Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Tires and Wheels

soluvedsoluved Member Posts: 7
Hi,

I have an 06 A4 2.0T Quattro with Stock tires ( Dunlop Z SportsMaxx I believe) and Im looking for new tires. I want some that would be a little more quieter than the Dunlops. Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• hauschildhauschild Member Posts: 62
    Guys,

My friend just got rid of his old A6, but still has winter wheels with snow tires. I'd like to purchase the set, but not sure if they'll fit on my 2005.5 A4 2.0 - or whether the new wheels will interfere with the TPMS - or whether TPMS is even that big a deal.

My A4 has 17 inch wheels, but these are 16 inch. Does anybody see a problem here? The wheels and tires have only one winter on them, so it's a helluva deal.

Here is an image of the wheel ..

http://thumbs.automart.com/imgs/ag/automart/cst/337/724/3/831/415/85/feed/thumb/- 10420031530011000.jpg
  • hauschildhauschild Member Posts: 62
    Guys,

Found out to look on the driver's side inside door to find the wheels that will fit my car. As luck would have it, the 16 inch A6 wheels have P215 55 R16 tires mounted on them- or in layman's terms - an exact match for the 16 inch wheel option on my A4.
  • patyojonpatyojon Member Posts: 12
    I have an 2007 Audi A4 2.0T leased through US Bank. I have about 20,000 miles on my car and the tires are extremely worn down, so I am looking for tires to replace them. Does anyone have any experience with Audi/USBANK on tire replacements? Do they have to be the same exact tires that the car came with or just tires that are the same size and speed (ex. 235/40ZR18 95Y)? I am turning the car in in about a year so I need something the leasing company will approve.
  • jc112jc112 Member Posts: 6
    Ive done some good business with these guys...
  • mickey3477mickey3477 Member Posts: 1
    Patyojon - :confuse: did you ever retrun the car with the new tires. I'm in the same boat with my 2007 A4 due back in Sept. with worn tires with 28,000 miles?

thanks Mike
  • stephonomonstephonomon Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I'm looking for a good place to buy replacement OEM wheels for my 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro. I've looked at places online, but I'm unsure about their reputation. I'd prefer not to buy from the dealer because I think they are too expensive. If any of you have experience buying them from places on line, please let me know.
  • cdconwaycdconway Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone recommend a brand of wheels for use in the winter? I cannot find much out about the differences in brand.
  • jmi1044jmi1044 Member Posts: 1
    Looks like we are in the same boat...same model, different original tires. I just did a search on TireRack.com and read a bunch of reviews. I need a good snow tire (Minnesota) but would love to retain some good summer driving characteristics if possible. The Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S got the best overall, and best consistent reviews in terms of handling in all seaons and quietness and smoothness of ride. Expensive tire, at $138 each, but then I suppose you often get what you pay for. Audi dealer gave me a quote of $761 installed (ouch). Have not checked yet to see if someone like Tires Plus or Discount Tires would be less.
  • montrotamontrota Member Posts: 7
    Had a 2003 A4 Quattro and it handled great in the snow. My 2009 has slid more this winter than the 2003 slid in 6 yrs. The 2003 had all season Pirellis and the new car has all season Goodyear tires. Is anyone else experiencing issues? Thoughts?
  • amkmeco90amkmeco90 Member Posts: 17
    hey guys. i've A4 quattro 3.0L 2002 and i recently got a set of 4 continental tires DWS. i had ballancing and alignment done but i feel a little shakeness on the highway (a very little). my old ones were also continental but contipro. they were running smooth to the extent that if i didn't pay attention i can find myself driving over 80miles/hr. so anyone has any idea about this little shakeness or it's just the new tires and it will take time. thanks.
  • coreycink15coreycink15 Member Posts: 2
    I got a flat tire tonight. I cannot get the damned thing off. I got it jacked up and off the ground, and all five lug nuts off and it would not bug, it was so tight it felt like it is welded on. I called my dad as i wasnt somewhere with a computer and he found something on youtube that said to use the black plastic peg from the tool kit and insert it in place of a lug nut and than slide the tire off. I tried this and still found the tire to be snug as can be. Has anyone one experienced the same problem or have any idea how to get it off? it is a rear tire on an '02 a4 quattro. I got the black peg very far in there and couldnt see any difference between any of the holes for the lugs or any label that shows the peg needing to be placed in a certain hole. oh yeah and my glove box mechanism is broke so my manual is stuck in the glove box. PLEASE HELP!
  • capriracercapriracer Member Posts: 907
    It's likely that the alloy wheel has corroded onto the steel hub - a common occurance with this combination. A common trick is to loosen the lug nuts (or, in this case, lug bolts) a turn from tight and drive back and forth until it breaks loose.

The problem using this technique on a flat tire is that it is likely the tire will be damaged to the point where it is unrepairable. It's also possible that the wheel will be damaged if the rim touches the pavement. You need to be careful using this technique.

Alternatively, you could soak the bolt area with a penetrating oil. My favorite is PB Blaster. The problem with this technique is that if the oil gets on the brake surfaces (kind of hard to avoid), the oil will have to be cleaned off. - and if the oil gets on the brake pads, they will have to be replaced!

BTW, the plastic pin is supposed to help line up the bolt holes which isn't going to help get the wheel off.
  • kathy70kathy70 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there,

I am searching for tires for my 2007 A4 3.2 awd. I live in California (no weather to speak of), but in case I'm out in the rain, something that would handle well would be perfect. Noise and handling are at the top of my wish list. There's so many choices and they all claim to be the best. Any suggestions from other Audi lovers?

Thx
  • hauschild1hauschild1 Member Posts: 8
  • hauschild1hauschild1 Member Posts: 8
    Guys,

Just had Continental ExtremeContact DSW's put on by local Audi dealer. However, I checked the tire pressure after about a day (cold) and both rear's were set at 36 front driver's at 40 and front passenger at 39.

My question is what is the "optimal" tire pressure A4 Quattro, 235x45x17? I don't really care about handling or ride, I care about wear. I had Bridgestone Potenza's on my last, and they lasted only around 30k, and the inner/outter edges were worn down, while the center was fine, assuming from under-inflated tires.

I live on the coast of North Carolina, temps currently in the 80's.

I am looking for the pressure that gets me the best wear of these tires. Also, would there be a logical reason why the front would be set "higher"?
  • capriracercapriracer Member Posts: 907
    On every vehicle sold in the US - and I understand this is a worldwide practice as well - there is a sticker – commonly called the vehicle tire placard - that lists the original tire size and the proper pressure for that size. The placard is usually located on a doorpost or in the glove box – but sometimes it is located in the trunk or on the fuel filler door.

BTW, it doesn't matter who makes the tire or what pressure is listed on the tire's sidewall, if the tire size is the same as the placard, then the pressure listed on placard is also appropriate.

If you follow the vehicle tire placard, then the pressure will be good for the weight of the vehicle.

HOWEVER, some vehicles have alignment settings that aren't good for tire wear. For example, many cars specify high camber values which tends to cause inner tire wear. So using the pressure listed on the vehicle tire placard doesn't guarrantee good tire wear - the vehicle alignment has a contribution.
  • ac91legac91leg Member Posts: 1
    How do you like you tires? I am thinking about getting some Saturday, I have only found them at Pepboys for about a grand with alignment.