Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Santa Fe 2007+

Comments

• retiredpilotretiredpilot Member Posts: 16
    re: 1801 I wish it were so simple then every Cdn, like myself, would be running south of the border to buy our vehicles. Unfortunately, most manufactures have an agreement with their dealers that they will not honour (sorry about the spelling but that is the way we do it in Canada) the warranty for a Cdn that purchased the car in the U.S. This also works the other way (suprisingly for example a Mercedes is usually cheaper in Canada than in the U.S.). In other words, they (the manufactures and dealers) have you by the what's its. I have been ranting against this price difference between cars being sold in the U.S. and Canada for quite some time but you can well imagine the success I have had in even getting the manufactures to explain why the price difference. I can't figure out why the Fair Trade people haven't gotten after them because, as you know, many models are made in Canada, shipped to the U.S., then sold for less in the U.S. than their selling price in Canada, even taking into consideration the difference in the value of our respective currencies. To me, that is known as dumping and that is against the trade rules. If any Hyundai person is reading this, perhaps they would like to respond.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    NAFTA was supposed to fix all that but the car lobby is pretty strong.

More here:

Importing Car into Canada from US

Importing Canadian Vehicles to the U.S.
  • guyfguyf Member Posts: 456
    Hundreds of Canadians are doing it. Specially on Subaru's where the CDN price is so much higher than the US one. Check the forum on importing and lots of posts on Canadiandriver.com. My Volvo service manager confirmed that they would honour the warranty on a US imported vehicle. Last summer I could have saved $18K on a XC70 even after all the taxes (yes, including the 6% tax on cars built outside of North America) 2 reasons: the MSRP is lower in the States and the competition level between dealers is much higher. I don't know what Mercedes model you refer to but none are cheaper in Canada than in the States. For example a ML 320 MSRP is $58,300 CDN in Canada but $43,455. US in the States. At the current rate of 1.18 that equates to $51,276 CDN; so it is $7,000. cheaper south of the border!!!

You do have to do your homework before importing to make sure that there are no major modifications to do on the cars and that the warranty will be honored. But for $18K less, maybe you want to take your chances with the warranty.

I even start seeing ads in the the newspaper for outfits that will import the car for you for a fee.

BTW the 6% fee does not apply to the Santa Fe as it is built in Alabama.

Please do your research before posting ;)
  • phatboycphatboyc Member Posts: 23
    Driving Television (a Canadian show on Global) will be airing an episode this weekend about importing new vehicles to Canada. For any one interested.

Driving Television
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    New York Times:

A Korean Crossover Gets Its Green Card

GROWTH SPURT Redesigned for Americans, the Santa Fe is larger and Alabama-built.
    By BOB KNOLL
    Published: February 4, 2007

BY now, everyone knows that South Korean automakers have come a long way since their first halting attempts to sell tinny econoboxes to Americans. The distance Hyundai has traveled is no longer figurative; it can be measured in miles.

The new-from-the-ground-up 2007 Santa Fe, for instance, wears the logo of the Seoul-based company, but it is as Korean-American as kimchee at a suburban A.& P. This larger, more substantial, car-based S.U.V. — a crossover, in the parlance — was developed specifically for American tastes. It was designed at the new Hyundai Design Center in Irvine, Calif., and rolls off a new assembly line in Montgomery, Ala.

Read the rest of the article here: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/04/automobiles/autosreviews/04AUTO.html&cid=11132- - 93864
  • jtajta Member Posts: 17
    Well after substantial research and test drives, we (my wife and I) put down a deposit on a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited with Touring & Ultimate package. Now for the questions.....

I wanted a Black Santa Fe with Black Leather interior. The dealer first tried to tell me they haven't made any in this combination ???? How can this be?? The combination is listed in the brochure. They tried to tell me they won't be making this combination till April at the earliest. :confuse:

They also tried to tell me that they maybe had some on the west coast because they are coming in from Korea ?? It is my understanding that the 2007 North American Santa Fe is made in Alabama ?? :confuse:

They did show me their search results for a 2007 Black/Black with T+U with XM radio, and it did show NO RESULTS. :cry:

So, we worked out a deal, $27,900.00 OTD with my trade worth $2600.00. I put down $500.00 and they have to find one. I'm in no hurry, so I'm willing to wait for what I want. But I believe they just wanted me to buy what they had, and started the BS machine.

I hate car dealers. Most (not all) are scum bottom feeders. I have found on numerous occasions, I knew more about their products and industry than they did. I prefer to deal with educated, no bull people. Treat me right, and don't try and BS me. When the BS machine starts, they get very aggravated when I prove them wrong. ;)
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Most (not all) are scum bottom feeders. I have found on numerous occasions ...

I think we should avoid making such generalizations based on limited data.

tidester, host
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    1. Santa Fe is made at the Alabama plant

2. Black on black is available. Perhaps your dealer still does not have the allocation, which is weird. My suggestion would be to ask your dealer (since you already have the deposit down) to find one from another dealer nearby.
  • ppborcebppborceb Member Posts: 61
    You know what you want and you're willing to wait... that is exactly what I did and my dealership kept looking since December for my 2007 Santa Fe Limited AWD in Dark Cherry Red/Beige interior equipped with only the standard equipment(no options!). I gave them a deposit, sat back and they did all the work, and now we are very satisfied with our new purchase.
    By the way, you can 'order' what you want, but must wait for them to run a batch of the Black Limited beauties... just sit back and wait... it will come... eventually... good luck!
  • petenjpetenj Member Posts: 1
    Hello Everyone,

I have had a 2007 Santa Fe Limited AWD for less than 2 weeks. I love the vehicle and up until today everything was fine. I just noticed a few hours ago that the outside temperature displays as 68 degrees when it is approximately 11 degrees here in New Jersey at the moment. I plan to call Hyundai Customer Service about the issue to inquire about it, but thought some of you might have a quick answer since I could not find anything in the manuals. Does any of you know what might cause this or how I may quickly fix it? I know the car is brand new and under warranty, so I am not worried, it is more of an annoyance than anything else.

Thanks,
    Pete
  • jimsistjimsist Member Posts: 62
    how much is the dealer hold back on the santa fe also how much is the gas cost the factory charges for the gas they put in the car and last how much goes to the penson plain. when i go to the dealer i want to be ready. i have a 2005 now .the dealer that i bought it from was one of the worst dealers at that time. we didnt know that at that time.i have found out that the dealers are not traing there staff on the new cars.they are saying one thing sale sale sale. some even dont know that there is a outside temp reading on the dash. thanks jim :confuse:
  • doublehdoubleh Member Posts: 21
    use the search feature. this has been covered extensively.
    Limited data? His comments are based on his personal experiences. He did say "most not all" and "numerous occasions".

I think his remarks are fair. My experiences are also in the same category.
  • pelican19pelican19 Member Posts: 323
    I agree but he used the term "bottom feeder". In the past I would have described them in the same way but as many veterans of this site will tell you thats a no no. "Political Correctness" and civility are the norm here. Choose your words wisely or you WILL be spoken to. I have found this site to be an extremely import source of information and being civil was a small price to pay...JMO
    This issue has been documented by Hyundai Service and they have a fix for it. I have seen the TSB on it it, not a big deal. Just let the dealer know about it and they will have you come in to have it fixed. IMO it is a big deal since it causes havok with the AUTO feature for climate control. If I find the TSB I will e-mail it to you for your reading pleasure. Or not since your e-mail is private. I will post the TSB number and a short descrp.
    Technical Service
    Bulletin
    Group
    ENGINE MECHANICAL
    Number
    06-20-003
    Subject
    INACCURATE AMBIENT TEMPERATURE SENSOR
    Date
    NOVEMBER, 2006
    Model
    2007 SANTA FE (CM)
    CIRCULATE TO: [ ] GENERAL MANAGER [X] PARTS MANAGER [X] TECHNICIAN
    [X] SERVICE ADVISOR [X] SERVICE MANAGER [X] WARRANTY MGR [ ] SALES MANAGER
    DESCRIPTION:
    Some Santa Fe (CM) vehicles equipped with either the manual HVAC and optional trip
    computer or the Fully Automatic Temperature Control may display an incorrect outside
    temperature. On the FATC system, the air conditioning control module [A] may display
    140 F constantly. On the manual HVAC system with the optional trip computer, the trip
    computer display may read 68 F initially but disappear when the functions are cycled
    through. In either case, the correction procedure is the same.
    Air conditioning control module Trip computer
    VEHICLES AFFECTED:
    Model: SANTA FE
    I have two friends in New York who also have the same model I have. We are all having similar issues with the cold.

Heated seat buttons stick below 30 degrees F.
    Radio display gets all wigged out.
    Air Quality monitoring button sticks below 30 degrees F.
    Washer fluid lines freeze.

All 3 Santa's purchased at different locations throughout NYC. We are willing to give a pass to the washer fluid issue since we think the dealers just used a poor quality or watered down batch of washer fluid during re-fill on initial service.

Current fix for the buttons and radio display : LET IT WARM UP. ;)
  • greatsunjestergreatsunjester Member Posts: 2
    While I was pricing out a Santa Fe on CarsDirect.com I noticed something no other dealer or description has pointed out (even Hyundai's own site does not have this).

Option group 34 (premium+touring) includes Trailer Prep Package .• Transmission Cooler .• Upgraded Radiator & Fans

Does it really have these included or is CarsDirect wrong?
  • kontentkontent Member Posts: 12
    This is my first post, but I have been reading for well over a year. I belong to other forums (non car related) and post there all of the time, just never needed to post here until now.

Anyway, I originally wanted a new Pathfinder, but it was too costly. For the past year I have been sold on the Santa Fe. I will be trading my '03 Jeep Liberty in next month, most likely for a new Santa Fe. I will never buy a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicle again. Nothing but problems! Wanted to go Asian this time.

I have cut out all of the competition for varying reasons, CX-7 (4 cylinder, poor towing, don't like the look, more car like), Suzuki XL-7 (really long, window button in the middle [have this in my Liberty, HATE it], although Japanese still made by GM), Toyota RAV4 (ugly IMO, darn tire on the back, opens the wrong way, would like the engine), Sorento (no independent suspension, nice engine but bad gas mileage, no updates), X-Trail (nice sun roof, only 4 cylinder, poor power), Honda CRV (ugly IMO, 4 cylinder, poor power), X-Terra (love the look and engine, no leather, no luxury).

Warranty is a big factor, so I narrowed it down to the Santa Fe and the Mitsubishi Outlander. The Outlander is out in Canada this month, so I will test drive it. Also, I will be going to the Toronto Auto Show to see everything. I'm leaning towards the Santa Fe, but I can't rule out the Outlander.

Outlander has Navigation, great stereo, bluetooth and I like the look. I lacks driver lumbar support, dual climate control, only black leather (hot in the summer), passenger power seat, poor vanity mirrors, nice 3rd row seat, no telescopic steering wheel, no memory seat, loud wind noise on highway (really annoys me in my Jeep), clunk in engine?

Sante Fe lacks Navigation (can definitely live without) and powerful stereo (really want), poor entry illumination, slow off the line engine, no memory seat.

As you can see, I've pretty much made my mind up, but I'd appreciate some extra insight, for or against what I've said. Anything I missed? I will test drive the new Outlander and look at everything thoroughly at the CIAS. Sorry for the "novel" on my first post.
    Its real simple. Do you want Luxury or sport? Mitsu = Sport, Santa = Lux. Also, I may be bias since I own the 07 3.3 AWD Limited but my truck is pretty quick off the line and around town for a 4klbs + SUV. My Pontiac has 300+hp. Thats quick. I keep reading posts that say the Santa is slow. IMO not for such a heavy 3.3 with only 242hp. I think expectations are too high. The Outlander is awesome from a sport perspective. The santa is ok in that area but it was meant to be an attempt at lux + very safe and nimble when you want to go off the beaten path. The only thing I am planning on adding to the Santa is HID's, NAV and some real tires that grip better. The OEM version tires are not well suited for off road mud and snow. Good luck on your final desc.
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    NAFTA was supposed to fix all that but the car lobby is pretty strong.

Is it the car lobby, or the UAW and the CAW?
    Er, all of the above? ;)

I mostly get disgruntled about the local car lobby (state level), since the watered down consumer protection and lemon laws here would affect me the most on a personal level. The Idaho car dealers association has a real nice building here in Boise. :P

NAFTA seems to have opened the doors to the manufacturers and suppliers but if you import a CA or MX car to the US, you may have warranty problems. Makes you go hmmm.
  • bj02176bj02176 Member Posts: 115
    If you have a Jeep Liberty you'll be very happy with the Santa fe, even the 2.7, with the automatic. I had the first year Jeep Liberty without abs, a real pig, bad handling, bad gas mileage, vibration at 70 miles per hour, they couldn't fix it. It was my 3rd Chrysler product, never again. I felt like I would slide off the road at 60, at 80 the Santa Fe is very stable

The Santa Fe handles very nicely, brakes are good, fit and finish very good. If you can afford it and drive on the highway a lot go with the bigger engine, the rated gas mileage is about the same.

One thing I might note, I have been using 89 and 91 octane and seem to be getting better acceleration with the 2.7 auto, could be my imagination though. Gas mileage is about the same though with regular or premium, not that great, but not as bad as a Jeep Libery overall.

The stereo is not the greatest, but okay for someone who doesn't care about those things, could use a power seat though.
  • lulu585lulu585 Member Posts: 23
    I'm here in the Southwest and purchased a black on black Premium w/touring (they call it charcoal) back in November. I was leary of black because of the obvious (dirt dirt and more dirt)and though we spend some time at the car wash, the black is hot!!!! I love it. The charcoal interior shows dust but it doesn't show stains like beige (I have 2 little ones). For some reason the charcoal leather IMO looks really good and the stitching is great. I guess some people have had complaints about the leather looking cheap--must be the beige because the black looks really good.

Love the Santa Fe!!!! No buyers remorse whatsoever!
  • lulu585lulu585 Member Posts: 23
    Yes it does!
    The Santa Fe doesn't have a passenger power seat either. But its definitely not slow of the line if you compare it to anything but the Rav4 V6.
    Well for me only the left heated seat button is sticking below 14F. The right one hasn't stuck once even at -15F! I was thinking of spraying some WD40 or liquid wrench while the vehicle is off. Letting it dry overnight before testing it.
  • piastpiast Member Posts: 269
    Santa Fe and Outlander are on my short list too. I'm not sure about packages for Canadian market, but XLS in US is very well equipped (black and beige heated leather, dual climate control, Navigation, Xenon headlights, keyless entry and ignition, etc). Wind noise is reported by few owners, not used to taller, boxier SUV air drag. BTW check comparison in March MT. They said just that about Santa FE, more wind and road noise than competition. The clunk in the suspension is more documented and fixed with its first service bulletin. Both cars are new models, so give them a year. Outlander has better price and value, performance, and fuel economy. Santa Fe is heavier, softer and bit bigger, so 3rd row is actually better. I still can't decide.
    I am not sure about the properties of WD40 when it comes to conductivity. I think I am going to try something like white lithium grease. It does not conduct electricity. The only problem, its not as fluid as WD40 and may not penetrate the sides of the switch.
    Mitsubishi only has auto climate control, not dual. Also, definitely only black leather available. I forgot to mention the FAST key. That would be nice to have, but I'm still not sold on it. Hard choice, but if Hyundai brings the 0% financing to 4 years, I'll take it!
  • mrmister2000mrmister2000 Member Posts: 86
    I was thinking the same thing when I read that post. Without knowing for sure what the electro-conductive properties are for WD40 (both wet and when dry) I'd advise against using it.

The white lithium grease sounds like it might work. One helpful way to apply it might be to dab a little of the grease on the edge of a thin piece of clean paper (like computer paper) and stick the edge of the paper into sides of the switch. Might help to reduce the possibility of getting the grease where it is not intended, while still ensuring that it makes its way into the switch crevases.

Just a thought.
  • mrmister2000mrmister2000 Member Posts: 86
    I still can't decide.

Yeah, I know the feeling! I saw a silver Santa Fe Limited getting onto the highway in New Jersey today (only the second Santa Fe I've seen on the road so far) and I just couldn't get my eyes off the truck as it entered the on-ramp. It was just so sharp-looking! :)

Personally, I think the Santa Fe looks a little nicer than the Outlander, but it's hard to pass up on all the technology the Outlander packs.
    I go Saturday to get my '03 Jeep appraised by Hyundai. In Markham, ON, the Mitsubishi dealership and Hyundai dealership are side by side. They just got the '07 Outlanders in yesterday. They have 3 XLS models. I'm definitely going to check them out, but I still believe I'm going with the Santa Fe. I'll purchase by March 1.
  • piastpiast Member Posts: 269
    I'm sorry, you are right - it is single climate control. You can't go wrong with either of them, good luck. BTW Mitsu just won Paris-Dakar rally seventh time in a row. Do you need any more proof about their reliability?
  • proudnewdadproudnewdad Member Posts: 12
    This is also my first post kontent. I've been test driving SUV's for the past 4 months and actually stumbled upon the 07 Santa Fe while wanting to test drive a XL-7. Sat in then drove a 2.7 Santa Fe and my wife and I looked at eachother in disbelief! (We really liked it). We had test drove a Mariner - broke down on us 1 mile from our house after test driving it, Murado - too much money for what you get, Rav4 - wife did not like the tire hanging off the back, Highlander - does not excite me and too much money, Kia Sportage - actually not to bad (wife said I would get teesed though), Outlander - We drove the outlander after the Santa Fe and we both really liked it. I agree with a previous post - very sporty feel and more fun to drive then the Santa Fe. The back seats did not seen as comfortable as the Santa Fe and the exterior door handle gave a hollow feel when you open the door - you will understand what I mean when you open it. After driving the Outlander, we went back to the Hyundai dealer and drove a 07 Limited Santa fe while the Outlander was still fresh in our head. We once again fell in Love with the Santa Fe. :shades:
  • jtajta Member Posts: 17
    Thanks everyone for your feedback....

I contacted Hyundai directly and they are trying to locate a Black/Black Santa Fe also for me.

I guess I will just sit back and wait.

Sorry about the bottom Feeder Comments, but I tend to call 'em as I see 'em. I just really hate when a salesmen looks you in the face, and starts touting inaccurate information as truth. ;)
  • carritocarrito Member Posts: 38
    I just drove the LS Outlander today, XLS wasn't available.
    Things I did not like: the seat's fabric suede-style (weird feeling), door arm-rest not very comfy, I'm not tall so I had the seat high and it wasn't comfortable to rest my left elbow as the arm-rest was too low, climate controls look/feel cheap, center console not long enough, yes you can extend it but still short, oval shape for speedometer and rpms, shift knob too small, the worst part is the interest rates 5.8% (Canada)

Nice things: 6 speed auto (hardly feel the change in speeds), sporty drive, tire pressure monitoring system.

I told the salesman that I didn't like the seats fabric and I wanted leather but didn't want to pay for all the extras of the XLS, he told me to put seat covers!! I told him, if I'm spending this amount of money on a vehicle I don't want to use seat covers ;)

anyway I like better the SF, I'll miss the 6 speed transm.
  • gizzer777gizzer777 Member Posts: 335
    Tried the Outlander too...the salesman could not answer one of my questions. Inside felt a bit quirkey too. The SF is a lot more conventional and has NO LEARNING CURVE (hate that).
    The salesman recommended seat covers???/You would need special ones as not to interfere with the seat air bag deployment

I bought the Sante fe GS last week and in the very short time I have had it...the 5 speed is extremely smooth and quiet...time will be the judge...Took me a lot to get by the stigma of past Korean vehicles but the reviews on this one were very good...so I jumped in. I hope it is reliable and I do not have to use the warranty too often. I hope the reviews are accurate!!!!
  • gopeygopey Member Posts: 17
    Looking at the 2007 Rav4 and 2007 CRV, I can see how people refer it as a CUV; drives like a car with the ability of awd. However, I woulddn't want to take thse vehicles off pavement. But what about the Sante Fe?

The Sante Fe seems rugged enough to be able to go off road. The SF is not a stump grinder like the 4Runner, mind you. But it does have the 50/50 split and higher ground clearance. So...

Will the new SF chasis able to handle to bumps and ruts or will some "thing-ma-jig" snap off underneath? And, can the SF handle heavy duty pot holes or will have to get a wheel alignment after every major snow storm?
    :confuse:
    My in-laws live in an isolated region on a small mountain in northern PA. I would have to say most of the roads to the house are light to medium off road duty. I also took it to a trail park in PA. The medium duty trail was very hard on the Santa Fe but the AWD was awesome. Aside from the dents and scrapes in the exaust I have NOT broken any "thing-ma-jig" 's YET!

If you go for it and plan on some off-road antics get a skid plate for the front. I took a nasty spill one weekend and the plate saved me from some costly repairs...
    Hey pelican19, Are you talking about the plastic skid plate that's already there? Or did you buy a metal one after market? If you did, where did you buy it and how much?

First time I went off road (link here in case you missed earlier post.) I hit the front skid plate pretty hard. I though for sure I broke it since it was only plastic. But I hit it just at the end where there is a metal beam underneath. Ouff.
    Romik puts it out. The price is kind of steep but I think its worth it if your going to take the Santa off road often.

Its not as thick as some offered for say the Explorer or Blazer but mine took a nasty hit from a pointed rock and all I got was a half dollar size ding. Here is the link:

http://www.koreanautoimports.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=31_27_64&products_- id=196

Let me know if you get it. Good Luck,

Anthony, SI NY
  • djdublmdjdublm Member Posts: 19
    Just bought an 07 SF limited in Dark cherry Red with Black leather interior, it is very sharp, my salesman said he had not seen one with this combo of colors before, i had him find one like this for me and he loved the look as well. Rides like a dream plenty of power and smooth ride, its like driving a car, it actually rides better than the 06 Sonata that i traded in on it. 1 issue with it though the outside temp is showing a constant 68 degrees called my salesman he said there is actually a tech service bulletin out for that and to bring back in and they would fix it. Also my best friend bought a 07 Outlander ES the same day he got a killer price because of a dealer misprint, he got it for about 1500.00 below invoice. He opted for the ES because he said the other options because of having to buy them in packages makes it to expensive not to mention the great deal he go hes just going to put some aftermarket wheels on it, otherwise hes loving it, fun to drive but it doesnt ride like the Santa Fe its a much rougher stiffer ride. Cant wait to take the Santa Fe on a long road trip.
    You turn in your 06 Sonata too? I have(had) a Sonata 06 and traded it in for the Sante Fe LTD AWD. It took me awhile since I had to go to several dealers. I needed to get the best trade in value and the best cost for the purchase in order to offset a huge loss.

I bought the deepwater blue and I love it! Having owned the Sonata, I use the Triptronics often for braking and going up steep hills.

I had to drive 60 miles to the dealer and on the way back I noticed I am getting over 26 miles to the gallon on the highway. I hope that gas mileage calculator isn't broken because that seems a little high for a Hyundai that only has 150 miles. Around town says I am getting 18. I am hoping these are actual numbers.

The overhead reading lights auto. come on when door opens. According to previous posts, I thought the only light to come on is the back roof light. Does your SF do the same?
  • westvirginiawestvirginia Member Posts: 15
    We test drove both today. We also looked at the CRV in the showroom, but it looked like a hearse in the black color and we just walked out. It's very spartan on extras even though it was the top of the line version. It had very small space behind the rear seat too. The sales guy seemed like he didn't care we were there.

Now back to the Santa Fe vs. RAV4. I didn't even consider the Santa FE at first until I started reading the reviews on-line. I'm glad I did.

The Santa Fe feels roomy in front and back. Three adults could easily fit in the rear seat. It was very quiet and smooth. My only gripes are it feels abrupt over sharp bumps and the transmission seems to bog the engine down until it finally downshifts. Then, it zooms off. I can live with that in return for the extra room. A lot of extras are included in the limited package.

The RAV4 we drove had a noisy 4 cylinder engine. It sounded like my small mazda car. It feels very tight and compact. It had a nice, smooth ride even over speed bumps. The rear seat turned us off big time. Its very tight for three people, even kids. The middle person would have to sit on the seat belt buckle. Another negative is the swing out tailgate. I can see having to swing this out into the traffic lane at the grocery store, not good!

So, we were sold on the Santa Fe are going to go back this weekend to make a deal. It feels almost luxury like compared to the spartan CRV and the semi spartan RAV4.
    For that price I would prefer aluminium. Buy the time I get this shipped to Canada and duties... I think I'll wait a bit. For now the only obstacles in the trails is snow! Maybe buy the time fall comes around we will have more choices.

Thanks for the link and review tho. Ill keep it in my bookmarks just in case.
  • djdublmdjdublm Member Posts: 19
    Yeah i had an 06 GLS V6 in Dark Cinnamon had the lx 17inch wheels on it, i really wanted the Santa Fe when i got the Sonata but with no rebates and no discounts when they first came out, i just couldnt afford it. I took a pretty big loss on the Sonata but with dealer discount of 2000.00 plus 1500.00 in rebates it helped offset the difference some. I just got my SF last Thursday and have only driven back and forth to work so far, I got the SF limited FWD and no my reading lights dont come on with the doors i wish they did because it seems rather dark in the front cabin area at night. Is there a switch of somekind somewhere to make them come on?
    Wow. I have been wishing for some snow here since I bought the Santa with AWD. I got my wish today. I live in Staten Island and we got hit pretty hard this morning. The AWD handled very well. The trucks only issue : the OEM tires in a nutshell "STINK". Granted, On ice no tire handles that great but if the performance in snow is just as bad I may have to replace them. I got my wife the Entourage SE and it came with beefy MICHELIN LX4's. Any other recommendations?
    Stay at home with a big cup of hot chocolate. :D
    We need to keep the SFs for a long time to recoup our loss for the trade in. But, I don't think this will be a problem. This vehicle is put together very nicely. I am amaze at how solid it feels.

About the front reading lights coming on when you open the door... In the back ceiling light, I have two buttons. One buttonn says "Door". I can have the front reading lights turn on when opening the doors if I click this button.

I don't know if that the "Door" button has always been there. It is possible they may have addded/modified the lights due to all the complaints about interior lighting and it now comes with the latest model from Alabama.

Let me know if you have it too.