Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Pathfinder Noises and Sounds

13»

Comments

• phenom5755phenom5755 Member Posts: 1
    when im driving as i hit a small bump or pothole nyc a squeeking noise happens if im turning and hit it or striaght also happen when i slam the door make the same noise thinking of changing the struts and shocks but dont wont to waste the money if i dont need to
  • ddllmcbddllmcb Member Posts: 4
    I have a similar noise and it is caused by the spare tire. The spare tire is bolted into a well which is underneath the vehicle and directly below the cargo area. It is common for the tire or associated hardware to squeek. If you can get your vehicle up on a lift, you can try tightening and/or spraying with WD40. Best of luck!
  • malam69malam69 Member Posts: 1
    Hello all:
    I have a 2005 nissan pathfinder LE. Today i went to change tires and while inspecting, the mechanic found both engine mounts are cracked. They are saying to replace it and it will cost about $900 to change both engine mounts. Now, I am not sure what engine mount is and what it does. Does is cost that much to replace it? Do i really have to replace it? I dont have any issues with the car. Sometimes I hear some cranking noise coming from underneath while getting out of the car. Not sure if it has to do with engine mount or not. Anyway, any info on engine mount will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  • dlavitadlavita Member Posts: 3
    Hi

Did you ever get an answer to this problem. I am having it with my 2010 at 85,000 miles. Between 35-55 when i accelerate. Dave
  • dlavitadlavita Member Posts: 3
    did you have the mounts changed, and yes it could cost up to $900 for both. They need to raise the engine.
  • nissan07pathnissan07path Member Posts: 10
    On top of the transmission/radiator issue....Has anyone also experienced their pathfinder NOT STARTING/CRANKING. I brought it to the nissan dealership and they could not determine anything and assumed it was the ecu being burned out, i also looked online and they said it was a matter with the valve body having a short circuit. Does anyone who has experienced this problem know the real solution/problem?
  • potatoheadpotatohead Member Posts: 2
    I have a 1999 Nissan Pathfinder with 96,000 miles. There are noises coming from the rear suspension. It sounds as if it it bottoming out sometimes when crossing railroad tracks or hitting potholes or expansion joints. It has been doing this for at least a couple of years. I got new shocks and it seemed to quiet down just for a couple of months and then came back. Saturday a new noise started. When backing out of the driveway where the driveway meets the street there is a thump thump sound. this just started Saturday. The repair shop seems unable to tell me what it is. Does anyone have any clues? :confuse:
  • potatoheadpotatohead Member Posts: 2
    The only time mine has failed to start it was either the ignition switch or the battery.
  • dekiddekid Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem and mechanic also couldn't figure it out. Always felt it had something to do with spare tire underneath the cargo area.
  • newronewro Member Posts: 21
    I have 2010 Pathfinder. Have a metallic noise upon acceleration, almost chain like. Only on hard acceleration, up hill etc. Have had it to the dealer twice, they have kept the car for a couple of days and of course cannot hear it. You would have to be stone deaf not to. Took the chief mechanic out, heard the noise, he did not. Thought it was a timing chain./tensioner issue, he says no. I have an extended warrenty so this would be on them. Anyone have this experience? Thanks
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Any chance you are hearing "pinging"? I dont' know the extent of your automotive knowledge, so if you need more explanation of that, let us know.