Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buying Luxury used cars

15678911»

Comments

• hpmctorquehpmctorque Member Posts: 4,600
    I've read that the new Impala won't offer a bench.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Not even in cop cars?
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,140
    I don't know if the upcoming Impala is intended for police use - there's a better model for that now.
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Member Posts: 4,600
    I don't know about cop cars, spcifically, but the information I read said no bench will be offered on the new Impala.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you have had a wonderful experience using Edmunds.com's Used Car Inventory, and you recommend Edmunds.com to your family and/or friends, our media relations manager would like to talk to you. Please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com.
  • andre1969andre1969 Member Posts: 25,681
    edited February 2013
    Even police cars these days use bucket seats. However, often they do strip out the center console, and put the shifter on the column.

Even the Crown Vic police package could be had with buckets. Flat and poorly contoured, and probably pushing the limits of the definition of "bucket seat". But definitely NOT a bench!

I think with a lot of these cars, they just take the smaller portion of what used to be a 60/40 or 55/45 split bench seat, and give you one 40 or 45 section for the driver, one for the passenger.