Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota 4Runner Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning

tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
Let's discuss these issues here!

tidester, host
SUVs and Smart Shopper

Comments

• aiwabraiwabr Member Posts: 1
    2007 Toyota 4 Runner

Air Recirculation issue...

While the recirculation button is on...still getting exhaust smells and whatever else is on the outside.

Took it to the dealer...they did a demonstration by turning on the A/C with recirculation button off...then turning it on. A change is heard...but this does not explain why I still strongly smell outside air while recirculation button is on.
  • jdickmannjdickmann Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 4Runner with the A/C light blinking. Is there any way to troubleshoot this problem myself, or do I have to go to a dealer?

the AC seems to work fine (cool air comes out), but then the light blinks and cool air dies.

thanks,
    john
  • nedzelnedzel Member Posts: 787
    I had the same problem with my 2003 4Runner. There was a TSB, but unfortunately my problem happened after the warranty so they did not cover it. TSB was EL011-015. The parts they replaced are listed as:

3672 CP
    90987-02028 Relay

I don't know if your truck is having the same problem or how to diagnose it -- I described the symptoms and the dealer took care of it. The good news is that the fix was cheap (under $150).
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    nedzel just pointed out what I would have suggested - something electrical! :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • mgb15mgb15 Member Posts: 1
    I get cold outside air coming in on the passanger side closest to the door even with the heat on and blowing out the other vents. Would like to see and understand how the ventialtion system works so as to troubleshoot - any suggestions

Thanks, Mike
  • tabasco45tabasco45 Member Posts: 1
    My air con blows cold air from the passenger side vents and not the drivers side. The drivers side just blows air, sometimes cold but only for about 20 to 30 seconds.
  • wood1973wood1973 Member Posts: 1
    This problem just started for me yesterday. I have a 2005 4Runner. The air will blow on the passenger side and the back seat vent but not the driver side. I would also like to know how to fix this.
  • dmk7dmk7 Member Posts: 1
    My 2004 4runner only blows ambient air on the drivers side whether it is in a/c or heater mode. The proper temp air blows on the passenger and rear passenger areas. Apparently the damper is not working. Do you know how to fix this problem?
  • johno90johno90 Member Posts: 1
    This started for me this morning. What did you ever do to fix this?
  • gneal1gneal1 Member Posts: 1
    This started two days ago, how did you fix it