid full sticker; at that time there were some resales at above sticker. It seems that right now, cars like mine (4000 miles, all options) are going for about $90k, about 25% less than original cost.

Last year, my dealer offered me a new roadster at $10k off MSRP. He indicated that the cars were moving slowly and that Aston had allowed them to rebate the advertising allowance.

Of course, I live in the midwest and exotics are uncommon around here. This may be the reason for the prices.

I have a new Lexus LF-A on order and will keep the AM until it arrives; if ever, I have been waiting for six months for word on when it will go on sale.
    The sales person I have been working informed me there might be a factory sponsored lease available soon. No details yet.
  • vrr1vrr1 Member Posts: 1
    has anyone purchased a vantage via ebay? there are quite a few offered at fairly cheap prices, but I've been warned (by dealers, so taken with a grain of salt) that most of the cheap cars on ebay, autotrader, etc are lemons that have been returned under a "3strike" rule where the dealers have to take them back after 3 defects are found... they then turn around to third party dealers (like "straight line auto" in dallas) who then try to sell them as fast as possible... does anyone know anything about this? thanks
  • kansashickkansashick Member Posts: 39
    I got bored with my coupe and my LF-A won't be here for at least a year, maybe two, so I just traded my '06 with all options in for an '07 roadster also with all the options. I got $90k for my car (4400 miles) and paid $129k for the new car ($145k MSRP). The color of the new car is not ideal, triple black.

The comment about lemons on ebay is not true, some of the sellers are AM dealers. In any case, the reason for the glut of 2007 Astons in dealers is that the factory unloaded the inventory before the change in ownership on January 1. Because of the glut, Aston has cancelled all dealer stock builds for the first quarter. Dealers are choking in cars and now is a very good time to buy. You can get a new Aston (07) for the price that used ones are being offered on ebay.

BTW, used Astons in dealer stock are very rare. Most owners are keeping their cars and, it appears, those that are not are also not very realistic regarding resale prices.
  • 200mph200mph Member Posts: 3
    As for used cars: manufacturer "buyback" cars must have their title branded as such in most states, and will show up in a Carfax check. Many Aston dealers advertise their cars on ebay, autotrader, cars.com etc.
    Most Aston dealers I have visited recently (CT, NY, MD, CA, NC, FL) are overstocked with new '07's and '08's built prior to closing the sale of AM from Ford to Prodrive/etc. I've seen '07 coupes with some miles (exec use or demos) as low as $98k, and dealers are diiscounting new cars as well. The most interesting color schemes were found in CT and CA. Its a great time to buy... I got a very good deal in So Cal on an '08 roadster. :D
  • steel23steel23 Member Posts: 11
    I'm thinking I detect a recession!
    Thought no one is allowed to use the R word :)

Speaking of excess inventory. Aston has come up with a factory lease program for 07 Vantage. The car I am getting a quote on MSRP at about 125k.
    Lease deal is as follows:

36mth lease
    1900 security deposit, 695 acquistion fee
    1900/month
    7500 miles per year
    residual 53000

I wish the residual is higher and the monthly payment lower. But considering it's an Aston it's not too bad at all. Equivalent to a approx 3.3% money rate. Better than a home equity loan plus you get the option to walk away (or not) after three years.
    Where the economy stands it's nice to leave the cash in the bank.

I was going to buy one outright. Good thing I waited.
    Hope to pick mine up next weekend. :blush:
    Are those numbers right? If so, and assuming you get your security dep back, that's a $125,000 car, paid over 3 years, for only $122,095. Or would the probable final negotiated price be only $114k, therewith the dealer's profit?
    That's what I was told.
    Will confirm once I look at the numbers on paper next week.
    I confirmed the numbers I posted regarding the lease as I justed picked up my Vantage yesterday. :)

Here are the numbers again.

MSRP 126010

0 down
    1900 refundable security deposit
    695 acquisition fee
    1899/month for 36 month
    7500 miles per year

residual 53000

Equivalent money rate is 3.3%

I think the lease program is great deal. The lease program only applies to 07 vehicles. Don't think it is available for 08.
  • sglsamsglsam Member Posts: 1
    THe coupes are heavily over stocked everywhere, loads of 07 and lots of 08s big factory incentives and used ones with lo mi. available in the 90's already.Also lots of highly expereinced multi exotic owners who sold theirs quickly, finding it too small and missing the low end torque of the older big V8s and the DB7 and 9s 12 cylinder. A DB 7 Vantage is so much more car for half the price in every way. Get 420-450 hp 12 cyl. loads of wheels spin tourque, more rarity for between 60-70K with lo miles on an 03 ( last year)
  • danbbdanbb Member Posts: 1
    Please give me the name of the dealership in Southern California where you got a good deal. Thanks.
  • wantonwanton Member Posts: 3
    Is the company that bought Aston Martin offering leases, either with or without a balloon payment. I would like to lease one through my company, and would prefer not to buy. Who finances these? Recent prices paid? Anyone know the invoice percentage markup from the factory?

Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.