Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura MDX Safest SUV?

suvbuyer2suvbuyer2 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Acura
I travel up and down the highway in NJ with my 2 kids and sometimes their friends. What is the safest suv w/3 rows and decent gas mileage?
Please help.. the brakes went on my sequoia and I need to lease asap. So far I've looked at MDX, MB GL450, and Toyota Highlander.

Comments

• british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    The LR3 of course.

Its called the Discovery 3 in Europe

There are videos on that site too.

Seriously though any of the cars you are looking at are plenty safe. The GL450 is the largest and is a unibody as well which is doubley good. I haven't been in back of the new Highlander but I am going to assume it has about the same amount of room in the third row as the new MDX.

The GL450 has more room in the third row then either the MDX or the Highlander most likely but the LR3 has more room then all of them.
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    I'm not a GM fan but the new Acadia w/ FWD may have the best gas milage of the large suv's. My '07 MDX is getting 16 city/22.5 hwy.
    That is a good point. If you don't need AWD, and lets face it most people don't, then the Acadia is a good option. Even with AWD the gas mileage is pretty good and it is not a bad looking SUV.

I haven't seen the third row though so can't comment on that. It is a unibody again which helps out with safety much more then a BOF SUV.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You may also want to visit IIHS Picks Safest Vehicles.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • suvbuyer2suvbuyer2 Member Posts: 3
    I came across a BMW X5 3.0 with 13,000 miles on it at a dealership. Invoice plus options comes to $54,000. How do I factor in the 13,000 miles on it...what is a fair price to pay?
    This is a tough one!

BMW X5 3.0
    cold weather
    premium package
    running boards
    3rd row
    rear climate
    navi
    satellite
    comfort access
    dvd entertainment

Thank you!
    The third row in the X5 is by far the worst in its class. I wouldn't even consider it.
This discussion has been closed.