Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Azera Air Bags/Control Module

jty60jty60 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Hyundai
I recently purchased an Azera that was wrecked. I am in the process of rebuilding it. It was hit on the left side. Of the eight air bags in the car, three are blown. The left curtain bag, the left front seat bag, and the left rear seat bag. I have found replacement bags, however, I am confused about which air bag control module or modules need to be replaced. According to the parts book, there are two different modules. Does anyone know if it will require replacing both of these control modules? Also, does anyone know where the two modules are located in the car. I think one is under the center console, but I'm not sure. I'm not sure at all about the other one. I would appreciate any help that anyone may can give me. Thanks.

Comments

• gamlegedgamleged Member Posts: 442
    According to the factory manual CD ROM I bought on EBAY a while back, the two front impact sensors are located up front in the engine compartment, and the passenger side impact sensors are located in the body down under the "opera window" and in the base of the B-pillar to the right of the the passenger seat, next to the seat belt pretensioner.

By the way, I note that there's a CD ROM currently shown for sale on eBay, search for:

2006 Hyundai Azera OEM Workshop Service Manual CD
  • floridabob1floridabob1 Member Posts: 1,190
    RE: 2
    Do you find the CD manual to accurate and informative?
    Does it provide part numbers?
    Does it cover electrical, mechanical and body?
  • gamlegedgamleged Member Posts: 442
    I'm not a machanic, I bought the CD ROM just for general information (and it was only about $25 with the postage), but there are over 1000 pages of drawings and specs, broken into two sections, "workshop manual" and "electrical troubleshooting manual." Didn't see the part numbers referenced, that I could tell...
This discussion has been closed.